Resource LC Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fletchling I think could drop but I believe Chinchou is better than A+ mons and deserves a place in S-. Queenlucy in her post says precisely why it deserves S rank
However, things are hard pressed to switch into Chinchou because of the two most annoying moves ever: volt switch and scald. For this reason, it is a really good pivot.
Chinchou is not a wall that cannot do its job. It is a pivot, and the second best one in the meta game. As to the "it can't switch into most of S and A+ ," mienfoo cannot switch into most of the meta either, but that certainly doesn't hamper it's viability.

I made an account entirely because I wanted to contribute to this.

Just to contribute to existing conversation, Fletchling strongly deserves to be in S rank. No other pokemon in A rank has the kind of sweeping role that Fletchling has. Fragile it is yes. It gets hurt horribly by Stealth Rock, and some electric type pokemon it finds a rather hard time of getting over, but it does make up for its problems. If you play Fletchling at the right time, and you know your opponent will switch, you can easily take the time to use Sword's Dance and from that point your opponent better hope to god they have a massive physical wall. Personally, I end up using Protect instead of a standard U-Turn and at that point it avoids all efforts your opponent makes of killing it via Fake Out. It has its weaknesses, but then again so does every other S rank. No other sweeper in A rank even comes close to what a good Fletchling can do.

On the topic of S ranks, I'd also like to nominate that Pawniard be moved from S -> A+. The more I get into higher, more competitive LC, the more I realize that Pawniard has counters all around to it. Every team carries a fighting type pokemon, and if its Sucker Punch won't have an effect on the opponents pokemon its pretty much forced to switch. I almost feel like I see more Pawniard on lower ladder teams than I do on higher ladder. Idk if this nomination in specific has been covered/closed recently, but just my thoughts.

Also, contributing to more ongoing discussions as I see in the OP, I feel Onix doesn't deserve to be B+. It's SO easy to face an Onix, use Fake Out, then go in for a much stronger move that will kill it before Berry Juice activates. If it switches in on entry hazard, it merely becomes a sitting duck. All its good for is tossing rocks out imo, and at that it doesn't do it near effectively as others who have more bulk like Drilbur and Ferroseed.

Just my thoughts.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the topic of S ranks, I'd also like to nominate that Pawniard be moved from S -> A+. The more I get into higher, more competitive LC, the more I realize that Pawniard has counters all around to it. Every team carries a fighting type pokemon, and if its Sucker Punch won't have an effect on the opponents pokemon its pretty much forced to switch. I almost feel like I see more Pawniard on lower ladder teams than I do on higher ladder. Idk if this nomination in specific has been covered/closed recently, but just my thoughts.
Pawniard has counters? Sorry, but so does every S-ranked Pokemon. Not once did you mention Pawniard's positive traits, of which it has bucketloads. It has the strongest Knock Off in the metagame which punishes any and all switch ins, even the Fighting-type Pokemon that counter it. You're correct in saying Fighting-types counter Pawniard, but they have to lose their Eviolite in order to do so.

Pawniard is an S-rank Pokemon because it is surprisingly versatile, it can run Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Brick Break, Psycho Cut, Pursuit, and Swords Dance as it's fourth move with almost no impact to its viability. Pawniard also gets a free boost from Sticky Webs and can keep a team's hazards up just by being there, if you mispredict, Pawniard will be at +2 and from there can annihilate a team. Also, Pawniard may have a bad weakness, but it's blessed with two immunities and a bunch of resistances.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ust to contribute to existing conversation, Fletchling strongly deserves to be in S rank. No other pokemon in A rank has the kind of sweeping role that Fletchling has. Fragile it is yes. It gets hurt horribly by Stealth Rock, and some electric type pokemon it finds a rather hard time of getting over, but it does make up for its problems. If you play Fletchling at the right time, and you know your opponent will switch, you can easily take the time to use Sword's Dance and from that point your opponent better hope to god they have a massive physical wall. Personally, I end up using Protect instead of a standard U-Turn and at that point it avoids all efforts your opponent makes of killing it via Fake Out. It has its weaknesses, but then again so does every other S rank. No other sweeper in A rank even comes close to what a good Fletchling can do.
You just described Timburr, you know? Remove checks and counters (in this case Fairy-types), get a free turn, and sweep easily describes Timburr's role to a T, and it does it much better than Fletchling because it can actually take a hit and doesn't need to OHKO everything on the opponent's team or risk dying. Fletchling is not in S because its a god-like sweeper, it's in there because it was a fantastic revenge killer that could sweep decently. Notice I say "was", because now that every team has 2 or more checks for Fletchling on it, Fletchling has a much harder time sweeping teams like it used to.

