Pokémon Dragalge

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I know I was the first in this thread to say dragalge would be terrible in OU... I was dead wrong!

This thing is actually pretty insane! He wall breaks pretty much anything! Nothing switches in, not even steels can stand a draco meteor without being 2HKO'd and for some of them OHKO'd! Dragon/poison is nearly perfect coverage. (again steels don't take meteor well either)

He honestly has no counters.. nothing can easily switch in, he has focus blast and scald to punish some potentional walls like ferrothorn and scald to dish some burns to pressure, honestly idk.. HP fire deals with somethings as well but I don't find it that nessecary. He can switch into anything slow like rotom and take a burn, then pretty much is guarenteed to either kill a rotom or severly hurt something for the rest of the game if he chooses the right move. (should there be a fairy..)

I mean look at this!
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 146-172 (41.4 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
^That's a special ferro.. after rocks still 2HKO'd

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Slowbro: 306-360 (77.6 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 226-266 (74.3 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 173-204 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Scald vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 168-198 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 136-160 (35.3 - 41.5%) -- 78.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 192-226 (51.3 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 140-166 (37.4 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
^Can't recover spam Sludge wave when poisoned

The only thing that I can find that counters him..
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 194-230 (30.2 - 35.8%) -- 38.5% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 180-214 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

(Let's say knock off..)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Chansey: 292-344 (45.4 - 53.5%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO

That's very impressive..

Last edited:
2 M.Manetric HP Ices do up to 82% to an uninvested Dragalge (Which was the standard specs set on the calc)
Even if that was the set in the calc (it's not, NU specs runs 200 HP /252+ Sp. Att/56 Speed), why would Drag not have some investment in its bulk? Not like it could use that much in speed.

Even ignoring that, being able to take 2 HP Ices is more than enough to check M. Manectric, since either STAB comfortably OHKO's, there's no need to go for Draco and risk a free Fairy switch.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Manectric: 336-396 (119.5 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And if there's an immunity to either, Scald's not a bad choice either, 2HKOing without hazards, so it's a safe if not quite strong move to spam.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Manectric: 141-167 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Basically, Mega Manectric loses to Drag. If Drag is at full health, it can switch in, even with Rocks, take two HP Ices and OHKO, forcing Manectric to Volt Switch out if it wants to stay alive. The problem then becomes the fact that Drag is extremely difficult to switch into, so even if you save Manetric, something else is likely to get nailed. Maybe I can't sweep with Gyarados because Manectric's still alive, but if you mispredict and lose Heatran or Rotom-W, Talonflame's gonna have a field day.

What makes Drag effective is that in a 1-v-1 situation, anything besides the Pink Blobs that can't OHKO him, or at least 2HKO him, is liable to get either KO'd or crippled to barely being usable. Drag seems in turn like a good partner to Pokemon who need only a few specific threats removed to sweep/clean, since 90% of the time, Drag can dent it enough for them to finish the job.

So this monster has 5 or 6 very viable moves for an offensive set. I'm pretty sure Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave are obvious choices, but what would the final two move slots consist of between Focus Blast, Thunder(bolt), Hydro Pump, and HP Fire?

So this monster has 5 or 6 very viable moves for an offensive set. I'm pretty sure Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave are obvious choices, but what would the final two move slots consist of between Focus Blast, Thunder(bolt), Hydro Pump, and HP Fire?
Scald also from what I've read.

Probably Scald and Focus Miss Blast. Scald to potentially burn some physical attackers and that horrible accuracy move to (hopefully) kill steels who wall uou otherwhiles

BTW I'm so happy this awesome pole finally got viable

Dragalge@Toxic Plate/Draco Plate
Adaptability
Modest 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald/Dragon Tail
- HP Fire/Focus Blast

After much experimentation, this is one of Dragalge's better offensive sets. The problem with Choice Specs is that your STABs have immunities, common ones, in Steels and Fairies. Many good teams have at least two of these and because of Dragalge's speed even if Draco Meteor does dent a Steel pretty hard, you won't get a second shot off. I don't like giving the enemy so many free turns. The other thing is that even with Choice Specs, HP Fire is still a 2HKO on Ferrothorn and Skarmory. No boosting item and HP Fire is always a 2hko on physical Skarmory with SR, even with Leftovers, and you out speed Ferrothorn anyway. As for Focus Blast that's only good for Tyranitar, and you can't OHKO bulky variants with Specs either, so you'd have to hit twice. You're better off just going for a Scald burn.

