5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Can you guys help me out?

I calibrated my ds lite 3 times and got the same results of timer0 being C7F.

I go to breed for a shiny egg and I can't match any of chatot's chatters for the past hour. Like 2 years ago I had no trouble finishing a pokemon in 10-20 minutes tops but now it seems like I'm doing something wrong.

Can you guys help me out?

I calibrated my ds lite 3 times and got the same results of timer0 being C7F.

I go to breed for a shiny egg and I can't match any of chatot's chatters for the past hour. Like 2 years ago I had no trouble finishing a pokemon in 10-20 minutes tops but now it seems like I'm doing something wrong.
I think you need to get used to it again. Are you sure you're able to detect the chatters correctly? I feel like I'm tone deaf so just an alternative suggestion, I make sure to check after claiming the egg when I fly to victory road to catch a high level pokemon, plug those stats in the dex's stats to iv checker function, and checking if they match any of the IVs generated in frames 14-20 of the Method 5 standard seed.

I think you need to get used to it again. Are you sure you're able to detect the chatters correctly? I feel like I'm tone deaf so just an alternative suggestion, I make sure to check after claiming the egg when I fly to victory road to catch a high level pokemon, plug those stats in the dex's stats to iv checker function, and checking if they match any of the IVs generated in frames 14-20 of the Method 5 standard seed.
I'll try changing my chatter sound. I wish I could fly to victory road, but I only have 3 badges.

Beat black and black 2 on my Flash Cart, saw that RNG was only possible on retail cart. Bought Retail cart and got to the daycare part and here I am.

I'll try changing my chatter sound. I wish I could fly to victory road, but I only have 3 badges.

Beat black and black 2 on my Flash Cart, saw that RNG was only possible on retail cart. Bought Retail cart and got to the daycare part and here I am.
Oh I see, I've only attempted breeding post-e4 and never bothered trying out breeding in b2/w2 since it was only recently that it was discovered. I assume you're using black for breeding.

Oh I see, I've only attempted breeding post-e4 and never bothered trying out breeding in b2/w2 since it was only recently that it was discovered. I assume you're using black for breeding.
Yeah, I'm using the white I bought. Well, I'll switch over to Omega Ruby for a while and go at this again tonight. Thanks.

ok, i start to abuse with standard seed on my black 2, with a flawless spread on november 26, but i've missed the seed and i caught patrat 14/3/0/17/3/10 - 11/26/2012 time 18:33:14, with adamant synch lead. i can't found this spread on time finder standard seed.. what i'm wrong? the frame is 6-1-1+1=5, so 128 steps with 5 pkmns..

I'm finally getting back into B/W RNG and I was wondering if there was anything special about breeding in that game. I seem to be hitting the correct Seeds, yet I have been unable to hit the correct frame even once so far(Been 2 days). I took DS Parameters again and got the same information that I had in the first place, so I am unsure what to do.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm finally getting back into B/W RNG and I was wondering if there was anything special about breeding in that game. I seem to be hitting the correct Seeds, yet I have been unable to hit the correct frame even once so far(Been 2 days). I took DS Parameters again and got the same information that I had in the first place, so I am unsure what to do.
If you didn't hit the correct frame, which frame did you get?

to abuse wild pkmn with sweet scent, i missed my spread 31/31/31/31/31/31 12/19/12 09:47:12 time0: 110C, is there a method to verify wich seed i hit?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
to abuse wild pkmn with sweet scent, i missed my spread 31/31/31/31/31/31 12/19/12 09:47:12 time0: 110C, is there a method to verify wich seed i hit?
• Catch a Pokémon and check it's spread (IVs, nature, characteristic, ability, gender, etc.), then use the adjacents tab to see if those were expected on any "nearby" seeds.
• Use the Chatot pitches / Roamer locations to compare with neighbouring seeds (again, I believe this is in the adjacents tab).

for b/w2 I have to start the game 1 second before the target time? with rng reporter 9.96.6?
a japanese synch works on my italian game?
oh, i haven't released any roamers.. i have only 2 badges

Last edited:
i have caught various pokemon at Floccesy ranch, but i never get the same spread, but i've started the game at date/time given from rngreporter, i press the keys just started the game and quickly use sweet scent but the pokemon that i get has always different ivs...

and where can i found the encounter slots?

