DOU Doubles Invitational - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally posting myself: I won 2:1, my two wins were incredibly haxy, yes, but calling them easy wins for my opp is just flat out stupid for obvious reasons (letting the only way to deal with my counters for his playstile die after a few turns). I'm sorry for what happened this round and I'm also sorry for being salty last, I don't normally react like this and won't do it again. Have fun and not that much luck to everyone ;)

Last edited:

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was gone all yesterday pretty much. srk was gone all today pretty much. Hopefully he shows up tonight or tomorrow and we can get it done.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pinged him on irc mere seconds after this post^ and also messaged him on showdown. No response. He also said no to battling twice earlier this week.

19:39 srk1214 makiri
19:39 Pwnemon dam beat me 2 it

20:09 Pwnemon makiri posts activity
20:09 Pwnemon less than a minute later srk pings him on irc
20:09 Pwnemon half hour later.......
20:09 Audiosurfer lol

^This was 20 minutes ago and still no response. I have to leave in like 20 minutes now and probably won't be back all night. Tomorrow won't be easy either as I have a lot of school stuff this week with exams and all. If anyone should be getting activity, it's me.

makiri

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Pings don't do anything for me. I don't have noises or anything so there is no indication of a message. Showdown is the same. If you want to highlight me you need to PM me on IRC. I never said no to battling you, if you say something in chat and I don't respond how is that refusing to battle? You refused to battle earlier this week, the fact you're fishing for an activity win in an Invitational is shady as hell. All I was doing was making it public that we both failed to see each other in the past 2 days. Now you are avoiding me after asking for activity? Nice job, Mizuhime is too smart to fall for your BS tricks. Grow up and battle me.

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First of all, "hopefully he shows up" but you don't even check if I'm online or if I said anything? At any point in the next 2 hours? Meanwhile, you've responded plenty easy in the past when I or someone else has pinged you so I don't buy that you didn't notice.

Second, I refused to battle you earlier??! No. I literally asked you and you said no. You never asked me and I never refused until just now because I don't have an hour to give tonight. I have an exam tomorrow morning that I have to pass to graduate. My life > your obnoxious insistence to battle at the last minute. And I told you about my exams and that I had to fight earlier in the week when I asked you to fight a week ago (and you said no).

I had tons of time to fight. I was on irc and the forums a ton this past week, as anyone can attest. As to last night, I greatly enjoyed spending 4 hours with a bunch of idiots working on a group project for a class that is for a random distributional requirement, not my major, and will help me exactly ZERO in my career.

I am simply not available to battle today. I told in advance you that I needed to battle early in the week. Not my problem.

makiri

So you have enough time to craft that message in the past 40 minutes you have been busy but can't battle?

[13:55:50] <%srk1214> I told you no. I don't have time tonight.

All I see are excuses and refusals to battle.

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
Posting because I'm mad at TFC for waiting 5 minutes after he PMd me to play, a real bro would have accepted my challenge right away, all I got for an explanation was "hold on one sec". Can we get this johning POS tournament banned? That's like calling someone, getting no answer, and them calling you back and you not picking up the phone. Also he PMd me like right after the round was up, probably knew I wasn't going to check Smogon right away and wanted to go for that activity win and VM'd me as soon as he could to ensure that. Complete trash.

I'm also really upset at him for taking advantage of me, as I was lazy and did not build teams at all so I didn't deserve to be pitted against someone who did. It's also his fault for playing better than me and beating me. I really needed and deserved that win, my ego and chances of getting drafted in SPL are taking a hit due to this. He wasn't even good in SPL last year, why should he get a win against someone with an actual chance? He should have just forfeit at that point, coupled with the activity issues I don't see why he felt good taking a victory. I put a delicious lunch on hold for 30 minutes to play him and this is what I get?

Didn't save my battle videos because I don't want stupid kids like srk leaking my matches and showing all the teams I put so much effort into making. I really don't care if you want to watch some high-level matches and learn how to play Doubles better, my results matter more than you, it's not like half of you who are reading this understand how to play in a big tournament anyways.

Last edited:

makiri

Alright srk is getting really ridiculous. I come home from my career to find this from you:

[12:34:20] <srk1214> hello asshole, I'm finally actually available again, for like 45 minutes before I have to go to a thesis meeting

And this from your lackey:

[12:33:24] <Pwnegone> hey fart smeller

So now not only do I need to explain to my daughter about an asshole and how I don't want her saying that, I'm being personally insulted and attacked by you and someone who seems to represent you. For some reason today 45 minutes was enough time to battle, but yesterday it wasn't? Did you think you had the activity win in the bag yesterday and didn't feel the need to battle when we were both present? Just recently I remembered we battled each other previously in the year and look at our interaction there:

Looks like how I remembered it going down there and how it seems to be going down here. You avoiding me for several days, claiming you thought you posted something and then giving more excuses how you will be busy. We eventually got an extension and we completed the battle, but with the way you have been acting this time will we ever get to battle? Need I remind you that you outright said no to a battle yesterday? Your attitude has been so self-centric in both of these cases yet you have the gall to call me an asshole. I don't appreciate your attitude and tone here when I have been nothing but cordial with you.

EDIT: Seems Pwnemon wasn't actually involved and I grouped him up unfairly with you despite the laughable "insult" from him, it was just timed so similarly I assumed you were acting together. Keeping that part in my post for posterity though.

Last edited:

Bughouse

I am not johnning in the slightest. Every available moment I have had today I have gotten online.

Why I'm mad and called you an asshole: You refused to play twice when I was freely available for DAYS and think it's fine for you to do that, but when I do the same at a time I told you in advance I could not play, it's not ok. That double standard makes me mad. I don't care who you are

20:44 srk1214 once again, online for a brief period
20:45 srk1214 before an exec board meeting for a student club
20:45 TRC ur the one johning m8
20:45 srk1214 I have literally no time this week
20:45 srk1214 which I said on the first day of the pairings
20:46 srk1214 Do you think I wanted to just sit through a 4 hour thesis meeting?
20:48 *** Biosci quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
20:49 srk1214 anyway I have until 9:30. Again, after that, idk when that meeting will end either.
20:50 --- breh is away (Auto away)
20:51 srk1214 we're planning a conference attended by somewhere between 40 and 50 schools (so somewhere between like 500 and 1000 students)
20:52 srk1214 that involves tens of thousands of dollars
20:52 srk1214 it's not something we do quickly or carelessly

I'll be back some time late tonight if I'm still awake enough to battle, but after an exam, 2 classes, a long thesis meeting, and what will possibly be an equally long exec board meeting, I really can't promise anything.

I wish I could say tomorrow is any better, but I'm probably only available tomorrow before 2 PM.

At that point, I have follow up on tonight's exec meeting in my committee, a review session, and more exam studying for a test on Thurs. And on Thursday I have that exam, as well as another on Friday that I will need to study for. I'm honestly trying to get this done despite my terrible schedule, which, again, I told you about in advance. I'd appreciate it if you didn't imply I'm maliciously johnning you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)