As Hawkstar said, every S-rank mon has it's checks and counters, and even though Pawn is 4x weak to fighting, a knock off to kill its eviolite, or flame orb, without it having to fear because its on the switch, plus, pawn can always switch out, unless its a 1v1, in which it can easily hold its own.

Just to contribute to existing conversation, Fletchling strongly deserves to be in S rank. No other pokemon in A rank has the kind of sweeping role that Fletchling has. Fragile it is yes. It gets hurt horribly by Stealth Rock, and some electric type pokemon it finds a rather hard time of getting over, but it does make up for its problems. If you play Fletchling at the right time, and you know your opponent will switch, you can easily take the time to use Sword's Dance and from that point your opponent better hope to god they have a massive physical wall. Personally, I end up using Protect instead of a standard U-Turn and at that point it avoids all efforts your opponent makes of killing it via Fake Out. It has its weaknesses, but then again so does every other S rank. No other sweeper in A rank even comes close to what a good Fletchling can do.

Also, contributing to more ongoing discussions as I see in the OP, I feel Onix doesn't deserve to be B+. It's SO easy to face an Onix, use Fake Out, then go in for a much stronger move that will kill it before Berry Juice activates. If it switches in on entry hazard, it merely becomes a sitting duck. All its good for is tossing rocks out imo, and at that it doesn't do it near effectively as others who have more bulk like Drilbur and Ferroseed.

Just my thoughts.
Onix isn't as easy to face as you say it is. Onix has amazing physical bulk(more bulky than Drilbur even if it has an Eviolite) and has a lot of potential. When you're referring to Fake Out and then proceeding to KO after it, this will almost never happen due to Onix's amazing physical bulk and most Fake Out users being Normal-Types. If you're talking about Mienfoo using Fake Out, then that's not really valid since Fake Out is rare and really just a wasted slot on it making Mienfoo most times lose offensive mometum. A much more efficient Mienfoo set is just Fighting STAB / Knock Off / U-Turn / Acrobatics, Stone Edge, or Taunt. Anyway, Onix can perform a lot like what would you do with Ferroseed and Drilbur. Onix has dual stabs in Ground and Rock, giving it EdgeQuake STAB and coverage. You have access to Taunt unlike Drilbur, Ferroseed, and Dwebble to shut down hazard setters and not be set-up bait. This is ideal because Drilbur has to waste a turn going for a Rapid Spin and Ferroseed at most times can't rebound from your opponent setting up on it. Unlike most hazard setters, Onix also can be a solid counter to Fletchling if your team is weak to it. Onix isn't a sitting duck after it sets up rocks because it can still be a threat with Rock Blast being extremely good because of LC rolls and STAB Earthquake will do decent damage with its ok attack stat. It definitely is suitable in B+ rank.

Last edited:

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Fletchling I think could drop but I believe Chinchou is better than A+ mons and deserves a place in S-. Queenlucy in her post says precisely why it deserves S rank

Chinchou is not a wall that cannot do its job. It is a pivot, and the second best one in the meta game. As to the "it can't switch into most of S and A+ ," mienfoo cannot switch into most of the meta either, but that certainly doesn't hamper it's viability.
Nothing wants to switch into Cranidos. #cranidos4S-rank

And what? Mienfoo can easily switch into most of the meta. Bulk + recovery from regen and drain punch allows it to switch in to lots of shit and stay healthy throughout the game.

To add on to what Eren said, Standard bulkfoo can't KO Onix with Fake Out+Drain Punch. Edgequake coverage is also almost completely unresisted in LC (Bronzor isn't viable lol), which is great considering how powerful Onix's STAB moves are. And no one's even mentioned its great Speed tier. Befinitely a B+ mon.

