ORAS Experiences

I just beat the Elite Four in my no-EXP Share Omega Ruby nuzlocke, it was a pretty close one.

My team going into it was Altaria, Swampert, Vileplume, Camerupt, and an underleveled Tropius and Carvanha I hadn't been using but needed to carry HMs for Victory Road. Camerupt died to Glacia's Walrein (I legit forgot it was part water type and could surf, that was sad.) and the Carvanha I had to sac so I could get Vileplume in to sleep the last Glailie without getting OHKOed. Swampert died to Steven's Mega Metagross.

That was one of the most bizarre nuzlocke runs of any Pokemon game I've ever played. The beginning was pretty rough, and I managed to lose over a dozen decent mons, but once I got to around Fortree I just stopped bothering to encounter wild pokemon because my team was completely destroying everything and overleveled the gym leaders by at least five. Three of the E4 members I swept without blinking an eye, with only Glacia and Steven giving a challenge at all. Really unlike most of the previous-gen games, that's for sure.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So, just a little while ago, I went to the Lillycove dept store to buy up secret base items that I didn't initially pick up in my playthrough. And since I was already there I figured I might as well draw the daily lotto; turns out it was a good day to have my XD GoD Salamence in my OR file. Now I have an extra master ball to use on something. lol

I was a bit surprised to say the least, since I've never once won grand prize on the lotto tickets in any of the games they've been featured in. I haven't even done much trading; mostly just have my old competitive Pokes from Y and the GBA/DS era games. lol

So, just a little while ago, I went to the Lillycove dept store to buy up secret base items that I didn't initially pick up in my playthrough. And since I was already there I figured I might as well draw the daily lotto; turns out it was a good day to have my XD GoD Salamence in my OR file. Now I have an extra master ball to use on something. lol

I was a bit surprised to say the least, since I've never once won grand prize on the lotto tickets in any of the games they've been featured in. I haven't even done much trading; mostly just have my old competitive Pokes from Y and the GBA/DS era games. lol
Maybe you ought to run out and buy a real lottery ticket with that kind of luck. Real nice, man!

I'm near the end of the Delta Episode. Currently SR'ing Rayquaza. DAMN is the remixed theme good. With it, I really don't mind having to keep listening to it before checking... Definitely much better than the Kanto legendary theme in X/Y. (will probably say the same thing for the golems and other legendaries when I eventually get to them. I'm not SR'ing them until I have access to the IV judge)

It's been reported several times that DexNav Pokemon can sometimes be holding on to rare and useful stuff. Pelliper can sometimes be holding Lucky Egg
Oh we know all the items now; choice items unfortunately aren't included. Thankfully you get gems like Metal Coat, Lucky Egg and Life Orb.
Wish we got ACTUAL gems...

Well just completed Delta Episode. Nice touch with having the triangle Deoxys pops out of move about like the patterns it did on Birth Island in the original games. And its' theme is awesome! I'll return for it later.

And of course it is nonsense that there'd be a world just like this one where you wake Kyogre, Archie... Oh wait.

Okay I just had to post about this, I just completed the first Southern Island encounter with Steven and walked away with this:

Latios@Latiosite (nickname Kenneth)
Timid Nature
IVs: 30-31/xx/30-31/31/30-31/30-31 (any of them could be 30, but 3 are guaranteed 31)
Raw Stats: 97/58/62/92/80/88

According to Serebii, the Attack IV is 50% likely to be even, meaning if the three 31s are HP/Def/SDef and SPa and Spe are 30, then I have HP Fire!

After a week SRing for a good cosplaychu (Settled on Adamant with 31 attack and speed), getting this in not even an hour feels really good.

Also, I LOVE Courtney's redesign (this is the point where you encounter her for the first time), some people say yandere, I say a mixture of that and Robo-Girl. Still 100% amazing (and hilarious).

Just started SR'ing for Shiny Zekrom. Wish me luck!

Two SR's and no shiny :(
Just kidding, I know it takes a long time, though this is my first SR ever, so I dont know what to expect :)

Just started SR'ing for Shiny Zekrom. Wish me luck!

Two SR's and no shiny :(
Just kidding, I know it takes a long time, though this is my first SR ever, so I dont know what to expect :)
You probably want to try and have the national dex completed first so you get the Shiny Charm to increase your chances.

Just wondering, since most of the post relate to it... does anyone here actually enjoy endlessly soft-resetting legendaries?

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just spent a grand total of six hours soft-resetting a Bold Latias from the Eon Ticket, and just finally got a good one (30/7-9/31/31/31/31). There is no way I am doing any more SRing for one extra HP point at level 100.

Honestly, this was probably the least pleasant thing ever. There were plenty of Latias (Latii? Latiases? idfk) I caught that probably had competitive IVs judging by a cursory glance, and yet I still had to toss them because they were the wrong nature. I had some nice checks to speed it up, though; first one, I'd look at how much damage Sceptile's False Swipe did and judged to see if Latias had even a chance to be the right nature. I also gave my Sleep inducer, Camerupt, enough EVs to bring its Speed stat to 79, since Bold Latias with a Speed IV of 31 at level 30 will have a Speed stat of 80; thus, if Camerupt went first, there was no way the Speed IV would be 31, so I knew to reset and not waste my time.

Really, though, soft resetting legendaries might actually be tolerable if Synchronize worked 100% of the time.

