Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pink Yoshi
Pink Rosalina
Gay PridePink Meta Knight
Pink Peach
PINK EVERYTHING
except for blue booty call Zamus and shiny Greninja

Also by far the only thing that keeps Little Mac from A-rank IMO is his inability to camp. I don't care about his poor aerial game as his aerials are actually useful on the Tomodachi Life stage on the 3DS, where he has to play patiently, using NAirs, FAirs and UAirs to get chip damage until they are at a high enough percentage to launch with an up special or a smash/tilt. That is literally the only stage he can camp on, and even then he isn't the greatest at camping, needing to get close enough to hit those aerials. It is for this reason that it is the first stage I tend to counterpick is Tomodachi Life instead of going to FD when using Little Mac on the 3DS as it allows me to play more patiently and defensively than I can on any other stage.

Last edited:
Even though team smash is kind of broken online, the teams you get matched up against can be incredibly fun. My first match my friend and I got paired up with a Luigi duo, then Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, then Mario Bros... we even ended up doing a classic Kirby/King Dedede combo. Looking forward to eventually doing some 1 vs 1. with people.

Thanks for the recommendations on pro controllers dudes, I think I'll be good to go when I get mine!

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rip in peace balance patches. there may be tweaks, but no major changes like shulk buffs in 1.0.4.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/1...h-bros-further-but-will-be-working-on-online/
It's at least good to know that they will be giving attention to the online experience for a while. Would have liked to hear about there being more balance patches, but tbh, I care more about being able to view my replays, no matter how old they happen to be. They're usually of funny moments, when I lose / win a tight match, or when I discover a new combo.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sakurai is the greatest troll.

He knows he made the best Kirby game ever in Kirby Super Star, and he's put that as the 2nd notable game in almost every Kirby trophy he can. I can't blame him KSS is a top tier game that has yet to be beaten in the series.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So I finally got Smash Wii U a couple of days ago, and in my first For Glory match...I lost to a Yoshi in a laggy game, but proceeded to stomp him in every match after, which made me feel good, haha. I need to add people here and play sometime. The only thing I wish I had is the GCC adapter. Until then, I'm using the Wii U Pro Controller.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I finally got Smash Wii U a couple of days ago, and in my first For Glory match...I lost to a Yoshi in a laggy game, but proceeded to stomp him in every match after, which made me feel good, haha. I need to add people here and play sometime. The only thing I wish I had is the GCC adapter. Until then, I'm using the Wii U Pro Controller.
Honestly, the Pro Controller is fine. I mean, I'm sure the GC Controller would feel a little better, but I do just fine in FG with the Pro Controller. I'll probably still get it anyway so my friends can use GC Controllers when they come over to play Smash, but unless I just find myself doing like twice as good with the GC Controller, I'm probably just going to stick with the Pro Controller in Smash 4.

On the topic of For Glory, have you guys found yourselves using 1 character more, but having a better w-l ratio with another? For me, I've used Shulk nearly twice as much as Lucario, but have better than a 4-1 win ratio with Lucario (only better than a 3-1 ratio with Shulk.) What can I say? I like using Shulk more because I can mix up my playstyles.

I usually just main someone in FG until I get bored of them or something else catches my eye. My records do vary a lot though depending on experience and also how well the character can rush down/deal with projectiles/handle lil mac or sonic/etc

Also Pit can gimp lil mac so hard and it's so satisfying. With proper spacing his down+b "keep away" stops LM's side+b and up+b from snapping onto the ledge making that match up really easy for Pit and p unfair for LM

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, the Pro Controller is fine. I mean, I'm sure the GC Controller would feel a little better, but I do just fine in FG with the Pro Controller. I'll probably still get it anyway so my friends can use GC Controllers when they come over to play Smash, but unless I just find myself doing like twice as good with the GC Controller, I'm probably just going to stick with the Pro Controller in Smash 4.
My main issue is the C-stick placement, but I'll probably get used to it.

Apparently the interview in which Sakurai said there won't be anymore patches was slightly mistranslated. According to what I read on Reddit, his comment was more along the lines of "we haven't made any future plans for patches." So there's still hope!

I can never understand how people jump to conclusions about stuff Sakurai says the way they do, it's almost funny.

Not even the original mistranslated answer guaranteed there would be 'NO MORE BALANCE EVER', it's basically a statement that they have no current plans, because people need to play the game for a good amount of time before making judgements on balance.

On the topic of For Glory, have you guys found yourselves using 1 character more, but having a better w-l ratio with another? For me, I've used Shulk nearly twice as much as Lucario, but have better than a 4-1 win ratio with Lucario (only better than a 3-1 ratio with Shulk.) What can I say? I like using Shulk more because I can mix up my playstyles.
Character usage

aaand victory data.

Seems like Dong has been a bit more successful than the Blue Bomber... otherwise, yeah, my usage and victory ratios seem to stay pretty balanced with one another (surprising, given that Charizard is pretty shit).

if anyone else is still having trouble with clearing the true final battle on hard, a good way to cheese it and the way i used is to abuse the fact that the AI is generally shit at punishing you if you're on a ledge and just constantly drop down, hit them with an aerial and regrab the ledge - even without invincibility the AI will rarely straight up punish with a move that can hit you and mostly just does something useless. i used ganondorf because he's also really good at scoring KOs and his up air goes through the stage and deals good damage. of course doing this means you feel a bit lame but fuck that event.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Nah it's not even close to what wavedash could do, but it kinda works as dash dancing. Also don't do this on the 3DS version, you will fuck the circle pad in no time.

you can't do waveland or OoS wavedash styles with pivoting but it seems to me you can still do all actions out of pivoting as well as a wavedash for all intents and purposes. Wavedashing in Melee wasn't really lagless either since everyone still had their landing animations, but it's true that several characters miss the raw distance (Luigi, Dorf, Marth) or safety (RIP puff's ground game) they had from wavedashing I guess. Pivoting is still gonna be huge on characters that were already fast though.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
I've known about this technique since the 3DS Demo. I just don't use it because my fingers and thumbs aren't fast enough. Proof that I'm not bullshitting:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)