Project LC Teambuilding Competition 2.0

I'd vote mine simply because it is one of the coolest I've made. I might have theorymonned it entirely, but damn it's actually good. Sets and stuff are weird, but everything on the team has a purpose. I'd pull up replays but PS is sucking atm.

That all said, fran's is also neat.

Fran17

That team is generally solid, even been week for Drillbur what can be checked with bulk staryu, by the way it looks like a really good team.

I was supposed to vote Boo,but boo teams without gothita sucks :)

Fran17

I think this team has a good sinergy's between mons and it's fully playable. Perhaps Roar on Stunky (for Pursuit) could ensure an additional advantage by SR.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Voting fran17 because as an offensive player i love dwebble (and crustle in NU) and spikes stacking in general, plus i really like the use of scarf vullaby and there is lord stunky so yea. The team seems solid, i don't find any glaring weakness

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to Fran17! The next core to be built around is....

I'm not sure how much needs to be said about the core. They resist most of each other's weaknesses (excluding Fire) and Pumpkaboo got much better by gaining Synthesis. Will you choose to build a Hyper Offensive team utilizing Pumpkaboo's bulk and Pawniard's sheer power? Will you build a hazard-heavy offense that utilizes Pumpkaboo's spinblocking capabilities and Pawniard's ability? Have fun kiddos.

Due to Pawniard being included in the core, you are limited to using only one of the following: Mienfoo, Fletchling, Chinchou.
The submission period will end on December 6th.

I built like seventeen teams around this core within the first day of ORAS lol. Might as well stick my favorite one here.

you cheeky motherfucker you
I NEED SOME (Skrelp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes

PHYSICS :U (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

PUNCHam (Pancham) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

DASHIE :^) (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun

✓M80 (Pawniard) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

PLUMPKIN (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 44 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Synthesis
- Bullet Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

So it's a team built around the monster known as PHYSKRELP. PHYSKRELP is the focus of the team, has attacking moves to attack and toxic spikes as filler. Surshit is there to put up sticky webs and stuff so PHYSKRELP can KILL THINGS BEFORE THEY EVEN MOVE. sd pancham is there because like punching things and stuff and it likes webs. Ponyta is there to outspeed things that get past my webs. Pawn is lo sd because its fun to run and it blocks defog. pumpkin is there to fuck up spinners. That's about all I have to say, you should vote for it because it has PHYSKRELP (srsly tho this team is rly fun you shud try it imo tbh js). also bonus points to me for not using any mienfoo bs.

I never liked stall before I starting playign LC ,but LC stall is so adrenaline and I love it So I made an standard stall team where Pawn is a solid win condition Pumpkaboo is a solid switch for most of mons with Licki being used for support ,Licki is an amazing pokemon that checks Abra and gastly, Drilbur is a spinner and a check for sturdy mons and gunk as a glue for opposing pawn and other fighting mons, Pony is the best stall mon ever invented hope you guys enjoy as much as I do.
http://pastebin.com/hWBb3wvw

[url="http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/"][/URL]

Most of you guys probably have fought/seen this team in ladder battles or LC room tourneys for the last week. Anyways, Pawniard and Pumpkaboo-Super do make a really good core as they both punish your opponent if they want your hazards away and the Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp support is great. Pawniard provides a powerful STAB Knock Off to hinder opponents so that Skrelp can easily clean up with Hydro Pumps and Sludge Waves on the itemless foe. Plus, once your opponent gets knocked off and takes damage from Stealth Rocks, Skrelp can easily 2HKO or OHKO pretty much anything. Pumpkaboo-Super is very important since it is a great spinblocker and Mienfoo and Skrelp really appreciate Stealth Rocks due to the KOs they get and how rocks get rid of Sturdy and Focus Sash users from living at 1 HP. Plus, without Pumpkaboo, this team will be extremely weak to Drilbur and nothing would like to take an Earthquake on the switch. Now on to Skrelp. Skrelp has really benefited from ORAS due to it finally gaining access to its hidden ability, Adaptability. Skrelp now has amazing capabilities because of how nothing resisted to water can take its Hydro Pump really well such as 2HKOing bulky Mienfoo. Sludge Wave is also really powerful and a good coverage move to 2HKO Foongus (which can be annoying for this team) after Steath Rocks. Overall, Skrelp is really great and powerful. Drilbur provides Stealth Rock support to weaken your opponent while switching in and letting Skrelp get 2HKOs on pokemon such as Fletchling, Foongus, and Porygon. Mold Breaker is really useful to take out common Sturdy users such as Magnemite with a STAB Earthquake. Mienfoo is always reliable on a team because of its ability to deal with Pawniard and pivot with U-Turn to Skrelp or another team member. It can also lure in Larvesta and use Stone Edge to OHKO it. Spritzee is an answer to fighting types and it can pass Wishes on to lengthen the longevity of Skrelp and the other team members. Fletchling can be a little annoying so Spritzee can Wish to recover HP while Acrobatics does about 33% while Moonblast will be able to 2HKO. Aromatherapy can also be helpful if any team member is burned or paralyzed, which are very annoying statuses.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bullet Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Synthesis

