ORAS Super Secret Bases Thread (Read the first post before posting!)

Seeing as Secret Skills have not been mentioned a whole bunch wherever I go, I decided to take a look at each skill that is offered, and...I was shocked. There is definitely a utility gap between some skills and I just want to voice this out "tier-wise." I've literally been looking at this for a long while (for weeks even, probably shouldn't have), and decided that the best way of ranking them is by utility, to cover up both casual and competitive gameplay from players. The more utility (and by that, I mean how much time it saves, how less it degrades over time as a trainer grows, and what it offers), the higher I ranked it.

So, there are six tiers (SS, A, B, C, D, F; awkward lettering, I know)...and you can read in the tags, if you wish. Just warning you, possible wall of text awaits! Hope that I could help.

"Picking Up"

Wow, Game Freak. You did this? Just...wow. Having the ability to have a shot at getting rare items such as Heart Scales, Rare Candies, PP Ups, PP Maxes, and Master Balls is just downright freaking ridiculous from the standpoint of utility. The weakest items you can get are Escape Ropes, Ultra Balls, and Revives, but the fact that they have good utility themselves just makes this skill so much better than the others. The utility of this skill is massive and, unlike the other skills, does not wear down that much over time because it can yield things that no one would ever pass up. Seriously, if you are planning a team for the Secret Base, always make this skill some sort of thing you look out for.

"Do Some Training"

Essentially it is a daily Rare Candy in the form of a trainer. And that is the goodness in a nutshell, especially if you are aiming for Level 100. I can't be the only one that hates battling on and on and on just for those last levels. That is what this skill is for. It does have flaws, though: being that it requires timing and it degrades in utility as you level up less and less Pokemon, as well as the "Blissey Bash" bases outright outclass them in terms of leveling up. Nevertheless, it is a nice skill to consider outside of the "Blissey Bash."

"Pick up Stones"

A skill that I seriously underrated, since it is an alternative way to get any Evolutionary Stone (or an Everstone, if you are unlucky) if you don't like Super Training. Being able to stock up on these rare stones is something that is very unique about this skill, and is definitely one of the better skills in the game.

"Search For Treasure"

A skill that is only overshadowed by specific rematches within the game, namely Rich Boy Winston, Lady Cindy, and Gentleman Walter. I guess you could use this skill if you want Big Nuggets and the likes, and at least its utility stays relatively the same, but it doesn't have a lot of net worth with it. It is only usable at certain times.

"Massages"

Mauville City Massage Shop right up in your own Base. Utility-wise, it is just average (but at least it isn't one of the useless ones). The only thing it really does is make sure you don't waste money or time for friendship-boosting items, but sometimes those processes are more fruitful than this. The utility is all over the place on this one.

"Tell your Fortune"

This skill is...average. You only get access to 4 O-Power MAX (Bargain, Prize Money, Capture, and a new one: Full Recovery), but all of them force you to dictate what you must do to milk out the most of this skill. The worst one is the new one, because you could just use a freaking bed! Overall, it is usable, but has a variable, unreliable utility.

"Make Some Goods"

This skill is really good early, but becomes virtually worthless as the game progresses. This is because as the game goes on, you get more money, more access to goods, and you soon realize you are wasting the daily skill count for something you could simply buy. Once you reach Gold Rank, there is no use for this skill.
"Gather Berries"

Again, another skill that is good early, but becomes useless when you have milked it for what its worth. This ability is the only way (outside of trade) to get the stat-boosting berries (Leichi, Salac, etc.) as well as Kee and Maranga...but once you get those berries, this skill is a waste to use.

"Egg Nurturing"

Game Freak gave us O-Powers, the Flame Body method, and a one-button input method of hatching Eggs...why waste something as mediocre as this for other skills?
"Do Some Exercise"

This would have been good, but then Game Freak gave us Horde Battles, Pokerus, the Power items, and Super Training...so this skill came a little too late.

Feel free to let me know if there are any qualms of this preliminary list.

Why is everyone creating Blissey-Bases?
Blissey's Base EXP is 255, but Audino's is 390 (!) and it can learn Healing Wish as well.

Is it just for the nostalgia?^^

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To increase the usefulness of this page, when posting a base, don't just give the QR code. Give 1) the code, 2) at least the basic idea of your team (Blissey bash, gym, challenge, etc.), 3) the zone and part of the zone where the base is found, and 4) what type of trainer you appear as (Ace Trainer, Ninja Boy, etc.) This makes it much easier to decide whether to add a base and then find it once you do.

