Resource Little Cup Team Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Alright, so the team is built around Shredder's request, Munchlax. Munchlax has issues with Fighting-types so Spritzee is a nice partner; plus, Spritzee provides the team with much-needed Wish support. The first two Pokemon already scream STALL, so the dynamic of the team shifts to that of bulky Pokemon that can check each other's weaknesses. Hippopotas checks Steel-, Poison- and physical Fire-types, as well as provides Stealth Rock for the squad. Staryu rids the field of hazards, allowing Pokemon to be switched in repeatedly, while checking Fire-types, Croagunk, Skrelp and providing the team with a status absorber, should Spritzee not be able to heal the team. Ferroseed just stacks hazard upon hazard, annoying foes with Knock Off and Thunder Wave; it also completes the staple FerroSpritz + Hippo core. Ponyta rounds of the team as a faster, bulky Pokemon, checking Pawniard and cripple opposing physical attackers. Like most Stall teams, it's quite solid, and there's a check for almost ever Pokemon in the metagame. The main focus is simply to force the opponent into repeatedly switching and being beaten down by Stealth Rock and Spikes, with Ponyta and Staryu acting as reliable "cleaners" should the need arise. Thanks to Corporal Levi and Obvious Power for helping with the team.

Also, blizzardy, we've been working on your team, but I'm not sure how none of us feel well-versed enough in Hyper Offense to comfortably post it. If it's not posted sometime within this week, feel free to bug me to no end.

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Pursuit

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I heard complaints about this thread's title being too similar to the Teambuilding Workshops.

If anybody has an idea for a thread title, pm me. Otherwise it's going to stay as this.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello, Rowan sent me here after I asked for a Numel team in the LC Room on PS!.

Could I please have an LC team with Numel? I was looking at Simple and it looks like it would work alongside Growth, Rock Polish / Flame Charge etc :).

I'd like a hazard-setting volt/turn team with a strong late game cleaner, please. I've tried to build this myself, and I'm not incredibly satisfied with my creation. Though, I will say that I am loving scarfed mienfoo in that cleaning role. Thanks in advance.

doomsday doink

Hey guys, just a quick update regarding the requests. As many of you may know, exams have pretty much taken over everyone's lives this week, so I seriously doubt that we'll be able to get to too many requests this week. However, I've checked in with everybody involved with the Team Shop and we should begin pumping out teams starting next week, once exams are all wrapped up.

As suggsted by ApplepieFTW this is a team that Eren Yeagar and I built with Ponyta, Chinchou and a Fighting-type. We settled on Mienfoo because it's the best fighting type because it can form a solid mini Voltturn core with Chinchou, there is also Archen with its ability to threaten Fighting-types and the whole offensive pressure that it does, it has U-turn for voltturn support too. Then we found out that a hazards control mon is necessary with two rocks weak mons in Ponyta and Archen and the fact that Voltturn mons love to switch in and out so we chose Drilbur because it can spin hazards away and can also deal with Poison-types, Chinchou, and Magnemite. Lastly, we found out that Drilbur and also Chinchou can be problematic so Pumpkaboo was the one to go with.

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 56 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge / Toxic

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 40 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Shadow Sneak

doomsday doink

Joltage's request for VoltTurn with Scarf Mienfoo. Porygon checks pretty much everything in the metagame right now, bar Fighting-types, and acts as bulkier pivot for the team. Chinchou is the Volt portion of VolTurn. Vullaby is a slow pivot with Knock Off to soften up foes for Mienfoo to come in later and clean up. Larvesta is another standard of VoltTurn, checking Fighting-types and pivoting in and out. Mienfoo is the clean-up crew and hits everything hard with Reckless High Jump Kick. Drilbur sets Stealth Rock, fulfilling your "hazard setting" request, and also removes hazards to benefit the turners, especially Larvesta. Shoutout to Corporal Levi for being a babe.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Recover

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Acrobatics

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 156 Atk / 116 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Here is Brazilian Army's request for a stall team with Chespin and Toxic Spikes. I used defensive Chespin so it could better pull its weight as a defensive Pokemon. Spikes or Bulk Up are both acceptable options because Spikes doesn't pair well with Defog, but the team already has a win condition outside of Chespin so Bulk Up isn't necessary either. From there, Trubbish was chosen as the Toxic Spikes user because of its good survivability, as well as checking Mienfoo. Stall teams don't like having too many hazards on their side, so I used defensive Archen to Defog and to check Fletchling. Gothita is almost a mandatory partner for Toxic Spikes to trap and KO Toxic Spikes absorbers; I considered a Rest + Calm Mind set, but decided that Toxic Spikes would be enough to break the stalemate against other defensive teams. Ponyta was added to check a variety of threats, including Pawniard, which is troublesome for a team with Defog; Fire-types, especially Will-O-Wisp users; Pumpkaboo, which burns and walls the rest of the team otherwise; and Fairy-types, because Trubbish's Gunk Shot is unreliable and has low PP. After that, I chose Timburr to further check Pawniard, as well as revenge-kill Omanyte and act as an overall great win condition for the team.

