Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
if you breed a male and a female Sandile (or anything really), the female determines the ability, as you probably knew. However, the ability is not guaranteed to be inherited: it 'only' has an 80% chance to be passed down (60% in the case of a hidden ability), so that Intimidate one you hatched was one of the other 20% :)
I figured as much, but the extra clarification is awesome. Thank you!

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Hello! Back with another question about breeding.

I have a male Ferroseed with destiny knot, passing down IV's in HP, Attack, Def and SpD. Then I have a female with a power anklet passing down it's awful speed (for gyro ball) and I need to get a relaxed Ferroseed.

Is there any recommendation anyone has on getting one of my relaxed natured Ferroseed's nature passed down, whilst keeping the low speed and the 4IV's in the other stats? Because if I remove either one, I lose the destiny knot or the power anklet by placing in a Relaxed with an ever stone.

Hello! Back with another question about breeding.

I have a male Ferroseed with destiny knot, passing down IV's in HP, Attack, Def and SpD. Then I have a female with a power anklet passing down it's awful speed (for gyro ball) and I need to get a relaxed Ferroseed.

Is there any recommendation anyone has on getting one of my relaxed natured Ferroseed's nature passed down, whilst keeping the low speed and the 4IV's in the other stats? Because if I remove either one, I lose the destiny knot or the power anklet by placing in a Relaxed with an ever stone.
You don't need any of the Power items for breeding, just use a Destiny Knot and an Everstone. (on the one who has the nature you want to pass down) Destiny Knot will pass 5 IV's down from either parent chosen at random, so it's just a matter of time before you get that desired 0 Speed IV.

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
You don't need any of the Power items for breeding, just use a Destiny Knot and an Everstone. (on the one who has the nature you want to pass down) Destiny Knot will pass 5 IV's down from either parent chosen at random, so it's just a matter of time before you get that desired 0 Speed IV.
Hmm... So if I remove the power anklet and put in a six iv, destiny knot ditto, with a relaxed everstone ferroseed, I can just keep breeding until I end up with five IV's in everything but speed?

Hmm... So if I remove the power anklet and put in a six iv, destiny knot ditto, with a relaxed everstone ferroseed, I can just keep breeding until I end up with five IV's in everything but speed?
You could... But it might be easier to have a spitback Relaxed Ferroseed with a Speed IV of 0 and perfect in at least a couple other places and then breed with a 6IV Ditto (or even a Trick Room Ditto with 0 Speed IV) so that you can get that 0 Speed IV onto what you want. Don't forget that you need to breed Leech Seed and Spikes (if you don't wish to spend the Battle Points to tutor Stealth Rock onto it, which can also be bred onto it) in order to have the moves on it. (Ferrothorn loves setting up either hazard and greatly appreciates Leech Seed to provide some recovery outside of Leftovers)

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
You could... But it might be easier to have a spitback Relaxed Ferroseed with a Speed IV of 0 and perfect in at least a couple other places and then breed with a 6IV Ditto (or even a Trick Room Ditto with 0 Speed IV) so that you can get that 0 Speed IV onto what you want. Don't forget that you need to breed Leech Seed and Spikes (if you don't wish to spend the Battle Points to tutor Stealth Rock onto it, which can also be bred onto it) in order to have the moves on it. (Ferrothorn loves setting up either hazard and greatly appreciates Leech Seed to provide some recovery outside of Leftovers)
I hate to ask, but would you mind explaining what a spitback 'Mon is? And yeah, thanks for the advice! That's what I intend on running, along with 252hp and 252SpD, then the other four will probably go into Def?

Do you know where Groudon will respawn? I knock it out during the story because the scene was too long for soft reset but after defeat the elite four two time now i can't find it anywhere. Looking in both Seaflour Cavern and Cave of Origin but nothing there

Do you know where Groudon will respawn? I knock it out during the story because the scene was too long for soft reset but after defeat the elite four two time now i can't find it anywhere. Looking in both Seaflour Cavern and Cave of Origin but nothing there
It's in the same location you fought it before. You just have to take the shortcut to the left that was previously blocked off by rocks. Save before going out of there into Groudon's chamber if you intend to use Capture Power, the PokeNav Plus is useless in that next room.

Is there a place where I can download all the Pokemon cries including Megas? I know showdown has all the cries but I can't find a place to download them from

How exactly are battle videos saved for the cartridge games? I switched from using one 3DS to another and found that it didn't have any of my old battle videos (obviously, the ones I've uploaded online will still be there if I look them up; I'm talking about the ones I've saved but haven't uploaded). If I switch the game back to the other 3DS, will it have all of my old battle videos on it? Or will I just lose the ones I've saved on the new 3DS, without having access to any of the ones for the other 3DS either?

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
How exactly are battle videos saved for the cartridge games? I switched from using one 3DS to another and found that it didn't have any of my old battle videos (obviously, the ones I've uploaded online will still be there if I look them up; I'm talking about the ones I've saved but haven't uploaded). If I switch the game back to the other 3DS, will it have all of my old battle videos on it? Or will I just lose the ones I've saved on the new 3DS, without having access to any of the ones for the other 3DS either?
I believe your Battle Videos are saved directly onto your SD Card, so it should be a simple matter of transferring one SD from one unit to another.

