Bleach Discussion Thread

i'm getting mixed vibes from this chapter. on the one hand there is ichibei fighting on par with bach, even bragging a little, with his sealed zanpakutou (brush is likely his sword, remember ryujin jakka was a plain dumb cane in its sealed form). on the other we know bach will pull some bullshit out of his ass to massacre ichibei. not that i mind bach winning this one, wouldn't make sense to go this far and have the bad guy lose unless it entailed some serious plot twist or something dumb. dibs on "transfer my soul to uryu's body and beat ass".

and there's youruchi's little brother which was mentioned aproximately zero times i guess? my precise reaction at his reveal was "UGH" followed by "great, more loose ends".

i'm getting mixed vibes from this chapter. on the one hand there is ichibei fighting on par with bach, even bragging a little, with his sealed zanpakutou (brush is likely his sword, remember ryujin jakka was a plain dumb cane in its sealed form). on the other we know bach will pull some bullshit out of his ass to massacre ichibei. not that i mind bach winning this one, wouldn't make sense to go this far and have the bad guy lose unless it entailed some serious plot twist or something dumb. dibs on "transfer my soul to uryu's body and beat ass".

and there's youruchi's little brother which was mentioned aproximately zero times i guess? my precise reaction at his reveal was "UGH" followed by "great, more loose ends".
Well let's not forget why there probably hasn't been any bankais from the zero squad, remember those stupid plot-breaking badges that capture bankai and made all the captains shittier since they couldn't fight on equal ground to basically Quincy bankai (voltz-whatever)?

None of them have been infused with Mayuri's "cure" for that, so that's something they're probably aware of. I mean, Ohetsu chopped them all up with an unnaturally sharp sword, and Ichibei hasn't likely revealed anything either for that same reason. In fact, all they've really used are their extremely potent gifts that made them selected for the zero division in the first place. So unless they've conveniently forgotten them or the sternritter are boosted to stupid levels of power to outclass them thanks to Bach, probably not going to see much.

they couldn't fight on par with the quincy then because they had their own bankais used against them. byakuya for example was almost killed by äs nodt using senbonzakura kageyoshi. then again the quincies were locked out of using their vollständig while in possession of a captain's bankai, as stated by bambietta after mayuri administers his deus ex and the bankais return to their owners. do note that byakuya regained his bankai after that (i don't remember if at the time we was already in the king's palace, which could be a plot hole, but i can't be assed to look it up right now).

as far as stealing the bankais of the zero squad go, a number of things may be working against that. first and foremost, a cure has been developed by mayuri. he may be a jackass and a lunatic, but he is also pratical so he would have relayed it to the the zero squad. even if he didn't, or wouldn't, shutara could have probably figured out how to mimic mayuri's cure. or perhaps the elite quincy just don't give a shit about stealing bankais.

I mean Bach still has Zanka no Tachi so it's only going to be a chapter or two more before he says "hey guess what I got" and uses it to kick the Zero Division's collective asses (so really Ichibei probably can and will use his Bankai once the other Sternritter are dealt with and is gonna get stomped anyway), and THEN Ichigo comes in

fight is going well for now, both ichibei and bach are trading blows and no one has the upper hand yet (until the inevitable deus ex or fuck up on ichibei's part).

but yeah his faces are priceless. he is like a breed of mayuri and kenpachi.

These last two chapters have made me think that maybe this is actually just gonna go completely anti-shonen and Ichigo is gonna show up and Ichibe's just gonna be there holding Bach's head like "Hey, thanks for showing up, but we got this! What, you think the strongest Soul Reapers weren't able to take these assholes?"

New chapter up!

I must say that Ichibi is more like a Soulreaper in the sense of the word, only thing that I can´t quite understand is why mangapanda put "Darkness" in that way, maybe there was another meaning in the original japanese.

But for a God of death to own all the darkness in the world he quite fit the rol. I don't doubt that something will happen and Uryuu have some purpose for being up there (I have my reserve if he will try to betray Juha, maybe he really got a change of heart, but what could be the reason to do so?. Also he is in love with mayuri daugther)

The fight is going really well, really interesting but I really expect Juha to put a trick out of nowhere like always.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When Ichibi was explaining the power of his Zanpakuto...why did Kubo draw the darkness being lifted from Urahara?

Hmm...

Last edited:
ichibei states that all "darkness" in the world becomes his when he releases his zanpakutou. what that means exactly i don't know. that is why "darkness" is shown flowing from urahara and stuff then and at the beginning of the chapter.

i wish kubo stopped hyping ichibei this much. the stronger he seems to be the biggest will be my disappointment when his inevitable bullshit defeat occurs. i guess his is kind of like what charlie brown feels in that one comic.

i wish kubo stopped hyping ichibei this much. the stronger he seems to be the biggest will be my disappointment when his inevitable bullshit defeat occurs. i guess his is kind of like what charlie brown feels in that one comic.
This pretty much, now that we love Ichibei so much, his eventual loss thanks to Ichigo (why do we even care about him spamming getsugas again?) will suck all the greater.

These last two chapters have made me think that maybe this is actually just gonna go completely anti-shonen and Ichigo is gonna show up and Ichibe's just gonna be there holding Bach's head like "Hey, thanks for showing up, but we got this! What, you think the strongest Soul Reapers weren't able to take these assholes?"
Now it's three but COME ON DAMN IT STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS AND HAVE SOMEONE DIE ALREADY

Plot twist: Ichibei actually defeats whats-his-face, and Uryuu is the actual big bad who Ichigo has to face.

(lol)

I have no idea why they couldn't just use Urahara or someone else shown to be affected by Ichibei's power explain briefly what is happening to them, instead of Ichibei telling Bach, I'm legitimately afraid Bach has something up his sleeve to counteract the ability he just explained. I mean Urahara is a smart person he could've easily explained in a brief manner what is going on.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yhwach's schrift "a" stands for "the almighty"? while it sounds cool, it's more like "a" for "the asspull" :\

ugh, while this just sounds like a much more broken / overpowered version of gremmy's "the visionary", it's actually quite fitting that yhwach, the man being hyped up as the final villain, gets such a power. other than that, i thought ichibei's powers were extremely creative, and that his bankai, or "evolved zanpakuto", as he calls it, is a fitting complement for his shikai's power.

I'm legitimately afraid Bach has something up his sleeve to counteract the ability he just explained.
Sigh...at least I called it. Man if they pull off an Aizen and his ability basically means he didn't need his subordinates then screw this series and screw the villains.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think you guys are actually missing some pretty important character development when you get down to it. Bach got his powers by, essentially, stealing them. He's a king, why would he want to do something himself? That's a pretty round character actually.

Bullshit reason, yes, but how is no one talking about how they basically said "DON'T explain your fucking powers and expect to win, you dumb shits"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)