2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Barcelona playing with 3 centerbacks and 2 ''''wingerbacks'''' (lol neymar defending) against a team like PSG. I mean, what's Luis Enrique trying to accomplish by giving Moura all the space he wants on the wing? Obviously Neymar is not going to track him back...

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
DestinyUnknown They still won though..... Easy win for us tonight, nothing less was expected. Schürrle actually had a good game for once, as did Mikel. And Mikel actually scored rofl Obviously, it was the kind of goal that you just cannot miss. Still, I just can't seem to recall when he last scored. Schürrle's a great finisher and we need someone like him to lighten Costa's goalscoring burden; if he keeps this up, he might be able to win his place back from Willian. And if Mikel consistently plays like he did tonight, he'll be the ideal back up for Matic.

Nasri's goal changed everything and now City are in the next round.
I really want to see madrid vs City. That could be the best tie of the round.

Going to watch the chelsea game later but glad Loftus-Cheek got to make his debut.

Barca was the better team but it was close until verratti got subbed(someone said he was just coming back from so it was kind of understandable). He was definitely PSG's best player tonight.
Bartra and Mascherano were definitely the MoM tonight. Pique was good but had bad moments throughout and mathieu was unconvincing and has been poor the last couple of games.

I want leverkusen. The have been fun to watch this season and it should be a good match up between the two.

One thing for certain though Bayern or Barca are going to get Arsenal.

Edit: It has to be noted that the Europa League is going to be fun( The knockout rounds have always been great) with Everton, Liverpool, Roma, Spurs, Napoli, Bilbao, Fiorentina, Wolfsburg, Zenit, Olympiacos( who have been great to watch in their games), etc.

Last edited:
Where do those probabilities come from? I can just sense Bayern again but I'm obviously hoping for Monaco or Porto. But like I've always said, you have to beat the best anyway so I'd be happy to get Bayern or Barca or RM too. Would make for a great match as always!

City V Dortmund?

City knocking Roma out may allow us to get Strootman... if they get Dortmund I hope Shinji gets rid of City

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
yah id also be running scared if i was a bayern fan, but would prefer to play RM since we never play them and if we have to go out in r1 it would be nice to lose to the best.

Barca was the better team but it was close until verratti got subbed(someone said he was just coming back from so it was kind of understandable). He was definitely PSG's best player tonight.
Bartra and Mascherano were definitely the MoM tonight. Pique was good but had bad moments throughout and mathieu was unconvincing and has been poor the last couple of games.
i thought psg's best player was matuidi. and lucas. lucas was terrorizing mathieu all game long. this is a game where enrique should've had jordi alba at Lwb NOT mathieu..

bartra needs to start every game, he's a beast.

btw, the formation they played was like a 3-5-1-1, really strange, but effective. laurent blanc had the audacity to say after the game that barcelona's men looked "confused" in the new formation. if barca was confused and still beat psg 3-1, what does that say about psg? smh.

HBK

Nasri's goal changed everything and now City are in the next round.
I really want to see madrid vs City. That could be the best tie of the round.

Going to watch the chelsea game later but glad Loftus-Cheek got to make his debut.

I want leverkusen. The have been fun to watch this season and it should be a good match up between the two.

One thing for certain though Bayern or Barca are going to get Arsenal.

Edit: It has to be noted that the Europa League is going to be fun( The knockout rounds have always been great) with Everton, Liverpool, Roma, Spurs, Napoli, Bilbao, Fiorentina, Wolfsburg, Zenit, Olympiacos( who have been great to watch in their games), etc.
Loftus-Cheek got to play ten minutes in the end. Not much of a debut. I really hope Mourinho was more like Wenger or Rodgers in his treatment of the youth. If it was either of them in his place, Loftus-Cheek surely would've started as would have some other promising youngsters like Boga or Solanke. We could beat Leverkusen, I wouldn't mind drawing Shakhtar or Basel either. Our draw luck is usually pretty good, I hope we can avoid Juventus and PSG.

Lampard can fuck off to the mls now. It's getting really annoying now.

Poor first half from Chelsea with mikel and willian being the worst of the lot but we have the lead and need to just get those 3 points.
A better second half would be nice though.

Got the three point.
Costa scoring as well is great. It was a good finish by him as well.
Eden Hazard was the best player today.
Mikel can do a job but that ins't replacing Cesc.
Willian is a frustrating as Schürrle can be and is really a problem for Chelsea. Calling Reus...

I really hope lewis baker and Ake get minutes on tuesday along with salah(i like him but hasn't played much this season so far).

Reducing Rakatic to covering for Alves is madness of he highest order.

They haven't really played well as a team for the majority of this season. The team is dysfunctional and without messi i have no idea where they would be.

I really don't think Messi is going to put up with this mediocrity for much longer.
This poor excuse of a board is running the club into the ground before they are kicked out in 2016.

HBK

Not our best performance but the result is all that matters. Mikel is and always has been shit, we need to get someone good enough to serve as back up to Fabregas/Matic. We also need to buy a world class winger to play on the right, unless Schürrle gets back to his best because Willian, even at his best, isn't much of an attacking threat and Salah has been underwhelming so far.

Im pretty sure and hopeful) that is was merely a joke Myzozoa. But HBK is being a bit gay there, Mikel is not terrible, you are fortunate to have a good servant there who is happy to wait his turn (albeit probably paid good enough money to make him happy). But the point is, I don't know who you think there is in the world who is good enough to provide cover for both guys and just be happy as a squad man when they are both fit?

could you be any more plastic if you tried?
What does that even mean?

How would you like it if thierry henry went to United or Chelsea instead of Barca in his pursue of winning the CL or any of your favourite arsenal players going to a title rival.

The point is that I love him but seeing him play for City is painful and the fact that he has really helped gain important points for them(our main title rival) is frustrating.

Also stuff like this doesn't help;
http://talksport.com/sports-news/fo...he-would-never-leave-chelsea-premier-lea-1979

This is basically how i feel about the whole situation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)