The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

The last half of this ep ;-;

Edit: With respects to the last episode, how did Varrick(or anyone else in general other that Tarrlock) know Amon kicked the bucket (Zombie Amon).

Last edited:

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm getting really annoyed at the frequency by which airbending master Jinora has ended up captured, but otherwise great episode.

I really enjoy enlightened Zaheer as a character but I'm kind of disappointed that he acknowledged his part in creating Kuvira, but didn't accept fault.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
my thoughts:

+Minus:
i felt that the korra + zaheer stuff was rlly forced
+Minus: like
+Minus: "oh, i know we hate each other, but trust me, i can take u to the spirit world"
+Minus: um what?
GeoffBruedly: I thought it made sense
GeoffBruedly: he hates dictators
GeoffBruedly: she wants to stop a dictator
+Minus: that's true, but i assume he hates korra more
GeoffBruedly: korra isnt opressing people
+Minus: they form a truce on something that is so small
@Faxxifer: it wasnt really a truce
GeoffBruedly: its not small
GeoffBruedly: and it wasnt a truce
GeoffBruedly: he realized that he caused a big problem
GeoffBruedly: he sees korra as a means to fixing it
+Minus: idk, i just didn't really like that scene 9.9
@Faxxifer: i thought it was badass
@Faxxifer: still want to see toph tho
+Minus: i mean, it was badass
+Minus: but i think im overanalysing/misunderstanding
+Minus: i think toph is gonna end up like zuko last season
+Minus: everyone was like "omgz it's zuko he's gonna kick butt"
+Minus: and he doesn't even last 3 seconds in the fight in the n water tribe proson
+Minus: *prison
@Faxxifer: fuug you're probably right
@Faxxifer: but idk toph is pretty strong
+Minus: basically, i don't want to get my hopes up
+Minus: also, did anyone catch the name of zuko's daughter?
+Minus: i heard asami
+Minus: but im sure that isn't right
@Faxxifer: i think its like
@Faxxifer: azumi
+Minus: ic lol
+Minus: well, can't wait for next week

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looks like I was right about Zaheer being important again, so I'm happy about that. Not sure if he's going to make another appearance but at least they acknowledged him still being around and whatnot. Minus I don't think it's that weird that he'd help Korra because I never felt like it was that personal for him. They were just enemies because their ideologies clashed and he did try to get her on his side at least twice. And as far as his ideology goes, she had a good point that he eliminated a terrible ruler just to have her replaced by someone worse.

I'm getting really annoyed at the frequency by which airbending master Jinora has ended up captured, but otherwise great episode.
That's kind of the same as I feel about Korra losing fights but I suspect that's gonna turn around soon.

I have a question though, how come Aang (and maybe the other avatars, we don't really know) could never talk to Raava? And why weren't they really aware of her? I'm really curious about this.

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
By the way, this is totally unrelated to the episode, but has anyone picked up any of the Legend of Korra video games? I haven't checked out any reviews or anything yet but if you guys have them I'd like to hear your opinions! I'm thinking of getting the 3DS game if it's on the 3DS eShop.

Hulavuta

I got it for PS3, and the graphics are just DAMN. The bending is also really fracking cool as well (chaining combos tho) but the gameplay is really, really hard. Also, it seems pretty bland so far (just you fighting Chi-Blockers/Triad/Mecha Tanks over and over again) but its not THAT bad. But I got bored pretty quickly and I hope that'll change once I complete the game or something.

But seriously, the combos you can make and your bending is hella sexy.
Yeah I was kinda worried because beat-em-up games tend to get really repetitive and boring for me really quickly. I only have a 3DS so the 3DS game was the only option for me anyway, but honestly it looks really interesting to me. From what I've gathered on the internet and from the back of the box the gameplay looks extremely similar to Fire Emblem which I am obviously a very big fan of. I'll probably get it after I beat Alpha Sapphire.

Hulavuta

So we finally know The Duke's real name

This episode was awesome, "He's an actor" was a great line. The fighting was great, especially Su vs. Kuvira, it was really dynamic and acrobatic. My favorite part was when Su shoved the giant metal cart at her.

Seeing the spirit gun was cool too, really reminded me of Vaatu's eye laserbeam thing. Makes sense.

It seemed really selfish of the spirits not to help Korra, in my opinion. They claim to not want to get involved with human business but I mean they are living in Republic City so they have some responsibility to it too...buncha freeloaders lol. The snakebird guy was really cool though.

