What They Should Have Done in ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
As I'm sure all of you know, ORAS is out, and there have been loads of changes to the game. These range from simple name changes, such as the mind blowing Secret Bases now being called SUPER Secret Bases, and then, of course, there's the Delta Episode and SPAAAAAACE!

Anyway, here is where we can talk about what should have been added or removed from the new games, or just about what we love that Game Freak has done. I'm just warning everyone reading this... this'll get interesting. :3

I think ORAS had potential to be the best game in the series, but I also think not including battle frontier pretty much killed that dream; I would really have liked to have seen that.

Last edited:
All my complaints are mostly little ones:
- Battle Frontier would be the most obvious one.
- Customisation would have been nice but understandable why they didn't do it
- I always always a fan of Pokemon following you but again, understandable why they didn't do it
- Not dumbing down contests would've been better too. Having the ability to just overfeed a Pokemon PokeBlocks of every type just made it too easy
- Would've liked an expanded Hoenn Dex. Felt quite samey
- Gym Leader rematches would've been awesome too

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Here's my idea. Castform has four forms:

We have the normal Castform...

The Rainy Castform...

The Sunny Castform...

And, my personal favorite, the Snowy Castform.

I mean, look at them! They look awesome! (Except Rainy, he's boring) Although a Sandy Castform was left out, I think that's out of the question, for we would have seen it already. What I would love, with the new weather type and all, Wind... OHH yeah. A WINDY Castform. This wouldn't be used very often, due to the need for a Mega Rayquaza to be around, but if it gets a Flying type, It could use the wind to its advantage. I know it's too much to wish for, but this would be AWESOME! I'm gonna try and draw one up for later. :D

Okay, here's my list:
-Battle Frontier. I would have much more to do in the post game other than catching Legendaries...most of which I have already captured before.
-Friend Safari. I would have loved to seen the Friend Safari return and maybe have a few changes depending on which version you are playing (if in Kalos, my Safari gives you Frogadier, in Hoenn, it would give you Marshtomp). This is a minor thing, though.
-Difficulty settings like in Black 2 and White 2. It would be nice to older players looking for more of a challenge. Again, minor problem.
-Not having the Primals and Mega Rayquaza be so powerful by breaking fundamental rules of Mega Evolution. The fact that Primals don't take up a Mega Slot, yet still have +100 BST on top of good/great abilities, and the fact that Mega 'Quaza just needs a GOOD powerful move to Mega Evolve, freeing up the item slot, is just ridiculous. It makes random battles on the 3DS overly difficult if you are not also using them, even if you have a strong, EV trained team vs untrained Pokémon.
-Not having customization. It is just disappointing to have to go back to seeing the same two character models again after so much variety.
-I would have liked to see Gym Leader rematches. I've missed them as I loved to rebattle them in Platinum and SoulSilver.
-Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic. More so for Flygon as it is one of my favorite Pokémon (not to mention my second favorite Hoenn Pokémon, with Sableye at number 1).

The only things I really cared about was the Frontier, Customization, and the major misstep about the Primals/Mega 'Quaza. The other are just minor complaints.

Reactions: JES
Okay, here's my list:
-Battle Frontier. I would have much more to do in the post game other than catching Legendaries...most of which I have already captured before.
-Friend Safari. I would have loved to seen the Friend Safari return and maybe have a few changes depending on which version you are playing (if in Kalos, my Safari gives you Frogadier, in Hoenn, it would give you Marshtomp). This is a minor thing, though.
-Difficulty settings like in Black 2 and White 2. It would be nice to older players looking for more of a challenge. Again, minor problem.
-Not having the Primals and Mega Rayquaza be so powerful by breaking fundamental rules of Mega Evolution. The fact that Primals don't take up a Mega Slot, yet still have +100 BST on top of good/great abilities, and the fact that Mega 'Quaza just needs a GOOD powerful move to Mega Evolve, freeing up the item slot, is just ridiculous. It makes random battles on the 3DS overly difficult if you are not also using them, even if you have a strong, EV trained team vs untrained Pokémon.
-Not having customization. It is just disappointing to have to go back to seeing the same two character models again after so much variety.
-I would have liked to see Gym Leader rematches. I've missed them as I loved to rebattle them in Platinum and SoulSilver.
-Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic. More so for Flygon as it is one of my favorite Pokémon (not to mention my second favorite Hoenn Pokémon, with Sableye at number 1).

The only things I really cared about was the Frontier, Customization, and the major misstep about the Primals/Mega 'Quaza. The other are just minor complaints.
I sense the Primals and MegaRay were by designed to be stupidly overpowered though. Lore wise the Primals lost power to become normal Kyogre and Groudon

Most of the things listed here had been in previous games but were dropped in ORAS. It's like people want the games to be more similar than they already are.

And before you ask me to suggest some truly new ideas, I don't have any. Both on the internet and the real world, I tend to be a massive hypocrite.

DexNav is really great though. It made me actually want to fight wild Pokemon rather than chain-spraying Repels.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This is a wishlist thread. These are explicitly against the rules.

Also you could have at LEAST put it in the ORAS subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)