Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 EV's are required to gauge it properly, if the characteristic doesn't say 'Alert to sounds'. (assuming you go Timid) The good thing is Synchronize works 100% of the time provided you keep the Pokemon with it in your party. (perhaps carry no more than 5 Pokemon to speed things up slightly)
We just have remembered that the Battle Institute is locked off until post game. Good thing we know that the Synchronizer works 100% of the times on the Latis twins. The cutscene is still annoying, though.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We just have remembered that the Battle Institute is locked off until post game. Good thing we know that the Synchronizer works 100% of the times on the Latis twins. The cutscene is still annoying, though.
If you're using MetalKid's IV calculator you can determine the exact IVs just by adding EVs to the Lati@s. You'll notice that you can enter the stats and EV values at several levels, change all the levels from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to 30, 30, 30, 30, 30. Enter the stats at level 30 with 0 EVs in the top column and hit calculate. It will tell you what the next level or how many EVs you need to be at / have to help narrow the range down. Super Train you Lati@s accordingly and add the updated EV spread in the next column (while leaving the first column untouched) and the updated stats and click calculate again. I'm not sure how many times you need to repeat this but just keep doing it until you get a definitive answer for what each IV is! Then you can just while the EVs with a Reset Bag and you have a completely untouched Lati@s that you know the exact IVs of

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
What are the requirements for getting your secret base flag upgraded? (aside from collecting more flags obviously) According to Serebii I should get the bronze flag after collecting 30 flags, but now I've got almost sixty and still a normal flag :\ and I don't really like the prospect of grinding to a 1000 flags and then not getting Garchompite because I forgot some stupid additional requirement lol.

What are the requirements for getting your secret base flag upgraded? (aside from collecting more flags obviously) According to Serebii I should get the bronze flag after collecting 30 flags, but now I've got almost sixty and still a normal flag :\ and I don't really like the prospect of grinding to a 1000 flags and then not getting Garchompite because I forgot some stupid additional requirement lol.
You have to talk to Aarune at the Secret Base Guild in Fortree City once you get the required number of flags, then he'll upgrade you. Don't worry, you keep all the flags you already have so you'll still be about 40 away.

On that note, getting 1000 flags is a massive pain in the ass. Anyone got a quicker method of getting them?

How on earth can you get 1k flags of the number of bases is limited? I find it so ridiculous. On my Sapphire, I had every single base spot filled, and now that we have online interaction and more places to build bases, there's a limitation?
You simply get more flags from the same bases the next day. It'll take a while, but it is possible.

Finally got a decent Rash Giratina after about 100 SRs with IVs of 29/31/31/31/24/22. Is the Speed IV sufficient for a typical offensive mixed Giratina-O or should I try again?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Finally got a decent Rash Giratina after about 100 SRs with IVs of 29/31/31/31/24/22. Is the Speed IV sufficient for a typical offensive mixed Giratina-O or should I try again?
Read the OP of this thread. Such questions are for the Wi-Fi forum to answer.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since Serebii says you can chain Dexnav encounters, does chaining Dexnav also increase the shiny rate?
the people here have been working on determining if it does http://www.reddit.com/r/DexNav/comments/2o9suy/dexnav_data_analysis_xpost/ but as of right now it looks like there's a flat rate per encounter (similar to how friend safaris had a 1/512 chance of producing a shiny pokemon per encounter) their sample size is rather small so take the value there with a grain of salt but as of right now looks like higher chains does not mean higher chances of getting a shiny.

When's the earliest you can transfer pokemon from previous gens (gen 5, 4, and 3) to Omega Ruby?

I'm expecting to get it next week, and I haven't played any pokemon games since Soul Silver.

When's the earliest you can transfer pokemon from previous gens (gen 5, 4, and 3) to Omega Ruby?

I'm expecting to get it next week, and I haven't played any pokemon games since Soul Silver.
You can bank Pokemon (through Pokemon Bank, a separate app for the 3DS) over almost right away. Trading, however, is not until just after helping Wally catch his Ralts.

Any weak double battles in this game?

I have a level 30 Smeargle and I want to sketch Soak from a Level 3 Wingull, but all the double battles I face have Lvl 50+ Pokemon which OHKO all my Pokes.

Little question of my own; when you catch all three of the lake Trio, does the star above their island, and the island itself, stop appearing? I just thought it'd be a good way to check max friendship.
The star disappears, but the island is still accessible. Not sure if that's any help.

Any weak double battles in this game?

I have a level 30 Smeargle and I want to sketch Soak from a Level 3 Wingull, but all the double battles I face have Lvl 50+ Pokemon which OHKO all my Pokes.
Scan in one of the Blissey bases from the Quickstart to Breeding/Training thread and do it with one of those: they're all Triple Battles with lv100 Blisseys that only know Healing Wish.

I don't know when the earliest is, but to transfer from previous games you need the Poke Transporter app for your 3DS (which comes with PokeBank), and a gen V game. So if you have only SoulSilver, you would have to transfer to a gen V game first. I think you also need a PokeBank account.

The star disappears, but the island is still accessible. Not sure if that's any help.

Scan in one of the Blissey bases from the Quickstart to Breeding/Training thread and do it with one of those: they're all Triple Battles with lv100 Blisseys that only know Healing Wish.
They told me to come back tomorrow :(

I don't know when the earliest is, but to transfer from previous games you need the Poke Transporter app for your 3DS (which comes with PokeBank), and a gen V game. So if you have only SoulSilver, you would have to transfer to a gen V game first. I think you also need a PokeBank account.
Adding to this, a Nintendo Network account is required, and you have to have beaten said Gen 5 game.

Ok guys, so I've been fiddling around with the DexNav, and I have a couple questions:

1) Does a higher Search Level = Better IVs? Or do I have to do the chaining thing instead?
2) Is there any specific way of making Pokémon appear when I use the DexNav? I mean, when I get the "It couldn't be found nearby. Try looking in a different spot!" message, I go around but it doesn't seem to work. Argh! I don't know how to properly phrase this question! D: Someone should make a DexNav guide.

Ok guys, so I've been fiddling around with the DexNav, and I have a couple questions:

1) Does a higher Search Level = Better IVs? Or do I have to do the chaining thing instead?
2) Is there any specific way of making Pokémon appear when I use the DexNav? I mean, when I get the "It couldn't be found nearby. Try looking in a different spot!" message, I go around but it doesn't seem to work. Argh! I don't know how to properly phrase this question! D: Someone should make a DexNav guide.
A higher search level makes it more likely to have some guaranteed IV's, yes. And when you get the message, just keep trying again. It's annoying, but eventually it works.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They told me to come back tomorrow :(
You need to wait 24 hours after scanning to be able to battle. You only get one battle a day so this is the games way of stopping you from battling it, deleting the base, re-adding it and battling again over and over. Don't bother changing the clock on your DS either as that makes you have to wait another 24 hours

I'm having some trouble finding the Destiny Knot. I have battled the trainers Lois&Hal several times now and I haven't got the destiny knot yet. I have completed the Delta episode. Is there anything else I need to do first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)