XY OU Crew Tournament – Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
XY OU Crew Tournament

Approved by Mr. Yap.

Crew battles are an idea that originated in competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee. Players would be divided into crews, which consisted of a set amount of people. In Melee, the first two players would duke it out until one was left standing. The winner would then play the next player, though he would only have the stocks remaining from the first match available. This would continue until all the players in one crew were eliminated.

Essentially, crews will consist of three players. Player 1 will face the opposing player 1; whoever wins will have the remaining Pokemon fully healed for the next battle. Theoretically, a single player could defeat an entire opposing crew. For example:

Team LoLsquad
1. Eo Ut Mortus / 2. Rewer / 3. dice

vs.

Team 9.9
1. Funkasaurus / 2. Jirachee / 3. Nachos

Team LoLsquad consists of Eo Ut Mortus, Rewer, and dice, who are playing Team 9.9, consisting of Funkasaurus, Jirachee, and Nachos.
  • Eo Ut Mortus beats Funkasaurus 1-0, with a Charmander left, so he can only use that Charmander vs. the next 9.9 player, Jirachee.
  • Jirachee 6-0es Eo Ut Mortus. He can use his full team against LoLsquad's next player, Rewer.
  • Rewer 5-0es Jirachee. He can only use those five Pokemon vs. his next opponent, Nachos.
  • Rewer 1-0es Nachos. Team 9.9 has no players remaining.
  • dice remains a bum.
1. Eo Ut Mortus / 2. Rewer / 3. dice

vs.

1. Funkasaurus / 2. Jirachee / 3. Nachos

Team LoLsquad wins.

---

Teams (Players):

- There will be 16/32/etc. teams, all of which will consist of three members. These teams will be pitted against each other in a single elimination bracket.

- Teams are allowed one substitute throughout the tournament.

- The first person listed on each team will be the first person to play for that team. The player who plays first in a round will be changeable before a round starts, but not once the round starts without the explicit approval of the opponent's team.

- The player who plays next after his/her first teammate loses will be, by default, the next person listed in the team's lineup - the second player. The second player can be changed anytime during the round - just PM me -, but if a team takes its time doing this, it will be penalized for activity.

Teams (Pokemon):

- The person who wins a match must in the next match use whatever Pokemon he had remaining at the end of the match, no more, no fewer. So basically, the winner uses the same team without any of the fainted Pokemon.

- HP/PP do not carry over for non-fainted Pokemon. All non-fainted Pokemon are restored to full health.

- Players may not switch EVs/natures/IVs/anything between matches in a round.

- Players are free to alter their teams between rounds, but not during rounds.

Battling Rules:

- No Ubers
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Freeze Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Species Clause
- Timed Battle
- Self-KO Clause (only in the last battle of a match-up)

- Ties: If a battle ends in a tie, both players are considered eliminated, and both teams must send in new players.

- If no players remain on either team, Self-KO Clause will act as a tiebreaker.

---

Deadlines:

I will be strict while enforcing deadlines. Every player will have 5 days to battle. That means that player 1 must face the opposing player 1 during the first 5 days, and both player 2s should have played by 10 days in, and the round should be over within 15 days. Obviously the matches can get more complicated, so I will look at each matchup on a case-by-case basis, but please try to finish your matches in time. We do not want to drag out this tournament longer than necessary.

---

Round 3:

Team Brazilian Cancer (dEnIsSsS, Destiny Device, MarceloDK) vs Team The German Randoms (Quaggster, Alloy, Aurious)
Team The Hello Nellos (Reverb, Mix, Trickzio) vs Team rob.'s explosive bird(s) (Trinitrotoluene, Rob., The Bravest Bird)
Team Violet Storm (Googly, Erick17, johnnyk121) vs Team Two and a half men (xray, bluri, cosine180)
Team Man City Mawiles (Jirachee, Valentine, FLCL) vs Team Mega Ebola (IAmGingy, The DragonKnight, Tesung)
Team A Ballin Crew (TewMew, toshimelonhead, Knight of Cydonia) vs Team :betonniere: (Sunny., SparksBlade, NotAGymLdr)
Team NAMEPLS7 (Lasagne, pokebasket, Lord Ninjax) vs Team U Got JaaJ'd (Pyrogon, W2S, ⚡THUNDER482⚡)

dEnIsSsS vs Quaggster | dEnIsSsS vs Alloy
Reverb vs Trinitrotoluene | Mix vs Trinitrotoluene
Googly vs xray
Jirachee vs IAmGingy
TewMew vs Sunny. | TewMew vs SparksBlade | TewMew vs NotAGymLdr
Lasagne vs Pyrogon

DEADLINE FOR FIRST BATTLE IS MIDNIGHT OF SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30 IN EST.

DEADLINE FOR ROUND IS MIDNIGHT OF WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10 IN EST.

Last edited:

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Team Brazilian Cancer vs Team The German Randoms
Team The Hello Nellos vs Team rob.'s explosive bird(s)
Team Violet Storm vs Team Two and a half men
Team Man City Mawiles vs Team Mega Ebola
Team A Ballin Crew vs Team :betonniere:
Team NAMEPLS7 vs Team U Got JaaJ'd

I'm just gonna go ahead and post for activity. Jirachee contacted me first on my page but when i discussed setting a time no reply was made. I later posted on Jirachees page when he was on but i got no reply after his profile said he had been looking at other forums and such and today on stours during dd/sweepage games i asked could he play in chat and was met w/ no reply again. I wouldve preferred to play js

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Just for activity: My opp and I scheduled two times and we both missed one :s
I really try to get this done

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
got haxed from a 4-0 to a 0-6(?) gg...
Nah i just had to klick some buttons without the hax, especially the freeze but the other burns, min dmgs... too

Last edited:
Yeah so been a week since deadline and jirachee still hasnt contacted me would appreciate being able to move on with the round so.... activity plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)