Fletchling is not in S because its a god-like sweeper, it's in there because it was a fantastic revenge killer that could sweep decently. Notice I say "was", because now that every team has 2 or more checks for Fletchling on it, Fletchling has a much harder time sweeping teams like it used to.
The fact that teams have multiple checks doesn't necessarily mean a mon isn't viable. Fletchling's amazing at taking advantage of how frightening it is to generate momentum. Plus, it fulfills many roles to an extent that no other Pokemon in A or S rank can do. Three isn't one sole reason why Fletch is S.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The fact that teams have multiple checks doesn't necessarily mean a mon isn't viable. Fletchling's amazing at taking advantage of how frightening it is to generate momentum. Plus, it fulfills many roles to an extent that no other Pokemon in A or S rank can do. Three isn't one sole reason why Fletch is S.
I never said Fletchling isn't viable, I'm saying it's less viable because everyone is so prepared for it. It's the same thing that happened to gen 5 Scraggy; everyone thought it was the most threatening Pokemon in the tier, IIRC even warranting a suspect like Fletchling did. However, people began to run defensive Mienfoo and Timburr, among other things, to check Scraggy, and it eventually became a much lesser threat. The same exact thing is happening to Fletchling now: It started crushing the meta, people began adapting, Archen and friends rose in usage, and now Fletchling is now losing power.

Also, what roles can Fletchling fill outside of revenge killer/sweeper? It's certainly not a tank, has no hazard control, a lack of support moves outside of the terrible Tailwind, and has a relatively shallow offensive movepool consisting of STABs, Overheat, Steel Wing, U-turn, and gimmicky Natural Gift nonsense. Gaining momentum through forcing out Fighting-types and stuff at 25% HP is all well and good, but that's not why it was S at all. It was put into S because it did one role exceedingly well: revenge killer/sweeper. Now that checks to it have gotten much more popular to stop that one role it can play, Fletchling's viability is hurt. It's still good enough to be A+, but it's not the S rank threat it was before.

Lategame cleaning, posing as a win condition, revenge killing, and grabbing momentum on switches from weak mons (there's a lot more than fighting types that are afraid of Fletch), are the things Fletch does extraordinarily well. It's got a spammable 110 STAB priority move with good coverage that can be used for so many purposes, and it's only made better when its other moves work oh so well together. Ponyta, Tirtouga, hell even Timburr don't see nearly as much usage or have that same flexibility.

Even if it's prepared for, it doesn't hurt its viability. One of Pawniard's biggest checks is seeing absurd usage, yet we consider it S rank still. Those checks aren't stopping either Pokemon from doing its job (or impacting usage), so it's a rather trivial argument.

I concur with what Tahu said about Onix for B+ as, Fast Taunt + Stealth Rocks + Unresisted Stab Combo + Fletchling Check = real good. Now on to S - Rank Mons. Pawniard has way to much offensive pressure and resisted Knock Off + Sucker Punch gets a KO on a lot of things as, a lot of things are Item relent. Fletchling I am kinda on the fence because A+ looks nice but S is where I think it should stay as, every team running a check for it but every team that has Fletchling runs a check/counter to that check, also Fletchling's last move slot is entirely up to you to decide between Roost/HP Fight/HP Grass/Overheat and they all change the checks and counters. Chinchou is easily the weakest S Rank being the second best pivot in the game but can't switch into much and can be trapped by Diglett and revenge killed. Chou also is one of the main 'mons on Voltturn teams and they are the most viable strategy in this metagame. That was most likely the only reason Chou was even recommended for S rank. Mienfoo is just Godtier anyone who thinks Mienfoo should go drop, I'm afraid to tell you this but you may or may not be drunk.

Celestavian

Smooth
Lategame cleaning, posing as a win condition, revenge killing, and grabbing momentum on switches from weak mons (there's a lot more than fighting types that are afraid of Fletch), are the things Fletch does extraordinarily well. It's got a spammable 110 STAB priority move with good coverage that can be used for so many purposes, and it's only made better when its other moves work oh so well together. Ponyta, Tirtouga, hell even Timburr don't see nearly as much usage or have that same flexibility.

