The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I've been moving cross country this past week so I'm late to the whole party about Odell Beckham's catch but I want to establish that it is blatantly not the best catch in NFL history.

The best catch is Gisele Bundchen.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
PI by definition, db makes contact prior to turning. Pls read a rulebook, also quit seeing things in purple.

lol
It looked to me like the wideout made contact at around the same time, so it still looks like a bad call to me.

Also I'm not THAT biased, we gave away something like 15 penalties and I sadly agreed with pretty much every other call.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
It looked to me like the wideout made contact at around the same time, so it still looks like a bad call to me.

Also I'm not THAT biased, we gave away something like 15 penalties and I sadly agreed with pretty much every other call.
Reciever was making contact in ball competition, whereas the corner was not yet looking for the ball. Your argument is pointless and I shouldnt be explaining why, let all the high level refs explain it to you

Aaron Rodgers > Tom Brady

Olivia Munn > Gisele

Sry Tom

Stop embarrassing yourself. I already went over this. Rodgers is wasting away the coolest job in sports with an average at best partner. Tom Bradys' partner is a 10 in every single way possible. Hell, I can even say SHE settled for Brady. Makes more money, is more famous, and arguably better looking than him. Olivia Munn seems alright and all but Rodgers could do better.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Stop embarrassing yourself. I already went over this. Rodgers is wasting away the coolest job in sports with an average at best partner. Tom Bradys' partner is a 10 in every single way possible. Hell, I can even say SHE settled for Brady. Makes more money, is more famous, and arguably better looking than him. Olivia Munn seems alright and all but Rodgers could do better.
Aaron Rodgers is also average looking at best and Tom Brady is the kind of guy you'd cast as the QB in a Hollywood movie

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
TBH might as well just direct snap it to CJ0K every play if you're gonna throw the ball that little.

Aaron Rodgers is also average looking at best and Tom Brady is the kind of guy you'd cast as the QB in a Hollywood movie
I meant Rodgers > Brady from a Quarterbacking standpoint

Obv nobody touches Tom Brady in the looks department the man is basically a GQ model

And idk what you guys are Talking about Olivia Munn is much hotter than Gisele.

I thought this was the NFL talk thread, not the hot women talk thread. :[

Tomorrow two good offenses fixin to go at it (Cowboys and Bears). Both have shaky defenses, so this oughta be fun. I'm waiting to see Brandon Marshall get out of this funk he seems to be in right now. He hasn't looked great recently and this may be a good opportunity to get going.

Last edited:
How much worse can our season get? I'm morbidly curious to see what will happen to the Bears tomorrow.

Pick 3:

Forte doesn't have a 100 yard game
Defense gives up >30 points
Announcer says there's "too much talent to be wasting it"
Boos by halftime
Defensive injury
Cutler has a mediocre game
Cutler has a painful game
Cutler appears uninterested in the game by the fourth quarter
Marshall says team is "not functional"
Trestman blames none of the front office or coaching

How weird is it that I'm more excited to be a Lions fan than a Bears fan? Lol
Bears are garbage and have been since 2010. I never liked Cutler but I recently started defending him thanks to his decent numbers. Until I realized the dude has Matt Forte, a good ol, Martellus, and Marshall/Jeffery. That's easily the best group of offensive players in the league. Cutlers numbers are downright pathetic and they need to get rid of the bum after the season. Just release the guy and don't try to trade him. I hate the Bears but I hate seeing these players not put up the numbers more.

I also hate the hype around Romo this year. Like how he is supposedly playing better this year.. just because they're winning(this also goes for Suh I guess). Uh no. Romo has been playing like Romo since I can remember and the 2012 Romo is still the best Romo. Just because his team is playing better doesn't mean he is having a career year. He just isn't. In 2012 Romo was part of one of the worst teams in the league, who were legendarily inept. Almost every game they would give the opposing teams ridiculous leads thanks to even more ridiculous mistakes. Then it was all Romo, alone, against the entire league. Weekly he would create miracle drives to keep that crap team in the game. It was amazing television. Sure, half the time he failed. But considering his circumstances you can't ask for more. He'll never play better than that year yet nobody will acknowledge how good he was. As long as his team is winning completing a couple of third downs here and there will be looked at more favorably.

Last edited:
Bears are garbage and have been since 2010. I never liked Cutler but I recently started defending him thanks to his decent numbers. Until I realized the dude has Matt Forte, a good ol, Martellus, and Marshall/Jeffery. That's easily the best group of offensive players in the league. Cutlers numbers are downright pathetic and they need to get rid of the bum after the season. Just release the guy and don't try to trade him. I hate the Bears but I hate seeing these players not put up the numbers more.

I also hate the hype around Romo this year. Like how he is supposedly playing better this year.. just because they're winning(this also goes for Suh I guess). Uh no. Romo has been playing like Romo since I can remember and the 2012 Romo is still the best Romo. Just because his team is playing better doesn't mean he is having a career year. He just isn't. In 2012 Romo was part of one of the worst teams in the league, who were legendarily inept. Almost every game they would give the opposing teams ridiculous leads thanks to even more ridiculous mistakes. Then it was all Romo, alone, against the entire league. Weekly he would create miracle drives to keep that crap team in the game. It was amazing television. Sure, half the time he failed. But considering his circumstances you can't ask for more. He'll never play better than that year yet nobody will acknowledge how good he was. As long as his team is winning completing a couple of third downs here and there will be looked at more favorably.
The Bears were 7-3 at one point in 2011 and legit as fuck before Cutler got injured and we were left with the atrocity that is Caleb Hanie. We had potential, but were just destroyed by injury that year. In 2012 we also finished 10-6, which is in no way bad, yet our division was stacked and we missed the playoffs. So there is no fucking way we have been garbage since 2010. At best, you could say disappointing.

Also, releasing him would be stupid as hell even if you hate him; trade him to some desperate team and get something in return from that huge wasted extension instead.

I like how the redskins go for it on 4th an 11 from the rams 21, so the rams get a better chance of being able to brag about 2 straight shutouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)