Come on Game Freak, 100% effective nature Synchronize for Gen VII, let's get it

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Really, though, soft resetting legendaries might actually be tolerable if Synchronize worked 100% of the time.
Seconding the sentiment. I must have wasted about three hours resetting for Groudon before I finally got one that was workable, and the worst part of it was that somewhere around half of my attempts wound up with all the important IVs maxed and a nature that did not work at all. Same thing happened with Zygarde in X.

So, in my quest to battle all the Trainer's final teams, I fought Battle Girl Cyndy. And I realized something - Hitmonchan looks super weird in 3D. It almost looks like a person, but it's anatomically impossible, and its "skin" looks all weird and rubbery. It's right in the uncanny valley...

I just spent a grand total of six hours soft-resetting a Bold Latias from the Eon Ticket, and just finally got a good one (30/7-9/31/31/31/31). There is no way I am doing any more SRing for one extra HP point at level 100.

Honestly, this was probably the least pleasant thing ever. There were plenty of Latias (Latii? Latiases? idfk) I caught that probably had competitive IVs judging by a cursory glance, and yet I still had to toss them because they were the wrong nature. I had some nice checks to speed it up, though; first one, I'd look at how much damage Sceptile's False Swipe did and judged to see if Latias had even a chance to be the right nature. I also gave my Sleep inducer, Camerupt, enough EVs to bring its Speed stat to 79, since Bold Latias with a Speed IV of 31 at level 30 will have a Speed stat of 80; thus, if Camerupt went first, there was no way the Speed IV would be 31, so I knew to reset and not waste my time.

You were half-right, the Lati@s you get pre-ending has 100% effectiveness from Synchronize. Makes the process really easy (I am proof of that, with a big blue piece of evidence).

On another note, despite it having the most hilarious music track this side of Ace Attorney 5...#TrickHouseRage

And it worked on Mystery Gifts that aren't locked into a specific nature. (I'm still SR'ing Diancie on X...)

And to answer noobcubed's question, not really. It's a pain in the butt. But while they're not the most ideal of their kind out there, I'm proud to have a competitively competent Latios and Rayquaza, and I know I'll be proud to say I've gotten good legendary Pokemon that are available to me. So I do it anyway.

Just wondering, since most of the post relate to it... does anyone here actually enjoy endlessly soft-resetting legendaries?
I don't, which is why I don't like to use legendaries in-game (Showdown is the place for me!), though I am trying to soft reset the Diancie I have in X so it can be an awesome Mega Diancie.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
You were half-right, the Lati@s you get pre-ending has 100% effectiveness from Synchronize. Makes the process really easy (I am proof of that, with a big blue piece of evidence).

On another note, despite it having the most hilarious music track this side of Ace Attorney 5...#TrickHouseRage
I kinda got Omega Ruby, though, and kinda wanted to SR for Latias, so...

That, and I wasn't really interested in interrupting the story to soft reset.

Though I did not expect to get Latios after just five gym badges... Or to be handed it like free candy

Well, I guess it's time to beat the Elite Four again so I can soft reset for Deoxys (intended to be Deoxys-A.) And I don't even have to give any damns about bulk because Deoxys-A doesn't have any! And I thought Zoroark was frail

Yes. It's fun! Pokemon is actually the perfect game for me because it has stuff you can do to get absorbed into it and be entertained (battling, mostly, of course), and also stuff that are easy mindless tasks like SRing and breeding that I can do while watching TV or studying, when I can't bear to have my hands empty (although just SRing without the TV is fun for me too). I just spent a few hours last night SRing for Kyogre and I thought the Primal cutscene would be really annoying but it's actually such a good cutscene I don't really mind. Better than the whole 'Give us your Diancie!' thing that I had to endure a while ago.

Clearly, I'm alone though ;_;

I just spent a few hours last night SRing for Kyogre and I thought the Primal cutscene would be really annoying but it's actually such a good cutscene I don't really mind. Better than the whole 'Give us your Diancie!' thing that I had to endure a while ago.
Agreed. With Kyogre, it is automatic and is epic instead of mundane. Also, it isn't people trying to hustle you into giving up your Diancie.
Though I do think you are a tad insane for enjoying SRing, but I enjoy getting my Pokémon from Level 1 to 100, so we are both insane.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Yes. It's fun! Pokemon is actually the perfect game for me because it has stuff you can do to get absorbed into it and be entertained (battling, mostly, of course), and also stuff that are easy mindless tasks like SRing and breeding that I can do while watching TV or studying, when I can't bear to have my hands empty (although just SRing without the TV is fun for me too). I just spent a few hours last night SRing for Kyogre and I thought the Primal cutscene would be really annoying but it's actually such a good cutscene I don't really mind. Better than the whole 'Give us your Diancie!' thing that I had to endure a while ago.

Clearly, I'm alone though ;_;
Agreed. With Kyogre, it is automatic and is epic instead of mundane. Also, it isn't people trying to hustle you into giving up your Diancie.
Though I do think you are a tad insane for enjoying SRing, but I enjoy getting my Pokémon from Level 1 to 100, so we are both insane.
I learned how to RNG abuse GBA Ruby/Sapphire with a live internal battery just because it's difficult to do on retail carts; pretty sure I'm the most insane one here. :p

But anyway, on topic. I battled the Maison boss for the basic singles line the other night; the frontier brain theme remix made it so much more satisfying smacking around her team with Mega Beedrill. My 20th century self is finally at peace being able to use Beedrill effectively in a serious battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)