XY OU I'm cool because I play pokemon

I decided to play the ladder tour and got top 8 ( I didn't use the same team and I played like 40 games drunk so if you think im bad fuck you even though you're right). A bit after I used the same team to ladder and eventually got #1 in OU even though it took 2 minutes to make and it's probably terrible. Some kids asked for the team and because I don't wanna do college apps the logical conclusion is to make a RMT of it.

Oh yeah not too important but kinda have to exclusively rely on volt-turning and double switching with this team if you want to kill anything and not get swept btw.

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

I'm pretty sure most RMTs put the most uncommon set at the end but this was first in the teambuilder and I'm not doing any of you the favor of formatting this well, sorry. Scarf diggersby is insanely underused for some reason even though it can more or less do at least 80% to any offensive mon without life orb. Jolly is kind of useless unless you want to outspeed Manectric, and adamant still outspeeds+ohkos greninja. I always get free momentum with this which is really important considering my two defensive mons pretty much cover the same threats... Regardless scarf diggersby is really good and can surprise your opponent with a return/eq OHKO pretty often because scouting is for nerds.

calcs on why jolly is for losers

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 288-339 (96.3 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 262-309 (87.6 - 103.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 157-186 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 144-169 (45.1 - 52.9%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 237-279 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 259-306 (85.7 - 101.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO 2HKO

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Everyone kind of forgot about Rotom-Wash, probably because it looks retarded, so the current state of the meta tends to benefit it( same goes with ORAS). I really needed this to check birds, and the 40 speed is to get the slower u-turn on other scrotom-mashes (44 speed is standard and was originally used for jolly bd azumarill, but no one fucking uses that anymore it's for nerds), and I can still outspeed some slow threats running speed investment. Anyways its also an overall great check to a lot of the metagame and pisses stall off with pain split, status and momentum
so I guess it's a good choice.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Idk why people were giving M-Heracross more credit than Gardevoir as a stallbreaker and overall better pokemon. Gardevoir is faster, has a stronger attack that's rarely resisted, and can both prevent walls from recovering as well as boosting in calm mind, which I originally had over taunt. Taunt has more utility in preventing gardevoir from being statused as well as preventing recovery. Gard is insanely bulky specially as well as hitting like a truck, and offensive teams more or less have no switch-ins. TBH I have no clue what the EVS in defense are for, pretty sure they're for bisharp sucker punch but idk it doesn't really matter.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is easily one of my favorite pokemon competitively, and because I'm a really sophisticated and diverse pokemon player I tend to put him on almost every team i use. I usually try to avoid using it because I throw it on so many teams so often, but it ends up filling so many rolls and walling such a large portion of the metagame I keep it on anyway. I used the standard EV spread but I used sassy (+Spdef) instead of +def because I needed an overall physical wall. With this spread, ferro can switch into a hyper voice, take a focus blast and OHKO with gyro ball on a gardevoir. The moves I gave it are pretty standard, so nothing else to really verify.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

I think this is the introspective point of a RMT when most (normal) people realize what they're doing.I'm spending upwards of 30 minutes talking about a team for a kids game I spent less than 5 minutes making. Isn't that kind of sad? Why are we here? What did we go to get to this point? Why did I watch some girl being physically abused by her boyfriend in a park last week and not care at all? Is there something wrong with me?

Yeah anyways Keldeo is an absolute monster just like it was in BW2, probably one of the only viable users of choice specs in XY OU unless you want to include Sylveon. Teams haven't stopped preparing for it, but that doesn't mean it wont give well made teams trouble. I've switched back and forth from Icy wind and HP electric for Gyarados, as it just sweeps my team if Ferro isn't healthy. My import will say Icy wind for lati@s, but HP electric/ hp flying is a better choice in most situations.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

I needed some reliable and strong priority now that I chose not to run quick attack on diggersby, and bisharp seemed like a good choice considering how weak I was to slowbro/ jirachi/ celebi etc etc. Life orb is to get more damage on Clefable, and adamant isn't needed anymore because Aegislash is dead. It's still a great late game sweeper and is sometimes overlooked when people are teambuilding. Knock off spam is still alive and well. I considered running substitute on Bisharp for a little while, but it doesn't seem worthwhile considering I'll likely never get a defog boost, and it's hp will be chipped away by Life orb damage.

Threats:

DD zardx (who uses this anymore, right?)
Zardy
Venusaur
Medicham
LO Gengar
Terrakion

Here are some high quality replays (i never save them sorry)

boudouche http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-176423982
lil manaphy http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-178191041

so yeah that's it I guess. If I made any grammatical errors just type out a draft of what I did wrong, then close your eyes and run into moving traffic.