Meanwhile here with the speed and a Toxic Plate you can outspeed still OHKO Clefable and Azumarill. 50% to still OHKO AV Azumarill with SR on the switch. 67% chance to 2HKO AV Conkeldurr with SR too with Sludge Wave, or guaranteed 2HKO with Draco Plate and Draco Meteor. Hydro Pump is out damaged by Draco Meteor thanks to Adaptability even if it's SE, and the accuracy is worse too, you're better off with Scald. Thunderbolt only offers to 2HKO special defense Skarmory.

The plates are recommended because with Adaptability the added power is compounded and makes some big differences, enough to warrant it over Black Sludge for this particular spread. Because like was said, Dragalge really really is specially bulky and has great resistances with a Toxic immunity. Life Orb unfortunately doesn't help your coverage damage enough to make a difference, and the residual damage is bad on something as slow as Dragalge. It can stick around otherwise.

Dragalge@Black Sludge
Adaptability
Calm 248 HP / 156 SpA / 100 SpD
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave/Draco Meteor
- Scald/Toxic
- Dragon Tail

This set is meant to be paired with Skarmory who lays lots of hazards. The two are an amazing pair defensively, covering all of each others weaknesses with a resistance (outside of Ice) and covering both physical and special bulk. With hazards down and Dragalge out, there is intense pressure on the opponent, particularly if they think you're choiced. It's easy to get a Substitute on the switch then. The spread allows you to OHKO Mega Gardevoir with SR 100% of the time, and Hyper Voice doesn't come close to a OHKO on its own. Substitute and causing Scald burns can actually make you pretty damn tough to take out actually. Mega Manectric, Specs Magnezone, Specs Raikou and Rotom-W Volt Changes can't break your Sub, and Manectric HP Ice is a 4HKO. With a resistance to Bug, many common U-Turn users can't break the Sub either including CB Staraptor, CB Talonflame, CS Jirachi, Landorus-T and Diggersby. With hazards down, Dragon Tail is a good way to rack up hazard damage if there aren't Fairies but lots of Steel and Poison types. Here are some calcs too.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 121-142 (36.3 - 42.6%) -- 94.7% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 117-140 (35.1 - 42%) -- 85.9% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge in Sun: 110-130 (33 - 39%) -- 12.7% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 152-180 (45.6 - 54%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 113-133 (33.9 - 39.9%) -- 35.2% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 126-150 (37.8 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 114-136 (34.2 - 40.8%) -- 54.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 165-195 (49.5 - 58.5%) -- approx. 58.2% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (Sludge Wave 2HKO if on switch,needs Earthquake to OHKO)
+2 44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 228-268 (68.4 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (Scald is great here and Dragon Tail)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 151-178 (45.3 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 235-277 (70.5 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 126-150 (37.8 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

You get the point. It's a good combination of bulk and power that excels against a variety of playstyles. At first I tried to really abuse Toxic Spikes but they are so useless when you considered the amount of aerial, Steel and Poison types there are on a common team, usually at least 2/3 of a team is immune. Regular Toxic is just plain better if you don't want to use Scald.

Last edited:
I still don't see HP fire being that useful..

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 254-299 (76 - 89.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Let's say you sped crept a little more..
-2 252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 127-150 (38 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 235-277 (70.3 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
^ Try roosting on this slow mon.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 470-554 (140.7 - 165.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 236-278 (70.6 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 272-320 (77.2 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 270-318 (76.7 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Scizor is the only real reason you should run HP fire.. but even then he doesn't like scald burns or dracos.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Scizor: 189-223 (55.1 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

If you put an 140 EVs in speed..

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 400-472 (99.2 - 117.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
^Otherwise this guy hard counters as draco doesn't do too much either..

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 216-256 (53.5 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

TL;DR Focus miss > HP fire

Did you even look at the set? It doesn't use Choice Specs. Those calcs are irrelevant. As I said, If Focus Blast and HP Fire are both 2HKOs on the things that matter, why would you opt for the move with 70% accuracy? Also, HP Fire still 2HKOs Skarmory if you're using specs and it Roosts anyway. All you're doing in all of these situations it giving your opponent a better chance on living by insisting on using a 70% accurate move over two turns. While it'd be nice to OHKO Tyranitar coming in, that's still only if you hit, and he's handled just as well with Scald as is.

