ORAS OU An attempt to finally making a decent team

So... After I got banned from the OU room, 'cause like all the people in it started to hate me for "being negative, pessimist, refusing to listen to opinion, etc...", I decided to come here to see what people thinks about my team, and if I can improve it in any way - possibly not by switching any mon, but by changing movepools.

So, here's the team - I'll put in bold all the things for which I need help

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature/Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast/HP Ice/Calm Mind (the latter, I would remove Knock Off and make Lando fully special oriented)
- Knock Off

Lando-I was the mon I had in mind, when I started build the team: I've always been impressed by his huge wallbreaking potential (expecially with Calm Mind to help him doing his job), and I think his typing is pretty good as well (even tho it leaves him piss weak to Ice Shards - or Ice moves in general).

LO and Sheer Force are basically mandatory on this Genie, and I've of course started out with a classic Mixed Set. I've recently seen, tho, that HP Ice would be quite of a good choice: it hits Scarf Lando-T for the OHKO, and most of all it hits others Lando-I for the OHKO (Lando-I actually puts a lot of pressure on my team, since Weavile is the only check, and Rotom-W is kinda of a counter to it - but it can't switch out too many times on it, even with my weird spread). Calm Mind would, instead, allow my Lando to break stall easier: and God only knows how much I do hate stall!

The issue with Lando-I led me to consider the nature I'm running on Lando-I: is Naive mandatory, or Hasty could be a good alternative to it? 'cause Ice Shards would ohko me, regardless of the nature, and Aqua Jets by Azu and Crawdaunt 2HKOes me regardless of the Nature. With Hasty, instead, I could beat a Naive Lando-I 1vs1 without running HP Ice, which I think could definitely help me.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Weavile seemed to me the best partner for Lando-I: it takes Ice Shards very well, and it can remove Checks and Counters that usually stop the Genie (Mamoswine is OHKOed by Low Kick; Greninja is outsped and killed by Low Kick; Chansey gets Knocked Off her Eviolite...). I'm not having any kind of issue with him.

I thought about running SD, but those 4 moves are all very needed, and thanks to his Speed and Atk Weavile is just the perfect mon to put pressure to offensive teams (and also stally ones, thanks to Knock Off side effect).

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast/Grass Knot

I did decided to run Mega-Gardevoir after I saw her doing a beautiful job vs Mega-Sableye and stall teams. I also calced that the girl is able to deal well with Mega-Slowbro, which is surely something that I would appreciate: however, after 1 CM, Mega-Bro could still be an issue, as Hyper Voice can't 2hko it anymore.

That's why I was thinking about running Grass Knot: surely a niche move, but my team struggles quite a bit vs that fat Shelly Hippo, and it would be surely appreciated a stronger hand to take care of it. GK would also 2HKO SpDef Hippowdon, another major threat to my team, while Hyper Voice needs to rely on a roll. I personally think Focus Blast is not that needed: Chansey is hit harder by Psyshock and Taunt; I've stuff to take care of Hetran and Ferrothorn... But at the same time, I feel like GK is very, very niche, and I'm not that sure about it.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 60 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

No trouble with it: standard and fucking good. Rotom-W stops mainly T-Flame and ScarfRaptor, which would else rape my offensive core. I personally hate to rely on this stuff; it's banal, already tested too many times...

I took a little derail from the normal spread, tho: 60 SpDef Ev's allows my Rotom-W to not be 2HKOed by Freeze-Dry's Mamo after Lefties Recovery, making him a counter to it. 248 HP/156+Def still makes Rotom capable of dealing with birds, so I've no regret or doubt in using this spread.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 SpD - EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon/Taunt
- Lava Plume

Is there a better mon to core up with Rotom-Wash? I don't think so. Being 4x resistant to Washing Machine only weakness, and being pissed weak to a type that can't touch Wash (Ground), Heatran is the Special wall of the team - capable of dealing with Talonflame as well, thanks to Toxic and resisting to both his STAB moves.

I'm actually running a weird spread, that allows me to 2HKO 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable with Flash Cannon (since Clefable is a huge threat to my team, unless I start to run Sludge Wave on Lando-I). A nice guy - someone who actually tried to help me - made me notice, tho, that Clef won't switchin on Heatran, and that after 1 CM Flash Cannon cannot kill her any longer. Flash Cannon could still be useful, tho, since Mega-Gardevoir is a threat to my team: but Taunt would make my Heatran destroy Stall and CM Clefable 1vs1.