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald / Icy Wind

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 76 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh look I made more bulky offense but with 2 hazards this time!

Okay here's the deal.

We got two hazards. SR (Pawn) and Spikes (Shelmet)

Staryu stops all common webbers (sorry Sewaddle) and SR setters.

Gunk is glue. EQ Gunk is a lord. Be afraid enemy Gunk.

Goth traps and kills and revenges. Dark Pulse is for Abra. Bad i know. But idc forth slot is free for it.

Pumpkaboo be a fat lord wallin shit. Rock Slide is for fucking birds thinking they can come in on me.

Big Ben (Pawniard) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Poutine (Pumpkaboo-Super) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 44 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Synthesis
- Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Frogman (Croagunk) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

Edgelady (Gothita) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

Ryuusei (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Thunderbolt

Fussy (Shelmet) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Acid Armor
- Infestation

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This is my first Trick Room team of the ORAS era, utilizing the offensive powerhouses of Swords Dance Pawniard, Life Orb Skrelp and Inkay. Pumpkaboo and Spritzee are the most sustainable and reliable Trick Room setters in the tier, both are bulky with access to recovery along with a handful of useful resistances each. Spritzee mitigates my weakness to Fighting-types also, enabling Pawniard to clean up late game. Pancham is a delightful new threat, Parting Shot allows me to cushion a Trick Room setter and bring it in for free, while Zen Headbutt allows me to further stop Fighting-types. My team is beaten badly by mixed Fletchling, however.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Pumpkaboo-XL @ Eviolite
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Destiny Bond

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Trait: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Inkay @ Eviolite
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower

Pancham @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 140 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Parting Shot

Skrelp @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 116 HP / 40 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Infamy

I just found his team to be solid, and SW is cool right now

Eren.

Guys just because ORAS is around it didn't mean we stick Skrelp on everything. Webs isn't that good with Pawn shitting on everything. But tbh all these teams are disappointing. It might be the core but i hope this isn't going to be a multi week slump. :(

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Eren Yeagar won

Next core is just a single Pokemon, Amaura.

It recently received a bunch of cool moves in ORAS, so get building. Deadline is next Saturday, December 20th.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader

So I kinda just threw this together earlier today, but after some testing it seems to be better than one would think. Amaura is there as a flying check mostly; it shreds the sub fletch set that was being hyped in the chat room earlier too, which is cool. Ponyta has decent synergy with Amaura as it can handle Pawn and fighters relatively well. Also gives Syth a boost for chespin and lures in Chinchou. Croagunk adds a water immunity, a rock resis, and priority as well as becoming a second check to a lot of what beats Amaura. However, thus far a nasty ground weakness has appeared so I decided to fix this with Chespin which also adds hazards and cool immunities. Since this is Spikes Chespin, I figured I would rather have Spin over defog, thus I added Shrew for K off support. Lastly, I seeked to complete a FGW core and chose Slowpoke for the bulk and recovery it adds to the team. It also checks a lot of the things I would use Chinchou for, but isn't ground weak making it the superior choice.

Amaura @ Berry Juice
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 60 HP / 200 Def / 224 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Sandshrew @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 236 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam

Chespin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 28 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 116 Def / 188 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)