ORAS OU Lopunny killed the radio star

Yes the title is stupid and has no meaning or theme to the team. Well with the changes in the meta after the banning of brokenmence I decided to makes a version 2.0 of my Mega Lopunny team. I made massive changes to my original team so I decided a fresh new thread would be needed since the only member that remained on the team besides Mega Lopunny was Ttar.

Lopunny was always made fun of for it's appearance though I never minded it. Now with it's Mega form it's no longer a joke and I wanted to build a team around it.

Landerous-T was my first choice as a Stealth Rock setter is always needed and this guy also makes an amazing pivot who can weaken some threats with intimidate. Also makes a decent Talonflame check that plagues Mega Lopunny.

A fast revenge killer is always needed and figured a scarfed Tyranitar would do nice and serve as an answer to birdspam. Also has good synergy with Landous-T who can weaken it's threats as well as take Ground and Fighting attacks for him.

A Pokemon that is bulky on the special side would be nice to help take hits for Landorus-T while still smacking back hard. Assault Vest Azumarill fit that bill well laughing at most Ice and Water attacks while smacking back hard with it's Huge Power boosted attacks.

Though Stealth Rock isn't a huge issue for the team I bloody hate hazards never the less so I wanted a mon to remove them but still be an offense threat. Defog Latios fits that bill well and works with Azumarill since Latios hates Dark, Dragon and Ice attacks which Azumarill can shrug off.

I decided to add a trapper as my last member. Magnezone was a good fit forming a Drag/Steel/Fairy core and trapping none shed shell Skarmory who was a pain for Mega Lopunny.

As pointed out my team didn't really have an issue with steels so a steel trapper wasn't needed. I switched Magnezone out for scarf Heatran for my Drag/Fairy/Steel core

Having two scarfers seemed like a waste to me and having such a huge problem with Mega Sceptile I really needed something to check it. Amoonguss fit the bill quite nicely tanking hits from M.Sceptile and smacking it back with Sludge Bomb

Metagross become a problem and a sweeper never hurts so as suggested by others I added Bisharp as a means to stop Gross since Scarf Heatran could already handle Sceptile

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
My rock setter and pivot Landorus-T does an excellent job of checking many threats to the team. He does a nice job of checking non Will o Wisp Talonflame and makes a good VoltTurn core with Magnezone. Leftovers of course helps keep him healthy since he has no other form of recovery.
- Stealth Rock Because what team doesn't use these? The answer is obvious.
- Earthquake His STAB of choice to hit stuff hard like Heatran, Magnezone, Etc
- Stone Edge For taking down threats like Talonflame, Mega Pinsir and Togekiss
- U-Turn Used to slowly pivot out taking damage for whatever is switched in as well as keeping momentum.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Replacing Tyranitar as suggested by -Clone- Bisharp helps handle MegaGross who could otherwise be a problem for the team. He also get's a nice attack boost of Pokemon who try to use Defog for my rocks. With a SD boost he can sweep unprepared teams[/b]
- Knock Off Main STAB used to cripple opponents who rely heavily on their held item.
- Sucker Punch Fixes Bisharp's lackluster speed hitting fast opponents or other slower priority users.
- Iron Head Backup STAB for hitting Fairies and Pokemon that resist Dark.
- Swords Dance To boost his damage even further allow him to sweep.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
My answer to many threats with the biggest being Keldeo. Azumarill dishes out the pain and has the bulk boosted with Assault Vest to take some shots that would hurt other members like Landorus-T and Tyranitar. Also works well with Latios and Heatran working a Drag/Fairy/Steel core.
- Waterfall Main STAB for hitting mons weak to or neutral to water. Also can flinch the few targets slower than it.
- Play Rough STAB for hitting threats like Conkedurr, Keldeo and Lati@s. Also a good neutral attack for when water is resisted
- Knock Off Used to cripple Pokemon reliant on their held items and removing Shed Shell from Skarmory letting Magnezone switch in to trap it.
- Aqua Jet Priority STAB to pick off targets weak to water and threats worn down by previous damage.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
As I mention before I absolutely hate hazards. I wanted a more offensive defogger and Latios fits well with the other team mates. It also has a good speed tier and hits hard with Life Orb. It's forms part of my Drag/Fairy/Steel core as well. Fit's nicely with Mega Lopunny as well when dealing with Fighting types.
- Draco Meteor Main STAB to spam when not clearing hazards. Also hurts slower dragons like Garchomp, Hydreigon and Kyurem-B
- Psyshock Second STAB to hit Keldeo, Heracross and Conkeldurr. Also helps against Chansey and Assault Vest users.
- HP Fire For threats like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Magnezone and Jirachi
- Defog For removing bothersome hazards and screens. Nuff said.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Flash Cannon
My Steel replacement for Magnezone. Scarf Heatran makes a nice revenge killer for the team and helps against threats like Talonflame, Charizard Y and many Fairies. It also has great synergy with Latios and Azumarill checking several threats to them. Also does a nice job of eating Will o Wisps that could cripple several of my team members.

