Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Thugly duckling

The team hack presented is pretty cool and is also present in hack's team archive, I used it in a tour match and what I noticed during that match, was that the team is a complete nightmare for stall teams.

Steel's team looks nice too.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay guys! This round of the Ubers Teambuilding Competition is coming to a close. The winner of this round is Thugly Duckling! Congratulations to him. I'm not going to count the votes this time because it was honestly quite inconsequential.

You all might be wondering what the next core is, but Dice and I decided to wait until ORAS gets up and running in few days (although if there's still server issues, that would be unfortunate). However, if you would like I am not opposed to you guys sharing any cool XY teams you have as this era comes to an end, it just won't be in a competition setting (don't post an RMT though).

When ORAS is implemented, I will start the beginning of the next round, so get hyped!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay. With SPL coming up soon, there are some definite concerns regarding interest levels with players saving builds for SPL and such. As a result, dice and I have definite reservations about starting this up again.

So with that said, I would like people to express in this thread whether they have interest starting this and continuing it until SPL, through SPL, or not starting it until after SPL.

Thank you.

I don't really see how players saving building builds for SPL is a problem, since it isn't just an XY/ORAS teambuilding thing, so you can choose BW2/DPP as the tier. Also, since you build around a theme or a concept, if that theme is in the SPL build, then the player can choose not to submit that team, and build another one. However, SPL probably will be the focus of the teambuilders, so there might not be that must interest, with time/effort being mostly dedicated to SPL.

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Mega-Swampert, during this period of SPL building, we could explore other generations with this project. Dice mentioned in the OP that all of them are fair game. I think the project should abuse that now.

I also agree with Mega-Swampert for the multigen building. I think that having a gen every round would be a great idea, and actually it helps more players discovering old metagames. I've been playing DPP Ubers years ago and i think it is an awesome opportunity to come back with building teams and participating into discussions! What about ADV/DPP/BW2 while picking a metagame each round ?

I propose that we incorporate actual battling into previous gen teambuilding comp somehow. The previous gens are effectively dead, so it would be nice to have some actual team battles, rather than pure theorymonning to determine the winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)