Note that the type of trainer you appear as is important because it impacts your special skills when added as a pal. For example, I'm hoping to gather a number of master balls to aid in SRing legends, so I'm particularly interested in pals with "Pick something up" in their special skills list. Extra bonus points if they also have Blissey. You can change your trainer type by talking to the man in a suit by the map in the Rustboro City Pokemon Center. You can see the special skills various trainer types have when added as pals here.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
- secret pal anyone who seems to collect a lot of flags; you can tell by flag rank (bronze and up) but talking to the person twice helps too
- going back to your own base and talking to those secret pals and hopefully they give a lot of extra flags
Weird, I thought you needed to have them as your friends. Then again, I do have a FC friend in my Base and he still doesn't give me any flags, even though he swears he collects them every day and we're both online all the time.

Weird, I thought you needed to have them as your friends. Then again, I do have a FC friend in my Base and he still doesn't give me any flags, even though he swears he collects them every day and we're both online all the time.
I've had the same problem. Try deleting your friend's base and wait for the buzznav to update (make sure that during the 8hour cooldown you've seen each other in the PSS at least once and the corresponding secret bases should be empty). Worked for me.

EDIT:
My base:
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/V-587-1885-W/secretbase

Info is on the link. Just fly to Route 123 and go right. I appear as a schoolboy.
However, I won't be giving any flags everyday if you add me as a pal, because the base is not 'streetpassed' --- unless you add me as a friend and we see each other in the PSS. That way my base info can be updated. My team though is my story party and isn't made for exp battling, I haven't had enough time for that.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Guys here is my blissey base #one of them is shiny (i don't know if shiny have more exp or not) please visit your always welcome :-)
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/A-462-7682-W/secretbase
And for regirock,registeel dolls I think it depends on your flag rank (3 dolls one for each rank : silver,gold,platinium) i got my regice doll right after i got the silver rank
Wait seriously? I thought they would be event-only. Where can you buy them? I have Silver Rank already.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Wait seriously? I thought they would be event-only. Where can you buy them? I have Silver Rank already.
According to Serebii's page on base decorations, people at the special base in Mossdeep City give them to you. It's in a house Southeast of the Pokemon Center and the game developers have QR codes for bases in there.

Mario With Lasers

According to Serebii's page on base decorations, people at the special base in Mossdeep City give them to you. It's in a house Southeast of the Pokemon Center and the game developers have QR codes for bases in there.
Oh, I thought those bases would be for NPCs (say, Steven or Gym Leaders). I'll go look for those QR codes them, I want a Regice.

What happens if you try to scan a QR code for your own base? It would be nice if it reverted your current base to what it was in the QR, but this is Game Freak, so it probably does nothing or doesn't let you scan it. Still curious though.

Mario With Lasers

Yeah, I already have one, actually. I think it was Shigeru (Miyamoto?) that gave you a Regice Doll when talking to him...I think. I could get a link, if need be.
Nah, already found the producers's QR codes on tumblr, thank you.

EDIT: Lol, Morimoto's Gold Rank. I could swear they would cheat the shit out of their games.

Last edited:
A Secret Base above a tree next to the Safari Zone where the smells of Pokémon sometimes come wafting over:

I don't think that this has been specifically brought up in this thread, but after doing a bunch of Blissey EXP battles for myself, I can definitely say that Double battles are more efficient than Singles. (For this example the Blisseys have Healing Wish as their only move and hold a Toxic Orb, which is the ideal setup).

The reason for this is that on turn 1, two of the Blisseys can suicide on the same turn. This saves time over a single battle. Additionally, it lets you train 2 Pokemon at once. Also, what you can do on turn 1 is switch both starters for two level 100 Pokemon, that way you can skip all of the experience bar animations (which saves more time than you might think). On turn 2, send out your training Pokemon again, and on turn 3 (if you want) switch back to your level 100, and either wait for Blissey to die or just kill it. This does not work in Triples because Healing Wish fails when the trainer has no extra Pokemon in their party, but in doubles they do have one.

And one more tip, if you have someone's Blissey base added but they have their battle type set to singles, you can still make them a secret pal and set your own base to doubles, and then you can challenge them to a double battle inside your own base.