- Overheat Main STAB used to off Grass and Steel Pokemon as well as anything neutral to it.
- Ancient Power Used to check Pokemon like Charizard Y, Talonflame and Mega Pinsir.
- HP Ice Used to pick off 4x Ice weak Pokemon including Landorus, Garchomp, Mega Sceptile and Physically Defensive Gliscor.
- Flash Cannon Secondary STAB for fairies and threats that resist it's fire STAB. Also does decent damage to Ttar.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Return
- Power-up Punch
The MVP of my team and one of my favorite Pokemon. Mega Lopunny makes an amazing cleaner and works great on offensive teams. It's also fast as heck outspeeding many threats in the tier including Greninja and even has a great amount of speed before mega evolving.
- Substitute Used to block predicted status allowing it to attack safely from behind it. Also great for users who try to use Protect against Lopunny
- Drain Punch Main STAB that does large amounts of damage to neutral targets and recovers health lose from Subs.
- Return Secondary STAB for anything that resists High Jump Kick or find it too risky to use.
- Power-up Punch When used behind a sub this can turn Mega Lopunny into a wallbreak causing grief to unsuspecting teams that would have normally would be checks/counters destroyed.

Huge threat if Mega Lopunny is out of the picture. I'd dedicate more options towards stopping it but I just feel this thing will be booted to ubers soon.

Fast as hell and does a lot of damage to many of my team members. Don't have to much to throw at it right now.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Return
- Power-Up Punch

This team has run the best for me so far especially with MegaMence banned to Ubers but I'm always looking for improvements to the team. Don't be afraid to give me rates and hope you had fun testing my team.

Last edited:
My main question is why are you running steel trapping magnezone? It doesn't seem like your team needs it. Mega Lopunny is your main sweeper and she wrecks steel types on top of that you have hp fire Latios and Fire blast Tyranitar. You already have plenty of ways to kill steels.

My main question is why are you running steel trapping magnezone? It doesn't seem like your team needs it. Mega Lopunny is your main sweeper and she wrecks steel types on top of that you have hp fire Latios and Fire blast Tyranitar. You already have plenty of ways to kill steels.
Well I could always run Spikes Ferrothorn and just choose to only use Defog if the opposing team tries to spike stack or use the rare toxic spikes since SR does little to my own team. Also there is Choice Scarf Heatran though I'd have to replace Tyranitar. Guess I could also try running Choice Band Scizor though I think the team has enough physical offense already.

Last edited:
Using my one bump since a change was made to the team. Not too sure if I want two scarf users still.

Scotti

we back.
You have a pretty cool and solid team :]. However like you said running to scarf user is a little redundant. I would recommend running Pursuit Bisharp over tyranitar. Your team seems to have problem taking on bulky psychics, and bisharp helps trap them allowing mega lopuuny to put in work. It can also get off damage against faster threats with sucker punch, which can save you in a pinch. I really feel like fake out would be better over power-up-punch, because it can prevent you from getting swept by faster threats. Next I would change heatrans set to Fire Blast | Earth Power | Taunt | Stealth rocks | because it helps against calm mind clefable, sableye, and gets up rocks easier. Finally I would change landorus-t to a scarf set, as when using your team with these changes I found it more useful. The extra speed allowed me to revenge kill mega scept and greninja, while still being a bulky pivot in a way thanks to intimidate.

When I was rating this you still have tyranitar over amoonguss. I would still try Bisharp over amoonguss, as the changes I suggested worked well when I was testing your team. However I never tried the team with amoonguss, so I want to know what you think works better.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Hope I helped.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lol I thought I already rated this rip memory

Anyways I don't really see any firing weaknesses on this team. RP Megagross is a pretty big threat the second you lose Lando T (or even weakened to ~75% if Ice Punch) and let Azumarill get weakened.

To fix this I definitely recommend Bisharp > Amoonguss as scotti mentioned above. You really don't have anything for gross once set up bar a piss weak aqua jet, so sucker punch is definitely a good addition to the team. Honestly I'd go with jolly SD LO over adamant glasses pursuit tho since u have Azumarill and team to check the latis, but it's personal preference honesty. I just feel a set up sweeper that helps keep rocks up would fit better.

Also definitely Drain Punch > HJK if u wanna go subpup for recovery purposes. Otherwise fake out + heal bell / ice punch / baton pass is the way to go.

Gross Doesn't really have many set up opportunities bar Latios and tran locked into flash cannon / ap, but u should still have a safety net over a mon that loses a lot of momentum.

On my phone so can't post the set for sharp as an importable but it's basically this:

Bisharp @ Life orb
Jolly nature
Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 def / 252 Spe
Sucker punch
Swords Dance
Knock off
Iron head.

