Hoopa-Unbound [Spoilers ITT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopa-Unbound

Hoopa-Unbound is an alternative form to Hoopa that was discovered through hacking. Here's how it looks^
Here's a shiny version:

Steps to obtaining:
  1. Get Hoopa via Power Saves in XY
  2. Transfer to ORAS
  3. Go to any PokéMart
  4. Go to the guy directly to the left as you step inside and speak to him
  5. He will give you an item called "Prison Bottle".
  6. Go to Key Items, click this, and click "use" then select Hoopa.
  7. Simple as that!
So, points of discussion:
  • How could Hoopa be obtained in-game? An island? Mystery gift?
  • Is there a backstory behind it?
  • Why the "Prison" bottle?
  • The man says "Hoopa stays unbound for just three days", so is the item a one-time use?

Hoopa almost certainly has something to do with the Legendaries turning up in Mirage Islands. I mean seriously, just look at this.

How can that not be related to Hoopa in any way?

My money's on Hoopa being encountered via old-school Birth Island/Navel Rock type event, where a new location is unlocked by attending which allows you to battle and catch Hoopa. They haven't done that since Victini, though, so maybe not. As for the Prison Bottle, I am intrigued by this. It makes me think of genies, which suits Hoopa's appearance pretty well. And I guess there's 3 days/3 wishes. As for whether it's one use, I highly doubt it. If it is, that'd be a dick move on GF's part. Maybe someone should check to see whether the bottle disappears after use? Considering it's a Key Item, it's unlikely, but that'd be the best way to tell.

I've tested the Prison Bottle myself. It is not a 1 time use item. I reckon the whole 3 day thing is possibly about it reverting to Confined Forme if it's stays in your party for that long. If it's deposited in your PC, it reverts too.

It can also use both Hyperspace Hole and Hyperspace Fury (must learn the former in Confined Forme first) and while Confined Forme can have Hyperspace Fury, it just fails, even in contests.

The discovery of Confined Forme, Unbound Forme, and the Prison Bottle raises some questions. Namely, why was Hoopa confined in the first place? How exactly does the Prison Bottle confine (or un-confine, as the matter may be) it? My theory is that Hoopa is very similar to Giratina: it was confined as a punishment for its violence in the past, just like Giratina was banished to the Distortion World. The Prison Bottle, much like the Griseous Orb, allows it to assume its true form.

Also, I'd be willing to bet money that the next movie will revolve around Hoopa.

The discovery of Confined Forme, Unbound Forme, and the Prison Bottle raises some questions. Namely, why was Hoopa confined in the first place? How exactly does the Prison Bottle confine (or un-confine, as the matter may be) it? My theory is that Hoopa is very similar to Giratina: it was confined as a punishment for its violence in the past, just like Giratina was banished to the Distortion World. The Prison Bottle, much like the Griseous Orb, allows it to assume its true form.

Also, I'd be willing to bet money that the next movie will revolve around Hoopa.
Of course it will; every movie either revolves around the next event legend in the dex or the next generation.

I don't think Hoopa itself is an evil pokemon, it feels like something humans wanted to control for power. We might just have another Darkrai in that sense.

He doesn't have to be evil itself, he can just be a trickster, he can grant you your wishes but there's always an ironic twist to it, like a monkey's paw kind of thing, and since it's magic is uncontrollable they just imprisoned him so he couldn't play tricks on humanity anymore. Although Hoopa being evil I wouldn't completely throw out of the window, I mean, it's unbound forme is Dark type for a reason, and tbh it would be refreshing to see a truly evil pokemon, it would at least be new territory in the movies. At the very least the type change could mean that in Confined forme it's just a prankster but when Unbound then it really shows it's dark side.

So I was reading the discussion while listening the Davy Jones' theme from POTC, and I immediately thought that this Prison Bottle could be holding a crucial part of Hoopa.
Maybe its better half of soul is held in the Prison Bottle, and that it being open means that Hoopa regains the rest of its soul that it had lost for so long that it becomes extremely malicious and vengeful.

All in all, Hoopa-UB is a seriously cool legendary.

I love how now everyone has adapted to how insane it looks Hoopa-U is getting some love. I think it's the best (conceptually) event legendary we've ever seen. I really don't want it to be evil though, I thought Hoopa-C was adorable until this.

Even if we could discuss powersaves I heard Dattel removed the code to obtain Hoopa & Volcanion.

One theory I have concerning the Prison Bottle is that Supa Doopa Hoopa is actually trapped inside it. It can use its portals to manifest itself outside of the bottle, but only to a certain degree, resulting in Hoopa-C. When the Prison Bottle is opened, it can physically exit the bottle (thus becoming unbound) and show its true form as Supa Doopa Hoopa.

That does seem to fit, especially considering Hoopa losing its ghost typing when it becomes unbound. For the three days bit, I think it's about as likely as only being able to use Jirachi for a week or any given thing in the pokedex.

Even if we could discuss powersaves I heard Dattel removed the code to obtain Hoopa & Volcanion.
There is one for ORAS itself now.

I used one of these for my story playthrough. One of the most fun mons I've used in a long time. Hyperspace fury is awesomely hilarious. I'm not really sure about sets though. He's got a nice varied movepool, but he does seem to be U-Turn bait.

That does seem to fit, especially considering Hoopa losing its ghost typing when it becomes unbound. For the three days bit, I think it's about as likely as only being able to use Jirachi for a week or any given thing in the pokedex.
I have one in game, and it does revert to confined forme after 3 days in your party/putting in a PC

Sounds like kind of a mediocre move for something that fails when anything not named Hoopa-U uses it. If it didnt have a drawback or was 110-120 power or something Id get it, but esp considering knock off is only slightly weaker, knocks off your foe's item, and doesn't lower any of your stats. Also, is it just me or should Hoopa-U have gotten Unburden?

Sounds like kind of a mediocre move for something that fails when anything not named Hoopa-U uses it. If it didnt have a drawback or was 110-120 power or something Id get it, but esp considering knock off is only slightly weaker, knocks off your foe's item, and doesn't lower any of your stats. Also, is it just me or should Hoopa-U have gotten Unburden?
It hits through Protect, so Hoopa/Supa Doopa Hoopa could be pretty good in Doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)