On that note, I'm looking for 5 bases that meet the above Blissey requirements and also have their trainer class that has the Pick Something Up skill (see this). I believe that this is the overall best setup for grinding items *coughMasterBall* and experience at the same time. A lot of the QR codes being posted either have bad Blisseys, or don't list their trainer class. Can we get a collection of QR codes for bases that have everything?

I don't think that this has been specifically brought up in this thread, but after doing a bunch of Blissey EXP battles for myself, I can definitely say that Double battles are more efficient than Singles. (For this example the Blisseys have Healing Wish as their only move and hold a Toxic Orb, which is the ideal setup).

The reason for this is that on turn 1, two of the Blisseys can suicide on the same turn. This saves time over a single battle. Additionally, it lets you train 2 Pokemon at once. Also, what you can do on turn 1 is switch both starters for two level 100 Pokemon, that way you can skip all of the experience bar animations (which saves more time than you might think). On turn 2, send out your training Pokemon again, and on turn 3 (if you want) switch back to your level 100, and either wait for Blissey to die or just kill it. This does not work in Triples because Healing Wish fails when the trainer has no extra Pokemon in their party, but in doubles they do have one.

And one more tip, if you have someone's Blissey base added but they have their battle type set to singles, you can still make them a secret pal and set your own base to doubles, and then you can challenge them to a double battle inside your own base.

On that note, I'm looking for 5 bases that meet the above Blissey requirements and also have their trainer class that has the Pick Something Up skill (see this). I believe that this is the overall best setup for grinding items *coughMasterBall* and experience at the same time. A lot of the QR codes being posted either have bad Blisseys, or don't list their trainer class. Can we get a collection of QR codes for bases that have everything?
I agree.
Well, triple battles also have their own perks.
Lead with the 3 Pokemon you want to train, then switch to three level 100 Pokemon, with one Pokemon in the middle that is capable of OHKOing them all with Earthquake (that way the exp from kill will only be shown once and in aggregate). And you only need to switch once.

What happens if you try to scan a QR code for your own base? It would be nice if it reverted your current base to what it was in the QR, but this is Game Freak, so it probably does nothing or doesn't let you scan it. Still curious though.
Anyone tried this yet?

Last edited:
ok i reached 500+ flags, which means that i received around 300 flags within 3 days although i was pretty lucky on wednesday since i had two people give me 30 and 19 flags respectively, and others who gave a small handful as well
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/G-110-1714-N/secretbase

based on what i posted earlier, i tightened up or clarified how to collect secret base flags "efficiently" and made this for anyone intending to rank up their secret base as quickly as possible

also, i believe that online friends whose friend codes you add will have their secret bases transmitted to your game as well. so if there's a bunch of people who add each other via fc, collect flags frequently, and come online pss a lot (i mean a lot), then technically it should be ridiculously easy to get flags each day. i never tried this though, but if anyone collects a bunch of flags and wants to try it out then let me know and add me while giving me your friend code

Update: I just reached Platinum Rank. Time to spam those skills. For now I am collecting / keeping pals that can pick up, and deleting those that cannot (I've already finished collecting the special berries)

My base:
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/V-587-1885-W/secretbase

Info is on the link. Just fly to Route 123 and go right. I appear as a schoolboy.
However, I won't be giving any flags everyday if you add me as a pal, because the base is not 'streetpassed' --- unless you add me as a friend and we see each other in the PSS. That way my base info can be updated. My team though is my story party and isn't made for exp battling, I haven't had enough time for that.

Here's my Super Secret Base: (Route 119)

I'm also looking for an explanation how this whole Super Secret Base thing works. I honestly don't understand how it functions with the "favorites list" and all that, and the OP of the thread doesn't explain it unfortunately. :/ (Will there be a thread specifically on how Super Secret Base functions and works?)

My QR (route 118)

Here's my Super Secret Base: (Route 119)

I'm also looking for an explanation how this whole Super Secret Base thing works. I honestly don't understand how it functions with the "favorites list" and all that, and the OP of the thread doesn't explain it unfortunately. :/ (Will there be a thread specifically on how Super Secret Base functions and works?)
Its like a sub-game, you either register people via QR codes (which everyone is doing here), or you turn on street pass and pick up people while connected to the internet and get their bases registered in your game. From there you visit their bases to A: take their flag(one per day from any same person), B:battle their AI(s), C:add them to your pals, D:get stuck in their traps, etc.

Collect flags to rank up and get access to more unique items and pal(the people you registered) skills.

And that's pretty much it. More info on Serebii.
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/supersecretbases.shtml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)