Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if I were to make an ru trick room team around mega abomasnow and reuniclus, what would be some good teammates for the two? I have very little experience in the tier and need all the help I can get
Bronzong is a great partner that has access to stealth rock and trick room. Cofagrigus is another good trick room setter. Exploud can use its low speed to act as nuke under trick room, same goes for escavalier.

I haven't used a bronzong in ages; what would be a good moveset and ev spread for it? and I completely forgot cofagrigus and exploud were ru

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if I were to make an ru trick room team around mega abomasnow and reuniclus, what would be some good teammates for the two? I have very little experience in the tier and need all the help I can get
It's also wise to use Druddigon or Rhyperior on Trick Room teams. Both are able to utilize Stealth Rock if you forego Bronzong and are able to hit much of the tier really hard with their STAB moves alone. Druddigon can even utilize Sucker Punch to revenge kill faster threats if Trick Room runs out before it finishes ravaging the opposing team.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If I want to use Tyrantrum and Mega Camerupt on the same team, what pokemon would be good teammates?
A Water-type such as Slowking or Clawitzer is probably a good place to start since they scare off the Ground-types the core doesn't like while tanking Water-type moves. Slowking can even take some weaker Fighting-type moves aimed at Tyrantrum. Spikes support from stuff like Qwilfish can amplify the difficulty opponents will have in switching into powerful Pokemon like Tyrantrum and Mega Camerupt. Finally, it would be wise to pack a Scarf user or general fast mon (Meloetta, Rotom-C, and Jolteon are solid options) to keep faster threats from overpowering the team / core.

I've been trying to get as much Mega Dog in as possible before its inevitable ban. What are some good teammates for it? I know Slowking, Druddigon, and Aromatisse are good partners for the most part. Hazard control seems like a smart thing and I think Hitmonlee is a good option. What do you guys think?

EonX

Battle Soul
I've been trying to get as much Mega Dog in as possible before its inevitable ban. What are some good teammates for it? I know Slowking, Druddigon, and Aromatisse are good partners for the most part. Hazard control seems like a smart thing and I think Hitmonlee is a good option. What do you guys think?
I personally use it on HO since it's a really easy switch into Delphox, something that HO teams can struggle to switch into. If you're going for the bulkier team approach, then I'd recommend using Gligar or Golbat for Defog as Hitmonlee doesn't exactly fare amazingly in the current meta. (Gligar especially still does)

Pelipper is a surprisingly good Defog user, and can switch in on Water and Ground attacks. Its slow U-Turn also lets you switch into Houndoom without fear.

What's the best EV spread to run on Gligar? Should I run full physical defense, or a mix of physical and special? I'm mainly a UU player but this meta seems fun so I want to get into it.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
What's the best EV spread to run on Gligar? Should I run full physical defense, or a mix of physical and special? I'm mainly a UU player but this meta seems fun so I wan't to get into it.
In UU, mixed defensive is better. Here in RU, go with 248 / 252 / 8 impish for maximum bulk.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is the council going to have a new quick ban test? Like with Mega Doom and Mega Lopunny?

Hi! I've been having trouble dealing with mega lopunny. What are some good counters/checks? I can attach my team if that helps to see if there's something in particular I can fix up, but also just generally what pokemon work?
Thank you :)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Hi! I've been having trouble dealing with mega lopunny. What are some good counters/checks? I can attach my team if that helps to see if there's something in particular I can fix up, but also just generally what pokemon work?
If it is not running Ice Punch, than Gligar is a great switch in. Weezing and Amoonguss are also good answers but lose to sub baton pass sets. Fletchinder can revenge kill with priority acrobatics, same goes for gurdurr and hitmonlee. Scarf moltres can outspeed and KO with Hurricane.

If it is not running Ice Punch, than Gligar is a great switch in. Weezing and Amoonguss are also good answers but lose to sub baton pass sets. Fletchinder can revenge kill with priority acrobatics, same goes for gurdurr and hitmonlee. Scarf moltres can outspeed and KO with Hurricane.
Thank you! I've been trying to use hitmonlee with mach punch to get the revenge kill. I'll try out your other suggestions.
Thank you!

EonX

Battle Soul
Some other responses to Mega Lopunny: Cresselia fares pretty well against Lopunny thanks to Moonlight, high Defense, and a Fighting resistance. Choice Scarf Meloetta can outspeed and easily revenge kill with Psychic. Mega Sceptile needs to be Mega Evolved before-hand, but it can revenge kill Lopunny with Focus Blast or Leaf Storm (Leaf Storm does 87.8% minimum, so it'll need slight prior damage to ensure the KO with that. A layer of Spikes works like a charm) as long as it has Mega Evolved prior to going for the revenge kill on Mega Lopunny.

Is Regular Houndoom better mixed (With Sucker Punch or something) or is full special viable? I'm considering using one on a team I am making.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is Regular Houndoom better mixed (With Sucker Punch or something) or is full special viable? I'm considering using one on a team I am making.
Houndoom's best set is Nasty Plot/Fire Blast/Dark Pulse with a filler 4th move and Life Orb. The good thing about Houndoom is that it oly needs Nasty Plot and its 2 STABs so the 4th move is completely optional. You could use HP Grass to bypass Rhyperior and Gastrodon more easily, Destiny Bond to lure stuff (think of d.bond sharpedo) and take them out for another mon to sweep, Sucker Punch to prevent weakened Pokemon from revenge killing it, or Flame Charge to get a +1 speed boost.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
What are some good teammates for CB Tyrantrum? I'm interested in building a team around it now that it has access to Outrage, which greatly increased its viability. I was thinking something along the lines of SD Drapion / Doublade / Abomasnow that appreciate Tyrauntrum wallbreaking, but I'm not too sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)