2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, Leverkusen match was the same as the last one, camping around Monaco's box for around an hour but then getting caught on the break afterwards. Not the biggest deal though, still have a great chance to top the group and progression is already secured anyway.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Waiting for Arsenal fans to call Arsene a genius for starting Yaya Sanogo
Actually, after seeing him in the line-up I felt for the very first time that I really want wenger to leave. Sanogo played well today which is nice but I don't think anyone could have known that and playing a striker who has failed to score in 18 apps, in a gme we really needed to win is disgusting. Especially when players like podolski and Joel Campbell are screaming for a start.

Sanogo is good for hold up play and poking his feet at defenders...about it.

His breakaway chance fuck up is what we are used to

Nervy game. Fun game. Great result.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Most frustrating game of the season so far. We were just too relaxed, too confident. A draw isn't the worst result but is still very poor by our lofty standards. Not to the mention the fact that we almost lost the game. Credit to Sunderland though, for working their socks off, right to the end. Still unbeaten though, still top of the league. Matic was undoubtedly the MOTM.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Southampton looking a bit nervous, especially at the start. Fonte and Clyne have had a bad first half. Schneiderlin has been fantastic though. Bertrand and Alderweireld have played well too.

City has played better overall but haven't had many chances... Good performances by Hart and Nasri.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
can someone explain to me what the hell happened to southampton? i wake up around the 70th minute and despite drawing the red for the whole time ive watched they looked like by far the worst team in the league. It didn't matter what city was doing, they just couldn't complete multiple passes in a row, provided no resistance to just dribbling past them, and offered basically no attacking threat until the red... Southampton was clearly at least a very good midtable team coming into this, so what is with this change? It sounds like they were more reasonable before i started watching, so im gonna believe me watching cursed them,,,

EDIT: apparently schneiderlin came off at half, and apparently they looked good in the first? makes me question just how fucking good he is (also makes me mad spurs didn't manage to sign him,,,)

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
can someone explain to me what the hell happened to southampton? i wake up around the 70th minute and despite drawing the red for the whole time ive watched they looked like by far the worst team in the league. It didn't matter what city was doing, they just couldn't complete multiple passes in a row, provided no resistance to just dribbling past them, and offered basically no attacking threat until the red... Southampton was clearly at least a very good midtable team coming into this, so what is with this change? It sounds like they were more reasonable before i started watching, so im gonna believe me watching cursed them,,,

EDIT: apparently schneiderlin came off at half, and apparently they looked good in the first? makes me question just how fucking good he is (also makes me mad spurs didn't manage to sign him,,,)

Schneiderlin got injured and they subbed Yoshida in so they were playing with 3 centerbacks. Apparently one of them (hard to tell who) was playing as a holding midfielder, but in reality, Southampton's shape on the second half was a 5-2-3. And when they were behind in the game and subbed in Long and Mayuka, it was some kind of 5-1-4 with 3 pure forwards and Tadic as a winger?? who knows really.

It has to be said that Pellè missed 2 clear cut chances too.

But yeah they were just so disorganized after Schneiderlin left the game that City's midfielders could just burst forward and get a long shot without opposition.

On the first half they were organized and did a good defensive job overall, they had some bad minutes at the start but they dominated the last 15 minutes of the first half and had a couple of great chances.

Reactions: pj
hell of a game between Valencia and Barca.
Valencia had their Chances but Bravo produced the saves when required... and then Messi producing that one moment of magiC to win it at the end.

While they were celebrating...Messi get’s hit in the head with a bottle, complains to the referee and gets yellow carded. Welcome to La Liga!

hell of a game between Valencia and Barca.
Valencia had their Chances but Bravo produced the saves when required... and then Messi producing that one moment of magiC to win it at the end.

While they were celebrating...Messi get’s hit in the head with a bottle, complains to the referee and gets yellow carded. Welcome to La Liga!
i saw that on TV... how could he get a yellow for that? makes no damn sense. but oh well, 3 points are 3 points

god damn Bayern handed the match to Man City, basically created all 3 goals they conceded. Now we'll see if that was just a fluke or if Man City's European form might all of a sudden turn into what all their money they spent on all those players should suggest.
I am sorry :( ugh, that was a hard game to watch. well, looks like Man City came out to play against Southampton lol

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I was worried about how we'd do without Costa and that worry was amplified when I saw Drogba's name on the team sheet instead of Rémy but Tottenham were garbage tonight, especially Lloris. Hazard shouldn't have scored and he basically handed the second goal to us. Costa returns on Saturday but Matic will be suspended. He will be missed and even though Newcastle have been playing well, we should be fine.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was worried about how we'd do without Costa and that worry was amplified when I saw Drogba's name on the team sheet instead of Rémy but Tottenham were garbage tonight, especially Lloris. Hazard shouldn't have scored and he basically handed the second goal to us. Costa returns on Saturday but Matic will be suspended. He will be missed and even though Newcastle have been playing well, we should be fine.
7 players were fine or better for spurs, chiriches vertonghen fazio and lloris were all trash. Infuriating when the young players who are supposed to be more questionmarks are all good, but we can't get a result because our supposed veteran stars all decide to choke on dick simultaneously.

me.. because I don't have him >.>
had flipping cesc :(
although I do have him now, because the fixture list for City looks great for points gains.
still got costa as well

Last edited:

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Finally got a solid week, got 91 points. Up to 35k overall, gotta aim for the top 10k soon.

Got rid of Costa, Fabregas and ADM - think it's the right move tbh. Have Hazard, Rooney and Eriksen instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)