Chespin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes / Bulk Up
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Synthesis

STARMASTER (Trubbish) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Archen @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

blizzardy sorry that took so long but here's the team
This team was to be built around Chinchou and Doduo. Given how Doduo is mostly used as an offensive Pokemon, I decided to use a less stallish Chinchou set; I planned this to be a priority heavy team, so Choice Scarf Chinchou didn't seem necessary, relegating the set to a Berry Juice support set. I decided to use Hidden Power Fire as a filler option to lure in and KO or at least heavily weaken Ferroseed early on; otherwise, this is a fairly standard Berry Juice Chinchou set. Doduo was the next member of the team to be suggested, so I chose the fairly standard wallbreaker set, with Hidden Power Fighting to lure in and KO or at least heavily weaken Pawniard. Doduo works wonderfully as a member of a Birdspam core, so Fletchling was an easy choice. Steel Wing was used to pop Archen's Berry Juice on the switch and KO it after Stealth Rock followed by Acrobatics the second time around, while the rest of the set is fairly standard. I then added Diglett to easily take down a number of impediments to the bird core, such as opposing Chinchou, while also setting up Stealth Rock, which is pretty much mandatory for offensive teams. Substitute may seem silly with Focus Sash, but I do not expect Diglett to be maintaining its Sash for very long because often, Archen won't be able to get a Defog off, so Substitute can help to deal with Pawniard's Sucker Punch. Alternatively, Diglett's own Sucker Punch could be used to just pick off weakened Choice Scarf users or opposing Diglett. Defog is still a nice move to have because of dual (and now triple) birds, though, and Archen is also able to check opposing Fletchling. Knock Off is there for Archen to KO Pawniard and Chinchou switch-ins with a combination of Knock Off and Earthquake, while also getting rid of Eviolites from Spritzee, Porygon and other bulky walls should they decide not to switch in on Doduo. Mixed priority Croagunk isn't seen very often anymore, but it's being used in this team to revenge-kill a large number of threats that could otherwise be difficult to deal with, such as Omanyte and Sturdyjuice Tirtouga. Gunk Shot is just there because it deals a lot of damage, and 14 Spe is hit to outspeed standard 13 Spe Fletchling. Thanks to Mambo and Yagura for the help
Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Heal Bell

Doduo @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 236 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 23 HP / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Steel Wing
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Fries (Diglett) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute / Sucker Punch

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Defog

Croagunk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 188 Atk / 108 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 3 HP
- Vacuum Wave
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Last edited:

doomsday doink

This is chimpact's "flame body ponyta/mini volc" core. As that implies, Ponyta and Larvesta are the focal point of the team. Both Pokemon are rather standard sets, with the only unique aspect being Acrobatics on Larvesta. Staryu spins away Stealth Rock to help out the Fire-types and also checks opposing Water-types and Ground-types. The latter three Pokemon form two separate cores, with the first being FerroSpritz and the second being PorySpritz. Both check a lot of the same things, but individually they have different weaknesses covered by the other. It's a tad bit weak to Diglett, and therefore FletchDig, but the stall-ish cores can handle it rather well and it can be played around. Everything you may dislike was added by Obvious Power. Shoutout to Corporal Levi for somehow holding the building session together.
Ponyta @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Morning Sun

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Pancham your team is next

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a need for a sunkern team to add to my collection of highly respected teams. Humor me plz

Reactions: Oma
I'd like to see a stall or semistall or bulky offense or anything not named HO team built around a double Fairy core of Snubbull+Spritzee. The two of then have fairly different checks that aren't named Pawniard, and I think its a fairly neat concept.

Oh and Trident Layers suck tbh.

I'd like to see a stall or semistall or bulky offense or anything not named HO team built around a double Fairy core of Snubbull+Spritzee. The two of then have fairly different checks that aren't named Pawniard, and I think its a fairly neat concept.

Oh and Trident Layers suck tbh.
Just curious, how do they have different checks? Any Fire-, Poison-, or Steel-type is checking both of them other than a couple that fear Earthquake, but the majority can easily check both. Even something like Ponyta that's weak to Earthquake still checks Snubbull, while a ton of these types of pokemon aren't even weak to it such as Larvesta, Gastly, Foongus and Ferroseed. I honestly cant think of a pokemon that checks Snubbull and not Spritzee other than Porygon kinda doing that with Trace Intimidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)