I personally think I should, anyway, start to run the latter EV's spread (12 Speed 'cause W Speed Creep!), regardless of wether I keep Flash Cannon or switch to Taunt.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Breloom... For a long, long time I thought this guy was terrible. That's because I was mostly seeing that stupid Poison Heal set, which does not release all of his power: but Adamant, Techician, LO Loom with those 3 amazing moves (such a coverage!) and Spore to get some offensive momentum, well... It just became one of my favourite ever! I've never found a way to use him in OU, tho (Talonflame, Ice Shards, faster mons like Gengar...), but yesterday I suddenly realize how good Loom could have been for the team.

The main reasons I'm using Breloom are easily named: Greninja and Mega-Lopunny. Greninja is already "checked" by Weavile, but against such a broken mon you need as much help as possible; Mega-Lopunny, on the other side, is kind countered by Rotom-Wash, else it plain rapes my team - unless it's not running Ice Punch for whatever reasons. A pity that Adamant Technician LO Mach Punch just rapes both of them without a doubt! And Breloom also helps a lot vs stall, thanks to Spore and its huge power (Chansey and Mega-Bro are checked, the latter with a little luck in hitting 3 shots on a Bullet Seed). I don't want to replace it, I find it just perfect for the team.

I hope you guys are going to be more patient than the OU room: I'm waiting for your help :)

A handy answer to all your Breloom problems: Focus Sash. That set is pretty much prime Focus Sash material, unless your opponent has an Icicle Crash Mamo that outspeeds or some other multi-hit move that can break your Sash, something is forced to go to bed. That T-Flame that just Brave Birded you? Live and return the favour with Rock Tomb. That Mega Slowbro setting up CMs? Put him to sleep and punch some big holes with Bullet Seed, a link of 6 Bullet Seeds in total is a dead Bold max HP max Def Mega Slowbro, that's a 2/3HKO. That's pretty good incentive to run something more useful on Gardevoir like Focus Blast. Even if Breloom just falls short of getting the job done, he should have punched a big enough opening for something else to finish the job. Breloom is disgusting, and far more potent with Sash. He can put opposing teams in a real bind if not prepared for.

A handy answer to all your Breloom problems: Focus Sash. That set is pretty much prime Focus Sash material, unless your opponent has an Icicle Crash Mamo that outspeeds or some other multi-hit move that can break your Sash, something is forced to go to bed. That T-Flame that just Brave Birded you? Live and return the favour with Rock Tomb. That Mega Slowbro setting up CMs? Put him to sleep and punch some big holes with Bullet Seed, a link of 6 Bullet Seeds in total is a dead Bold max HP max Def Mega Slowbro, that's a 2/3HKO. That's pretty good incentive to run something more useful on Gardevoir like Focus Blast. Even if Breloom just falls short of getting the job done, he should have punched a big enough opening for something else to finish the job. Breloom is disgusting, and far more potent with Sash. He can put opposing teams in a real bind if not prepared for.
I have already thought about it. There are 2 main problems with SashLoom:

1) I don't have any kind of defogger/spinner, so if the opponent sets up 1 layer of hazard (bar Web) my Sash is gone.
2) Without LO, Loom fails to OHKO Mega-Lopunny.

I could maybe give it a try, tho :)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just dealing with the things you said you need help with, I'll tell you some suggestions.

Landorus: I recommend using a rock polish set to make it into a deadly sweeper. Here's the one I would use.

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Rock Polish

Gardevoir: I recommend running shadow ball or tbolt in the fourth slot as they are the two best coverage moves that I can think of (i despise focus miss).

Heatran: I recommend running the fast tauntrocks set. Either you can go full out for speed so that stallbreaker mew is taunted before it can do anything or just outspeed general stall. Here is the set i recommend.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

That's all from me, I might take a stronger look at the team later, but that's what I'm thinking of right now.

I could def try the Rock Polish set, but I'm not convinced about offensive Heatran: I have already 4 offensive mon, and I need the Tran to mostly take hits and strikes back or toxic things up ;)

The things I'd recommend changing:

That one guy is right. you should use rock polish landorus but not with those moves.
Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden power [ice]
- Rock Polish

You should also change your Gardevoir set. The only reason to run focus blast on it is to kill Heatran. Focus blast however is really unreliable.
I'd recommend changing Focus Blast --> Hidden power [Ground]
The other switch for this set should be in the EVs: giving Gardevoir 24 Def EVs allows it to live two psyshocks from Life Orb max attack Timid Latios at full.