Hope I helped =]

Lol I thought I already rated this rip memory

Anyways I don't really see any firing weaknesses on this team. RP Megagross is a pretty big threat the second you lose Lando T (or even weakened to ~75% if Ice Punch) and let Azumarill get weakened.

To fix this I definitely recommend Bisharp > Amoonguss as scotti mentioned above. You really don't have anything for gross once set up bar a piss weak aqua jet, so sucker punch is definitely a good addition to the team. Honestly I'd go with jolly SD LO over adamant glasses pursuit tho since u have Azumarill and team to check the latis, but it's personal preference honesty. I just feel a set up sweeper that helps keep rocks up would fit better.

Also definitely Drain Punch > HJK if u wanna go subpup for recovery purposes. Otherwise fake out + heal bell / ice punch / baton pass is the way to go.

Gross Doesn't really have many set up opportunities bar Latios and tran locked into flash cannon / ap, but u should still have a safety net over a mon that loses a lot of momentum.

On my phone so can't post the set for sharp as an importable but it's basically this:

Bisharp @ Life orb
Jolly nature
Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 def / 252 Spe
Sucker punch
Swords Dance
Knock off
Iron head.

Hope I helped =]
I'll try out these changes with addition of Scotti's suggestions as well and see how it runs. I'll edit this message later with the results from my testing thanks to both of you I really appreciate your input :3

Dat mLop. ;)

Anyways, on Heatran, I'd suggest Stone Edge over Ancient Power since it actually does more damage than Ancient power does to Zardy, unless of course pinsir is more of a problem.
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 256-304 (86.1 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Makes no sense I know, but, it's how it works. xD

Dat mLop. ;)

Anyways, on Heatran, I'd suggest Stone Edge over Ancient Power since it actually does more damage than Ancient power does to Zardy, unless of course pinsir is more of a problem.
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 256-304 (86.1 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Makes no sense I know, but, it's how it works. xD
Ha thanks for the suggestion and I'd love to but damnit does the game hate me with Stone Miss. I ran that for a bit but it ended up costing me more then helping. Glad to see a M.Lopunny fan c:

Last edited:
Hi, this is pretty a good team here, but if you want to use substitude, i suggest Drain punch is better, it can get some Hp from opponent to keep lopunny can use more times of substitude, and high jump kick sometimes will miss and lose a lot of HP, so if Lopunny doesn't run the fake out set, drain punch will be a good choice. Hope it helps.

Went a head and switched HJK for Drain Punch after it being recommend twice but boy will I miss that damage lol. Debating if I should use Stealth Rock Landorus-T + Scarf Heatran or Scarf Landorus-T + Stealth Rock Heatran.

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This is a nice team, and I'm sorry i'm late to the party.
I actually thought I rated this since I remember looking at it and reading thoroughly. :S

Onto the rate!

First of all, as Scotti said, I would change Bisharp to a Black Glasses set. This is being used a bit more in OU lately, and it traps Latias/Latios, which are pretty big threats to Lopunny.
Next is Landorus-Therian, and I would run a Scarfed set.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- U-Turn
- Superpower/Knock Off

On Latios, replace Hidden Power Fire with Thunderbolt/Surf so you get better damage. Since you have Heatran, a fire move on Latios isn't necessary.
Instead of Overheat on Heatran, run Lava Plume/Flamethrower/Fire Blast.
On Lopunny, run Ice Punch over Power Up Punch so you can take care of Dragonite. Also use Fake Out instead of Substitute so you can break a sash/multiscale/sturdy, be faster, and get a nice flinch off.
I would actually run High Jump Kek/Jump Kek for better damage, and to actually be able to OHKO Mega Sableye. But only do this if you replace Substitute.

Hope it helps.

Hi! This is a nice team, and I'm sorry i'm late to the party.
I actually thought I rated this since I remember looking at it and reading thoroughly. :S

Onto the rate!

First of all, as Scotti said, I would change Bisharp to a Black Glasses set. This is being used a bit more in OU lately, and it traps Latias/Latios, which are pretty big threats to Lopunny.
Next is Landorus-Therian, and I would run a Scarfed set.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- U-Turn
- Superpower/Knock Off

On Latios, replace Hidden Power Fire with Thunderbolt/Surf so you get better damage. Since you have Heatran, a fire move on Latios isn't necessary.
Instead of Overheat on Heatran, run Lava Plume/Flamethrower/Fire Blast.
On Lopunny, run Ice Punch over Power Up Punch so you can take care of Dragonite. Also use Fake Out instead of Substitute so you can break a sash/multiscale/sturdy, be faster, and get a nice flinch off.
I would actually run High Jump Kek/Jump Kek for better damage, and to actually be able to OHKO Mega Sableye. But only do this if you replace Substitute.

Hope it helps.
Sorry but this setup actually dismantled everything that was put together with far to many changes to the current setup. I'd have to redo many things to accommodate to these changes and overall would be worse then my current setup with the help from -clone- and others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)