Hi guys im new to all of this iv thing may i know how to check them?

im currently SR for a bold latias in the storyline of alpha sapphire
Is it possible to know the IVs without level up or giving them vitamin?

Sorry for my poor english.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi guys im new to all of this iv thing may i know how to check them?

im currently SR for a bold latias in the storyline of alpha sapphire
Is it possible to know the IVs without level up or giving them vitamin?

Sorry for my poor english.
Hello Miragod and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, you do not have access to the character who checks IVs until you have finished the game. This means you have to calculate the IVs manually yourself if you're doing the story mode Latias. Thankfully, there are many IV calculators online. I recommend MetalKid's IV Calculator as that is the most accurate in my opinion. The trick is to enter the base stats at level 30 in the first line, then apply EVs using Super Training and enter the new stats on the second line (make sure you enter the correct EVs alongside the stats). Repeat this several times until you get a definitive answer for each stat.

Here's a photo of me doing it for my Latias:

To save yourself time, only check the stats with the IV calculator if the stats in the summary screen look promising. For example, a Timid Latias with all perfect stats would be: (I use this site to calculate these things)

HP: 97
Atk: 55
Def: 68
SpA: 80
SpD: 92
Spd: 88

Hope this help, and good luck with your soft resetting!

Hello Miragod and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, you do not have access to the character who checks IVs until you have finished the game. This means you have to calculate the IVs manually yourself if you're doing the story mode Latias. Thankfully, there are many IV calculators online. I recommend MetalKid's IV Calculator as that is the most accurate in my opinion. The trick is to enter the base stats at level 30 in the first line, then apply EVs using Super Training and enter the new stats on the second line (make sure you enter the correct EVs alongside the stats). Repeat this several times until you get a definitive answer for each stat.

Here's a photo of me doing it for my Latias:

To save yourself time, only check the stats with the IV calculator if the stats in the summary screen look promising. For example, a Timid Latias with all perfect stats would be: (I use this site to calculate these things)

HP: 97
Atk: 55
Def: 68
SpA: 80
SpD: 92
Spd: 88

Hope this help, and good luck with your soft resetting!
I understand how it works now. Thank you!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do any Pokémon in the Battle Maison have any EVs? I'm trying to come up with a strategy to beat Nita's Genie team.
Yes, Pokemon in the Maison have EVs. If you check this list you'll notice that after the move listings there is a mentioning of stats (eg: SpA/Spd etc.). Any Pokemon with two stats listed has them maxed at 252 each. If there are 3 stats listed, they have an even distribution of 170 each.

As for strategies to beat Nita / genies, Focus Sash Cloyster can set up with Shell Smash and sweep her team with Icicle Spear (barring confusion/evasion hax from lead Tornadus)

Yes, Pokemon in the Maison have EVs. If you check this list you'll notice that after the move listings there is a mentioning of stats (eg: SpA/Spd etc.). Any Pokemon with two stats listed has them maxed at 252 each. If there are 3 stats listed, they have an even distribution of 170 each.

As for strategies to beat Nita / genies, Focus Sash Cloyster can set up with Shell Smash and sweep her team with Icicle Spear (barring confusion/evasion hax from lead Tornadus)
My plan was to Talonflame Brave Bird the Tornadus, switch into a sacrifice and have Weavile Ice Punch OHKO the rest. Just saw that Tornadus annoyingly has full HP; which makes Brave Bird a 31% kill chance... I suppose there isn't much Tornadus can do back and I could finish it off with an Ice Shard.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
My plan was to Talonflame Brave Bird the Tornadus, switch into a sacrifice and have Weavile Ice Punch OHKO the rest. Just saw that Tornadus annoyingly has full HP; which makes Brave Bird a 31% kill chance... I suppose there isn't much Tornadus can do back and I could finish it off with an Ice Shard.
Her team order is randomised so there's no guarantee what her lead will be so don't plan for it that way. I remember the first time I battled her I thought I could set up a Belly Drum with Azumarill and sweep but she lead with Thundurus :( That's why Cloyster is the go-to 'mon as it can set up on all 3. My most recent team (D-bond Sharpedo / Scarf Hydra / Swords Dance Aegi) handled her pretty easily too. M-Kang also handles the whole Maison her pretty well, just make sure you have a ghost type to switch into Lando's Focus Blast

Her team order is randomised so there's no guarantee what her lead will be so don't plan for it that way. I remember the first time I battled her I thought I could set up a Belly Drum with Azumarill and sweep but she lead with Thundurus :( That's why Cloyster is the go-to 'mon as it can set up on all 3. My most recent team (D-bond Sharpedo / Scarf Hydra / Swords Dance Aegi) handled her pretty easily too. M-Kang also handles her pretty well, just make sure you have a ghost type to switch into Lando's Focus Blast
Well yeah but that's what the sacrifice is for. I'll lead with Weavile, OHKO if she leads with Thundurus or Landorus, then switch to sacrifice when she inevitably brings in Tornadus next turn so I can bring in Talonflame.
If she leads with Tornadus, I'll switch into sacrifice so I can bring in Talonflame. Thing is I don't wanna be breeding anything completely new just for the maison, especially if I won't be able to use it in actual matches competitively.

Whenever I go into the Nameless Cavern in ORAS, neither Azelf, Mesprit, nor Uxie appear, no matter what time in-game it is. Could someone please tell me what I have to do to make these Pokemon appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)