.com

Grumpy old man
i have caught various pokemon at Floccesy ranch, but i never get the same spread, but i've started the game at date/time given from rngreporter, i press the keys just started the game and quickly use sweet scent but the pokemon that i get has always different ivs...

and where can i found the encounter slots?
For the last part: Encounter slots are here (thanks shiny finder).

For the first part, allow me to quote the first post of this thread:
First Post said:
If you are asking for help, these are questions you need to be answering in your post. Posts asking for help without following these rules will be ignored.
  • Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using. If you are not using the latest version, don't ask questions until you do.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
  • How did you verify your seed?
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
Without this information, all anyone can do is just regurgitate the information in the guides.

will be ignored.
  • Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using. If you are not using the latest version, don't ask questions until you do.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
  • How did you verify your seed?
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
1) i use rngreporter 9.96.6
2) i'm trying to capture an adamant flawless riolu at Floccesy Ranch
3) my target seed is 519A0C0720BDE8DC 12/25/2014 - 22:03:42 - Key: Right+X and frame 1 (because i don't know how advances it, and i get always different spreads at each abuse). The delay for standard seed abuse there isn't, and my MAC Adress is 23CCCED468 i use a nintendo ds lite with black 2 ITA.
4) with the ivs, that are always different, at each abuse/softreset.
5) i have only 2 badges so i can't see the exact ivs, but the encounter slot/nature/gender/ability is always different, so i understand that there are some factors that advances the IVFrame or PIDFrame. However in my area there aren't NPCs.

.com

Grumpy old man
1) i use rngreporter 9.96.6
2) i'm trying to capture an adamant flawless riolu at Floccesy Ranch
3) my target seed is 519A0C0720BDE8DC 12/25/2014 - 22:03:42 - Key: Right+X and frame 1 (because i don't know how advances it, and i get always different spreads at each abuse). The delay for standard seed abuse there isn't, and my MAC Adress is 23CCCED468 i use a nintendo ds lite with black 2 ITA.
4) with the ivs, that are always different, at each abuse/softreset.
5) i have only 2 badges so i can't see the exact ivs, but the encounter slot/nature/gender/ability is always different, so i understand that there are some factors that advances the IVFrame or PIDFrame. However in my area there aren't NPCs.
If you are loading up the game and immediately sweet scenting, then nothing is advancing the IV RNG. Similarly, if there are no NPCs in the area, it's highly unlikely something is advancing the PID RNG.

Timer0s tend to vary (quite wildly) in Gen 5, and in particular Black 2 and White 2 abuse.

A few more questions:
  • How did you calibrate for your console? (If you didn't, please go read that part of the guide and do so.)
If you did:
  • What Timer0 range / VCount / VFrame did you find?
  • Are you checking the results you do get against a few different Timer0's, rather than just the one?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I used to RNG a ton, but I haven't in a while.
What is the easiest way currently to check your SID in BW?
If you still have the same save file from when you RNG'd, the SID should still be in your profile.

If you need to find it again, with Pokecheck's death, the best ways are either using an AR code in Gen V to view it, or transfer a Pokemon that originated from the save to Gen VI and check it via PkHex.

Maybe 3rd gen rng dulled my rng knowledge

Are the steps to BW1 egg rng correct?
1. Put parents in daycare
2. Generate egg ans save in front of the man
3. Find seed
4. Find initial PIDFrame
5. Do PIDframe - Frame advancement
6. Pick up eggs
Is it typical for the PID to advance more than two if you immediately take the egg from the man?
Does the PIDFrame advance everytime you close the menu ?

For example I went for a Frame of 52 that had a initial frame of 50 and did no advancement to get the correct egg.

Edit: The only thing that keep happening in Timer0 sometimes goes from C7F-C7F, sometimes

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Maybe 3rd gen rng dulled my rng knowledge

Are the steps to BW1 egg rng correct?

Is it typical for the PID to advance more than two if you immediately take the egg from the man?
Does the PIDFrame advance everytime you close the menu ?

For example I went for a Frame of 52 that had a initial frame of 50 and did no advancement to get the correct egg.

Edit: The only thing that keep happening in Timer0 sometimes goes from C7F-C7F, sometimes

Thanks in advance
Steps are correct, but there are moving NPC's outside the daycare. It's just a matter of trial and error to see how many advancements you need to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)