Other OU Player of the Week #9: Tesung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one question, How did you not get bored laddering that hard? I know that I need to play more and practice more, but it can get agitating at times between random losses and the like haha

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
So I guess I should ask you some questions or else I'd be a terrible ass friend. Congrats on all your recent tour success and getting your own POTW.

1. How useless is Togekiss on a scale of 1-10?
2. A couple of months ago, before your recent tour success, many people considered you a "ladder god" who would never be relevant in tours. Fast forward to now, and you're suddenly a smogon tour finalist and have beaten the best of the best such as gr8astard and Bloo. What do you have to say to all the "haters" who doubted you previously? Is it a good feeling being seen by others as the best of the best?
3. Who are some less known players who you think will potentially rise in the future and make a name for themselves?
4. What were some of the driving factors leading you to gradually leave ladder play and start going into more and more tours?
5. Do you miss your old laddering sessions when there wasn't nearly as much pressure for you to win and you could just play the game in a more relaxed manner? Do you remember when I would always destroy your rain offense teams with my Mega Aggron team?
6. Is the girl on my Smogon profile hot?

Again, congrats Tesung.
U da best ^_^

How did you adapt from playing on ladder to tournaments?

Are there any ladder players left that you think can do well in tournaments?
1. There was no real way of adapting, I just had to play, learn to deal with the pressure, and understand what the game was like a tourney level. It took a few spl chokes and some subpar playing in st17 to really adapt. BAsically if any of you are ladder players or just inexperienced and would like to do well in tourneys, just play tourneys. Granted, I got lucky to be able to begin my tourney career in spl, but there are many other places to start, espeically smogon tour where it is easy to get experience and be recognized, as well as being open to anyone.
2. There certainly are. Most people begin playing on the ladder, so obviously some must become good. Furthermore, there are definitely people i have seen on the ladder who have potentian (hint: not the ones using chansey goth shit). ANyways, I don't wanna specifically name names, but there are people out there who I can definitely see making an impact
Why are u so lucky at this game?
Why are u so mediocre at haxball?
Thoughts on a certain catdog?
Who is the better ben?
When will the jew takeover happen?
Would u have sex with a textbook?
Rank your top 3 indians. Shiva, Gandhi, Aziz Anazari in that order (Shiva from The League)
Finally what would u change in the current ORAS metagame and don't pussy out with just greninja?
1: Tagpro is the sport of the future tho
2: I have no thoughts on the matter
3: You can't go all sophie's choice on me bro
4: refer to http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion1.htm
5: Only if it was consentual
6: Shiva, Gandhi, Aziz Anazari in that order (Shiva from The League)
7:Well greninja is clearly a suspect.- Nah I haven't played too much, but mega sableye seems to be a bit too good. Thats is pretty much it tho, it isnt my favorite meta so far but nothing else seems too broken

FREN *-* thanks for the s/o buddy nice to see you succeeding in tours like you should be n_n. Ever since I saw you beat Tox with that yummy rain last spl I've had major respect for you so im glad i can call you fren now. Anyways....
1) What was your driving force for success in the past few months?
2) Opinions on Ashee Maree and Natalie Dormer
3) Will you ever be needed in crew tour....
4) How confident are you going to the final rounds of OLT and the finals of STours?
5) Explain how important is to have a friend base in community such as this n_n
1: I can't really say, I think it was just understnading the mindset needed to deal with pressure, and just experience against high level tourney players.
2: Ashee Maree is my gf. The other woman may be attractive, but most importantly she is not Ashe, so I care not
3: Never, and if I won't play if I am needed, so u better win
4: I feel like I have a good chance to win both. MAsterclass is very good, and there are some good players left in OLT. There is no player who I feel like I can't beat, but most people could definitely beat me on a given day
5: Very. IT makes it much more fun to be on smogon and play mons. It also gives you people to talk to about real life shit. With that said, don't try very hard to make friends, or it will just be weird. Do your thing, and it will come naturally.

finally someone i talk to on a semi regular basis :]

1. What is your ethnicity?
2. Do you think I have a decent chance on making it on US West for WCOP?
3. Favorite Mega in ORAS?
4. Most underrated Mega in ORAS?
5. In the future rounds of OLT, who will be the toughest to face?
1: Very white
2: Can't say, but you are a good player who deserves a wcop team
3: Lopunny is very strong and fun to use
4: Mega-Gyara is strong and not thought of very much , especially with crunch

What is your favorite battle music?

