Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Sets:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Modest/Timid Nature (pick, im back and forth on this one)
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / other coverage
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit / Swords Dance
- Knock off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Megagarde has always been a nearly one mon stall team wrecking crew. With slight support it makes most stall teams explode. There is only one common mon on stall teams that can serve as a good stop to this monster, and that is jirachi. Well the most reliable way to take out bulky psychics for Offense without losing momentum is the core's other mon, Bisharp. Sharp may come out twaved vs rachi, but can easily pursuit trap it for a megagarde sweep. This is a very, very anti stall HO core atm because of all the sable/bro stalls, and to a lesser extent, malt stalls. Rare mzor stalls can beat this, and thats about it. Because this is such an antistall core, having a solid team of mons that can deal with offense is important, and having a good wincon is almost mandatory, which is mainly where I am having problems. Ninja checks and a wincon are such issues that I cant build a solid ladder team with this yet. Therefore I am asking you. Both BO and HO teams are possible with this core, so have at it. Sets are a bit customizable, DB, wisp, or cm are options on garde while lum could be used to deal with rachi a bit better for bish.

Sorry for short writeup with no sprites, I am on mobile, and old af mobile, so yeah...

I've been experimenting in OU with sweepers since ORAS got me back into Showdown. I decided that I liked Mega Charizard-X as a sweeper, and went with the bulky Dragon Dance set (ripped straight from Smogon, so feel free to change it). Latios is there to Defog for Charizard, and I really like Bisharp as a pursuit trapper and a just generally powerful offensive presence. My goal is to get Charizard to sweep late-game, so a different Dragon Dance set might be more viable for that. I still need checks and/or counters to common OU threats like Talonflame, Rotom-W, Slowbro, etc. Additionally, a wallbreaker or something that just puts a lot of dents in the enemy team is important to letting Charizard sweep, but I haven't found one that does the job as well as I'd like. Finally, a cleric could be helpful for wish passing and status. Feel free to change the sets or teammates, so long as Charizard gets to sweep late game, and the team is more balanced than hyper-offensive. Thanks for all the help!

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dont have a core but I would like a team based around Mega Lopunny:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Baton Pass
- Healing Wish

I chose this set in particular as its a great team supporter and momentum grabber. BP allows you to gain momentum against common switch ins when its obvious but dont want to risk anything (tho BPing Intimidates kinda sux :/), while Healing Wish allows her to bring a teammate back to life once Lopunny's usefulness is done.

I apologize for the lack of a core and long explanation, but Id appreciate it if one of you guys could make a team (preferable BO / balance) based around this monster as Ive had trouble making one myself.

ok, since rob. has posted his teams for the thread, this is now open again. remember to read the rules in the op before submitting requests, k?

on that note, i'll update the op w/ the new teams soon enough.
Should I repost my team or should I just leave this thread for accidently breaking the rules? Sorry in advance.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you've posted a request before i announced that the thread was open, you can only stick with that request.

i'd like a team built around mega latias, jirachi, azumarill.

Latias:
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Substitute / Dragon Pulse
move 3: Stored Power / Psyshock
move 4: Roost
ability: Levitate
item: Latiasite
evs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
nature: Bold

(i like the first slashes on the lati set)

jirachi:
move 1: iron head
move 2: fire punch
move 3: u-turn
move 4: healing wish
ability: serene grace
item: choice scarf
evs: 252 atk/ 4 spDef / 252 spe
nature: jolly

azu:
move 1: aqua jet
move 2: waterfall
move 3: play rough
move 4: superpower
ability huge power
item: assault vest
evs: 240 hp/252 atk/16 spDef

all 3 of these are mons that i like a whole lot, mega lati being one i haven't used yet, and both rachi and azumarill being mons that i haven't used in a long time. the reason i'm not providing sets is because all 3 of these mons are ones with flexible sets. jirachi could be leftovers sub, scarf, etc. azu could be BD, AV, CB, etc. Lati could be offensive defogger, boosting sweeper, etc etc. this is what i want for the team, one where scouting is necessary to get a good idea of what one is dealing with. as for the style, i'd prefer offensive or bulky balance, hyper offense, or bulky offense. the reason i chose this particular core, aside from liking and not using the mons for a long time, is that they have good type synergy together, as well as being able to perform multiple different roles on a team. this gives you guys a lot of freedom with the team. i do think ninja is an issue for this core, as usual, but i think it has potential.

if you want me to post specific sets for these mons, i can do that.

