Multi Gen Weekend Tournaments - FINALS - Won by ZoroarkForever

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
don't we have an adv sample teams thread? yohoe posted the link for gen 5 sample teams cos most of the chat didnt have teams, so teams shouldn't be an issue

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just build an ADV team if you don't have one. Are you seriously that pathetically lazy. We have so many gen 6/5 tours everyday, if you want to play in these just be in the Ubers room for 5 minutes.

It's not so much a matter of laziness as it is simply nobody caring about ADV Ubers. And why should we? There's actually the occasional tour setting for old gens like DPP and BW, as well as members of those communities that are still active on smogon today. ADV Ubers hasn't nearly enough tour settings in the last few years, and everyone that played it when it was out (to my knowledge) is retired now. This leaves us with nobody with real experience in the tier to consult for the few casual games that we might end up playing, and until recently there wasn't even a ladder for it (I don't even think the ladder we currently have is active). There's very little motivation to learn ADV Ubers because of this, and as a result very few people end up playing it. While it would be interesting to see the tier get more exposure I can't see it happening any time soon, as everyone will be focused on SPL for the next few months.

But I mean, even if there were tour settings, would people really be interested in those? The tier's dramatically different from the Ubers most of us are used to, and therefore there's a sharp learning curve which a lot of us (myself included) dislike.

On a different note I'd be very happy with DPP Ubers or potentially XY :>
I think it's worth investing a bit in ADV. By investing in tour play you can create a tournament setting and explore the tier. Unless someone is willing to "force" players to builder (players like me who have resources but are too lazy) shit won't happen. It's a great tier imo and the issue with less battlers must surely not be that big since we aren't exactly doing this very often? Also Ubers forums are multi-gen atm which means that if nobody cares about ADV Ubers then we are doing it wrong.

So give ADV a try, I'm 100 % joining if that is so.

Last edited:

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Alright, looks like we're doing ADV! :3 (ADV is Gen 3 if you didn't know -_-)

To go along with bragging rights of being the VERY FIRST ADV winner; you also get to change Sweep's avatar for a WHOLE WEEK!

In the case of you not having team(s), shrang was kind enough to start a Sample Teams thread!

If you want to make your own team(s), but aren't very sure how ADV works, here are some links to help you learn, also found in shrang's thread: General Discussion and the Viability Rankings

As for the time, I've been asked multiple times to start them later the I usually do. How does 6:00 PM GMT -5 sound?

Tell your friends o_o

Alright, looks like we're doing ADV! :3 (ADV is Gen 3 if you didn't know -_-)

To go along with bragging rights of being the VERY FIRST ADV winner; you also get to change Sweep's avatar for a WHOLE WEEK!

In the case of you not having team(s), shrang was kind enough to start a Sample Teams thread!

If you want to make your own team(s), but aren't very sure how ADV works, here are some links to help you learn, also found in shrang's thread: General Discussion and the Viability Rankings

As for the time, I've been asked multiple times to start them later the I usually do. How does 6:00 PM GMT -5 sound?

Tell your friends o_o
This is midnight for me. It may not be an issue for me, but in a tour where you want to have as much potential players I think you should make it start at something like 10pm gmt+1. Poor Asians/down unders btw :(

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It may not be an issue for me, but in a tour where you want to have as much potential players I think you should make it start at something like 10pm gmt+1. Poor Asians/down unders btw :(
More people from North America and Europe play than people from Asia and Australia, so if you are trying to maximize the potential players you will cater to the timezone where most players are coming from, which is exactly what the purposed time is.

most europeans are nocturnal at this time of year anyways so midnight my time suits me just fine, even if i wont be playing i will be spectating oO

Yeah well it wouldn't hurt to do it slightly earlier is all I'm saying, if it stays this way I'm fine with it too but it would be more optimal.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
The time isn't set in stone. There's a good chance I do it a bit earlier; just need suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)