Importable:

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

EDIT :
Guess I'll update this one last time to finish team off, seeing as I'm probably never playing XY again because i choked on my own dick in OLT.

If Charx really bothers you( which it should), replacing diggersby with scarf lando p much fixes that problem sort of if they're not jolly dd. If you're keeping diggersby, then change it to jolly because i've been proven wrong by about 30 people with adamant v. jolly

This team poops on stall, and has trouble with sciz, so wisp gard like trc said is most likely better than taunt.

change keld to hp elec for gyara

thanks for reading arguably the worst rmt to ever make teamshowcase.

stay chimpin' everybody !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, if you trully wanny be slower than opposing rotoms, run 0 speed investment, it's not like you will ever benefit from speed tying with azu.

I also think you should 're-considder jolly bunny, as mega man, mega aero and mega zam puts a lot of pressure onto the team, but w/e

Finally the def evs on garde or to always take two lo latios psyshock, but you only need 24 for that, so might as well buff 8 more evs into spa

Sorry for the nitpick rate, I mainly did it to let you hear my opinion on the shit you talk. Just because someone plays a ton of Pokemon does not mean they are autistic or weird in any way, and most like yourself have normal life and tons of friends.

harsha edit: no need to be so scathing

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hate how you talk about the game, and the community, judging people based on the games they play, jet you see yourself as a non-autistic? Whatever

AAlright, if you trully wanny be slower than opposing rotoms, run 0 speed investment, it's not like you will ever benefit from speed tying with azu.

I also think you should 're-considder jolly bunny, as mega man, mega aero and mega zam puts a lot of pressure onto the team, but w/e

Finally the def evs on garde or to always take two lo latios psyshock, but you only need 24 for that, so might as well buff 8 more evs into spa

Sorry for the nitpick rate, I mainly did it to let you hear my opinion on the shit you talk. Just because someone plays a ton of Pokemon does not mean they are autistic or weird in any way, and most like yourself have normal life and tons of friends.

Yes, you are spending 30 min. On a team for a "kids" (if you even spend that much time) but you are wrong! The gameplay is mild enough to be played by kids, however this only means that it contains no violence, sexual scenes, rough language, discrimination etc. However the mathematical skill level and understanding of game mechanics required to fully enjoy the game, no children will be able to understand that, and it was definitely not just slapped in.

Your just really hypocritical, if you don't enjoy this kids game, quit playing, if you do enjoy, don't call your fellow Pokemon players autistic BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST THE SAME! Did you only post this rmt to make us feel bad?
Thanks for the rate!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

I really hate how you talk about the game, and the community, judging people based on the games they play, jet you see yourself as a non-autistic? Whatever

AAlright, if you trully wanny be slower than opposing rotoms, run 0 speed investment, it's not like you will ever benefit from speed tying with azu.

Yes, you are spending 30 min. On a team for a "kids" (if you even spend that much time) but you are wrong! The gameplay is mild enough to be played by kids, however this only means that it contains no violence, sexual scenes, rough language, discrimination etc. However the mathematical skill level and understanding of game mechanics required to fully enjoy the game, no children will be able to understand that, and it was definitely not just slapped in.

Your just really hypocritical, if you don't enjoy this kids game, quit playing, if you do enjoy, don't call your fellow Pokemon players autistic BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST THE SAME! Did you only post this rmt to make us feel bad?
A true champ here...

Hey, this team is pretty cool! I have a few suggestions:
  • On Keldeo, I would maybe switch out Hydro Pump for HP Flying. Although Hydro Pump is a lot more powerful, Scald has more utility with the burn chance. HP Flying is a great coverage move that can deal with Pokemon like Venusaur (which you noted was a threat to this team).
  • For Ferrothorn, I'm not sure how I feel about Protect. While it's helpful in conjunction with Leech Seed (and scouting), you might be better off with Power Whip or Thunder Wave. Power Whip is Ferrothorn's greatest grass STAB, and Thunder Wave is to help slow down Pokemon for the rest of your team. You can even use Knock Off as a utility to remove the opponent's item, but I would go for the first two.
  • As a little nitpick, make sure all of your specially-oriented Pokemon have 0 IVs in Attack. This will help reduce damage from moves like Foul Play and confusion damage.
Due to mobile limitations I can't provide a full rate but I hope I helped.
Good luck on your team! =)