Last edited:
Well, since I saw one or two people saying Sylveon might drop to BL after ORAS I wanted to rep for him. I like the idea of him paired with Mega Metagross,as an offensive, wallbreaking core.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Mega Metagross
item: Metagrossite
ability: Tough Claws
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Meteor Mash
move 2: Zen Headbutt
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Hammer Arm

Last edited:
Reposting a core from earlier, but I added Greninja to it because it's very valuable to checking threats to Diance + Ferro.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

With RP, Diancie can try to sweep. Between Diamond Storm, Moonblast, and Earth Power, it can hit would-be counters like Excadrill super effectively. It's still pretty frail though, and the rest of the team can make up for its biggest weaknesses: water, ground, and steel types.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive nature
- Hydro Pump
- HP Fire
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Greninja obviously plows right through anything it can hit super effectively. Between HP Fire and Ice Beam alone, it can hit Lando-t (not scarf) and steels for 4x super effective damage. Gunk Shot allows it to tear Azumarill and fairies in general apart, and Hydro Pump hits fire-types like (Air Balloon) Heatran who would otherwise plague this core.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Greninja can't stand up to other Greninjas, so this Ferro solves that. It walls special Greninjas and between Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, and SR, it really weakens it. Protect can scout for HP Fire so its user can make a switch. Leech Seed wears down non-grass types and provides Ferro with recovery. Gyro Ball also does big damage to Mega Sceptile, who is a problem to this core.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
canman98

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 240 SpA / 12 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet

Here's bulky offense featuring Dragalge + M-Gyarados. Because of Drag's low speed it's forced to come in and force out defensive Pokemon like Clefable. Choice Specs forces you to rely heavily on prediction which isn't that bad because it'll force switches 90% of the time. Besides its low speed it's capable of functioning as an incredible nuke even at -2. M-Gyarados recieved Crunch so it's destructive power increased quite a bit because it has two STABs. It's an excellent wallbreaker that can weaken teams alongside Dragalge. M-Gyarados is easily able to eliminate special walls like Chansey, opening holes for Dragalge to decimate the opposing team. From here I decided to add some defense. The Ferrothorn + Slowbro defensive core is great and extremely easy to use because they cover each others weaknesses well, they also cover a ton of threats. From here I decided to add some offense. RP Landorus is criminally underrated, the extra speed allows it to challenge a bunch of Pokemon that should check/counter it. Azumarill is a staple on bulky offensive teams and for good reason. It's able to come in on many different threats and setup. I chose the Belly Drum moveset because it enables Azumarill to act as an unstoppable late-game cleaner. It has the perfect support in Landorus, Dragalge, and M-Gyarados, all mon's who should be able to weaken the opposing team enough for Azumarill to clean.
canman98 Ok so Rob. had me test this team out when he hit me up on PS which I'm more than happy to since Robs chill and all n_n. I'm still testing but I'm going to just speak on the initial build and what changes I tried out so far.

I couldn't even use the initial build what so ever. It's this team that relies on extremely lucky plays with cores that sound great in theory but fall apart in practice. It's also a team that provides way too much momentum for your opponent from the likes of Rotom-W, M-Manectric, BP Celebi, etc. Also the team gets swept by M-Sceptile, well played Thundurus, a bunch of other stuff and just goes back to overlapping typing and lack of hazard removal :s. If you do drop hazard removal you need to have cores that can build off momentum and hazard damage so think hazard offense and bulky offense. I've been using SubPass Celebi + SR Speedy Heatran over Slowbro / Ferro so far and it feels a bit more consistent in relieving pressure with SubPass allowing your set up sweepers some freedom to set up more easily. I also used Aqua Jet, Knock Off, Play Rough, Belly Drum over the initial set which allows to bluff AV sets and just demolishes so many builds and conventional checks to the sets that is being currently used with much more ease after Belly Drum. Haven't had a single scenario where Waterfall was useful on BD Azu tbh and M-Gyarados covers the offensive water type role anyways. Been playing with Knock Off Lando-I as well with EP, knock off, focusblast/psychic, rock polish which gives you a secondary lati check for when they switch in and when you've gained rock polish but it's been sort of redundant and I'll probably be using HP Ice and possibly will be testing out EP, HP ice, knock off/coverage/focus blast, rock polish sometime in the future. Other ideas would be Spikes Chesnaught/Ferrothorn + secondary SR setter such as Air Balloon Heatran to alleviate the Sand Offense issues and emphasize some more pressure since you lack hazard removal, Clear Smog Amoonguss so you aren't floored by M-Altaria, and scarf Magnezone paired with a Knock Off attacker to ease the elimination of Ferro and Skarmory, something M-Gyarados wants. There's a lot of rooms to change stuff but you definitely need stuff to maintain momentum consistently so for now that's all I can say.

