np: UU Stage 1 - Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add onto that, volbeatdown and I have been messing around subtox and subwow gallade as a way to beat it's traditional counters and checks (more for the latter). Its a good way to help pokemon with similar checks and counters as metallized.
Also there is also many more options like Skill Swap(Unnaware users and what not), Taunt(its taunt) and etc its not like it misses too much lackign a set up move because you know 120 BP move coming from a 165 Base Atack is not somethign you simply say its weak lol

PS:Skill Swap Gallade in really low ladder makes up for some hylarious shit like skill swaping Moxie,Shed Skin,Skill Link,Contrary and etc from the low ladder heroes lol

What do you guys use to handle Rain? (Except for Fletchinder of course)
Mega Alakazam is fantastic against Rain teams, as stealing Swift Swim essentially means you will always outspeed them (still need to be careful about priority).

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've been using Rain Dance on the latter lately, and hell, it's so easy and effective. My Team used Raikou, Noivern, Mega Swampert and Kingdra to utilise the rain. Mega Swampert is surprisingly strong, even without an Item. It's counters are very limited and usually rely on getting some status off. I solved that Problem by using Healing Wish Support, when Swampert gets 2 Opportunities to rampage, it's usually over. The one big Problem I had while using rain was Shedinja, because my rocksetter was Uxie and because my Pokemons don't really have anything to hit it. More defensive teams using Alomomola also were a bit troubling, because it is very hard to wear down, and my team couldn't fit a Ludicolo. I also didn't really know what to use get up rain, because I had a lot of slots to fill, so I used Normal Lopunny with Rain Dance, Encore and Healing Wish, and it's doing much better than I expected it to do. Me using this terribly build rainteam and Swampert + Kindgra still being a threat, makes me worry about properly build Rainteams.

What do you guys use to handle Rain? (Except for Fletchinder of course)

I'm yet to use Bulk Up Gallade, but imagine: Crobat not being able to properly check it anymore, that scares me.
I know you lose a ton of momentum by doing so, but have you ever tried sub-power-up punch pert for those bulkier teams? get a few free boosts vs alo and other mons. Again, it loses the momentum but i think it's something to look into, maybe outside of rain.

Anyway, as previously mentioned I love Mega-Zam vs Rain teams. :toast:

How long is it going to take for M-Bunny and M-Gallade to leaver the tier ;-; I think everyone knows by now how borked they are and I shouldn't need to repeat everything that has been said.

As a biased stall player, mega Gallade definitely needs to leave, but I'm not entirely sure about Lop yet. If I played offense a lil more I'd probably be sure it had to leave though. I guess thats the issue with both, they're fantastic at dismantling certain playstyles while also being able to take advantage of others at the same time.

gallade was stupid with fairies, gallade is even worse without fairies lol

i havent really had much experience with lop so i'm not gonna comment tho (and at least it doesnt have bulk up so fletchgod can still revenge it... until the quick attack sets come in ;_;)

ok honestly can we just ban these,,,

its making the meta ridiculously stale and honestly not much fun to play. theyre both evidently broken without question, and its making this meta kinda dumb. can we move on please and use some new, not insanely broken megas

sorry if im being r00d, but uu is pretty lame atm imo and i just wanna move along

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Magnet Rise
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Magneton is really good in this metagame. It takes out Steel types with relative ease and still puts in a little bit of work when no Steel types are present. Jirachi is forced to U-turn every time it faces a Magneton and Bronzong, Aggron and Empoleon are taken out with relative ease. While Magneton would normally be setup fodder for Zygarde and other stuff, Magnet Rise makes it so that it can avoid its Earthquakes and use Flash Cannon to wear it down. The Fighting types in the metagame are the main thing that can make it a liability to have on the field, Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny and Mienshao in particular.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-193948755
This replay showcases it taking down Bronzong while actually taking down a Dragon Dance Zygarde as well. A bit of hax involved with the Zygarde, but it still would have taken 2/3 of its health should there have been no hax.

EDIT: Replay works now

Last edited:

Nas

Banned deucer.
Second round of bans has ended, this time there were only two suspects:

Galladite - 10 ban, 1 no ban, 1 abstain
Lopunnite - 10 ban, 1 no ban, 1 abstain

Which means Galladite and Lopunnite are now (temporarily) banned. Here's the reasoning behind these two bans:

Mega Gallade was banned due to its massive 165 Attack in comination with its 110 Speed, as well as respectable bulk. Between Close Combat and Zen Headbutt, Mega Gallade is able to 2HKO almost everything in the tier. The Swords Dance set specifically is able to practically render stall unusable. Mega Gallade also puts immense pressure on balanced play styles which would usually have to sacrifice a pokemon or two in order to force it out. Even offensive playstyles struggle against it, as many of the tier's top scarfers are unable to break through Mega Gallade's bulk. Even faster pokemon like Alakazam and Mega Beedrill have to watch out for a boosted Shadow Sneak. Even in its worst matchups, Mega Gallade is still able to consistently tear through teams with little trouble. It performs its role way too well, and is generally too hard for teams to stop.

Lopunny has gone under the radar for quite a while since ORAS was released, but after the recent batch of bans it has become apparent just how much of a threat Lopunny is. With base 136 Atk and 135 Speed, an unresisted STAB combination thanks to Scrappy, as well as a myriad of support options it can run, Lopunny is a nightmare for offensive teams to handle. Normal/Fighting Stab is a very good combination when you take Scrappy into account, as most Pokemon that resist one generally fall to the other. Thus, Lopunny can be very hard to switch into, outside of using dedicated physical walls. Due to only needing Return/Frustration and High Jump Kick to wreck most of the meta, Lopunny also has the option of running various support moves such as Encore, Healing Wish, and Magic Coat to further its versatility and turn would-be defensive counters into a liability, which can be best seen by its SubEncore set.

