Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

That's a dead battery Ruby RNG, am I right? Those are worth a lot these days. I have one in my thread, a 27/30/29/29/30/31 Shiny Adamant Rayquaza that is worth a lot. I hope that when a VGC event happens, I won't be restricted to just Kalos Native pokes.

Edit: I also have a Brave 30/28/27/x/28/0 Groudon from that game too.
Yes, it is. I did a spread search and saw that there weren't any better Jolly ones that didn't require over an hour of waiting, and very few good Adamant, Careful, or Relaxed ones that were below the one hour mark either. Nice Rayquaza, how did you manage to RNG that? It takes well over an hour to reach that frame!

Last edited:
Yes, it is. I did a spread search and saw that there weren't any better Jolly ones that didn't require over an hour of waiting, and very few good Adamant, Careful, or Relaxed ones that were below the one hour mark either. Nice Rayquaza, how did you manage to RNG that? It takes well over an hour to reach that frame!
It took over a week and an hour and 45 minutes per reset. Real pain in the ass but I wanted that spread badly. Took me a lot of patience.

How are people confirming Lati@s IVs at level 30? I also just tried the soft resetting thread, but I'm not sure where to post, so I apologize if this isn't the right place. Anyway, I have the relevant stats matching the numbers for 31 IV, but they could also be 30 (except the special defense, which is confirmed 31 by "somewhat vain").

31/31/23-24/x/31/31
Jolly Rayquaza, is that any good?
Yes, I would keep him.

How are people confirming Lati@s IVs at level 30? I also just tried the soft resetting thread, but I'm not sure where to post, so I apologize if this isn't the right place. Anyway, I have the relevant stats matching the numbers for 31 IV, but they could also be 30 (except the special defense, which is confirmed 31 by "somewhat vain").
Add 12 EV via supertraining to the stat you wish to confirm, usually it will go up if the IV are 31 (this works for latias and her twin, to be sure use a calculator).

Kyogre, modest
29-31 in everything except speed
15-16 in speed

keep or reset?
Reset :( for sure, speed IVs are usually the most important ones and kyogre has a 90 base speed stat which is VERY common in UBER(ho-oh, dialga, giratina, zekrom, reshiram, groudon) meaning you'd lose every speed tie.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
If you use metalkid's IV calculator, it'll say next to the stat what you can do so it can give you a better estimate. Usually feeding your pokemon a rare candy or giving it 4/8/12 in super training is all it needs.

Add 12 EV via supertraining to the stat you wish to confirm, usually it will go up if the IV are 31 (this works for latias and her twin, to be sure use a calculator).
Wait, so it will usually go up by 1 point, or definitely?...because I just tried it for all the stats and only 3 of them went up by 1 point, so I'm guessing those are the only 31s. And I guess if this method is foolproof then what I would have is a 30 speed IV and wouldn't the only reason to keep that is if the whole IV spread yielded HP Fire?

Last edited:
Wait, so it will usually go up by 1 point, or definitely?...because I just tried it for all the stats and only 3 of them went up by 1 point, so I'm guessing those are the only 31s. And I guess if this method is foolproof then what I would have is a 30 speed IV and wouldn't the only reason to keep that is if the whole IV spread yielded HP Fire?
It will vary from pokémon to pokémon but this calcultor http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php clearly shows that if stat on a timid latios/latias at lv30 goes up after receiving 12 EV then that stat will be a 31IV one.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
#719 Diancie [Naive]
IVs: 22, 23 / 14, 15 / 31 / 28, 29 / 31 / 31

Took me forever to finally get a decent one, keep or no?

#719 Diancie [Naive]
IVs: 22, 23 / 14, 15 / 31 / 28, 29 / 31 / 31

Took me forever to finally get a decent one, keep or no?
I guess I would keep, considering how long is to get a naive Diancie.

Got this Kyogre, decided to keep it:
Modest, 27-28 / 31 / 27-28 / 31 / 25-26 / 31

Right, been tossed.

However, what are your bare minimum standards? I'd love to hear as I don't want to clog up this thread.
I understand that Diancie is really annoying because of the random nature thing and the cutscene. For personal use, my particular standards would be something like this so I wont have regrets about a certain stat being too low in battle later:

If your goal is Hasty/Naive I would settle on 22+/28+/22+/28+/22+/31

If you would accept Rash/Mild too for Rock Polish, I would settle on 22+/28+/22+/31/22+/28+

Adamant Groudon, 21/31/31/25,26/30/31

How much of an impact does the HP loss make?
31HP IVs: 252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 147-174 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
21HP IVs: 252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 147-174 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO

A bit but not that much, it's quite a difficult call: some perfectionists would toss it, I would be happy with it.

Adamant Rayquaza - keep or ditch?
Adamant is a good nature for ray, that being said you should calculate its IVs before casting your decision.

31HP IVs: 252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 147-174 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
21HP IVs: 252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 147-174 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO

A bit but not that much, it's quite a difficult call: some perfectionists would toss it, I would be happy with it.

Adamant is a good nature for ray, that being said you should calculate its IVs before casting your decision.
IVS are:
HP - 13-14
ATK - 25
DEF - 30-31
Sp ATK - 30-31
Sp DEF - 26-27
Speed - 30-31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)