Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

I was looking at the Smogon builds for Rayquaza and it says to have a Jolly nature. As long as the IVs are good, would it be better for it to have the extra speed or extra attack?

I don't know where AG sub forum is so i apoligize for that. Anyways i caught a Jolly Rayquaza w/ 30 IV's in HP ATK DEF and SPD. 13 in SP.A and 29 in SP.D. Stats at level 70 248HP, 236ATK, 152DEF, 201SP.A, 151SP.A and 174SPD. Is this satasfactory?

I don't know where AG sub forum is so i apoligize for that. Anyways i caught a Jolly Rayquaza w/ 30 IV's in HP ATK DEF and SPD. 13 in SP.A and 29 in SP.D. Stats at level 70 248HP, 236ATK, 152DEF, 201SP.A, 151SP.A and 174SPD. Is this satasfactory?
Its IVs are 30-31/30-31/30-31/13-14/29/30-31 if the speed IVs are 31 (you should see the speed reaching 178 after you give it 16 peed EV) it's excellent :)

Its IVs are 30-31/30-31/30-31/13-14/29/30-31 if the speed IVs are 31 (you should see the speed reaching 178 after you give it 16 peed EV) it's excellent :)
I used the iv checker in battle resor he says he defense and speed can't be beat so I guess it's 31 he 30 at 13-14 spa 29 sad and 31 speed. So this one's a keeper?

These are statistics for Rayquaza, not Mega Rayquaza. I think Adamant on Mega Rayquaza is as viable as Jolly, the extra attack is really nice and 329 speed is already good, you have Extreme Speed for faster things.
Is a 329 speed stat high enough to match other XY Ubers - even though it is technically AG? If the extra attack is more useful than the boost in speed than I need to breed myself an Adamant Synchronizer

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Got this after around 300 resets:

IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 30
Nature: Jolly
Poke Ball:

Honestly, I'm pretty tired of SRing this one (mostly due to the cutscenes), so I'll just ask it here: is it worth it to keep this one or is fully invested base 90 Speed too relevant to ignore?

edit: i'mma dummy rip, forgot ray was 95, definitely keeping this

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Honestly, I'm pretty tired of SRing this one (mostly due to the cutscenes), so I'll just ask it here: is it worth it to keep this one or is fully invested base 90 Speed too relevant to ignore?
It's fine to keep it as is IMO, it would probably take you another 500-600 resets, so i would settle for the set.

Poke Ball:

Now that is painful

Base 90 is an insanely common speed tier in ubers though...
I am SRing Rayquaza right now and tbh im settling for 27+/31/25+/x/25+/31

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Poke Ball:

I would definitely keep as an SD Ray. Because Ray is base 95, you can work the EVs to make up for its 1 lost in Speed. If you are battling at level 50, it shouldn't matter anyhow. Grats on the catch :)
Edit:
Base 90 is an insanely common speed tier in ubers though...
Ray is base 95 actually, so it is a lot less of an issue that it has 1 less Speed IV than normal. The only Uber it shares with is Kyurem-W, who Rayquaza probably shouldn't stay in on anyways unless it is in E-Speed range.

Mild 31/31/31/30/31/31 Latios

Sychronize failed unfortunately. Should I keep it? Maybe I can try something like mixed DD Mega Latios since I'm sure that set doesnt need the max speed and appreciates the power.

I got a Timid Latias after about 20 resets on Southern Island, 30 / 31 / 28 / 27, 29 / 31 / 31. Oddly enough, almost every single one had that 31 in Attack.
Do I keep this one?

I got a Timid Latias after about 20 resets on Southern Island, 30 / 31 / 28 / 27, 29 / 31 / 31. Oddly enough, almost every single one had that 31 in Attack.
Do I keep this one?
Of course.

Caught a Adamant Rayquaza, 20-21 / 31 / 23-24 / 26-27 / 31 / 31, should I keep it?

I'm truly tired of soft resetting kyogre... if I were to kill him now can I catch him later on after defeating the E4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)