move 3: Flash Cannon / Psychic
move 4: Earthquake/Stealth Rock
ability: Levitate
item: Berry Juice
evs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
nature: Careful

Moves
========

Recycle allows for Berry Juice to be reused, which is, yeah, amazing recovery.
Bronzor is one of the few Pokemon in Little Cup that can pull off Toxic due to its amazing bulk.
Earthquake deals with the trapper Magnemite.
Stealth Rock can get an almost guaranteed set up with Bronzor due to Bronzor's great defensive bulk.
Flash Cannon is the STAB of choice since it deals super effective damage to Dwebble and takes out Murkrow's substitutes. I would say it deals with Fairies effectively, but both Spritzee and Flabebe can set up on Bronzor with Calm Mind.
4 SpA Bronzor Flash Cannon vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 8-12 (29.6 - 44.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO
4 SpA Bronzor Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Flabebe: 8-12 (33.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Set Details
========

The EVs are very spread out so that Bronzor can accommodate the variety of situations it is sure to encounter. Berry Juice is a great item that will heal Bronzor for 4/5 of its total health. Levitate is almost always chosen over Heatproof because of the switch in value. You could pretend that your Bronzor has Levitate and run Heatproof, but this doesn't work as well as you might believe. Careful nature reduces Calm Mind's effectiveness, but accentuates Bronzor's special defense stat while still allowing it to deal with Magnemite.

Usage Tips
========
Bronzor's primary role has always been to set up Stealth Rock.
With this generation, Bronzor gets extra healing with Berry Juice, but gains two weaknesses to Ghost and Dark. This drastically reduces Bronzor's walling capabilities, but it still has a niche as a late game tank.
Earthquake can turn the tables on Magnemite, allowing Bronzor to effectively counter it.
Time your Recycles effectively to get maximum longevity out of Bronzor.
By using Recycle effectively, Bronzor might prompt rage switches, which if predicted effectively, can turn the tide of battle in your favor.
Primary damage output in this set comes from Toxic propagated by your Recycled longevity, don't forget this and try to deal lots of damage with Flash Cannon, it won't work.

Team Options
========

Pokemon with Flash Fire like Ponyta and Houndour can take super effective fire hits baited by Bronzor.
Normal type Pokemon can take Shadow Balls at no damage for Bronzor.
Chinchou is a good team mate, since it can take Flare Blitzes and Wild Charges.
Murkrow is a good team mate because of the dark typing resistances and all around amazing stats.
Counters to Dwebble on your team, such as Pancham or Mienfoo will appreciate a 25% hit to the opposing Dwebble's health due to Stealth Rock.
Bronzor can run a dual screens set, but the accommodation of Light Clay in the item slot is too great a sacrifice to make writing a set about it viable.

Other Options
########

An Eviolite Bronzor is a possibility, but Berry Juice Bronzor vastly outranks it due to the Rock gets set up since Misdreavus and Ponyta wouldn't be able to one-hit-KO it most of survivability. The only good reason to run an Eviolite set would be to ensure that Stealth the time.
236 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 220 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Ponyta Flare Blitz vs. 220 HP / 68 Def Eviolite Bronzor: 20-26 (80 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
If you're running Bronzor, you should have counters to these anyway, so the extra bulk doesn't matter too much.
A Berry Juice set with Calm Mind and Psychic replacing Earthquake/Stealth Rock and Toxic is possible, but Bronzor will get easily walled by Magnemite and physical attackers and you will miss out on easy Stealth Rock set up opportunities.
Bronzor can set up Trick Room for your team.
Bronzor's speed can get low enough to roll off an effective Gyro Ball.
You can use Heatproof as an ability instead of Levitate if you think your opponent won't expect that.

Checks & Counters
########

Mold Breaker Drilbur negates Levitate and one hit KOs Bronzor.
Ponyta and Larvesta can one hit KO Bronzor with Flare Blitz.
Gastly and Misdreavus can one hit KO Bronzor with Shadow Ball.
Be wary against threats that learn Sucker Punch, such as Pawniard, Houndour, and Murkrow.
Croagunk can easily wall Bronzor and deal massive damage with Drain Punch.
Abra can 2 Hit KO Berry Juice Bronzor.
Bronzor can tank against against Dwebble, and deal reasonable damage with Flash Cannon.
Bronzor one hit KOs Magnemite with Earthquake.

