General Introduce yourself!

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Hello Cloud Motion!
I started in Gen 3 too, but with Emerald! n_n Yeah, Alpha Sapphire is best imo. And you came to the right place! PM a mentor here to get one to help you with the basics of battling and teambuilding skills. In addition, once you have found a tier (or two, or three) you like, you can really start to sharpen your skills. In addition, I would recommend trying each tier and their respective rooms to get a feel for them. Also, once you've made some teams, visit the Rate My Team section to get other users to help improve them! In addition, go here to get a quick overview of how things work here. Have fun and good luck with your competitive battling!
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes. Sapphire all the way, even if I do detest Kyogre so. I'll definitely look at pesting a mentor, once I've finished off the Delta Episode. I particularly like the look and sound of OU, and will more-than likely be using those fellah's to get myself into the scene. My team as of now is actually pretty awful. Had nought but a Magnezone and Gardevoir carry me through the entire and post-game.

Hello, I'm SfaFreak. I've been competitive battling for about 9 months now, however I have not been doing it here due to technical issues. I have instead been playing on a site called pokebattle.com, which uses a points system instead of tiers. Now, however, I have bought a new computer, which allows me to play here. So far, I've been playing RU a lot, as it contains a lot of pokemon which I enjoy using. I can't wait to work my way up the ladder! (Hopefully. We'll see how that goes. :P)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello, I'm SfaFreak. I've been competitive battling for about 9 months now, however I have not been doing it here due to technical issues. I have instead been playing on a site called pokebattle.com, which uses a points system instead of tiers. Now, however, I have bought a new computer, which allows me to play here. So far, I've been playing RU a lot, as it contains a lot of pokemon which I enjoy using. I can't wait to work my way up the ladder! (Hopefully. We'll see how that goes. :P)
Hi sfafreak!
Good to see that you can play on Showdown again! :o Have you visited the RarelyUsed room? You can discuss tactics and other parts of the tier there. If you have any questions, PM a mentor; otherwise, good luck with your climbing of the ladder!

(Yay, 50th post! n_n)

Last edited:
I'm MrSandwich, I recently joined this forum to get some knowledge on competitive battling, but I'm having trouble finding out where exactly I should start with that. If someone can help me with this, you get a hug from the shiny Mawile I caught yesterday.

More onto myself, I'm 14 years old, I started playing Pokemon when I was about 5 or 6 years old when I got Pokemon Pearl. Back then I had no idea how to actually play Pokemon, so I just ended up having
a Level 75 Infernape and a Level 3 Zubat as my team when I challenged the Elite Four, somehow I won :pimp:.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm MrSandwich, I recently joined this forum to get some knowledge on competitive battling, but I'm having trouble finding out where exactly I should start with that. If someone can help me with this, you get a hug from the shiny Mawile I caught yesterday.

More onto myself, I'm 14 years old, I started playing Pokemon when I was about 5 or 6 years old when I got Pokemon Pearl. Back then I had no idea how to actually play Pokemon, so I just ended up having
a Level 75 Infernape and a Level 3 Zubat as my team when I challenged the Elite Four, somehow I won :pimp:.
Hey there! Just pick a tier and hop right into its subforum and start to lurk there! That's really cool haha. Welcome to Smogon!

Hey everybody! My name is Liam and I love Pokemon.

Faves list: Realicanth is one of my all time faves, my favourite starter is Squirtle/Blastoise, my favourite legendary is Rayquaza, my favourite generation is a tie between Gen1 and Gen5 (weird Ik, but who cares!) and I love UU singles! :D

Btw: I hate Florges, Blissey, and magnemite..

Glad to be a new member of the community and thank you all for being so friendly thus far :)

Minus

Hey everybody! My name is Liam and I love Pokemon.

Faves list: Realicanth is one of my all time faves, my favourite starter is Squirtle/Blastoise, my favourite legendary is Rayquaza, my favourite generation is a tie between Gen1 and Gen5 (weird Ik, but who cares!) and I love UU singles! :D

Btw: I hate Florges, Blissey, and magnemite..

