Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Agility

Your standard Critdra set. Kingdra is designed to come out only on pokemon it can set up on without taking too much damage. I'll also try to set up a FE on an attack it can barley survive if I have sticky web up. I wanted a special sweeper that could hit through set-up defensive walls.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Every support poke on this team has one purpose: to get Mega Pert out in the rain or in someway assist him. With 96 EVs in speed it has a 200 speed stat, so it can outspend everything in the tier (bar scarfers and Mega Alakazam) in the rain. Adamant for max attack, Ice punch for Grass/Dragon coverage, and Earthquake because things die to it. It gets most of the kills. I poured the rest of the EVs into HP so that it can takes a surprising amount of hits, as opponents don't usually expect Mega Pert to be bulky and run Rain Dance. With base 110 defensive stats, it can usually take some blows while its dealing them.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake/Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Recover

My defensive wall. Rain Dance to boost Scald (which is mostly for getting burns) and to help get out Mega Pert. Unaware guarantees that I take all physical attacks well and helps me stall out some special attackers. Though there are some pokes that can power through his defense like Machamp. I choose Quagsire opposed to Suicune or Jellecent for its type, being immune to electric moves.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Giga Drain

Ludicolo eats special attacks for breakfast. When set up with Leech Seed in the rain, it regains 24% of its HP at the end of each turn. Giga Drain is a good stab that helps with recovery, rain dance for recovery that helps out Mega Pert, and Scald so that I can touch other grass-types and get off burns.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 4 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Defog
- U-turn

Fast, bulky, forces out pokes, supports like a champ, and can get kills. Crobat makes this team possible because it takes grass attacks and toxics like raindrops to the face. I wanted to include Roost but Taunt, U-turn, and Defog are too valuable to this team for one to be excluded. And without Brave Bird, it doesn't get kills.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch

Can be either a good special attacker or a suicide hazard-setter. Sticky Web is amazing for this team because it means Kingdra doesn't have to set up an agility, Mega Pert doesn't have to be in the rain to get kills, and Crobat can out speed fast, electric threats like Electrode. In addition Ludicolo can start to out speed pokes too, which is helpful. Max speed because this poke needs to go first, Volt Switch to pivot since it forces out pokes, Thunder/Compound eyes to get off damage, and Bug Buzz for a STAB that gets rid of grass types. Pretty standard. Galvantula can also usually take a hit from an incoming grass move, meaning it most likely will get two free moves in before dying, or keep up offensive momentum by pivoting, or get a kill.

ANALYSIS

This team basically revolves around getting a sweeper in on the opposing team and getting kills while being able to be patient about it. That being said, while testing I've had a lot of trouble against bulky grass and water types like Celebi, Trevenent and Jellecent. I also have a hard time taking status conditions. Mostly Toxic. My only answer to bulky grass/water types is having Kingdra set up with FE and either a web or an agility. So I have answers, but I have a hard time actually executing the answer. I'm not sure if I'm just not playing well or there are massive holes in the teams.

The team also just dies to grass when both Crobat and Galvantula are dead. Ludicolo can't take grass hits forever, since it can't Seed them or really use Giga Drain. I have to play exceptionally well if my opponent has good grass coverage moves. Once I can get a poke inside, I usually get at least two kills, if not a clean sweep. My theory is that this team either sucks or is high-risk/high-reward.

Please give me feedback on how to improve this team.

The team looks pretty good, scarf heidreigon looks like a problem if Kingdra is not already switched in. Swam-pert seems like it bodys after forretress is gone... Kinda hard to set up rain. I like the team though :] seems like it's fun to use!

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
This team lacks a few things in my opinion:

First of all, because you are running rain, Kingdra should use the Swift Swim set instead of the CritDra set

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Surf

Second, you do not have a reliable rain setter. Quagsire is slow and doesn't give 8 turns because you lack a Damp Rock. Tornadus seems a better option as it gives a fast Rain Dance and can use it itself with Hurricane.

Tornadus @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Taunt / Grass Knot
- U-Turn

In my opinion, a backup rain setter is nice because it helps you still using rain even if Tornadus is down. Galvantula's sticky web support doesn't really help your team as Swift Swimmers already outspeed everything. In my opinion Galvantula can be repalced by many rain setters like Celebi and Azelf. With 2 rain setters, Mega Swampert doesn't need to set rain itself, it is better off running Power-Up Punch or Superpower to hit some walls harder

Last, I don't think Ludicolo fits the team very well. Looking at the team (Tornadus + Kingdra + M-Swamp + Crobat) is very offensive and putting in a random wall doesn't really makes sense to me. One pokemon you can try out is Toxicroak. It still benefits from the rain because of Dry Skin, it can smash annoying grass types with Gunk Shot and priority Sucker Punch

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)