Linked

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So wait, in this meta Focus Punch's "focus" phase and attacking phase happen simultaneously? Well then, most fighting types and a ton of other pokemon just got a 150 base power 100% accurate move with no drawback. I'm gonna be putting Focus Punch on everything that can use it if that's the way we're going.

So wait, in this meta Focus Punch's "focus" phase and attacking phase happen simultaneously? Well then, most fighting types and a ton of other pokemon just got a 150 base power 100% accurate move with no drawback. I'm gonna be putting Focus Punch on everything that can use it if that's the way we're going.
They don't happen simultaneously, I made a typo and said former instead of latter

Unless I'm horribly misunderstanding the code, that's not how the simulator works -the "is focusing" effect has no relation no priority per se, it's just something that gets set at the start of the turn (No respect for priority per se) and then the Pokemon's move fails if it was hit while it had this effect up.

Nor am I convinced that's how the games work. More likely the high priority message is pure flavor, and all that actually happens of importance is: the Pokemon's turn comes around, it checks whether it has been hit this turn, and if so it makes no attack.

So no, unless an executive decision is made to say that Focus Punch works that way, it won't be a "free" 150 BP move when linked.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Recover/Calm Mind/Refresh
- Dragon Pulse/HP Fire
- Psychic/Stored Power
tremble in fear at the monster that is bulky attacker Latias!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Recover/Calm Mind/Refresh
- Dragon Pulse/HP Fire
- Psychic/Stored Power
tremble in fear at the monster that is bulky attacker Latias!
Why are you running both Roost and Recover at once? I'd highly recommend moving Recover to a slash on that first slot, since they both do the same thing.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Why are you running both Roost and Recover at once? I'd highly recommend moving Recover to a slash on that first slot, since they both do the same thing.
I dunno - 100% heal sounds pretty nifty. I'd still use Refresh or even Wish over it but it is pretty cute to have 100% healing.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I dunno - 100% heal sounds pretty nifty. I'd still use Refresh or even Wish over it but it is pretty cute to have 100% healing.
I see your point. I just prefer heal+attack more tbh, as you're dealing some damage as well as getting your hp back up, which could be important.

If Fake Out isn't banned, Ambipom becomes a ridiculous glass cannon:

Ambipom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Last Resort

Assuming Last Resort becomes available the instant Fake Out is used, Ambipom is pulling out a STAB Technician Fake Out (90BP) and a STAB Last Resort (210BP) for 300BP in one turn - which flinches. From there, Ambi can continue using Last Resort.

Ghosts, Rocks and Steels lol at this, but everything else is in trouble.

So none of you thought of this: PURSUIT! Slap that on anything linked with their STAB. Such as the above example, Pursuit + Last Resort works better imo because they can't switch out.
Doesn't work, I suspect. Linked moves take on the priority of the lowest priority move in the link, so Pursuit would lose its ability to hit before they switch.

Focus Sash Cloyster.. Just when you thought it couldn't get more scary.

Also, Double Dance Diggersby/Haxorus sounds scary, once Skarmory or Ferrothorn are out of the picture.

Phazing sounds great too. Especially Phazing + Toxic/WillOWisp.

So how will Prankster work?

Focus Sash Cloyster.. Just when you thought it couldn't get more scary.

Also, Double Dance Diggersby/Haxorus sounds scary, once Skarmory or Ferrothorn are out of the picture.

Phazing sounds great too. Especially Phazing + Toxic/WillOWisp.

So how will Prankster work?
Prankster works by letting you ScarfTrick and Torment on the same turn with priority. gg, folks!

Also FEAR has reached new levels of rudeness. Endeavor + poke same turn. Granted, it has to not get 2-shotted in one turn first…

That brings up another fun "I'm a complete tool" tactic though: Endure + Endeavor, provided you're faster than the foe.

Last edited:
Since prankster sets the priority of status moves to 1+ the original, if there are 2 status moves in the link, it'll be +1 each. If there is a non-priority attacking move, it goes to 0 or the lower priority in general

All hail the mighty Iron Ball Trick + WillOWisp Sableye. Neutering Physical Attackers completely is fun.