Glad to be a new member of the community and thank you all for being so friendly thus far :)
Hey there! I have too many favorite Pokemon to list, but I like Platinum :] Also, UU is a fun tier! You don't like Magnemite? Me neither! Welcome to Smogon :)

Thanks Minus! and out of Gen4, Platinum and Soul Silver are pretty closely tied...

Also Magnemite... its not you its me. I'm a realicanth, my electric weakness just isn't going to allow this go anywhere :/

Greetings!

My name is Aric, though a certain someone on PS calls me skrelp! I've been on PS for over a year but never took the time to actually register on the forums! More like I didn't realize it was, well, there! I often hangout in the NU and Trivia room. I hope to become more involved as time goes. Great to meet you all! :)

Minus

Greetings!

My name is Aric, though a certain someone on PS calls me skrelp! I've been on PS for over a year but never took the time to actually register on the forums! More like I didn't realize it was, well, there! I often hangout in the NU and Trivia room. I hope to become more involved as time goes. Great to meet you all! :)
Very nice! Check out the NU subforum while you're at it. Welcome to Smogon!

Hi there, the tipsy spinda!
Welcome to Smogon! Great that you decided to introduce yourself! To get some knowledge on the different tiers, go here or visit the different rooms in Showdown! I would also highly recommend PMing a mentor to help you improve your battling skills. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and have a great time!

BTW nice avatar! Scrafty <3
Thanks for the pages maybe one day ill get good at battling (one day)
:toast:

So I figured I'd ask here, because why not.

I see something about mentors and all that in another forum, but it looks like the program itself is closed off. Is that still a thing or no?

Hey. Returning long-time member here (formerly Phoenix_Wright on the slight, off chance anybody remembers), been lurking on Smogon since late 2006 and signed up a year or so later! I've been playing Pokemon for almost 14 years now - I'm 20, got a yellow GBC/Red for my 7th birthday. I've been on the competitive scene since early DPP. The DexNav inspired me to turn competitive again, and here I am.

Competitive-wise, I'm a bit rusty, but I've got tons of experience. I mainly play OU and I've peaked at #1 on two separate occasions, with a hyper offense team in DPP and an anti-weather team in BW. Looking to contribute and get involved a bit more this time around, maybe with views to becoming a battle mentor.

Glad to be back (and glad to see the smilies haven't changed). :pimp:

Hi all! I'm Conor, a student from England. I'm a big fan of all things Sci-Fi and fantasy, when I'm not searching for a job.

I've been playing Pokémon since the beginning, but only started playing competitively around the XY release. I've had some brief joy on the PS ladder, I can make a solid balanced team, and I'm fairly confident in my abilities. Now, I'm hoping to make the next step up in skill, as well as branch out to other play-styles and finally make an NU team that doesn't get completely crushed/

Good to meet you all. :)

Hi, I've been trying to get into competitive for awhile now. I started in gen 1, quit during gen 3, and got back in gen 5. I've started a basic volt-turn team but have been having trouble adapting to the ORAS meta. Also have been having trouble finding players who follow smogon rules, which seem to be a more fair and balanced version of the game (Anyone can dominate with a primal evolution or mega kangaskhan, the game becomes fun without op stuff actually).

I do have the issue of needing a volt turn team spinner/defogger that is attainable after gen 5. Forretress isn't doing it as well as i'd like. Really wish defog would have been tutorable in oras.

Hi I'm Chambs, and I've been playing since 3rd gen Leafgreen. My favorite game was emerald and I am looking forward to getting ORAS. I have put a lot of time into my X game and I just fell in love with wonder trade. I have been looking at Smogon for it's strategy dex and just decided to become a member

Very nice! Check out the NU subforum while you're at it. Welcome to Smogon!
Thanks for the welcome! Be very cool if you could give some tips on where I could start on the NU subform.

And all else that joined long after me, welcome! Hope we can buddy up someday! :)

Hi, I'm Falx. I've been lurking for a while checking out the strategy dex, learning a lot. I've played pokemon since gen1, but was oblivious to how it all really works until around gen 4 when I started trying simulators. It was like my childhood was a lie... Lol.

Anyways, I decided to finally make an account and really see what this was all about.

Hello, I'm Daniel, i'm 21 and i'm new in the world of competitive pokemon battle =) i'm here to learn how to play and build a good team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)