(Seriously -Clone- make this standard)
I actually don't listen to music very much when playing, I usually have a yt vid about chess or something in the background to calm me down. I listen to biggie while playing sometimes

why did tokyo tom get a shoutout when i'm superior in every way, even as a far as not being canadian?
did you really think a sugarhigh team would perform well in ur semis game, or was there some dare i wasn't in on?
how did u become such a poet? that name portion was spot on

1: Are you a CTC counter?
2: Tanay bet me his google glass that I wouldn't use a shit stall with a random terrakion thrown on just to check volcarona, which really hurts its synergy
3: I may have had some assistance from a random

Sorry for the delay, very busy week for me[/quote]

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If you had to rank everyone you have ever played in haxball, what would your list be?

Will you ever get good at chess?

Do you think I could be the next Stour winner since I crush you on a daily basis in XY and BW?

Are you upset that Haunter got a POTW thread before you despite being ass at this game?

fuck marry kill: TDK, bengay, sugarhigh

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if you could choose between a new car and saving mark from extreme poverty, which car would u get? =]

will dubs be on your list of main tiers a year from now?

Which of the following three nouns fit tdk best: monkey, haxballord, aids

What is ur favorite RoA tier?

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Welp better ask questions cuz i'm not a bad fren

1. how do you react when you utterly outplay your opponent? (E.g. switch in keldeo into a latios predicting their lando-i switch in as they predict your ttar into lati or some intense shit like that). I usually lean back in my chair releasing a long sigh and whispering "Yum." :]

2. What do u do wen ur under pressure, like losing a match or getting outplayed? How do u regain ur composure, if at all? I just focus on music to slow down and think

3. How long do u think ur gonna play mons? Do you think you'll just taper off when irl gets too busy or do u plan on playing this game for a long time?

4. Are you in college or high school and what are you studying/plan to study?

5. R u boi or gril

EDIT:
6. How much do you love shaymin rn

Last edited:
- favorite dpp cores / playstyle. why? whats your opinion about the whole tier after going unbeaten during ST Playoffs.

- have you ever played RU?

- your favorite games during the Smogon Tour on every tier?

- how much do you like clefable ;)

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
how does it feel to have a trophy (on both po and smogon within 2 months of each other)?
do you see yourself seriously trying to get in tour playoffs / finals again or has this season been enough?
is it true that you have a starmie fetish in dpp bw and xy?
back when you were a ladder player, did you enjoy mons more or less than you currently do?

viability of archeops 1-10
Ashe Maree/10

Nah but seriously it is kinda good espeically when it has surprise factor

How are you enjoying the tour scene so far? Who has influenced you the best as a player and why?
I like the tour scene, it is fun feeling the "pressure", even knowing it doesn't matter irl, you still feel it and get the rush of winning much more than from the ladder. There are some things I don't like about the tourney scene (the extreme reluctance to accept newcomers, etc), but overall it is definitely the my favorite part of smogon as it really appeals to my competitiveness. As for who as influenced me, Dekzeh changed how I look at XY but telling me I don't need defog, and the way that helps my teambuilding is huge. Other than that, just watching the teams the top players such as yourself, bloo, etc use helped me realize the type of team that would be the most consistent and successful (although my builds are fairly different for the most part)

Frogs or Falcons?
1.) What should you shoot for when you're trying to decide how much you're going to ladder?

2.) How do you get around <1500 ladder, where teams always seem to run some unviable mon like sash sharp or sash agility diggs that always beats your team?

3.) What balance should there be between Favorite vs. Viable? I mostly see new players on the extreme left, ladder heroes/decent players on the extreme right, and household-name players somewhere in the middle. Does this seem about right?

4.) Should real money be awarded to the winners of official tours?
RIBBIT

1: I don't ladder that much anymore, every once in a while I will just do it til i get bored, or just get a few to test a team. It's really just whatever u feel like

2. Sash Sharp is viable! and good. Anyways, most consistnet shit should be able to beat most stuff, if that one thing is used just take the loss and move on, u can just ladder more

3 I was never hugely into mons as a kid, so for me it isn't about that too much. I don't go strictly by what is most viable, I more just pick something I think would work or be unexpected and build from there, just trying to make the optimal build

4. It would be cool, especially if one day it led to mons being thought of like league of legends or w.e, as in a esport or however u call it. I don't know how possible that is tho.

FAT AM SAID: Top 5 Underrated mons that people should use more but don't. Also if possible 3 sets that you believe are underrated but the community believes is shit.
(this is xy, meta too early for underrated)
1: Starmie
2: Reuniclus
3: Volcarona
4: Venusaur (rated highly by all but I feel like it should be getting crazy usage, its just so bulky and strong vs any team w/o tran)
5: Houndoom (Has a cool niche vs balance)

Sets
Idk if the community would call these sets shit, just underrated
1: Twave +cm Clefable
2: Life orb Focus Punch Breloom
3: Knock off Venusaur

I will answer the rest tonight. If it is ok with mods/ whoever is in chargeand more people have questions, I would be cool to continue this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)