Arceus-Electric (Revamp) (QC -2/3)

QC Approvals: ??? / ??? / ???
GP Approvals: ??? / ???

Lol I look just like Extreme Killer
Edits to the XY analysis are in BOLD

Overview
########
Rising high above the Earth, the Supreme Creator emerges onto the battlefield, this time wielding the power of the mighty electron. Dare not incur His wrath, as a Judgment coming off of a 414 Special Attack after a Calm Mind boost is not something one should mess with. With a new metagame dominated by new threats, the God of Lightning is able to check many of them, including Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Kyogre and his Primal Reversion, and Mega Salamence. Not even paralysis can stop Him from bringing His electrifying justice. There are a number of things, however, that keep the supreme electrician from being a big threat. With the loss of permanent weather, He cannot sling around Thunder like He used to. With lackluster defensive typing, He cannot easily switch into many attacks. However, the biggest obstacle in Electric Arceus's road to checking threats is Groudon's new Primal Reversion. Because of this metagame-defining Pokémon, He cannot fit into teams as easily as He used to. Nevertheless, Electric Arceus is still a threat, and with proper team support He can punch some holes in the opponent.

Calm Mind
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Judgment / Thunderbolt
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Recover
item: Zap Plate
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid / Modest

Moves
========
Calm Mind Electric Arceus is a good check to certain key threats in the tier. After a Calm Mind boost, Electric Arceus puts a major dent into any Pokémon without a resistance to Electric-type moves. Judgment is Electric Arceus's preferred STAB move, as it has a solid 100 Base Power. When boosted by STAB, Zap Plate, and possible Calm Mind boosts, Judgment can rip through many Pokémon in the tier. Thunderbolt is another option, as it has eight additional PP and a 10% chance to paralyze its target. However, compared to Judgment, Thunderbolt has ten less Base Power this generation, and this difference is quite noticeable in Generation VI. Ice Beam provides BoltBeam coverage, which is resisted by very few Pokémon in Ubers. Recover is in the final move slot so that Electric Arceus can prolong His lifespan, to assist in setup or allow Him to maintain a sweep.

Set Details
========
The given EVs maximize Electric Arceus's power and Health to allow him to take hits from Yveltal and Ho-Oh, while outspeeding opposing Base 120 Speed Pokémon. An alternate spread of 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe seems appealing, but in this fast-changing and highly volatile metagame, Arceus Electric now prefers Health above power.

Usage Tips
========
It's best to start by attacking directly with Electric Arceus, and only use Calm Mind if the opponent's Pokémon is weakened and unable to KO Electric Arceus before He does the same. If a Pokémon that effectively counters Electric Arceus, like Primal Groudon, switches in, it is best to just switch out to another threat, as He should only be used to tank attacks from certain threats that He checks. Recover should only be used when needed, or when predicting a switch against something like Yveltal.

Team Options
========
Electric Arceus has a singular weakness to Ground-type moves, so Pokémon that can take advantage of this, such as Primal Kyogre and Yveltal, along with checks to Ground-types, and Primal Groudon in particular, such as Landorus-T and Giratina-O, are useful teammates. Mixed Rayquaza is a good partner too, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can handle many of Electric Arceus's common checks. Lastly, Mega Gengar is useful for trapping and eliminating many of Electric Arceus's checks and counters, most notably Chansey, Blissey, and weakened Excadrill. Most non-Ground-type teammates appreciate Electric Arceus's immunity to Thunder Wave, making Him a useful teammate to them as well.

Other Options
########
Electric Arceus has access to a few other viable moves that He can utilize. Thunder can be used over Judgment for more power, but the nerf to weather makes the move unreliable. Focus Blast can be used to deal with a few checks, such as Dialga, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Ferrothorn, but it is just as unreliable as Thunder is. Electric Arceus can attempt to run a support set, but His lackluster defensive typing, which provides Him with resistances to only Electric-, Flying-, and Steel-type attacks, makes Him less viable for such a role, and another Arceus type should be run if a support set is required. It is, however, the only Arceus able to switch into Yveltal in a pinch while simultaneously being a great Palkia check. Substitute can be used instead of Recover to block Arceus from status conditions like Bad Poison and Burn, but He loses out on much-needed recovery.

Checks & Counters
########
**Primal Groudon**: Primal Groudon can easily take an Ice Beam and return heavy damage with Precipice Blades. He is separated from the rest of the Ground-types due to being very metagame-defining and appearing on almost every team.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Ground-types that can switch in on Judgment and take an Ice Beam easily serve as excellent checks, as they can either set up or retaliate with Earthquake. Examples include Excadrill, Quagsire, Ground Arceus, Groudon, and Gastrodon.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn can easily tank Electric Arceus's common moves, damage Him with Toxic or Leech Seed, and set entry hazards.

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Clefable, Xerneas, and Sylveon are all bulky Fairy-types that cannot be immediately one-hit knocked out, provide some sort of support through Wish or Aromatherapy, and can poison Electric Arceus with Toxic. Furthermore, Xerneas can even phaze out Electric Arceus with Roar.

**Blissey**: Blissey, with her high HP and Special Defense stats, can easily take all of Electric Arceus's moves and stall Him out with a combination of Toxic and Soft-Boiled.

**Dialga**: Dialga can take both Judgment and Ice Beam fairly easily and either retaliate with Toxic or phaze Him out with Roar or Dragon Tail.

**Mega Tyranitar**: With its high Special Defense, which is further boosted by the sand it summons, Mega Tyranitar can wall Electric Arceus without the rare Focus Blast.

