Big Personalities Mafia - Signups Open!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hosted by UncleSam

Game size: 31
Format: 1 Village, 3 Mafia
Anonymous: Aliases on forum (ie Metroid Prime 2)
Theme: Characters are grouped by characteristics. The Ordinary Humans are the village, while the Megalomaniacs, the Epistemophiliacs, and the Obsessive-Compulsives are the mafias. Game is open-themed in terms of there is no limit to which characters may be in the game. Do not expect to have to spend hours and hours planning actions but do expect twists and misinformation. The goal is to have fun, not ruin everyone's Christmas.
Also should know: This is a spiritual sequel to Everybody Votes Mafia, with the same -VOTE- action system for the village.
When will it start: I may start this game next Wednesday, but more likely next Friday.
No cohost?: vonFiedler has graciously agreed to look over the design and answer questions about the game while it is ongoing, but do not bother him unless I'm not around. I will be doing all updates.
Game Channel?: #personalities

Just in case anyone was interested in the roles list:
Controlling -VOTE- Actions:
-VOTE HOOK-: Target is unable to perform actions
-VOTE THIEF-: Target will have held items taken by this role
-VOTE PRIO UP/DOWN-: Target will have priority either reduced or increased (Target vote and Up/Down votes separate)
-VOTE DISCOUNTER-: Target will have his/her vote count for zero in the next day's lynch (will not be alerted of this)
-VOTE CRIER-: Target will have one public vote levied against him/her the next day
-VOTE REDIRECTOR-: Target1 will have his/her target altered to Target2
-VOTE CONTROL BACKUP-: Will permanently assume the -Vote <Action>- role of target if a Control role; must target dead aliases
-VOTE CONTROL VIGILANTE-: 1/3 nights Target is killed if also targeted by another Control role successfully

Inquisitive -VOTE- Actions:
-VOTE INSPECT-: Receives targets' Role PM
-VOTE ROLE NAME CHECK-: Receives targets' Role Name
-VOTE WIN CONDITION CHECK-: Receives targets' Win Condition
-VOTE NPC CHECK-: Determines whether or not target is an NPC
-VOTE TRACKER/WATCHER-: Receives the targets' night action targets for that night OR a list of targeters of the target
-VOTE ITEM CHECK-: Determines what items target is holding
-VOTE INQUISITIVE BACKUP-: Will permanently assume the -Vote <Action>- role of target if an Inquisitive role; must target dead aliases
-VOTE INQUISITIVE VIGILANTE-: 1/3 nights Target is killed if the targets' Role Name and Win Condition are supplied accurately

Protective -VOTE- Actions:
-VOTE BODYGUARD-: Target will be immune to Killing actions
-VOTE SAFEGUARD-: Target will be immune to non-Killing actions
-VOTE DECOY-: Target will have any targeters redirected to this role for all actions
-VOTE MARTYR-: Target will be redirected to this role for all actions
-VOTE ITEM PROTECT-: Target will be immune to Thief actions
-VOTE VOTE PROTECT-: Target will be immune to having his/her vote tampered with in the next day's lynch and will be lynchproof
-VOTE PROTECTIVE BACKUP-: Will permanently assume the -Vote <Action>- role of target if a Protective role; must target dead aliases
-VOTE PROTECTIVE REVIVER-: 1/3 nights Target1 is revived into Target2's alias if Target2 is an NPC alias

If anyone is unclear about how these would work, refer to These Rules written for the original Everybody Votes Mafia. These are *not* the rules for this game, but they will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect in terms of the -VOTE- action dynamic.

To signup just post 'In' in this thread, or any variant where the meaning is obvious. Newcomers are allowed but I will not let you play if you do not demonstrate to me that you have IRC access. If you are going to travel during Christmas break and will miss 1-2 cycles, let me know in advance but you should be fine to play. Also sign up as 'sub-only' if you feel you will be gone too long to play the entire game (or for any other similar reason).

Cheers!

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
In.

I will be traveling before and after Christmas (ironically not during though) but will never lack internet access for more than like 8 hours at a time.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in

EDIT:

[4:23pm] Ditto: I was gonna have my sign up post be “I’m in this like ipl is in a minor”
[4:23pm] Ditto: but I wasn’t sure if that was still a relevent smogon meme

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I posted the -VOTE- actions list in the OP so that people can start to get a feel for how this game will work if they are not familiar with the vote action mechanic. Also for veterans to peruse and get a feel for in advance of the actual game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)