Or you'd prefer Toxic Stalling with Recover and Substitute. No really, Toxic/Substitute/Recover/WillOWisp and you're essentially annoying everything without Taunt or is Heatran.

Beedril-M is still a huge threat that now takes hit and run to a whole new level. Adaptability Boosted STAB Megahorn + UTurn firing off that huge Base Attack is sure to make an impact.

Also, kek on Sucker Punch.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
That brings up another fun "I'm a complete tool" tactic though: Endure + Endeavor, provided you're faster than the foe.
Since both Endure and Endeavor will happen at the same time, it won't work. Endure needs to happen before the opponent attacks it in order to survive. Endeavor needs to happen after the opponent attacks it to get the maximum amount of power. Since they are linked, the two moves will always either happen before or after the opponent attacks and not at different times within the turn.

I have an idea Hack_Guy. The priority should be the sum of the linked moves' priorities. So, Spikes + Whirlwind link for example will be 0 + (-6) = -6 priority for the link. Fake Out + Last Resort will be 3 + 0 = +3 priority.

I have an idea Hack_Guy. The priority should be the sum of the linked moves' priorities. So, Spikes + Whirlwind link for example will be 0 + (-6) = -6 priority for the link. Fake Out + Last Resort will be 3 + 0 = +3 priority.
The last thing we need is a +3 Priority Last Resort.

Question: With the current rules, how would this work:

Ambipom uses Fake Out + Last Resort. Aerodacryl uses Earthquake + Stone Edge.

Fake Out will go first. What will be the order of the rest of the moves?

Chatter+boomburst on chatot though

Soundproof and Chansey aside, that actually seems like quite a good wallbreaker.

252 SpA Life Orb Chatot Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 152-179 (23.3 - 27.4%) -- 3.4% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Chatot Chatter vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 70-83 (10.7 - 12.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

3HKOs Lefties Blissey after rocks. Without any confusion damage. With one turn of confusion, Blissey loses if it switches in.

Accelgor @ Mental Herb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Spikes
-Final Gambit
-Protect
filler

At least it can set up a layer of spikes and final gambit at full HP. Not too useless

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
-Belly Drum
-Flare Blitz
filler
filler

Belly Drum and then nuke the opponent. Sure, you won't last that long because you are killing yourself, but you'll wreck almost everything. Calcs:
+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 561-660 (111.5 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 1430-1686 (441.3 - 520.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (even after hitting a King's Shield)
+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Tyranitar: 476-561 (118.1 - 139.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Garchomp: 578-681 (137.6 - 162.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gyarados: 599-705 (152.4 - 179.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Most of these resist Flare Blitz and have high defensive stats on top of it. Also note that once it gets below half HP, you can continue to use the link without dropping your HP because of Belly Drum.

The last thing we need is a +3 Priority Last Resort.

Question: With the current rules, how would this work:

Ambipom uses Fake Out + Last Resort. Aerodacryl uses Earthquake + Stone Edge.

Fake Out will go first. What will be the order of the rest of the moves?
There are so much worse things than a Last Resort coming from Ambipom

Mega Lopunny gets Fake Out + Last Resort with Scrappy and 136 Attack stats

Also this

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Protect
-Earthquake
Toxic and Substitute in the same turn. Maybe useful if opposing pokemon didn't attack twice?

Well, if it absorbs an Ice move that goes before another move, the Substitute has already done its job, and against things that are either set-up+attack or straight-up stall it could be quite the nice combo.

There is something horrifying about being able to combine Feint with literally anything to turn it into Extreme Speed, let alone combining Extreme Speed with something.

Worse yet, Protect is +4 Priority, letting you Protect yourself and go before almost anything in the game.

Dementedly, Helping Hand will let you push another move past any Protect that isn't supported by its own priority, and if you're faster any Protect that isn't backed by Feint or Extreme Speed.

Then you get a Prankster using Roar (-6, goes up to -5 from Prankster) and Helping Hand (+5, goes to +6 from Prankster) and now you have +1 priority Roar.

Since Focus Punch is actually only -3 Priority, combining it with Protect turns it into +1 priority, +2 if you're a Prankster.

Not saying this isn't an interesting solution (It does have some advantages), just pointing out that the implications are kind of contrary to what Hack_Guy has been trying to achieve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)