Resource Speed Tiers (Post-Misdreavus Meta)

You probably know best, is 0 EVs at 9 speed a mistake then? as that's in the OP
Yeah that must be. I recall while creating that set in Next Best Thing that Pancham started at 10 Speed.

EDIT: I was toying around with Pancham on the damage calc, and it appears that the nature on the damage calc is Sassy. This is probably why Pancham has 9 Speed listed in this list. Shrug you missed the "-" after the 0 in the list. Look again! (The set in the damage calc runs a Sassy nature, so the set in the analysis where Aaron's Aron got this information probably does as well.) :)

To reiterate, after ORAS is released, Pancham will likely be running 11 or 12 Speed, and not 9 Speed. This is mostly because Pancham won't be wanting to speed tie with Spritzee, and the expected increase of Pumpkaboo usage will cause Pancham to want to either Speed tie it, or out speed it. Mostly because Pumpkaboo will be able to burn Pancham before it is able to hit Knock Off.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
The initial speed of Minccino is wrong in both 27 and 26 speed groups, and Minccino should also be in the 25 speed group; however, at the bottom...

It is all perfect. I initially told you about this the first day this was posted; however, I don't think you understood what I said, or you misunderstood what I said.

Basically 18 x 1.5 = 27 and 17 x 1.5 = 25
Dang it. I forgot how to do math. -_- Thanks Pancham (nice name change by the way :))

I will also add the faster Pancham Speeds as well. Thanks guys! :)

About Psyduck we could consider:
  • A set with a Modest nature, Choice Scarf item and a 236 EVs speed investment => trunc(15*1.5) = 22 Speed
  • A set with Calm nature, Eviolite and no EVs speed => 12 Speed
I don't remember a Swift Swim Psyduck's set but it's clear if we are thinking about that, we could imagine different speed (e.g. 24, 26, 32)

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

Poliwag for 19 Speed + it can get Swift Swim
I dunno. Is it really viable enough for me to put it on the list...? I don't want new players to think it is viable because it is on the list. Maybe it is, I'm just curious for a bit of an explanation is all. :) Also, why are you drinking sun-tan lotion?

You should add Squirtle to 12 :]
Okay friend B)

Pancham should have 13 speed listed, it outspeeds pumpkaboo
Okay, added. :)

Aaron's Aron

Yeah I derped for a moment when I posted and mixed the two up. I was thinking Poliwag was Squirtle's viability and vice versa. My bad, my bad. :)

EDIT: I added the three Pokemon you guys suggested. Sorry about that, for some reason I thought Squirtle was decent while Poilwag sucked. Why did I brain fart. O well. So yeah, I'm really sorry about that (but Poliwag is still a macle).

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

I am adding all of the Trick Room Pokemon I can think of, and you guys are welcome to suggest more.

So far I have added 0- Trapinch, 0- Porygon, 0- Cubone, and 0- Darumaka (I'll edit this as I keep adding).

Also, should I have them on there as 0 Speed IVs as well? Or maybe do like:
Trapinch:
6 Speed - 0- EVs (5 Speed with 0 IVs)?

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pertaining to Psyduck, the most common sets are probs Calm Eviolite 0 EVs (12 Speed), Modest Eviolite 236 EVs (15 Speed), and then Modest max Speed Choice Scarf (what, like, 22 Speed?).

Rain Speeds maybes, but I doubt those are any good either way.

Aaron's Aron

Solosis, Spritzee, Azurill and, Skrelp I believe are also ran on trick room teams.
Okay, I'll add them. Thanks. :)

Pertaining to Psyduck, the most common sets are probs Calm Eviolite 0 EVs (12 Speed), Modest Eviolite 236 EVs (15 Speed), and then Modest max Speed Choice Scarf (what, like, 22 Speed?).

Rain Speeds maybes, but I doubt those are any good either way.
Ahh yes, I've been wondering about this one. Thank you very much sir.

Aaron's Aron

Aipom should definitely be in the 18 Speed tier too, Adamant is legit.
Make up your mind people... Someone said to remove it and someone said to add it now too... lol. I will just add it so people are prepared. It can't hurt.

Aaron's Aron

I added all of the Pokemon you guys suggested, as well a a few more of my own. For the Trick Room Pokemon, I just put the 0 IV Speed next to the 31 IV Speed in parentheses. If anyone else has anything they would like added, removed, or changed just let me know! Thanks for all the input everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)