Even if it's prepared for, it doesn't hurt its viability. One of Pawniard's biggest checks is seeing absurd usage, yet we consider it S rank still. Those checks aren't stopping either Pokemon from doing its job (or impacting usage), so it's a rather trivial argument.
Yeah, it does those things well, but those are all the same role, or if you really don't think so, then those are still checked by the same things. How is that flexible, when all its "roles" are so closely intertwined? You know exactly what Fletchling is going to do when you see it: Spam Acrobatics, U-turn on a predicted switch, and maybe have a coverage move. Ponyta and Tirtouga are more flexible than it because they at least have two different sets. Ponyta can be either physical or running a SunnyBeam set, while Tirtouga can be a Shell Smash sweeper or an Eviolite tank that can set rocks up. That's what real separate roles look like, by the way. The two sets of each of these Pokemon have different goals, different moves, and most importantly, different checks. Chinchou's a great switch into physical Ponyta, for example, but gets wrecked by the SunnyBeam set. As for Tirtouga, Fighting-types make a great check to the SS set by using Knock Off + Fighting move to KO it, but the bulky set has Solid Rock and 30 Defense with Eviolite to make even Timburr's Drain Punch into a 3HKO, from there allowing Tirt to set up rocks or fish for a Scald burn. Fletchling does not have real flexibility; it does the same thing with every set it can run, it's goal is the same every time, and it's more or less checked by the same group of Pokemon with every set. To sum it up, the difference between something like Tirtouga's sweeper and tank roles are using Shell Smash and its STABs to sweep, and setting up Stealth Rock and taking hits easily; the difference between Fletchling's revenge killer and sweeper "roles" is using Acrobatics either early-game or late-game. Quite the difference if you ask me.

As for the Pawniard comparison, notice that none of its checks are switch-ins, besides Trubbish, and maybe defensive Mienfoo. Switching into Pawniard is almost impossible without taking lots of damage, and for every non-Sticky Hold switch-in, it means taking 50% more damage from Pawniard's team for the rest of the game. Pawniard is on an entirely different level than Fletchling (oh, and Pawniard has real flexibility, too!), so I don't believe that the comparison is valid.

Yeah, it does those things well, but those are all the same role, or if you really don't think so, then those are still checked by the same things. How is that flexible, when all its "roles" are so closely intertwined? You know exactly what Fletchling is going to do when you see it: Spam Acrobatics, U-turn on a predicted switch, and maybe have a coverage move. Ponyta and Tirtouga are more flexible than it because they at least have two different sets. Ponyta can be either physical or running a SunnyBeam set, while Tirtouga can be a Shell Smash sweeper or an Eviolite tank that can set rocks up. That's what real separate roles look like, by the way. The two sets of each of these Pokemon have different goals, different moves, and most importantly, different checks. Chinchou's a great switch into physical Ponyta, for example, but gets wrecked by the SunnyBeam set. As for Tirtouga, Fighting-types make a great check to the SS set by using Knock Off + Fighting move to KO it, but the bulky set has Solid Rock and 30 Defense with Eviolite to make even Timburr's Drain Punch into a 3HKO, from there allowing Tirt to set up rocks or fish for a Scald burn. Fletchling does not have real flexibility; it does the same thing with every set it can run, it's goal is the same every time, and it's more or less checked by the same group of Pokemon with every set. To sum it up, the difference between something like Tirtouga's sweeper and tank roles are using Shell Smash and its STABs to sweep, and setting up Stealth Rock and taking hits easily; the difference between Fletchling's revenge killer and sweeper "roles" is using Acrobatics either early-game or late-game. Quite the difference if you ask me.

As for the Pawniard comparison, notice that none of its checks are switch-ins, besides Trubbish, and maybe defensive Mienfoo. Switching into Pawniard is almost impossible without taking lots of damage, and for every non-Sticky Hold switch-in, it means taking 50% more damage from Pawniard's team for the rest of the game. Pawniard is on an entirely different level than Fletchling (oh, and Pawniard has real flexibility, too!), so I don't believe that the comparison is valid.
Timburr and Pancham don't count? Croagunk not a thing anymore? i mean, if we're going to be unnecessarily condescending, I might as well point out that you've done a great job neglecting to mention prominent A- rank threats. At least it's not like you're still ignoring that Pawn's checked by the most common set of a mon seeing 50% usage. "Being on another level" isn't a valid argument to make when we're talking about two different things.

