2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Will actually force national squads to maintain a consistent lineup, instead of a sporadic number of first team players at any given time, only having them together Euro/WC.

Which is a good and a bad thing. So we'll just need to see how it plays out.

I don't know which makes me happier, the fact we can make third if this ends well after all that crap we've been through, or Persie going back to his slick suave goal scoring ways again.

SOU should really try to convert some of their chances before its too late lol.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man Utd played shit that match and everyone knows it. The only people who done good is Robin Van Persie (barely?? 3 attempts in one match is nothing to be proud of despite the two goals) and De Gea.

Arsenal and Southampton gift 6 points to Man U with dreadful finishing. It's perfectly fine since they still have shown 0 improvement signs and there is no way relying on poor finishing will get them to top 4. I know there is injuries but I mean every Man U XI is just a bad as each other. I agree with you as well NLI, he has been a great match winner for them truly excellent so far.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Forget goal scorers, I'd say nearly all Utd's points this season are down to De Gea. He's head and shoulders the best keeper in the league this season.
for the next few weeks until he leaves for madrid? :)

also as much gifting points to united today was forster, he was not good on both goals. The first he should have slid, van persie was definitely not cutting it back from that angle and so he would have only risked a perfect chip, rather than letting van persie tap it through him. The second he both could probably have stepped off his line to get, given how low it was by the time van persie hit it, although i've yet to see a good angle to be sure of that. But once again the shot was from wide enough he should have been able to stop nearly anything, but a slow reaction + some poor positioning left it possible to van persie to sneak it through.

Going to read up on that UEFA Nations League. Heard about it but haven't gotten around to actually reading it.
Credible people have said they like it.

De Gea has been incredible this season, but to say he has been the best in the league is wrong.
Courtios along with neuer are in a league of their own at the moment.
De gea certainly has the potential to join them and looks to be heading that way but not now.

Three matches im looking forward to seeing starting tomorrow with Atletico vs Juve then PSG vs Barca and Roma vs City on wednesday.

Would be fun again to see Koke dominate the game like the last leg but i doubt that's going to happen. A draw but hopefully one of those draws that leaves with wanting more. Hopefully Juve come out and take the game to madrid.

Messi to carry Barca on his back again and get them the first position.
Roma should get the point(s) against this city team without aguero, toure and silva. I think kompany is out as well but city have another crazy defender in mangala.

I just want to see city playing the europa league.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
rip liverpool

Leverkusen blowing their chance to top the group, I'm disappointed. Let's hope next year they are better, they are a promising team...

Well gotta say that Monaco are such a tough team to beat, and finally managed to participate in a champions league that involved more than one goal lmao. I'm still satisfied with group runners-up though

1-1 is flattering luckily Gerrard still has his wonderful technique. Hopefully this is the last straw for FSG, the objective was to reach top 16 and top 4, one of them already failed. BR just makes the same mistakes every single game. He is totally to blame for our downfall, who the hell finds a strategy that works almost wins the league and then changes it completely for next season expecting it to go well? BR just doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal, we need someone who does.

Well it could all be different if Sturridge was fit for that Villa game to partner Balo after a promising start against spurs, but he still has done terribly for which there is no excuse because the players fit are not bad players.

BR just doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal, we need someone who does.
who would you bring in if he gets sacked?

My choice would be rafa benitez. i'd love to see the rafa mourinho rivalry again

Thats the dilemma Nos, There is not much out there and I agree about Rafa. He is a smart tactician so he would come in, loves and follows the club still which gives him a bit of an advantage in terms of current player knowledge. He knows how to set up a solid defence and make use of the best players at the club. With good financial backing I expect he could put together a good squad and while he is setting it up our perfomance level would still be acceptable. Not qualifying from the group we drew is unacceptable and frankly pathetic.

I like Rodgers, I just think he's been too naive in the transfer market. He did a good job with Sturridge and Coutinho but when he had the Suarez money he went and tried to find more diamonds in the rough. He reminds me of Wenger a bit, except Wenger has league titles of experience behind him when he started digging for bargains. I think Rodgers is tactically flexible and given time he'll be fine, it's just he made one too many mistakes on transfers and at this stage it will take another transfer window to sort out. Time that maybe he doesn't have...

But yeah -6 goal diff in a group with Basle and Ludogorets lol :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)