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt

For Heatran is can suggest no other than my favourite Heatran set. It does look a lot like yours but is mono- attacking and does carry protect. Since Heatran has no recovery and is a wall regardless protect can give you those extra hitpoints which will be useful at the very end. This also allows it to Toxic stall a little bit, which makes it easier to widdle pokémon down.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Last thing:
Im not really convinced with the Breloom. You use mega Lopunny as an argument but nobody uses that anyways in OU. Breloom is also not that fast of a pokémon and not really that bulky. Maybe something fast like scarf Landorus or Terrakion would do better on your team. As scarf Terrakion also one shots the Lopunny argument.

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This team is cool, and try to not get banned anymore ok! :P
Other than that, I have some critism for this team, since it could definitely use some work.

First of all is Landorus. Landorus is pretty cool, but you shouldn't run Knock Off. Weavile already has this, and can do more damage thanks to STAB, extra speed, and Life Orb. Instead, replace this with Rock Polish like littlelucario said in the previous post. This helps you be able to sweep, or just do a great chunk of damage to a lot of Pokemon with Life Orb and Sheer Force. Also, if you do this, make sure to run Modest/Jolly and 0 Attack IVs.

Next is Mega Gardevoir. Since I know this set rather well, I would run Focus Blast to get rid of Heatran and Bisharp. Also, run an EV spread of 32 Def / 224 Spe / 252 Sp Atk so you can take two Psyshocks from a Life Orb Latios.

With Breloom holding a Life Orb, you have a total of 3 Life Orb users on your team. This is an easy way to get your Pokemon to Faint rather quickly, and I don't recommend it. I would try Focus Sash so you can live a Brave Bird from Talonflame, then use Rock Tomb.

Your EV Spread for Rotom-Wash is a bit weird, since Mega Gardevoir has amazing Special Defense. Try the typical 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe so you can take more hits from Physical Pokemon like Mega Scizor or Mega Lopunny.

It seems you want to run a bulky Heatran, but I would run a more offensive set since you have Gardevoir and Rotom-Wash. Try this set.

Heatran @ Air Balloon/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Ice/Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Still rather bulky, but more offensive.

Other than those, I feel the team will look, and work, a lot better after these changes.

Hope it helps.

Thank u all guys for the suggestions!

I'll def try out the Rock Polish set for Lando: I think I'll start with the moveset littlelucario suggested, but HP Ice is still tempting and I could easily switch moves, depending on how battles would go.

Now I know why that spread on Mega-Garde! I've never understood its meaning, I'm gonna change the EV's :)

I'm curious to see if that Bulky Offensive Heatran could work, Sparkl3y , it's a weird set ;)

For what does concerne LO Loom, I'm sorry guys but I'm gonna stick with it: as I said, I've no defogger nor spinner nor wishpasser, so after only 1 layer of rocks or spikes my Sash would be gone. And even tho I've 3 LO users, one of them doesn't take the recoil thanks to Sheer Force, so only Weavile and Loom are going to lose HP from the item :)

Pent

dumb broad

I'll def try out the Rock Polish set for Lando: I think I'll start with the moveset littlelucario suggested, but HP Ice is still tempting and I could easily switch moves, depending on how battles would go.

Now I know why that spread on Mega-Garde! I've never understood its meaning, I'm gonna change the EV's :)

I'm curious to see if that Bulky Offensive Heatran could work, Sparkl3y , it's a weird set ;)

For what does concerne LO Loom, I'm sorry guys but I'm gonna stick with it: as I said, I've no defogger nor spinner nor wishpasser, so after only 1 layer of rocks or spikes my Sash would be gone. And even tho I've 3 LO users, one of them doesn't take the recoil thanks to Sheer Force, so only Weavile and Loom are going to lose HP from the item :)
From personal experience, Life Orb still CAN do damage, even with Sheer Force, just it's a decreased chance. :]

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Two LOers are just fine, i personally don't find it a problem. Bulky offensive heatran is an interesting set, but I recommend that you have at least one taunt user on this team so that you can shut down stallmons. LO loom is way better because most people lead with a stealth rocker anyways, so the sash will almost always be useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)