Project The Next Best Thing

it was because staryu is boring and i want pancham

you're not late, i'm just invoking tier leader privilege
Usually in a scenario like this (in real life but also in virtual community), I ask to people what I prefer/I would like about. You could suggest me next pokemon and I would be happy to follow you. I would have just chosen Pancham, just ORAS will be OK.

Never mind, I'll change image and I'll archive Staryu's set.

Posting sets deadline: 19th November 4 PM EST

Last edited:
Voting Pancham's Pancham (lol) because Bulk Up Pancham is a cool sweeper :]

(But I really liked WildHope's set too, it looked like fun to use as a new mon on voltturn)

Wildhope's is definitely the better set. Pancham doesn't outclass Timburr without Mach Punch, js.

Also it's like one of the best pivots in the game

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
wildhope

i agree with boo, i'd go timburr if i wanted bulk up. And slashing parting shot in a set that has bulk up is weird. Pancham's best set is as a pivot with parting shot and knock off and gunk shot allowing you to break through fairies and helping teammates set up, with drain punch to keep healthy.

set shouldn't have iron fist as a slash though, mold breaker is much more beneficial

Adam Lampert is the winner with his BulkUp Pancham.

I'm probably going to suspend this thread down and I will reopen it two week around after ORAS is out and implemented on the server. So appointment to 7th December for next mon (with Pancham too?)

Last edited:

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Skrelp has a great defensive typing but what really hold it back from being a defensive Pokémon is its lack of recovery however Rest kind of fixes that. Scald is a STAB that hits hard thanks to Adaptability and can spread burns, Sludge Wave is also another cool STAB that hits hard too. Nothing special.

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Skrelp @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Icy Wind

My LO Icy Wind set, I've explained it before in this post

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Skrelp @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cuter than yaguras. also tspikes are actually rlly fckin good if u dont have a croagunk.

Skrelp @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Venoshock
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Basically, you use one of the many switches Skrelp forces to set up Toxic Spikes, and then begin OHKOing everything with Adaptability Venoshock. Everything else is pretty standard.

topkek (Skrelp) @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt / Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

196+ SpA Life Orb Skrelp Hidden Power Psychic vs. 132 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Croagunk: 26-31 (113 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ferro walls you I guess, but you lure out Croagunk and kill it which is super nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)