Did you even look at the set? It doesn't use Choice Specs. Those calcs are irrelevant. As I said, If Focus Blast and HP Fire are both 2HKOs on the things that matter, why would you opt for the move with 70% accuracy? Also, HP Fire still 2HKOs Skarmory if you're using specs and it Roosts anyway. All you're doing in all of these situations it giving your opponent a better chance on living by insisting on using a 70% accurate move over two turns. While it'd be nice to OHKO Tyranitar coming in, that's still only if you hit, and he's handled just as well with Scald as is.
Heatran, Bisharp, Excadrill, and Tyranitar are all great targets. It does the same damage to Ferro / Skarm / Scizor etc.

idk if running a non Specs set is viable. Without the specs boost Draco Plate Dragalge only hits about 10% harder than LO Latios... but only with Dragon moves. It's slower, only marginally more bulky (not in any noticeable way), worse typing, worse movepool... Dragalge doesn't have much going for it in OU but I think its stand-out feature is its nightmarish nuclear power. I think that should be something to be capitalized on.

Typing is hardly worse than Latios. It trades a weakness to Bug, Ghost, Dark (Pursuit trapping) and Fairy for weaknesses to Ground and Psychic. Latios has 6 resists (7 with Levitate) and 6 weaknesses, versus Dragalge's 7 resists and 4 weaknesses, and their defenses are fairly comparable. 80/80/110 vs 65/90/123 Latios' biggest and best advantage is obviously in its great speed. Ironically however, Dragalge's speed is such shit that it can always afford to greatly invest in HP, meaning it becomes quite a deal bulkier than Latios in practice, especially when you don't use Life Orb or pick Black Sludge. Put it into practice and you'll be surprised just how bulky it can be. But besides, Dragalge has the strongest special based Poison moves in the tier (Mega Beedrill wins physical versions), being the absolute best Dragon type to take on Fairy types. I think you're underselling Poison as a typing now, as it's a relatively rare STAB to come by in OU. Sure, Latios does have a great movepool, but Dragalge at least has everything it really needs outside of Recover.

The goal of this Dragalge is not to spam Draco Meteor, but spam Sludge Wave as your first priority, which is why I recommend Toxic Plate because you'll be using it more. Draco Meteor is for Dragons and specially unimpressive pokemon that resist Poison but not Dragon. The rest is coverage for both. Without Specs you are actually allowed to throw out Draco Meteor's more liberally, as if a Fairy does switch in other than Klefki, Mega Altaria or Mega Gardevoir, you can kill with Sludge Wave instead of being forced out. Yeah, Specs just hits harder, but the practical application of that power difference is either unnecessary or merely a hindrance because of Dragalge's speed. Dragalge is a much easier to use if you don't have to worry about locking into the right move. The Plate set it less risk, and sometimes less reward than the Specs set. If you don't think it's viable, try it out.

And regarding HP Fire, I actually prefer to run Dragon Tail myself. I find Scald to be generally sufficient for pretty much all Steel switch ins, and sometimes the hazard damage from Dragon Tail really helps and semi-scouts their thought process.

EDIT:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 123-146 (40.7 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 124-147 (41 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 166-196 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 93-111 (27.9 - 33.3%) -- 92.8% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 113-133 (33.9 - 39.9%) -- 35.2% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 248 HP / 100+ SpD Dragalge: 126-150 (37.8 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I'd say that this can be considered noticeably bulkier. Dragalge can actually switch into Specs Icy Wind and come out on top. Latios would lose thanks to the speed drop

Last edited:
Heatran, Bisharp, Excadrill, and Tyranitar are all great targets. It does the same damage to Ferro / Skarm / Scizor etc.

idk if running a non Specs set is viable. Without the specs boost Draco Plate Dragalge only hits about 10% harder than LO Latios... but only with Dragon moves. It's slower, only marginally more bulky (not in any noticeable way), worse typing, worse movepool... Dragalge doesn't have much going for it in OU but I think its stand-out feature is its nightmarish nuclear power. I think that should be something to be capitalized on.
For two of those mons you mentioned..

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 255-301 (93.7 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 271-319 (75 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Coverage isn't even needed for them :p

But yeah, dragalge can be bulky, and he can be a nuke.. unforunantly he can't be both as life orb ruins some SE 2HKO's he lives, black sludge kinda takes away his niche in clicking a something dies button, and draco plate is really inbetween taking bulk and not providing enough power. However is primary niche in OU is a check to fairies and being stronger than latios.. slapping a specs on him is the safest option, and ironically is pretty risk free since fairies will still be afraid to switch into predicted sludge waves, again draco nukes everything, and for annoying stuff like ferro the coverage is there to scare it.

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Happiness: 0
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Scald

This is the set I'm having luck with. 140 Spe EVs allows him to outspeed uninvested T-tar. Everything else is pretty self explainitory.. happiness 0 cause wynaut?