At the end I was thinking "There's no way they'd have a rescue episode just to get captured again at the end..." but honestly when the rescue happened I actually first thought it was Korra with the spirits...I don't know why I didn't think of Toph, I guess it was kind of obvious it'd be her but I didn't think of it.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wonder if you really need to be born with the ability to lava bend or if you could learn it somehow. Toph, the mother of earthbending, should have learned this ability if it is learn-able.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I wonder if you really need to be born with the ability to lava bend or if you could learn it somehow. Toph, the mother of metalbending, should have learned this ability if it is learn-able.
I'd assume it's something you need to be born with, like blood bending and combustion blasts. Since Toph knew what it was it's pretty evident that Gahazan and Bolin aren't the only ones, but I'd assume it's a very small number, similar to blood bending in size.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
<Nexus> fucking xu li worst at sabotage why keep the shit on you, hide it somewhere
<Oglemi> lol ye
<Oglemi> tho she probably did it like minutes beforehand
<Nexus> come on she had to do it
<Nexus> when no one was around
<Oglemi> tho if she was really committed to sabotage
<Oglemi> she would have knocked batar out
<Oglemi> when he was looking in the thing
<Oglemi> the first time
<Nexus> um
<Nexus> there were a bunch pf other people around
<Oglemi> they were all escaping
<Oglemi> they were the only two in the building yet
<Oglemi> just smack, run out the door
<Oglemi> "where's batar
<Oglemi> "he's trying to stop it"
<Oglemi> boom
<Oglemi> dead
<Oglemi> done
<Nexus> but it didn't explode ._.
<Oglemi> it would have if he didn't stop it
<Oglemi> he pulled that junk out to shut it down
<Nexus> guess she was banking on it blowing up
<Nexus> and had she knocked out batar she might've been caught in the blast
<Oglemi> she was cutting it p. close trying to get him out anyway
<Nexus> think she knew he'd be able to stop it
<Nexus> if he tried

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
sad that toph's alive, fuck toph

also they shouldve sent bolin to destroy the laser, he couldve just melted the ground under and around it

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Killer episode. Best of the season. Who even needs other forms of bending? Earthbending 4 lyfe.

I like how everyone went searching to find out who Kanto was lol, but I kind of agree with Toph Lava Bending is a rare and cool skill, who needs anything else?

So, if Kuvira is attacking R City, is she doing what the Earth Queen had in mind "retaking Earth Kingdom territory donated by her weak father" or is she pulling a Fire Lord invasion of the world?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
I'd bet she wants to spread her "glory" to the entire world.

Also calling it now, she's going to freak out at Baatar in the next episode because when he tried to stop the cannon from killing Opal his commitment to "her vision" wavered.

I also find it interesting that they only revealed Lin's dad, if we play long term huge guesses, and assume that Sokka was the other dad and that Mako and Korra get back together/marry (neither one is anywhere near confirmed), Korra and Aang become like 2nd cousins thrice removed.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This episode was p good but I still gotta be critical of dumb plot points, like why didn't toph just snap her fingers and strangle kuvira with her own metal suit? Or try and kill kuvira in any way at all? Or at least try and break the spirit cannon? They just kind of left and ensured that kuvira's invasion has to RAISE THE STAKES. It seems like every character in LoK is a total badass except for korra.

I also find it funny that they're trying to play up the nazi connection to kuvira as much as possible.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This. This. This was the best part of the whole episode.

The fight was long and fulfilling too. Just something I noticed, but has earthbending become harder to pull off? In ATLA, earthbenders could just flick their wrist and lift up a rock, but in Lok, it seems like it requires more focus. If you need proof, just think of all of the Dai Li scenes from ATLA. It seemed so effortless to raise yourself up on a rock platform (Lake Laogi was the episode iirc, but it happened other times too), but the twins throwing the giant rock (among others) made earthbending seem hard to do.

Anyway, I think everyone can agree metalbending is the best thing ever invented.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As strong as Toph is, she is getting old and her back is killing her. Also, trying to "psychic metalbend" Kuvira has its limits too. Even if she could've reached Kuvira's armor from that distance, her grip would likely not be strong simply due to how far away Toph is, and Kuvira is more than capable of countering that with her own earthbending.

We did see Sue metalbend her armor at P'Li from a distance, but that was rather minimal.

It's kind of like Hama's bloodbending vs Katara, except this one takes distance into account.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd bet she wants to spread her "glory" to the entire world.

Also calling it now, she's going to freak out at Baatar in the next episode because when he tried to stop the cannon from killing Opal his commitment to "her vision" wavered.

I also find it interesting that they only revealed Lin's dad, if we play long term huge guesses, and assume that Sokka was the other dad and that Mako and Korra get back together/marry (neither one is anywhere near confirmed), Korra and Aang become like 2nd cousins thrice removed.
i must be missing something here. explain the last paragraph pls

Reactions: Key

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)