SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

I have a mystery, I don't believe it's been touched on yet but correct me if I'm wrong. In ORAS once you complete the delta episode and go to the battle resort area you encounter Looker on the beach and he seems to have no recollection of where he is or how he got there. He is taken by someone on the island to their cottage and if you go to the cottage the person caring for him says that he seems to have amnesia. If you talk to Looker himself he confirms that he seems to have amnesia but he also says he feels like he's there for a purpose, or something along those lines anyway. So how/why did Looker end up in the hoenn region? My theory is that it has something to do with hoopa, such as hoopa teleported him there for some reason. I also think that Looker is actually Scott from the Emerald battle frontier, just not yet.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I have a mystery, I don't believe it's been touched on yet but correct me if I'm wrong. In ORAS once you complete the delta episode and go to the battle resort area you encounter Looker on the beach and he seems to have no recollection of where he is or how he got there. He is taken by someone on the island to their cottage and if you go to the cottage the person caring for him says that he seems to have amnesia. If you talk to Looker himself he confirms that he seems to have amnesia but he also says he feels like he's there for a purpose, or something along those lines anyway. So how/why did Looker end up in the hoenn region? My theory is that it has something to do with hoopa, such as hoopa teleported him there for some reason. I also think that Looker is actually Scott from the Emerald battle frontier, just not yet.
Sadly we don't know and from what I heard possibly never will. The game's data has been mined and apparently there's no additional dialogue pertaining to Looker. Once you get the Audinite from him that's all there is to Looker being in ORAS.

Pikachu315111 said:
Sadly we don't know and from what I heard possibly never will. The game's data has been mined and apparently there's no additional dialogue pertaining to Looker. Once you get the Audinite from him that's all there is to Looker being in ORAS.
Even though there is no additional dialogue having to do with Looker, there must be some underlying reason that he is in ORAS other than to give you the Audinite. If that was his only purpose then I don't see why they didn't just have someone else give it to you seeing as he has no connection to Audino.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, there's a secret base, I think on Route 127, described as a place the International Police hid while staking out a robber. That's the only thing I can recall otherwise connecting in any way to Looker and his reason for showing up in Hoenn. Maybe the Audinite was recovered from the thief? This is pretty darn flimsy evidence, though.

I have a theory written about this that I'm just gonna go C/P from neoseekers

quote Fazile
What about that he didn't fell of a ship or a pokemon while flying. But what if he fell out one of the hoops of Hoopa?

I think this is the most likely possibility. Theres a lot of in-game data hinting at a future episode concerning Hoopa. I think that Looker is investigating the disappearance of pokemon and land forms all throughout the world, and in the middle of his investigation, he is ambused by Hoopa and transported to this Hoenn.

Because of this, I actually think this Looker came from Black/white. We know for a fact that B/W is from the other universe, due to the lack of mega evolution. Looker was seen capturing all seven sages in B/W, yet when the sages escape in B2/W2, one of them being the new leader of plasma and committing crimes again, Looker is nowhere to be seen. If looker gets kidnapped by Hoopa and sent to OR/AS, then this explains his appearance in X/Y as well. Not only that, this might also explain the sudden appearance of two different pieces of land suddenly existing and being populated: lentimas town and aspertia city.

About the case about B/W being in the future of ORAS, thats only in THIS reality. different timelines mean different events. WIthout megastones and infinity energy making everything easier, the people might have focused around different advances, such as completing SS unova earlier than the ORAS timeline.

That being said, this point is moot in general, since Hoopa is able to warp space, and most likely time, considering that the legendaries keep all their battle themes from their respective games. So Looker couldve literally came from anywhere.

TLDR: DPP> BW> ORAS > XY. and Looker will probably have a huge importance in an upcoming Hoopa arc

also looker probably isn't scott because the Battle Frontier is already in development, which means Looker had no part in it

MOD EDIT: No double posting, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
also looker probably isn't scott because the Battle Frontier is already in development, which means Looker had no part in it
It probably mean that like the SS Unova, the Frontier was also finished earlier in the Non-Mega timeline

As for Looker being Scott I agree. I don;t think Game Freak is willing to just over haul a character to the point of a name change

It probably mean that like the SS Unova, the Frontier was also finished earlier in the Non-Mega timeline

As for Looker being Scott I agree. I don;t think Game Freak is willing to just over haul a character to the point of a name change
Plus stops Looker coming back in future gens

Now if only they could have someone as awesome as River Song in pokemon. T_T

Anyway very nice catch on the two islands appearing in B/W2.

Now can we answer another mystery? How come the TV trailers for the Arceus movie showed hroudon and Kyogre in it despite them not being in it at all?

Also here's another mystery of pokemon why is there too much water in Hoenn?

Seriously though if deoxys is a space virus that changes at will when reacting to a meteor in the region then doesn't that mean that there's technically an entire asteroid belt filled with deoxys, think about it.

Seriously though if deoxys is a space virus that changes at will when reacting to a meteor in the region then doesn't that mean that there's technically an entire asteroid belt filled with deoxys, think about it.
@ hoenn water; Look at the map, if you count all the islands etc., Hoenn is about 50% land and 50% water (don't take into account the open sea beyond Dewford/Ever Grande city). I think it's supposed to reflect groudon and kyogre's dichotomy.

deoxys; I think it probably does mean there are lots of deoxys :D Perhaps there are other outer-space-Pokémon too?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Now can we answer another mystery? How come the TV trailers for the Arceus movie showed hroudon and Kyogre in it despite them not being in it at all?