Last edited:
Again, Specs is NOT risk free. Both of your STABs still have immunities, as I've explained. You still have to guess right, it's a high risk high reward set, obviously provides the best power, but I'm offering alternative sets that have specific functions other than raw power.

RoyalDispenser Please read my posts more carefully. I advised against Life Orb myself, and you should read the context of the item's purposes within the set descriptions. I actually advise spamming Sludge Wave with Toxic Plate in general to be a Fairy killer with its other moves as coverage. Black Sludge and Adaptability allow for Dragalge to be an offensively threatening tank of sorts. Dragalge threatens switches, and when played with hazards like I suggested, Dragalge can do a lot of prolonged devastation between hazard damage, Scald burns and powerful STABs to fall back on. It can do a lot of damage over the long haul and allowing you to maintain control of the field. Behind a Sub, Dragalge is very threatening to most Defog and Rapid Spin users.

These are set options I recommend trying out. Choice Specs have their place and I'm not recommending against it, but these sets are viable in their own right for specific team types. The Sub set specifically is good for semi-stall/Bulky Offense.

I haven't really had much experience with this guy yet, but how would an assault vest work out? It's already been stated a few times in this thread that its surprisingly bulky. I can see it swapping into a special attacker and then counter-attacking.

I guess it wouldn't have the power of specs or the longevity of black sludge, but it would have an easier time swapping in, and it's not like it'll missing any of its non-attacking moves or anything.

I just realized we've been comparing Dragalge to Latios a bunch, but has anyone considered running both? Typical Latios checks like Bisharp, Heatran, Tyranitar, and Clefable that may try to switch in on Dragalge get completely slaughtered by the right move. Latios (or another Dragon I guess) could then use its better speed to clean up.

I don't think they share any weaknesses besides Ice and Dragon. Meh, it's something. Dragalge can't really sweep but it sure can open holes.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so what does Dragalge switch into, exactly? I can only think of Keldeo and random Toxics thrown around and that's it.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so what does Dragalge switch into, exactly? I can only think of Keldeo and random Toxics thrown around and that's it.
Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y, Rotom-W, Mega Venusaur, Mega Manectric, Raikou, Clefable, and Thundurus are all pretty good mons it can switch in on. The list isn't that extensive nor is it perfect, but it's still better than other wallbreakers like Crawdaunt's.

Just tried it out. This things a beast. Seaweed beast. It punches huge holes to anything that stays or switches in, aside from immunities.
Won because of this lol
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 382-450 (117.9 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Guy should've outraged instead of DD. Replays dont work with my laggy internet atm.

Still, this thing is a serious wallbreaker. With good special bulk.
And for anyone arguing that Goodra is better, thats not a viable argument. Dragalge is a wallbreaker, Goodra is a SpD wall. Goodra has more coverage, but less power. If you want a SpD wall, go for Goo. Want a special bulky wallbreaker? Dragalge

It seems like the mega that dragalge is used with most often is gyarados due to their good synergy and dragalge being able to break through several of gyara's counters but I was wondering if anybody has had success using dragalge alongside any other megas?

Last edited:
I just realized we've been comparing Dragalge to Latios a bunch, but has anyone considered running both? Typical Latios checks like Bisharp, Heatran, Tyranitar, and Clefable that may try to switch in on Dragalge get completely slaughtered by the right move. Latios (or another Dragon I guess) could then use its better speed to clean up.

I don't think they share any weaknesses besides Ice and Dragon. Meh, it's something. Dragalge can't really sweep but it sure can open holes.
It's not a horrible idea since Latios is immune to Ground and resists Psychic for Dragalge. I think a Trick Specs/Scarf set with Defog would be a decent pairing as this allows for the ability to revenge, kill hazards, and cripple walls like Chansey or SpD Heatran.

Latios@Choice Scarf/Specs
Levitate
Timid 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
- Trick
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Yeah, that makes for a decent pairing. Scarf is needed for Mega Sceptile and Dragon Dancers so it make sense.

As for whoever mentioned Assault Vest, AV is a terrible choice for pokemon with low HP and high SpD like Dragalge. In general the item is only useful on pokemon with low SpD and high HP and attack stats, generally with an ability and typing that make it perform as a good pivot. You'd get far more out of Black Sludge and Substitute.

It seems like the mega dragalge is used with most often is gyarados due to their good synergy and dragalge being able to break through several of gyara's counters but I was wondering if anybody has had success using dragalge alongside any other megas?
Wait what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)