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
C&P'd from the previous thread

Overview:
- Mention Bronzor's weakness to Knock Off and how that hampers its Berry Juice + Recycle capabilities
- "You can only choose one ability" doesn't need to be included because it's common knowledge
- Maybe mention how Steel-type was nerfed in XY, so Steel / Psychic isn't as solid as it was last generation

Moveset:
- Right now, this moveset is a carbon-copy of the BW Bronzor moveset on Smogon already, the only change being Berry Juice > Oran Berry. Even the name almost exactly the same.
- I'm not super familiar with Bronzor's role in the current meta, mainly because it's outclassed as both a defensive Steel-type and a hazards setter, so I'll leave the tweaking of this section up to my fellow QC members
- The set should probably get renamed, possibly to "Tank" or "Support"
- A negative Speed nature would benefit the moveset more

Moves:
- Magnet Pull Magnemite isn't all that common, so maybe mention how Earthquake hits the Pokemon unaffected by Toxic, as opposed to "the trapper Magnemite"
- Remove the mention of Murkrow
- Flabebe is not even slightly relevant in the metagame, so remove its mention
- Remove the calcs because they aren't proving any huge point, especially considering that Flabebe's mention is being removed

Set Details:
- That may be the vaguest explanation for EVs. Give reasons as to why the EVs are what they are. This may be a section where you include calcs, idk.
- Remove the mention of Calm Mind, as that's not even part of the set
- You seem to be really focused on beating Magnemite with Bronzor, but to be totally honest, that's not a huge deal

Usage Tips:
- Man, you really love talking about Magnemite
- Remove the mention of "rage switches"

Team Options:
- Remove mention of Murkrow
- Dwebble isn't THE hazard setter anymore, so maybe replace its mention with Ferroseed or Tirtouga
- Knock Off is a huge issue for Bronzor so teammates that can comfortably take a Knock Off or don't care either way (e.g. Trubbish or AcroFoo) are appreciated

Other Options:
- Remove mention of Misdreavus
- Remove the calcs because they are really unnecessary

Checks and Counters:
I'd recommend writing these in the final format, just so you don't have to go back later
Also, you took a weird approach to this and listed the stuff that Bronzor can beat which isn't the point of this section... This is the area where you mention the things that Bronzor cannot beat
- Remove mention of Misdreavus and Murkrow
- You have no mention of Knock Off, quite possibly the biggest reason why Bronzor has dropped in viability
- Mention Taunt users
- Include how Drilbur can also use Rapid Spin to clear away the hazards Bronzor sets
- You don't mention how Abra 2HKOes Bronzor, but I assume it's with Shadow Ball; however, Shadow Ball isn't all that common nowadays and this prevents Abra from reliably beating Bronzor

QC 1/3

Overview:
- Mention Bronzor's weakness to Knock Off and how that hampers its Berry Juice + Recycle capabilities
- "You can only choose one ability" doesn't need to be included because it's common knowledge
- Maybe mention how Steel-type was nerfed in XY, so Steel / Psychic isn't as solid as it was last generation

Moveset:
- Right now, this moveset is a carbon-copy of the BW Bronzor moveset on Smogon already, the only change being Berry Juice > Oran Berry. Even the name almost exactly the same.
- I'm not super familiar with Bronzor's role in the current meta, mainly because it's outclassed as both a defensive Steel-type and a hazards setter, so I'll leave the tweaking of this section up to my fellow QC members
- The set should probably get renamed, possibly to "Tank" or "Support"
- A negative Speed nature would benefit the moveset more