1. Pokemon Movie trailers tend to do that. If I recall when HGSS was released the initial movie trailer for the 15th movie (Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice) had Lugia and Ho-Oh battling. Guess who don't appear in the 15th movie? For the 13th movie (Zoroark: Master of Illusion) the trailer showed Zoroark having disguised herself as Ash and attacks them. In the movie, the only time Zoroark transforms into Ash is at the very end when its heading back home to Unova as a joke. The Pokemon Movie trailers like to show off cool scenes which often don't appear in the movie. I think usually you can tell by the quality of the animation. If the animation looks like typical movie clip it's probably from the movie, but if there's something a bit extra to the animation it might be there just for the trailer.

2. Because one of Hoenn's theme is Land vs. Water, thus half the region is water. If you don't like it just use a Repel (preferably Super Repel), by the time you'll need to Surf you'll have plenty of money or have ways of getting more money.

3. I'm sure there are plenty of Deoxys or at least the virus that it came from floating around in space. I don't know about an entire asteroid belt filled with them, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear is somewhere in space there's colonies of Deoxys.

deoxys; I think it probably does mean there are lots of deoxys :D Perhaps there are other outer-space-Pokémon too?
Yeah, Lunatone, Solrock, Clefairy family, Elgyem family, and I'm sure a few more. ;)

Honestly I don't think we'll really explore outer-space-Pokemon that much. However I think they could make an "Alien-type", they already have a few Pokemon and how hard is it to make alien creatures?

1. Pokemon Movie trailers tend to do that. If I recall when HGSS was released the initial movie trailer for the 15th movie (Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice) had Lugia and Ho-Oh battling. Guess who don't appear in the 15th movie? For the 13th movie (Zoroark: Master of Illusion) the trailer showed Zoroark having disguised herself as Ash and attacks them. In the movie, the only time Zoroark transforms into Ash is at the very end when its heading back home to Unova as a joke. The Pokemon Movie trailers like to show off cool scenes which often don't appear in the movie. I think usually you can tell by the quality of the animation. If the animation looks like typical movie clip it's probably from the movie, but if there's something a bit extra to the animation it might be there just for the trailer.
And don't forget that original Japanese trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back. That was weird.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Another true mystery of the Pokémon series: Why are HM numbers labelled with two digits, when there haven't been more than eight HMs in any generation to date?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Another true mystery of the Pokémon series: Why are HM numbers labelled with two digits, when there haven't been more than eight HMs in any generation to date?
Because they didn't want to feel left out from the other TMs.

Why are TMs labelled with two digits when now have a three digit one?
Because TM100 is Confide, its a secret.

Serious answers:
My guess is that it's just a leftover quirk from the early days of Pokemon. All TMs were two digits and so HMs were also made two digit even though they less than 10. Made everything look nice and even.
2. Like the previous answer, my guess the reason TMs don't have 3 digits now is because its tradition for them to be two digit unless they enter into the 3 digits.

There's a scientist in Devon Corporation who talks about making Pokémon's dreams accessible, and wants to do it before his faraway rival (in Unova perhaps). Return of the Dream World, anyone?

There's a scientist in Devon Corporation who talks about making Pokémon's dreams accessible, and wants to do it before his faraway rival (in Unova perhaps). Return of the Dream World, anyone?
That;s actually a nod to the original RSE, where that same scientist was working on the same thing, sans Unova rival mention obviously

It's a nod to Fennel, who had developed the means to make Pokemon dreams viewable in Black/White, not necessarily a return of the Dream World.

We need to start asking the important questions, like how is Eelektross flying?
Fairy dust and happy thoughts.
(or)
Nanomachines, son.
(or eletromagnetism like Sakuretsu said).

Now for an Easter Egg hunt, and there are a ton of them in ORAS. Off the top of my head:
1. The Serebii Pokearth map
2. When you enter the Petalburg Gym, everyone has their shoes off. Even you.
3. In Rustbuoro, a Cooltrainer gives you a float stone which halves your weight. When you leave and come back, he'll be a Hiker instead.
4. You get the Gardevoirite and Galladeite from Cosmo and Wanda.
5. Everything in Sea Mauville and the Aqua/Magma Hideout.

One other thing I wanted to mention, a while ago before this game came out I wondered why Magma or Aqua would steal a submarine when they had Wailmer to dive with. Somebody pointed out that they may have needed the sub's torpedoes to blow open the undersea cavern. And that theory turned out to be correct, sort of. Now they needed to steal the sub and then retrofit it with a drill to open the cavern. Clever.

Any other small easter eggs you can find? Doesn't matter how little.

Fairy dust and happy thoughts.
(or)
Nanomachines, son.
(or eletromagnetism like Sakuretsu said).

Now for an Easter Egg hunt, and there are a ton of them in ORAS. Off the top of my head:
1. The Serebii Pokearth map
2. When you enter the Petalburg Gym, everyone has their shoes off. Even you.
3. In Rustbuoro, a Cooltrainer gives you a float stone which halves your weight. When you leave and come back, he'll be a Hiker instead.
4. You get the Gardevoirite and Galladeite from Cosmo and Wanda.
5. Everything in Sea Mauville and the Aqua/Magma Hideout.

One other thing I wanted to mention, a while ago before this game came out I wondered why Magma or Aqua would steal a submarine when they had Wailmer to dive with. Somebody pointed out that they may have needed the sub's torpedoes to blow open the undersea cavern. And that theory turned out to be correct, sort of. Now they needed to steal the sub and then retrofit it with a drill to open the cavern. Clever.

Any other small easter eggs you can find? Doesn't matter how little.
Don't forget paint it up like a Camerupt/Sharpedo. 'Cause that was clearly super important.

Does anyone know what's up with the girl that appears in Phoebe's chair? My neighbor got to that part and we saw her. Beyond creepy stuff.

And don't forget that original Japanese trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back. That was weird.
Actually, there is a pretty good reason for that: after the porygon incident and the discovery of the franchise's popularity, they retooled the movie because it was intended as a series finale. The other movies have no such excuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)