Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 44 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how everyone's been checking IVs? Obviously it's not feasible to train up a Pokemon a bunch just to reset, so how is everyone checking them on the fly?

Can someone let me know specifically where the Best Friends Ribbon (for max Affection in Poke Amie) can be found? I've read that its in Mauville, but I've talked to every NPC I could find (especially those in Mauville Hills) and cannot find any NPC that gives it out.

As I said in my original post, I've already checked Mauville Hills. I'll add that Serebii was the first place I looked this up before Googling, and finally asking here. If the NPC is in fact in Mauville Hills, I'm looking for more specific directions (i.e. which room).

Sorry if I sound annoyed, but this is exactly the generic response I was hoping to not get. Thanks for answering, at any rate.

Hey, could somebody point me to places to learn about the 6th gen battle mechanics, meta, team building, etc? I haven't battled competitively since HG/SS and I'd really love to get back into it.

As I said in my original post, I've already checked Mauville Hills. I'll add that Serebii was the first place I looked this up before Googling, and finally asking here. If the NPC is in fact in Mauville Hills, I'm looking for more specific directions (i.e. which room).

Sorry if I sound annoyed, but this is exactly the generic response I was hoping to not get. Thanks for answering, at any rate.
In Mauville Hills, there is a room with two girls. The girl with the hat gives you one Ribbon per day. The other one is the girl who gives you the BFR, I guess. You can go and see if she is.

Hey folks, does anyone have any tips for how to RNG Groudon/Kyogre? In ORAS, obviously. I guess my primary questions are:

1: Are the Legend's nature and IVs locked after the first encounter, or can they still change when you encounter it the second time in the post-game?

2: Effective ways to RNG these guys in general, since this is my first time attempting it myself.

Hey folks, does anyone have any tips for how to RNG Groudon/Kyogre? In ORAS, obviously. I guess my primary questions are:

1: Are the Legend's nature and IVs locked after the first encounter, or can they still change when you encounter it the second time in the post-game?

2: Effective ways to RNG these guys in general, since this is my first time attempting it myself.
The term is Soft Reset you cant RNG in ORAS. You get at least 3 random IVs at 31. All legends are synchronizable.

I just finished SRing a Kyogre in AS I used a Timid Synchronize Gardevoir with 107 speed. Timid Kyogre has max speed of 108 at lvl 45 so if Kyogre outsped Gardevoir I knew it had +speed nature and 31 ivs in speed.

Gardevoir was lvl 56 and used thunderwave first turn then I switched to a level 100 Shedinja with False swipe and Heal block (Kyogre has Aqua ring which makes things difficult).

Hope that helps. Here's my Kyogre it took me only one day of SR captured in a Great ball :P

#382 Kyogre [Timid]
IVs: 29, 30, 31 / 27, 28 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31
Stats at Lv.45: 158 / 96 / 99 / 153 / 144 / 108

It's impossible to RNG in any 6th gen game, including ORAS, you'll have to soft-reset for them.
The term is Soft Reset you cant RNG in ORAS. You get at least 3 random IVs at 31. All legends are synchronizable.

I just finished SRing a Kyogre in AS I used a Timid Synchronize Gardevoir with 107 speed. Timid Kyogre has max speed of 108 at lvl 45 so if Kyogre outsped Gardevoir I knew it had +speed nature and 31 ivs in speed.

Gardevoir was lvl 56 and used thunderwave first turn then I switched to a level 100 Shedinja with False swipe and Heal block (Kyogre has Aqua ring which makes things difficult).

Hope that helps. Here's my Kyogre it took me only one day of SR captured in a Great ball :P

#382 Kyogre [Timid]
IVs: 29, 30, 31 / 27, 28 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31 / 29, 30, 31
Stats at Lv.45: 158 / 96 / 99 / 153 / 144 / 108
Eh, I've been using the term 'RNG' for 6 years now. I'm so used to it at this point that I just keep saying it even though it's 6th Gen. Probably confusing when I'm asking questions though. My bad.

Anywho, thanks. Now I just need a tip for Groudon.

In Mauville Hills, there is a room with two girls. The girl with the hat gives you one Ribbon per day. The other one is the girl who gives you the BFR, I guess. You can go and see if she is.
Yes! Thank you very much! That was exactly what I was looking for. It never occurred to me there would be a second helpful NPC is the same room, but I guess it makes sense.

Eh, I've been using the term 'RNG' for 6 years now. I'm so used to it at this point that I just keep saying it even though it's 6th Gen. Probably confusing when I'm asking questions though. My bad.

Anywho, thanks. Now I just need a tip for Groudon.
RNG usually means RNG manipulation a techniques used in previous generations to get competitive pokemon and or shiny pokemon with consistent results. SR is just turning on and off your console crossing your fingers hoping to get what you want.

Edit: Using an Imsomnia Hypno with skill swap might help cuz Groudon has Rest.

RNG usually means RNG manipulation a techniques used in previous generations to get competitive pokemon and or shiny pokemon with consistent results. SR is just turning on and off your console crossing your fingers hoping to get what you want.
Yes, I know. And with RNG out of the picture, SR is the next best (and only other) thing. I don't know, I'm weird.

Would it be better to try and catch Groudon/Kyogre in the post-game?

Edit: I usually just wait for him to just use all the PP for the move, because for some reason whenever I face him he immediately uses rest the moment his health gets below 2/3.

• Swablu, fast ball (natural cure, hyper voice, haze and roost are a plus)
  • Ralts, dive ball (trace, destiny bond, memento, encore are a plus)
  • feebas, quick ball (haze and hypnosis are a plus)
  • shroomish repeat ball(quick feet is required! drain punch, bullet seed, focus punch are a plus)
I need these pokes. Fresh caught or IV bred. Contact me if you can help. I spent two hours looking for a ralts and the only one I found was male. On the plus side I have a ton of female combee now... At the very least I need friend safars that contain the two that are catchable in XY.

?

?

I can use Apricorn balls like Friend Ball because this is a Telepathy female Ralts that I just found using DexNav.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
LF someone with ORAS to teach my Kangaskhan Low Kick, PM/VM if you can help me.

Edit: Helped.

Last edited:
Yes, I know. And with RNG out of the picture, SR is the next best (and only other) thing. I don't know, I'm weird.

Would it be better to try and catch Groudon/Kyogre in the post-game?

Edit: I usually just wait for him to just use all the PP for the move, because for some reason whenever I face him he immediately uses rest the moment his health gets below 2/3.
Waiting for Post-game is recommended to skip the long cutscene after for the check.

Wish Apricorn Balls were available past 2nd gen cartridges, yo. I have non-HA with Friend Ball but sadly have to use the inferior balls for HA Pokemon. Thanks guys.
Don't worry, we just have to wait for the Gen 2 re-remakes to eventually come out in Gen 9.

Cause that'll totally happen. Eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)