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Should I repost my core from before? It was posted before the thread was closed, and might have been accidentally overlooked what with the flooding of requests that came in at that time. If I'm out of place here, please tell me, and I apologize for any confusion or annoyances. Thank you!

Mega_Sableye.png
download (3).jpg
excadrill_by_dedhpkmn-d5v3djd.png

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

So mostly I would like a sand offensive team around this core if you all dont mind. The reason why I use sableye in this core manually because of magic bounce as anti-lead support. It helps me counter sash breloom which from my experience is a great threat is sand offense it not prepared it focus sand teams to sacrifice a poke. Also support for my ttar which does almost nothing towards breloom. The reason for tyranitar move pool is to counter scizor, ferrothorn, bulky lando-t if it doesnt have any speed invest. The reason for focus sash is to most likely ensure i get stealth rocks up and that i can switch and out more to get more sand teams to sweep with Excradrill. The Excarill set is pretty standard for max damage. The moves and spreads doesn't exact;y have to be this exact but iwould like these 3 pokes on the team. If u find the time i'll really appreciate it. Thank you.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Roost

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch/Knock Off/Poison Jab

Honchkrow is one of the premier UU sweepers and I believe with the right support the Big Boss pokemon can shine in OU. Honchkrow relies mainly on sucker punch + moxie when sweeping which can be a deadly combination once Honchkrow has gotten going. The three types that resists sucker punch are fighting, fairy and dark. Mega Gallade deals with 2 out of three of these types (or if you run poison jab all of them) so he is an excellent partner for Honchkrow. I prefer the substitute set on Mega Gallade overall as I find that SD is not the most efficient sweeper now that the average speed tier is raised but use it if you must.

Rewritten to stick to the rules

Only req is that I would prefer not to have any legendary on the team built if possible :)

My core are Mega Charizard X and Azumarill They work very well together and azumarill is a beast with the assault vest :)

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
First of all: feel free to put this request on low priority, since it's more of a challenge I'm making rather than a personal request (which means I'm not going to use it to top the ladder or anything fancy like that, just something to keep just in case. I mostly did this because I found the concept of a Team Building Shop interesting and actually wanted to do something similar in RU before). Also note that I'm rather lacking in OU experience, so most of my judgments come from the Viability Ranking thread and the tournament matches I've watched, but I guess that's probably enough, especially considering that I haven't been tainted by any OU low ladder experience. With that in mind, I took a look at the rankings in order to find a less used and likable Pokemon that could do work in OU. Came up with this:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch / Another coverage move, feel free to use whatever you think is the best option

Straightforward Pokemon. Tries to find set up opportunities on the likes of -2 Lati@s, Stone Edge-locked Landorus and so on, while nuking with Close Combat and bypassing both Thundurus and Talonflame with Extreme Speed. However, it does suffer from its issues (hard time finding set up opportunities and the inability to pick off some Pokemon if they're not weakened, especially shit like Excadrill, Diancie after evolving and Choice Scarf Landorus-T). With that in mind, I came up with the following offensive partner:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

Tailwind + Lucario has solid synergy I guess. You can also use this to weaken Landorus-T and Clefable, switch on Earthquakes before evolving (as well as lure Stone Edges for Lucario to set up on) and be a lord in general. You could also use the standard Dragon Dance set (Jolly Dragon Dance is a decent Landorus-T lure I suppose) or opt for a different Lucario partner, which would be fine with me. On top of my head, some cool stuff to use would be Gyarados, Mega Charizard Y, (Mega) Lati@s or even Gengar (which would actually be my favorite partner for Lucario after Charizard)

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

If you really want to get shit going. Encore the likes of Chansey and Ferrothorn and proceed to punch holes. If they have Quagsire proceed to eliminate it.