**Giratina**: Giratina has a high HP stat and above average defenses, meaning that it can tank any move from Electric Arceus with relative ease, even a boosted Ice Beam, and phaze Him out.

**Mega Charizard X**: It's not a good idea to switch Mega Charizard X in on a boosted attack, but if it manages to nab a Dragon Dance, it has a high chance to KO Electric Arceus with a +1 Tough Claws-boosted Flare Blitz. It can also heal off damage with Roost.

**Toxic**: Electric Arceus hates Toxic, as He will steadily lose HP and will eventually lose more that He can Recover back. Unfortunately, many Pokémon run Toxic as a filler move, meaning that Electric Arceus must be used carefully.

**Sticky Web**: Sticky Web isn't a common entry hazard, but it can slow Electric Arceus down and render Him vulnerable to faster sweepers.

Last edited:
I think this is ready for QC. The changes I made are in bold. If I did the edits wrong, or if you feel it's okay to go straight to GP, please let me know. Also, I'm desperately waiting for the last QC check on Deoxys-A, so if QC team can get to that too, I'd greatly appreciate it

I don't know how much I like the overview though, it's not bad it's just that:

and with Groudon's new Primal Reversion, He cannot fit into teams as easily as He used to. Nevertheless, Electric Arceus is still a notable threat, and should always be prepared for when building a team.
The last part irks me since you always prepare for Arceus-Electric when building a team since Primal Groudon should be on most/all competitive teams. Even then there is also CM Latis and Groundceus being a bit more popular so I don't think there is much much to prepare for in the builder. I'd rather have more downsides in the overview than upsides, this mon isn't what it used to be but you make it sound like it has just gotten a little bit worse when it's in fact almost unusable.

I don't know how much I like the overview though, it's not bad it's just that:

The last part irks me since you always prepare for Arceus-Electric when building a team since Primal Groudon should be on most/all competitive teams. Even then there is also CM Latis and Groundceus being a bit more popular so I don't think there is much much to prepare for in the builder. I'd rather have more downsides in the overview than upsides, this mon isn't what it used to be but you make it sound like it has just gotten a little bit worse when it's in fact almost unusable.
Thanks for the heads up. I edited the Overview a bit to fit His new viability. I think it's now better and more accurate.

Stats: 120 HP / 120 Atk / 120 Def / 120 SAtk / 120 SDef / 120 Spd
Abilities: Multitype (Changes the Pokémon's type to match the plate it holds)

Small nitpick, but this will be listed on-site anyway, so you can just remove this text :)

You could also mention in the Overview how it's a good check to Kyogre.

Also, I looked at the viability rankings, and there is no mention of Abomasnow there. Is it safe to remove it from C/C, or should I keep it?

how exactly is lugia an electric arceus check?
It can't switch in to Arceus, but with Multiscale it can take a +1 Judgment and either poison Him with Toxic or phaze Him with Whirlwind. I too initially questioned it, but Melee Mewtwo convinced me otherwise.

It can't switch in to Arceus, but with Multiscale it can take a +1 Judgment and either poison Him with Toxic or phaze Him with Whirlwind.
But Arceus can just Judgement it next turn, and Toxic doesn't only does 6% the first turn. I think you should remove Lugia from C&C, it can't stand up to Arceus-Electric at all. Whirlwind has no effect 1v1, and is only useful if Arceus tries to set up on you.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also, in my opinion for something to be check or a counter you should assume stealth rocks are up, therefore breaking lugia's multiscale.
edit: rip

QC rejected 1/3

I'm sorry, but there are too many red flags here to prevent me from reassigning this. The overview (as Hack noted) presented Primal Groudon as a mild inconvenience when in reality it's a death knell to Electric Arceus's competitive viability. The listed spread is max Special Attack and Speed, which is horrible considering you want this to check strong stuff like Ho-Oh and Yveltal and cannot effectively do so with that spread (Yveltal kills with Pulse + Sucker lol). You don't just use Electric Arceus to "set up and sweep;" it is a capable check to certain threats first and foremost. Also, Substitute is horrible on this and isn't even OO worthy, and listing Lugia as a check...even if SR isn't up you're getting 3HKOed. The Giratina's are pretty crappy checks too.

QC rejected 1/3

I'm sorry, but there are too many red flags here to prevent me from reassigning this. The overview (as Hack noted) presented Primal Groudon as a mild inconvenience when in reality it's a death knell to Electric Arceus's competitive viability. The listed spread is max Special Attack and Speed, which is horrible considering you want this to check strong stuff like Ho-Oh and Yveltal and cannot effectively do so with that spread (Yveltal kills with Pulse + Sucker lol). You don't just use Electric Arceus to "set up and sweep;" it is a capable check to certain threats first and foremost. Also, Substitute is horrible on this and isn't even OO worthy, and listing Lugia as a check...even if SR isn't up you're getting 3HKOed. The Giratina's are pretty crappy checks too.
Well, I just copy-pasted the original XY analysis of this mon, since Fireburn said it only needed minor edits instead of a whole rewrite. I edited the overview to even further emphasize the dominance of Primal Groudon, and I changed the set details and EV spread as necessary. If you still think it should be reassigned, that's fine, but I'm just trying to follow everyone's advice at once, and it can get pretty confusing at times. I apologize if it's not up to standards.

I think you should mention Earth Power over ice beam at least in set details if not a slash. Primal Groudon is that much of a bitch. Like, Calm mind Arceus-Fairy uses Earth Power instead of flamethrower nowadays if that speaks anything. It hits Dialga and Tyranitar too.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I think Electric Arceus needs a lot bigger of a revamp. It's not something a few edits can fix.

qc rejected 2/3 to this one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)