I dunno whether you're intentionally misrepresenting what i meant as flexibility or not, but I guess I ought to explain it. I'm talking about the roles that one set can fulfill, not alternative sets that are typically restrained to one or two roles.

Celestavian

Smooth
I understood that you meant that Fletchling's one set has a few different roles to fulfill, what I meant is that I believe they are too similar to really be call "roles". For example, "Lategame cleaning" and "Win condition" are literally the same thing with two different names. "Revenge killing" and "Momentum grabber" aren't as similar, but considering the fact that any revenge killer at all, from Abra to Pursuit users to Scarf Mienfoo, gain momentum inherently by forcing the opponent to either switch or die, I really don't think they are all that different. Even though I do consider revenge killing and sweeping to be separate roles, Fletchling isn't running anything different between those roles, making both of its roles susceptible to the same checks. Defensive Archen being alive is going to stop Fletchling both from revenge killing and sweeping. Now consider the examples I brought up form your post with Ponyta and Tirtouga, where they have multiple, entirely separate niches with different counters. That's what I believe real flexibility is.

As for Tirtouga, Fighting-types make a great check to the SS set by using Knock Off + Fighting move to KO it, but the bulky set has Solid Rock and 30 Defense with Eviolite to make even Timburr's Drain Punch into a 3HKO, from there allowing Tirt to set up rocks or fish for a Scald burn
This Tirtouga is strong vs Chinchou too.

152 SpA Chinchou Thunderbolt vs. 92 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Tirtouga Earthquake vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Chinchou: 16-20 (64 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This Tirtouga is strong vs Chinchou too.

152 SpA Chinchou Thunderbolt vs. 92 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Tirtouga Earthquake vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Chinchou: 16-20 (64 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If Chinchou outspeeds, then as always, it will switch out into a pokemon that can or is immune to an eq. Like Timburr, which has a somewhat large chance to beat it
0 Atk Tirtouga Earthquake vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Timburr: 5-7 (20 - 28%) -- 18.9% chance to 4HKO
196 Atk Timburr Drain Punch vs. 92 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 9-10 (39.1 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
196 Atk Timburr Mach Punch vs. 92 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 4-6 (17.3 - 26%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
Edit: Plus Pancham might be a threat, plus Timburr gets knock off, the most overused move in LC.

I'm gonna agree with Hawkstar. Fletchling has one set it runs, and when it does, it uses Acrobatics kill something or U-turns out. It can run Overheat or Hidden Power Ground/Grass, sure, but Overheat only helps with Magnemite and Pawniard, and Hidden Power only helps (not necessarily defeats) with Chinchou, Onix, Ponyta, Tirtouga, Omanyte, and Magnemite, depending on your choice. If you ran both for some reason, that still leaves out Archen, Porygon, Spritzee, Vullaby, Hippopotas, etc. Also notice how 4 out of those 5 are most commonly found on balance/stall. That makes Fletchling matchup-reliant, where it's difficult to pull its own weight against bulkier teams. It still puts in work against offense, but with just two checks to Fletchling on offense, getting a sweep becomes difficult, because it is so hard for Fltechling to deal with its own checks.

That's not even taking into account its poor bulk and SR weakness, which makes it difficult for Fletchling to see its checks/counters removed and pull off a sweep. This usually mitigates it to a revenge killing role, which it does very well, but it's low attack limits its potential. Overall, Fletchling has some very strong points, but it's poor bulk and insufficient coverage hold it back, so it should be brought back down to A+.

=> B+

I think Trubbish is definitely on par with most of the B+ mons. The ability to switch into most fighting types and absorb any Knock Off without fear is nice, and access to Recycle + Drain Punch makes it something that isn't going down easy.

Here are some Knock Off users hit's against it.