Hey, this team is pretty cool! I have a few suggestions:
  • On Keldeo, I would maybe switch out Hydro Pump for HP Flying. Although Hydro Pump is a lot more powerful, Scald has more utility with the burn chance. HP Flying is a great coverage move that can deal with Pokemon like Venusaur (which you noted was a threat to this team).
  • For Ferrothorn, I'm not sure how I feel about Protect. While it's helpful in conjunction with Leech Seed (and scouting), you might be better off with Power Whip or Thunder Wave. Power Whip is Ferrothorn's greatest grass STAB, and Thunder Wave is to help slow down Pokemon for the rest of your team. You can even use Knock Off as a utility to remove the opponent's item, but I would go for the first two.
  • As a little nitpick, make sure all of your specially-oriented Pokemon have 0 IVs in Attack. This will help reduce damage from moves like Foul Play and confusion damage.
Due to mobile limitations I can't provide a full rate but I hope I helped.
Good luck on your team! =)
Keldeo needs Hydro Pump as a nuke. If I want HP flying I'd replace icy wind. Thunder wave isn't a good choice with gyro ball. I've actually tried everything you've offered for Ferrothorn at some point. If I were to replace protect with an attack, I'd likely run rocky helmet instead of leftovers. Protect is also important for forcing 50/50s with Medicham. I actually might try some other attacks instead of Gyro ball, but 2hkoing Latios, ohkoing gardevoir and ohkoing gengar is really useful.

Thanks for the help, man.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Sup Henry u kind it get rekt by M-Manectric u should run Jolly and ur Bunny or make more SpDef Rotom-W even replace it for AV Raikou although tbh Rotom-W is better. If u want been slower than other Rotoms run non speed investment and 30Ivs cuz i don't think is worth it speed tie with Jolly Azu anyways so there is my suggestions sets :
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This Ev Spread allows to take 2 T-Bolt from Timid M-Manectric

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

I Hope i Help u and gl :]

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
#1 in ou wtf are talking about. Magnezone wrecks your team yo replace rotom or keldeo. PS so what if lil manaphy used it. Its an ok team not Arcues op like
Scarf Diggersby is not common and it will surprise outspeed Scarf Magnezone. Bishard X2 Sucker punch kills it. so threat is gone and Henry wins the battle :)
Also i would suggest Dread plate over Life orb as there will be not much Recoil and Bisharp with Dark moves are much more used compare to steel which is Iron head.

I would consider adding a second ground resist to the team, because although it's certainly possible to play around sand offense is kind of a pain for this team. I know it doesn't put on the same level of pressure as scarf rabbit, but scarf Landorus-t might be useful, given the utility intimidate gives bulky offense, as well as revenging fairly well and giving your team a sturdier Excadrill switch in. I know sand isn't as common, and you lose some KOs but I think it would help you check a lot of things. Just something to consider.

Also I would consider thunder wave on ferrothorn over protect, this makes it less solid but does wonders against offense, letting Gardevoir get the 2hkos it can't against some faster bulkier mons. Power whip might also be decent for helping against gyarados, but I don't see too much it can set up on so that's less important in my opinion.

Congrats on the peak!

MushMunkey

Banned deucer.
Congrats henry you're so fricking awesome!!!11111!!1!1 Maybe if I try I can become like you man1!!!1!1111 also your team suks

epic team :O

id run wow garde since stall isnt that threatening with gard + specs keld + lo sd sharp and mzor + something that weakens keld can be a pain if it's free to switch in.

nice team :^)

Yeah, you cannot be sarcastic over text, as text contains pure information, regardless of the reader and the writer. You can be sarcastic in person, as most people are able to judge that with eye contact, and the tune your talking in.
He's right Henry satire doesnt exist.
I'd suggest hp elec on keld or pwhip on ferro, just because of how hard does buttfucks you at +1

what do you have for zard X? i mean i guess hydro kinda deals with it, but not really. i guess you can play around it with risky predictions, but still your team is absolutely destroyed by a plus 1 zard X. you have to hope you have bisharp alive still and hope for a sucker revenge kill?

Last edited:
Guess I'll update this one last time to finish team off, seeing as I'm probably never playing XY again because i choked on my own dick in OLT.

If Charx really bothers you( which it should), replacing diggersby with scarf lando p much fixes that problem sort of if they're not jolly dd. If you're keeping diggersby, then change it to jolly because i've been proven wrong by about 30 people with adamant v. jolly

This team poops on stall, and has trouble with sciz, so wisp gard like trc said is most likely better than taunt.

change keld to hp elec for gyara

thanks for reading arguably the worst rmt to ever make teamshowcase.

stay chimpin' everybody !!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)