Good luck and have fun with this :]

How about a team built around a core of
Swampert@Swamperite
ability:damp
EVs: 156 spe / 252 atk/ 100 HP
Adamant Nature
-waterfall
-icepunch
-earthquake
-raindance

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- knock off
- Rain Dance

Basically this core has one job set up rain and abuse it, i personally think these two have great synergy as tornadus can tank grass type attacks and swampert has little issue with rock type attacks and can also absorb priority ice type moves that plague tornadus as well as preaty good offensive synergy of being able to take out checks and counter for each other fairly well. as you can probably tell this core has serious issue with greninja if swampert hasn't mega evolved yet or rain is not up. some things that i have been trying to use to bolster it are choice band sczor to come in on ice beam and bullet punch grenija and thunderus for the priority thunder wave plus thunder abuse. aside from that it has problems with rotom-w swampert can hit it deacently with ice punch and it never likes having its item knocked off by tornadus. sabelye is in general an issue as is Mega slowbro. politode is left out because out side of having drizzle it is mostly useless though it would likly work well i have not attempted to use it to see how well a rain team can work with out it.

Last edited:
So I've been Trying resurrect my XY team for ORAS with little Success (I tend to try to get pokemon to do to much lol) so instead of Fiddling around with it I've decided to gut the whole thing back to its core and let you guys have ago to see if It still can work.

Anyway. Here is the Core

Clefable @ Leftovers or life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

My primary Win condition and Ultimate screw you to stall. We all know how scary a calm minding Clefable can be and right now she is my favourite pokemon (outside roserade who is not Viable currently). Nothing trolls hazards or dark types in general more then then Clefable and once steels and Poisen types have been eliminated or oppurtunities like sab come up I just start setting up till it cant be threatened anymore before sweeping. If she cant set up she can still act as a wall.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Good old Rotom Wash. Easily switching in to take Steel attacks directed at clef and then spreading paralysis onto things like Mega metagross, Talonflame, the Zards and other fast threats who would otherwise Stop Clef setting up. Thunder wave could be swtiched for Will-oh-wisp but in this fast meta I find having a 100% accurate status move that cripples so many speedy mons to be a boon.

Checkmate (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

As long as Stall exists I will forever carry this thing. Capatilising on Rotom's T-Wave and Volt Switch shenanigens and hitting slow pokemon like ferrothorn, Rest Talk Gyarados, Venu and Dragalge who would other the Otherwise threaten Clef or switch out on Rotom. Goths Job is to Finish of these weakened pokemon or eliminate slow Bulky pokemon whom may otherwise stop clef.

Overall I'm aiming for a balance or Bulky Offence team built predomintantly around Clefable and I find Rotom and Gothitelle to be very good Partners not only covering most of her weakness's but crippling or eliminating things such as Metagross, Jirachi, Bisharp in Rotoms case while Goth handles Chansey, Rest talk G-dos, ferro and Dragalge. That said the the core is not perfect, Mega Garde and Greninja have a field day with me if I dont T-Wave early and heatran is a perenial nuisance but otherwise its solid and I'm still in need of a rock setter, Cleric or anti hazard support (Atleast 1 or the other), a mega and Revenge Killer but the overall Job is simple clear the path for Clefable to end games. Feel Free to swap Gothitelle or Rotom for better alternative's if you wish (I like CB Victini XD) or feel its needed but Clefable must stay. The only thing I ask is you guys keep it to 1 legendary on the team since I intend on using this both for showdown and Locals (They use smogon OU rules but only let players use 1 legendary)

PS: Feel free to take your time with it :)

