Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello!
1) How do I use CAP Pokemon on my team on Showdown? It didn't let me use them on OU because they are 'not real Pokemon'
2) Where would I post ideas for future CAP projects?
Welcome to CAP!
1) In order to use CAP Pokémon in battles, you must select "CAP" under "Other Metagames". The CAP ladder is unavailable at the moment because of the playtest.

2) When the next CAP starts, the first stage is to choose a concept to build the Pokémon around. You can submit a concept there if you like.

To get started, I suggest you read this: http://www.smogon.com/cap/articles/newcomers_guide

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
not at the moment. we're currently in the Policy Review cycle and we probably won't start the next project until ORAS settles in

I have three questions
1) are we allowed to create a new weather affect?
2) Are we allowed to create a new move the CAP pokemon can learn?
3) Where do i submit concepts?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have three questions
1) are we allowed to create a new weather affect?
2) Are we allowed to create a new move the CAP pokemon can learn?
3) Where do i submit concepts?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
1) no
2) we used to, but not anymore
3) they will open after the TL and TLT for the next CAP are chosen, which will happen after we finish Policy Review discussion

What do i do if i have an Idea of a CAP Pokemon to be created... y'know, like if i wanted to post about a new CAP pokemon that i'd like to see created from my imagination?

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What do i do if i have an Idea of a CAP Pokemon to be created... y'know, like if i wanted to post about a new CAP pokemon that i'd like to see created from my imagination?
You keep it to yourself and never speak of it because that isn't even remotely how the process works. It's a community effort, not individuals submitting fakemon. Go here if you have any more questions on the process.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could there be a possibility of adding a cap for Fun section, where we make Pokemon just to practice the CAP Pokemon making system?
That's probably not going to happen. But sometimes we make "Flash CAPs" on IRC, though they don't happen too often.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Could there be a possibility of adding a cap for Fun section, where we make Pokemon just to practice the CAP Pokemon making system?
The best bet to get "used" to the CaP system is to read back over the CaP Process archive. Then possibly sit back and watch a project happen, and then get involved with a Prevo to get a little bit of a gist. Prevo's are for purely flavour reasons, but you can still get an idea of how a proper CaP runs. Then think about how you can get involved with the next full CaP project.

I agree that looking through the process archive is a great place to start to learn how the process goes.
It's all good and well saying lurk for a couple of CAPs but when a whole project lasts at least couple of months and the downtime between projects is almost as equally long, it can be frustrating for newcomers to sit back and wait nearly half a year, if not longer, before they feel like their participation would be accepted.

So I disagree with lurking as long as three conditions are fulfilled:
-The first is to definitely read the process archives, get a feel for what happens in each stage, and how to discuss each part (that means learn the CAP lingo and format of discussion).
-Learn the OU metagame if you already haven't, after all CAPs are created with that in mind. Before you write about an existing pokemon, ask yourself if its currently relevent in OU and if it is does it use the set that you're going to bring up.
-Finally, and most importantly, listen to the advice that experienced CAP contributors give you, if you don't understand where you think you've gone wrong, just ask. It's alright to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence should be able to do the above successfully and then go on to enjoy their inaugural CAP.

Ununhexium

I was wondering if anyone would let me join in on making Cap Pokemon, I really want to help
Sure! How CAP works is a Topic Leader and his team are chosen (we're in a Policy Review stage at the moment so there aren't really any projects going on) then when we go through the various steps of creating the Pokemon you can post all you want! If you're ever in need of help you can come to #cap on IRC or PM a project leader (like the aforementioned Topic Leader and Topic Leadership Team)

Are CAP Concepts that revolve around mega evolution still banned?
When I looked it up, I found one post that said they were banned. However, it was made over a year ago, before ΩRαS.

Sorry if this has been already asked, but in Gen VI, Egg moves can be relearned via the Reminder. This means that Necturna can relearn Sketch as many times as it wants, defeating the purpose. What would we do about this?

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry if this has been already asked, but in Gen VI, Egg moves can be relearned via the Reminder. This means that Necturna can relearn Sketch as many times as it wants, defeating the purpose. What would we do about this?
We still treat it as if Necturna can only learn Sketch one time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)