Smogon Premier League VI - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
lol
if you guys don't think I'm SPL level.. During Summer sure as hell isn't. lol (just off of the top of my head like Ortheore or The_Joker is better)

(no trashing to During Summer he's a friend but there's a lot of players who signed up for this who I''d rather have RBYing)

Edit: Snippet of a conversation with marcoasd about RBY players compared to me
(18:21) Marcoasd: me,isa,allala,the joker, floppy, bomber
(18:21) Marcoasd: bekins maybe
(18:21) Marcoasd: ortheore maybe
(18:22) Marcoasd: hantsuki maybe
(18:22) Marcoasd: and then, with little effort
(18:22) Marcoasd: during summer is at your level more or less
I played both of you and I have to say During Summer is better. Not trying to decrease your credibility or something, it's just that I don't appreciate the fact that you're mentioning another player in a negative way just to improve your image. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're bad or anything around these lines, I'm just saying that you're not as experienced in RBY as he is (at least from what I've seen). I also don't take that log into account when he doesn't even mention Tiba and says "hantsuki maybe". Just my opinion though.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I played both of you and I have to say During Summer is better. Not trying to decrease your credibility or something, it's just that I don't appreciate the fact that you're mentioning another player in a negative way just to improve your image. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're bad or anything around these lines, I'm just saying that you're not as experienced in RBY as he is (at least from what I've seen).
fair play

I'm not trying to improve my image I'm just suprised at players better than myself aren't being bought when players much closer to my level are
I also don't take that log into account when he doesn't even mention Tiba and says "hantsuki maybe". Just my opinion though.
It's only a snippet, I mention Tiba, and I think he probably has hardly seen Hantsuki play

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
he didnt mention raish, lutra, golden gyarados, jorgen, etc etc

and that's just the ones playing RBY semiregularly on PO - the old school smogonites are still alive and kicking

with all of that said i think it's fair to say that managers are also considering social competence and team spirit when drafting. so for the sake of everyone involved, let's not dive deeper into this and take a moment of silence, and keep on watching the mockdrafts :>

!spl

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
he didnt mention raish, lutra, golden gyarados, jorgen, etc etc
I did take the post a bit out of context can we please not comment on who wasn't mentioned? It was just to compare me/during summer at a point of about 3 weeks ago from his perspective, and I added a small amount of context

can we stop talking about it now unless you have something to add about what is there, instead of what isn't?

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Piex, chill buddy, don't be mad about not being bought in a mock draft. They don't matter (except to prove how bad problems is at drafting). Present yourself the sort of person who a team would want to buy in the actual tour.

also red panda
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i acted like piex after mock drafts last year and i think it fucked my chances of being bought in the real draft #tbh

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I have been bought in 1 mock draft so far..

also pwn I refuse to believe anyone can act as badly as me >.>

I really like the red panda gifs
plz managers buy Nails if you buy me :)

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)