Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys whats Krookodile Viable sets in OU?? Im running a Life Orb with SR Krook in my team What do you think about Band? i find it that getting locked into a Move not so viable . Have you tried Scarf Moxie set???
I would just go to UU and use it there. Almost every one of it's sets can be pulled off better by something else in OU, with Landorus-T doing virtually everything Krook does better.

Guys whats Krookodile Viable sets in OU?? Im running a Life Orb with SR Krook in my team What do you think about Band? i find it that getting locked into a Move not so viable . Have you tried Scarf Moxie set???
I remember running an SR Krookodile, which is nice due to a decently fast taunt and STAB Knock Off. Other than that, it isn't remotely viable, and even then it is, but barely.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Thanks , this is teh kind of RIGHT answer i was expecting, not just rants about it being UU.
They were not saying that you can't use it because it's UU, they said krook is outclassed in every role it does by other OU mons, so if you Wanna use it successfully you better use it in UU.

During early XY I tested the Krookodile + Gyarados intimidate combo as pivots which worked nicely but I dunno how it works now and I do imagine Landorus-T working better but I see no reason not to try it ^^

Thanks , this is teh kind of RIGHT answer i was expecting, not just rants about it being UU.
Earlier in the XY meta, a lot of people were running a defensive Krook with

Toxic (this slot is really up to you, I've seen Taunt being used among other options)
Stealth Rock
Knock Off
Earthquake

I can't remember the exact EVs, but it picked up popularity for awhile before people realized Lando T was better.

Last edited:

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
I remember a stall team that was really successful carrying a krookodile as rock setter, but yea lando-T is generally better. However We should consider that it was aegi meta and lando-T couldn't really switch in on it while krook was a good answer to it

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why do some sets list roost as the recovery move to use when the pokemon also has access to recover? While I can understand if the pokemon is part flying for situational defense against rock or ice attacks, I also see it on Latios and Latias sets and can't see any advantage between the two (they do have the same PP and recovery power, right?).

Is it just a bookkeeping shortcut and there is no difference?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why do some sets list roost as the recovery move to use when the pokemon also has access to recover? While I can understand if the pokemon is part flying for situational defense against rock or ice attacks, I also see it on Latios and Latias sets and can't see any advantage between the two (they do have the same PP and recovery power, right?).

Is it just a bookkeeping shortcut and there is no difference?
On something like Latios or Latias, which I'm pretty sure are the only Pokemon with access to both roost and recover, there is no difference between the 2 moves. Roost removes the flying type, except that's irrelevant since they are not flying types.

Hello all, i noticed the tier clause:
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are not permitted in play.
though it does not say does this also not allow for evasion raising abilities like sand veil?

Hello all, i noticed the tier clause:
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are not permitted in play.
though it does not say does this also not allow for evasion raising abilities like sand veil?
That's because those abilities aren't broken, they're easy to play around since weather is not infinite and they only take off a small percentage of accuracy.

Is it possible to get a Scarfer, Rocks setter, Gengar Check/Counter, and Rotom-W Check/Counter in two teamslots?

Edit: I just remembered Sceptile-Mega, but I already intend to use Megagross along with Dugtrio,Talonflame, and Latios, so any Mega isn't really an option or else I basically have to make a whole new team.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Is it possible to get a Scarfer, Rocks setter, Gengar Check/Counter, and Rotom-W Check/Counter in two teamslots?
Scarf gengar is a really cool set that outspeeds and picks off a lot of the new megas, and checks all non-scarfed gengars. Then you slap on a ferro to check Rotom and set rocks.

Scarf Landorus-T with SR + AV Goodra or Dragalge.

As long as your team isn't too weak to Ice, those two combinations could work well.
Running SR on a Choiced mon sounds kinda shaky. I'm considering either ScarfTar, Scarf Keldeo, or Scarfing Latios and using Mold Breaker Excadrill for hazard removal, since he can take out Rotom. Would any problems arise if I use any of those?

Scarf gengar is a really cool set that outspeeds and picks off a lot of the new megas, and checks all non-scarfed gengars. Then you slap on a ferro to check Rotom and set rocks.
Ferro sounds good to me. Gengar would stack a Pursuit weakness with Latios, so I'd have to get a Fighting-Type or something.

Thanks for the suggestions though appreciate it.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Running SR on a Choiced mon sounds kinda shaky. I'm considering either ScarfTar, Scarf Keldeo, or Scarfing Latios and using Mold Breaker Excadrill for hazard removal, since he can take out Rotom. Would any problems arise if I use any of those?

Ferro sounds good to me. Gengar would stack a Pursuit weakness with Latios, so I'd have to get a Fighting-Type or something.

Thanks for the suggestions though appreciate it.
Yeah, idk what aragorn was thinking with scarf lando-t.
In general, dont try to condense too many roles into as little teamslots as possible.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, idk what aragorn was thinking with scarf lando-t.
In general, dont try to condense too many roles into as little teamslots as possible.
SR is fine on Scarf Lando if you really need to condense your roles, which is what I got from his post. Ideally, never use it, but sometimes you have to.

Edit: I just remembered Sceptile-Mega, but I already intend to use Megagross along with Dugtrio,Talonflame, and Latios, so any Mega isn't really an option or else I basically have to make a whole new team.
Mold Breaker Scarf Excadril can do all of that with one slot. Otherwise you can just use a scarf drill and another Mon like ferro to set up rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)