Last edited:
I know you guys are looking for something creative and I think I came up with a pretty neat idea. I think this idea has untapped potential, however, I am not the best team builder and therefore probably cant fulfill this potential without help. I guess it's alright if this isnt accepted for being too gimmicky or outclassed, but, there is really no harm in trying and i dont think it is completely outclassed anyways.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Hypnosis

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Belly Drum

I won't go on explaining how this core works because I think it is very obvious. Instead I'll explain why it isn't outclassed or gimmicky. Clearly the idea is to set up and sweep with Poliwrath, and this isnt as hard as one might think. Poliwrath has a few great things going for it after it has set up. Firstly, it has Swift Swim, meaning that under rain it's speed is doubled and getting outspeed after a belly drum wont be a problem. Secondly, it's defensive typing is actually very good against priority. I remember people mentioning keldeo being extremely resistant against priority as an arguement for a ban during its suspect. While flying priority and prankster t-wave have been (re)introduced, water/fighting still fairs fairly well against the priority invested metagame. It resists bullet punch, aqua jet, sucker punch, and ice shard while only being weak to brave bird and (aerilate) quick attack. Due to this, I tend to use a pokemon that can set up on these birds after they stop a poliwrath sweep such as agility Ampharos or np Thundurus. Poliwrath is also insanely powerful under the rain after a belly drum, it even makes sd life orb kabutops looks weak. This power also means it can ohko many water resists with waterfall instead of resorting to the 80% accuracy of stone edge like Kabutops. Due to Poliwraths sheer power, I often use him as a wall breaker instead of a sweeper because shit goes down after a belly drum. This opens up holes for my team and often leads set up oppurtunities (ie talonflame revenges poliwrath and then ampharos sets up on it). Finally, Poliwraths best answers (those that can live a hit and retaliate back) are often OHKOed with a little prior damage. Even fully defensive slowbro is easily 2hkoed by waterfall! Pokemon that bring in these bulky water resists and just damage, not even ko them, are great choices for poliwraths teammates. Hazard support and spike stacking is useful too.

I tried using this core in xy but it wasnt as kind to me. Birds were everywhere and so was Mega Venusaur. These guys make life difficult for Poliwrath but are nowhere near as common as they once were. The current metagame is very kind to Poliwrath and it would like to take advantage of it.

I am very tired now and cant think very straight so I will just post some calcs and a replay from not long ago to speak for themselves.

+6 252+ Atk Poliwrath Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor in Rain: 393-463 (114.5 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor in Rain: 292-344 (85.1 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192867007

Edit: hax at the end of the replay wouldnt have mattered. Life Orb Adamant Bisharp Sucker Punch does 22% to Poliwrath max and Mega Sableye is hit for 140% minimum. I calced this but forgot/too tired to paste but you can take my word for it.

Last edited:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Icy Wind / Scald

Bringing back a bit of an old school offensive core. In case it isn't obvious already, the aim is for Metagross to Pursuit-trap Lati@s so that Landorus and Keldeo can go to town on the opponent's team. I've decided to go with CM Landorus in conjunction with Scarf Keldeo because the former can break through the checks for the latter, allowing Keldeo to clean up late game. HP [Electric] is helpful since non-mega Gyarados has seen a bit of a revival as of late. If you wanted, RP Landorus paired with Specs Keldeo could also work just as nicely, although you'd be slightly worse off vs stall.

There's a number of ways the team could develop from here, depending on whether you decide to use this core in a bulky offensive team, or go with a more balanced approach.

Last edited:
Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
-Protect
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Poison Fang

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
-V-Create
-Brick Break
-Bolt Strike
-U-turn

A pretty simple FWG core. Sharpedo is a powerful cleaner, but only gets one chance to clean. Because of this, we have the rest of the members here to support him and wear enemies down enough for a late-game sweep. Ferrothorn sets up Rocks first and wears down pokes that could take Sharpedo's moves, while Victini plows through anything that resists Sharpedo with V-Create. Ferrothorn can Leech Seed and Protect stall things like Chansey as well, and Stealth Rock makes sure Talon has a hard time revenging. Victini's V-Create is of course standard. Brick Break is for annoying Dark-types that could threaten it out. Bolt Strike and U-turn are there for coverage, while U-turn also provides momentum. On Sharpedo itself, Protect and Crunch are standard. Protect nabs that sweet speed boost, while STAB Strong Jaw Crunch hits like a truck. Ice Fang is used mainly to hit things that are 4x weak to it. Poison Fang also provides useful coverage against Fairies you outspeed, and can nab some useful status, but honestly Ferrothorn is better suited to take them down.

