Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Does the game autosave after the Delta episode (i.e. before I can check if I caught a good Deoxys)?

In previous games, Deoxys was not needed to complete the National Dex since you could only get one from events. Thanks to ORAS, that is no longer the case. Does this mean you need Deoxys to complete the ORAS National Dex?

How do you get streetpassed an eon ticket? Do you have to physically be near another game with the ticket, and your ds on?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
How do you get streetpassed an eon ticket? Do you have to physically be near another game with the ticket, and your ds on?
Yes, but they both need to have Street Pass activated for ORAS. To activate it, you need to press a button on the Pokenav's TV App.

Edit: Ninja Frog'd

So if someone has the ticket, they can intentionally pass it to me? Or how does that work exactly?
They can't send it to you intentionally, no -- apparently it's just passed by by a passerby online or whatever. I just know because it happened to one of my friends and she hasn't been able to send it to me and such.

Early in AS, May tells me "sneak up on that pokemon tail and you'll encounter a pokemon with a rare move!" I do so and it's Poochyena, I catch it and it turns out it knows Fire Fang. I looked it up on Serebii to confirm that Fire Fang is one of Poochyena's egg moves.

My question is, is this the general pattern for those "sneak up on em" pokemon: something you would otherwise find in that same area but with an egg move? It would make me very happy if that was the case.

Early in AS, May tells me "sneak up on that pokemon tail and you'll encounter a pokemon with a rare move!" I do so and it's Poochyena, I catch it and it turns out it knows Fire Fang. I looked it up on Serebii to confirm that Fire Fang is one of Poochyena's egg moves.

My question is, is this the general pattern for those "sneak up on em" pokemon: something you would otherwise find in that same area but with an egg move? It would make me very happy if that was the case.
That's one of the possible features of Dexnav, yes. Other features include possible perfect IVs (three max), higher levels and hidden abilities.

Edit: Little question of my own; when you catch all three of the lake Trio, does the star above their island, and the island itself, stop appearing? I just thought it'd be a good way to check max friendship.

Last edited:
Now that I finally finished the Delta Episode, I want to build a team to explore Hoenn completely and find all the Pokémon, items, places, etc., that I missed.

Sharpedo
- Dive
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Thief
>> fastest surfer, HM slave

Linoone
Ability: Pickup
- Strength
- Secret Power
- Dig
- Rock Smash
>> item farming, HM slave

Tropius
- Fly
- Cut
- Flash
- Sweet Scent
>> HM slave

+ my "Catcher Smeargle" from X
+ a LOT of Max Repels & Poké Balls

Question: Is there anything else that I should add/get for utility purposes?

Last edited:
You probably want an egg hatcher. Talonflame and Volcarona are pretty interchangable because they also happen to learn Fly and nothing else. They are the most mobile ones at least.

Is there any way to avoid the Lati@s confrontation? We want to save them for later but the game inist on us saving it.
If not, is there a way to faind out if it has 30 or 31 IV?

You probably want an egg hatcher. Talonflame and Volcarona are pretty interchangable because they also happen to learn Fly and nothing else. They are the most mobile ones at least.

Is there any way to avoid the Lati@s confrontation? We want to save them for later but the game inist on us saving it.
If not, is there a way to faind out if it has 30 or 31 IV?
You can't avoid it, no. I use this calculator to work out IVs; synchronizers work as well. Set the level to 30.

You can't avoid it, no. I use this calculator to work out IVs; synchronizers work as well. Set the level to 30.
We have feared that much.

The main problem is that before the Battle Resort we have trouble verifying whether they have 30 or 31 IVs. As far as we know it is only possible to check them at level 50, not 100.

We have feared that much.

The main problem is that before the Battle Resort we have trouble verifying whether they have 30 or 31 IVs. As far as we know it is only possible to check them at level 50, not 100.
You can check the rest of the IVs using super training and just wipe them with ev reducing berries/ reset bag later on if you like to preserve the level.

We have been away for that long that it took us a bit time to gather ourselves. Brainfart

Recap: If the IV of a stat is 31, 4 EV will increase the stat. If the IV of a stat is 30, 4 EV will not increase the stat.

Now that I finally finished the Delta Episode, I want to build a team to explore Hoenn completely and find all the Pokémon, items, places, etc., that I missed.

Sharpedo
- Dive
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Thief
>> fastest surfer, HM slave

Linoone
Ability: Pickup
- Strength
- Secret Power
- Dig
- Rock Smash
>> item farming, HM slave

Tropius
- Fly
- Cut
- Flash
- Sweet Scent
>> HM slave

+ my "Catcher Smeargle" from X
+ a LOT of Max Repels & Poké Balls

You want a Thief user with Compound Eyes to increase the chances of the pokemon holding an item. I use Galvantula because you can find Joltik in one of the routes after the National Dex. Galvantula can also learn Cut and Flash so you can replace Tropius's moves with Earthquake and Razor Leaf for horde battles.

Galvantula
Ability: Compound Eyes
- Thief
- Cut
- Flash
- Thunder Wave (for catching Pokemon that your Smeargle can't Spore)

You can also replace Linoone with Camerupt who essential has the same moves but also can hatch eggs. TBH Pickup isn't that good since most of the items you get aren't that useful.

And also maybe something with Suction Cups for chain fishing like Octillery who you can also surf on if you ever want to fish while surfing.

We have been away for that long that it took us a bit time to gather ourselves. Brainfart

Recap: If the IV of a stat is 31, 4 EV will increase the stat. If the IV of a stat is 30, 4 EV will not increase the stat.
12 EV's are required to gauge it properly, if the characteristic doesn't say 'Alert to sounds'. (assuming you go Timid) The good thing is Synchronize works 100% of the time provided you keep the Pokemon with it in your party. (perhaps carry no more than 5 Pokemon to speed things up slightly)

12 EV's are required to gauge it properly, if the characteristic doesn't say 'Alert to sounds'. (assuming you go Timid) The good thing is Synchronize works 100% of the time provided you keep the Pokemon with it in your party. (perhaps carry no more than 5 Pokemon to speed things up slightly)
Synchronize is a 50% chance.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

As you've already been told; yes, you can get Pokemon with egg moves, good IVs and hidden abilities through the DexNav feature.

What I wanted to add was that encountering the same species of Pokemon with it over and over will upgrade the DexNav's search function for that species. The higher level the search function gets the more information you get pre-battle (what level the Pokemon is, what it's 'first move' is (that's what the egg move is), what ability it has and if it's holding an item). I would recommend encountering a certain Pokemon repeatedly until the search function for that Pokemon is around level 10 or higher so you can get all the best moves and abilities (I got a Drought Vulpix with Heat Wave and great IVs after 17 encounters, for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)