236 Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 116 HP / 100 Def Trubbish: 13-16 (56.5 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Berry Juice pops, OHKO is guaranteed with D-Punch after SR)
236+ Atk Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 116 HP / 100 Def Trubbish: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO (2HKO'd back by Gunk Shot)
196 Atk Aipom Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 116 HP / 100 Def Trubbish: 8-10 (34.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
196 Atk Timburr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 116 HP / 100 Def Trubbish: 9-11 (39.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
232 Atk Pancham Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 116 HP / 100 Def Trubbish: 9-11 (39.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The Mienfoo one may not seem very impressive, but even with an Adamant nature without LO, Mienfoo, one of the premier fighting type Knock Off users in the tier is beaten. Trubbish can cripple and wear all of these down with Gunk Shot and Drain Punch.

Trubbish is also one of few viable Toxic Spikes users. These can be invaluable to wearing down walls or simply disallowing what should be counters to switch in.

Not that it doesn't have flaws of course. Abra, an amazing Pokémon immune to Toxic and Hazards can simply force it out, so it requires something to beat it. But Pawniard fits that role perfectly and is exceptionally viable on it's own, among other bulkier options such as Vullaby. But with proper team support it's exceptional.

Trubbish is forced out by too many things to really do its job very well and loses momentum for offensive teams making it only really useful for stall/semi stall. It doesn't eat up knock offs from too many things. I believe it actually loses to bu timburr and mienfoo just u-turns out. Ferroseed is also generally better on stall. If anything, In my opinion, Trubbish should move down.

I would like to rearrange B a bit, as I believe some mons are ranked too high and some to low.
Bellsprout B+ ---> B
I've already stated the reasons that this should happen, and nobody has really disagreed so...
Hippopotas -------> B+
A really great defensive pokemon, excellent for both stall and sand offense.
Larvesta --> B+
Many people will probably disagree with this but I think all of larvestas positives outweigh its sr weakness enough to warrant B+. It's ability to pivot and spread status are amazing and incredibly useful.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I agree with moving Larvesta up, it hits a fierce 19 Attack which makes its Flare Blitz totally sting. It has access to the strongest U-turn in the metagame which can create momentum as well as doing some very decent damage. Its defensive typing, although weak to Rock- and Flying-type moves, resists Grass-, Steel-, Fairy-, and Fighting-type attacks, which arguably makes it one of the best switch ins to them in the tier. It requires some hazard removal support, but most hazard removers are actually very good teammates for Larvesta, and even if the hazards can't be removed, Larvesta has reliable recovery anyway in addition to being very bulky with Eviolite.

Larvesta has Speed problems, but it can overcome these with a Choice Scarf which allows it to also run Zen Headbutt and Wild Charge, albeit at the cost of recovery, meaning it is more susceptible to Stealth Rock, however, forcing switches so easily and picking up easy momentum is worth the weakness it gains.

I say move it to B+, it's practically a staple on VoltTurn, one of the best archetypes in the tier, and it has recovery to overcome its Stealth Rock weakness as well as requiring only a small amount of team support to remove them anyway.

EDIT: Also, a moth kept flying at my face and bouncing off it when I was trying to get some sleep on Friday night, and it left some dust in my mouth which was pretty terrifying, which is exactly what it's like to face Larvesta.

Last edited:
I agree with Larvesta moving up to B+. It's only real downsides are a weakness to SR and potential of being RKed by Fletch (although Fletch might get burned in the process), and in exchange it has recovery, Flame Body, U-turn, a Flare Blitz that stings, and the ability to handle Pawn and Fighting types really well and force out grass types. I don't think it should be much higher than that though, because Ponyta is a thing. Hippo I haven't used much, but I don't see much of a problem with it.

Bellsprout should stay in B+ though. It is kinda deadweight if Vulpix dies, but it's an absolute monster under the sun. Bellsprout requires Vulpix, a Fletch check or two, and maybe a pivot. Zigzagoon is also in B+ and needs memento support, pursuit trappers, Knock Off support, and ways to handle anything left that resists Espeed, and can't sweep very effective otherwise. Bellsprout being in B+ is just fine.

zig appreciates those things a lot, but it does not absolutely need them. Bellsprout NEEDS sun or it is useless. Bellsprout is a monster in the sun, but it does have drawbacks that hold it back from B+
- revenged by fletchling
- useless outside of sun
- has 8 turns to get in and do what it does, which is harder than it sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)