Feel free to change sets around, but I'd like it if you could stay as close to the original three members as possible - in particular Sharpedo, the other two could be replaced.

I'd like to make a balanced team using a FWG core of Heatran, Slowbro and Chestnaught. Here are the spreads I had in mind:

Heatran -
- Item: Leftovers
- Ability: Flash Fire
- Nature: Calm
- EVs: 248 HP/40 Spd/220 SDef
- Moveset:
1. Lava Plume
2. Protect
3. Stealth Rock
4. Will-O-Wisp

Slowbro -
- Item: Slowbroite
- Ability: Oblivious
- Nature: Bold
- EVs: 252 HP/16 Def/240 SDef
- Moveset:
1. Calm Mind
2. Rest
3. Sleep Talk
4. Scald

Chestnaught -
- Item: Leftovers
- Ability: Bulletproof
- Nature: Impish
- EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
- Moveset:
1. Spiky Shield
2. Leech Seed
3. Hammer Arm
4. Wood Hammer

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Mega-Slowbro so I'd like to build a team around his strengths. He's a great tank so I think he'd be at his best surrounded by two walls. As for the rest of the team, I think I could use a cleric (maybe Clefable? Sylveon?), hazard setter (preferably a speedy one I could use as a lead) and a late-game cleaner or revenge killer. This core is by no means set in stone and if you think Slowbro is better served in a different one please let me know!

(I'm relatively new to the community; sorry for not using any sprites.)

Core:
+

Description: This is a core i made myself, and i haven't had the time to build a team. Feel free to change the sets if you like. I chose mega altaria because its amazing fairy/dragon typing it has so many resists,it can take its hits because of its amazing bulk and after 2 dragon dances sweeps teams. I chose magnezone as a partner because of its ability to trap steel types like skarmory, scizor, and ferrothorn that give mega altaria a hard time sweeping. Mega altaria and magnezone also benefit from one another typings bc magnezone is weak to fighting and fire which mega altaria resists and altaria is weak to poison which magnezone is immune to, steel which magnezone 4x resist, and fairy which it resist. This core needs something that can take ground attacks and also can deal with greninja.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
EVs: 60 HP / 208 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Last edited:
+

This is a really good defensive core, it checks most offensive threats. Mega venusaur checks things like thundurus, azuamrill, and garchomp etc.. Heatran checks things like Lati@s, Ferrothorn, and Talonflame. I always get stuck when team building so i submitted this core. i personally want a semi-stall team. Feel free to change sets.

Venusaur (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 22 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Hello!

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Sludge Wave

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Landorus-I is quite uncommon right now because of how good Landorus-T is. But I still think that Lando is still so strong given the right support. i used to like RP Lando because of the speed and the ability to destroy offense but I've realized that a CM set can also destroy offense with Twave support from Klefki. With Calm Mind, Landorus now also has the added power to destroy stall. EVs for Lando are standard. I decided to not give him knock off because I did not want to run a negative defense nature. Sludge wave is for fairies and psychic is for Keldeo, MLop, and other fighting types bar MGallade/MCham. EP is just STAB. As for Klefki. I dont know if screens is the best set if the team is going bulky offense but i felt the need for screens for Lando to have a better setup opportunity.

Thank you for the time making teams for people! :D

I'm trying to get a team going for ORAS for the first time, but I'm not too sure what other members to use.

So far I'm going for a Mega Lopunny, Dual Screen Magic Bounce Espeon, and Belly Drum Azumarill with these sets:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam

Lopunny @ Lopunnyite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

I'm a little worried about Mega Lopunny, because I like having the punches, but I don't want to waste any space on a move I don't need. And I was wondering about running an Adamant Mega Lopunny with a different moveset as well...

And after these 3, I have no idea how to build the rest of my team around them. I was thinking of getting a Stealth Rock user and maybe a status user. Any... advice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)