Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hey, I "exploded" last year except MoP was saved by Jamaal Charles anyway. >:|

Carrying my W-7 into the League A playoffs and plan to make it a W-9 by season's end. Aldaron dropped his last game so all four playoff teams finished 9-5.
also most points scored again but my streak was broken last week so meh

Unlike me, poor WaterBomb never recovered from his early season woes.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFW when you have 100 more points against than the next highest and you scored more than 100 more points than a person with four more wins than you. I obviously didn't expect to make the playoffs but christ at least give me a less embarrassing record than 2-12 :(

well guys, it was a fun ride but its all over for me. in my money league i suffered the ManningPocalypse, and he, along with sanders crushed my championship dreams (for good measure, i also played packers d).

i'm just wondering why the smogon league is only 4 team playoff? we're playing with 12 teams ffs, we should get 6 of them in the playoffs. first round byes are nice.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Playoff time in both my leagues going in as the #1 seed, time to achieve my destiny and continue my fantasy win streak started by baseball!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well guys, it was a fun ride but its all over for me. in my money league i suffered the ManningPocalypse, and he, along with sanders crushed my championship dreams (for good measure, i also played packers d).

i'm just wondering why the smogon league is only 4 team playoff? we're playing with 12 teams ffs, we should get 6 of them in the playoffs. first round byes are nice.
Actually not sure because last season it was 6. By the time I realized it was 4, it was too late to change it I'm afraid, sorry :(

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I need volunteers to take over the Commissioner role in Leagues C and D. If nobody steps up, I will be assigning the role to someone I choose and they will have to deal with it. There is hardly any work involved, all the league settings are already chosen, just have to renew it once a year and manage the draft. Please PM me if you are interested in doing one or both of them! (must be in the league currently to commish, though)

Who do you think is a better start? Crowell vs. Bengals or Jonathan Stewart vs. Bucs. Both are good matchups, and DeAngelo Williams is missing another week most likely. Derek Anderson is also startin for the Panthers tho at QB. so idk...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going with Crow in dfs leagues. JStew will do fine but I think Crow can make value more easily even at a higher price

Found a reddit app that gave some pretty cool results for the League C performance

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm clicking on other teams and hovering over the graph and nothing is happening. *_*

Who do you think is a better start? Crowell vs. Bengals or Jonathan Stewart vs. Bucs. Both are good matchups, and DeAngelo Williams is missing another week most likely. Derek Anderson is also startin for the Panthers tho at QB. so idk...
oh i have Latavius Murray vs. KC too...sigh decisions...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Crowell might get an extra boost from Manziel starting, since teams will have to gameplan for his running threat as well. Crowell does have that nagging hip injury though, and is firmly in a committee with West. JStew on the other hand might have the backfield all to himself with DWilliams out, but he is also injury prone and teams might stack the box with Anderson at QB. As for Murray, I don't trust him to repeat his performance from last time they played the Chefs.

I'd probably go with Crowell at this point anyway, but JStew wouldn't be a bad choice either

Actually not sure because last season it was 6. By the time I realized it was 4, it was too late to change it I'm afraid, sorry :(

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I need volunteers to take over the Commissioner role in Leagues C and D. If nobody steps up, I will be assigning the role to someone I choose and they will have to deal with it. There is hardly any work involved, all the league settings are already chosen, just have to renew it once a year and manage the draft. Please PM me if you are interested in doing one or both of them! (must be in the league currently to commish, though)
i'll take commish in league D

Tough decisions to make, 5 RBs for 2 spots (0.5 PPR) : Jennings vs Skins, Joique Bell vs the Vikings , Herron vs the Texans, Hill and Bernard vs the Browns.

I was thinking Bell for sure and maybe Hill. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like its coming down to the Eagles game to decide it Del Rio

In all honesty I shouldn't win when when I'm forced to seriously start Bishop Sankey as my RB1 in playoffs (and all season...) and JStew as my RB2, but this would be a hell of a streak if I managed to get crushed by Snowflakes in the finals

its weird to me that there are actually people who started manziel this week... i mean, why would you play a rookie QB in his first career start against a divison opponent in the fantasy playoffs? (for some its the first week, for others its the semi finals)

in other news, bills defense! the fantasy playoffs QB graveyard. who do they play next week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)