ORAS OU My First RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now but haven't actually posted anything. This is pretty straight forward, my first RMT and my first potential competitive team. I've really only tested it a couple times against some friends, with some mixed results.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor
-Earthquake

Pretty standard, his only job is to set up stealth rock. Nearly always lead with him, and he usually takes down an enemy with him.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 Def
Bold
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Acid Spray
-Knock Off

Went with Rapid Spin to clear hazards, Tentacruel fits in well. Great utility with Knock Off, Acid Spray and Scald, which still do decent damage with their STAB.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
252 hp / 160 def / 96 SpD
Modest
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Fire Blast
-Soft boiled

Bulky and hits pretty hard after a couple boosts. Soft boiled for recovery of course. Fireblast to take out any Steel switch ins.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
252 HP / 252 def / 4 hp
Impish
-Dragon Tail
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Toxic

I went for a more bulky set, using him as a physical wall while he can still pack a punch. Dragon tail for racking up stealth rock damage, and STAB Earthquake hits hard. Rock slide takes care of pesky Talonflames and Charizards, and Garchomp doesn't have trouble switching in to them.

Gothielle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 spe
Modest
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Energy ball
-Dark Pulse

Pretty much the clean up on my team, Shadow Tag and her decent bulk let her switch in and finish off any weakened enemies, and her moves have pretty good coverage. Struggles against Steel types but usually Garchomp makes up for it.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure >> Tough Claws
212 Atk / 44 Def / 252 SpeAdamant
Ice Fang
Rock Slide
Roost
Aerial Ace

Very Fast and dishes out a bunch of damage. Rock Slide is it's primary STAB, hitting anything that doesn't resist it pretty hard. Ice Fang shreds Salamences and Dragonites. Roost for recovery to last another turn or two, and Aerial Ace for STAB and coverage.

Scarf Gothitelle with Trick is much better than the specs set. This allows Gothitelle to cripple walls more reliably than a specs set, which will be very useful for your other attackers aero and garchomp.

I would replace energy ball with HP fire, and dark pulse w/ trick

The main issue with your team it's (in my opinion of course) the lack of a solid enough synergy between its members, you're trying to accomplish too many thing you have: a suicide lead (common in hyper offense teams) a (quite mediocre) spinner a trapper.Overall I feel (I have not test your team I could be wrong) like your team is doing so many things that in the end it doesn't have a strong offensive presence nor a strong defense.
It would help for sure if you could add more lines describing your team buildng process.

Honestly I'm probably going to gut this team out and rework it. I'll bump it when I got the new team done and editted.

Just to nit pick, you should probably extend the descriptions for each Pokemon in your team to at least 3 lines or else a moderator might close this thread.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey, unfortunately your RMT is not following the RMT Guidelines so i am going to have to lock this thread. You can find the rules here. Your issue is your descriptions. When you have applied the changes feel free to pm me and i will unlock this thread. :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)