The Immortal

You're welcome RU :]

With respect to not derailing the thread I do love my some Magnet Rise Magneton. It's ability to force a -fighting or -fire type STAB mon in to take it on makes it really fun for teambuilding. It is not always the easiest mon to switch in however, as uhhh, the aforementioned types are super popular and while it can threaten Scald users out, its not particularly fond of switching into them.

On a different note, I have been bored and using a simple, high-risk/high-reward team of hyper offensive strategies (weakness policy passing celebi, agility moltres, screens with SD lucario, RD mega swampert.) I figured every battle would be all or nothing, but I have found RD Mega-Swampert to be a huge threat to many teams from turn 1. In fact, if I was able to keep SR up and KO maybe one mon, mega-swampy was pretty much GG. Upon reviewing the viablity thread, he does indeed threaten the life of very many mons ranging from S to A- (not to say there aren't credible stops). The best part about him is that he can set up RD against most any mon lacking a -grass attack or WoW, and with three move coverage he is baller. It is not hard to pivot effectively and waste his meager 5 turns of rain, but the problem is that if you did no damage to Swampy and did not end your pivots on the right mon, he can just set rain up again and start the mindgames anew. Again, I am not claiming any grand status, I guess I am just so impressed because my first thoughts about mega-swampert was that he was a throw away mega, why would anyone waste the slot over using the awesome tank that is lefties swampy with SR and roar. I have become so convinced that RD swampert is a huge threat that requires you keep a pure water type or -grass attack alive. Biggest and legit problem is that you have to run jolly to outspeed scarf base 100s (read not flinched to death/flinched out of rain turns by jirachi)

Thoughts, agreements, contradictions?

Id still say Cresselia is viable in UU even without Lopunny and Gallade. It's an amazing fighting check that can act as an insanely bulky wincon w/ reliable recovery in moonlight. It definitely deserves more respect.

Id still say Cresselia is viable in UU even without Lopunny and Gallade. It's an amazing fighting check that can act as an insanely bulky wincon w/ reliable recovery in moonlight. It definitely deserves more respect.
Yeah, I wasn't saying cress was going to be unviable in uu (pretty much always has been, especially with the introduction of lucario and infernape into the tier a few months ago) i was just simply saying it became a whole lot more viable with lopunny and gallade in the tier. I've been using a core of empoleon + cress and it's still pretty good imo, and cress doesn't have as much pressure on it to be at full health or near full to check those two super powerful threats.

Never mind the fact that Cress is a pretty fun wincon with SubCM, I'm gonna miss slapping it on teams to take advantage of Lopunny. RIP ban legend dairys the Cresselia, you served your time well.

Well this leaves us with even less Megas... Beedrill ought to be getting more love as a result, but if the statistics were anything to go by he's likely to go OU as well so enjoy him while he lasts.

M-Sharpedo is also going to be a monster now, with two less fighting type Megas dominating the meta. Might have to make a few more Sharp teams and have some fun.

Well this leaves us with even less Megas... Beedrill ought to be getting more love as a result, but if the statistics were anything to go by he's likely to go OU as well so enjoy him while he lasts.
Based on my last three games on the ladder, Beedrill is seeing a FUCKTON of usage already.

never would i expect to see the day where beedrill is actually legitimately considered OU-bound

and yes tier is finally playable again \o/ being falling in love with Galladite in ou, ironically, but i'm friggin glad to see it gone from this tier; without TF to check it it just tears up shit.

with the fighting megas leaving the tier and things like Sharpedo taking their place as the dominant megas I want to suggest a mon that helps out pedo a bunch, weakness policy baton pass celebi. Celebi is the biggest u turn bait on the face of the planet and if you just invest a good amount, if not max its defense and hp you can take these easy get the weakness pol boost and pass off to pedo. This was a strat used with yanmega and normal pedo b4, but now with its Mega form its really hard to stop after the boosts.

with the fighting megas leaving the tier and things like Sharpedo taking their place as the dominant megas I want to suggest a mon that helps out pedo a bunch, weakness policy baton pass celebi. Celebi is the biggest u turn bait on the face of the planet and if you just invest a good amount, if not max its defense and hp you can take these easy get the weakness pol boost and pass off to pedo. This was a strat used with yanmega and normal pedo b4, but now with its Mega form its really hard to stop after the boosts.
Weakness Policy seems too gimmicky. I'd rather just use Swords Dance + Baton Pass.

Weakness Policy seems too gimmicky. I'd rather just use Swords Dance + Baton Pass.
Weakness Pass Celebi has been a thing for a while. It's been used to utmost success by a lot of people (including its inventor, kokoloko.) it works super well on sharp teams because sharp just loves +2 so much. quad weakness to u-turn just helps it and getting off both an sd and a bp is a lot harder than clicking bp on a u-turn.

wp celebi also has an advantage in being versatile: you don't actually have to select specific recipients for your team, anyone remotely fast would appreciate a +2 boost to their offense for a game ending sweep.

i wouldnt say sd celebi outclasses it (or the other way round), but both play somewhat differently so yeah

Yus Yus Yus now if only Zygarde Leaves and I can finally stop being paranoid of everything having a Ice Type Move with my Sceptile

Or If I know my Luck he will go OU and RIP My Nambo+Chlorogia Duo

Edit:Since Volbeatdown added a Music Video for celebration time for mine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)