Moves:
- Magnet Pull Magnemite isn't all that common, so maybe mention how Earthquake hits the Pokemon unaffected by Toxic, as opposed to "the trapper Magnemite"
- Remove the mention of Murkrow
- Flabebe is not even slightly relevant in the metagame, so remove its mention
- Remove the calcs because they aren't proving any huge point, especially considering that Flabebe's mention is being removed

Set Details:
- That may be the vaguest explanation for EVs. Give reasons as to why the EVs are what they are. This may be a section where you include calcs, idk.
- You seem to be really focused on beating Magnemite with Bronzor, but to be totally honest, that's not a huge deal

Usage Tips:
- Man, you really love talking about Magnemite
- Remove the mention of "rage switches"

Team Options:
- Remove mention of Murkrow
- Dwebble isn't THE hazard setter anymore, so maybe replace its mention with Ferroseed or Tirtouga
- Knock Off is a huge issue for Bronzor so teammates that can comfortably take a Knock Off or don't care either way (e.g. Trubbish or AcroFoo) are appreciated

Other Options:
- Remove mention of Misdreavus
- Remove the calcs because they are really unnecessary

Checks and Counters:
I'd recommend writing these in the final format, just so you don't have to go back later
Also, you took a weird approach to this and listed the stuff that Bronzor can beat which isn't the point of this section... This is the area where you mention the things that Bronzor cannot beat
- Remove mention of Misdreavus and Murkrow
- You have no mention of Knock Off, quite possibly the biggest reason why Bronzor has dropped in viability
- Mention Taunt users
- Include how Drilbur can also use Rapid Spin to clear away the hazards Bronzor sets
- You don't mention how Abra 2HKOes Bronzor, but I assume it's with Shadow Ball; however, Shadow Ball isn't all that common nowadays and this prevents Abra from reliably beating Bronzor

QC 1/3
I don't have time today to finish it but I got a little done

Minor nitpick but in C&C, you should list it as **Mold Breaker Drilbur**: Mold Breaker Drilbur negates Levitate and OHKO's Bronzor. and do the same for every other one.

Minor nitpick but in C&C, you should list it as **Mold Breaker Drilbur**: Mold Breaker Drilbur negates Levitate and OHKO's Bronzor. and do the same for every other one.
I probably should have said this but I took it from a user who has went inactive, this is all his, and its horrible.

Set Details:

My little cent. Could be useful describe a Calm Mind/ResTalk set like this:

CalmMind ResTalk
########
name: CalmMind ResTalk
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 4: Calm Mind
item: Eviolite
evs: 220 HP / 236 Def / 4 SAtk / 12 Spe
nature: Bold

Also a tank SR setter could be a possible way to describe another set for Bronzor.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I don't think you noted Pursuit Trappers anywhere in threats, but shit like Pawniard and Stunky will carry both Sucker Punch and Pursuit for stuff like Abra and Gastly and Bronzonr should be wary of the latter.

You also still have Misdreavus mentions all throughout this for some reason, despite it being banned months ago.

I don't think you noted Pursuit Trappers anywhere in threats, but shit like Pawniard and Stunky will carry both Sucker Punch and Pursuit for stuff like Abra and Gastly and Bronzonr should be wary of the latter.

You also still have Misdreavus mentions all throughout this for some reason, despite it being banned months ago.
as I've mentioned several times I've been unable to edit it due to school, an inexperienced person wrote this and basically copied it off of the gen 5 analysis.

What's up with the lines in C&C where they list that Bronzor can ohko/do damage to some pokes? Wouldn't that go in usage tips of somehting like that? I understand you don't quite have the time for this, so just trying to point some stuff out to you.

My little cent. Could be useful describe a Calm Mind/ResTalk set like this:

CalmMind ResTalk
########
name: CalmMind ResTalk
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 4: Calm Mind
item: Eviolite
evs: 220 HP / 236 Def / 4 SAtk / 12 Spe
nature: Bold

Also a tank SR setter could be a possible way to describe another set for Bronzor.
Honestly, mono Steel / mono Psychic coverage is really mediocre in this metagame. I wouldn't bother with a CM set. Also kingmidas please update this soon. You should have a winter break about now, so I'm sure you can do it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)