General Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone o/

I've played Pokémon during my whole childhood (since blue on my lime green GameBoy Golor S2) but quitted playing it for a while. The very last generation I played was the third one, R/S/E. I restarted playing Pokémon on VI generation and I felt quite lost. Many changes and many Pokémon I did't know showed up. Now I'm looking forward to get in the game again and learn everything it has to be learned about the new game mechanics, breeding methods, strategies and so on. In order to do so I would really appreciate receiving a mentor to help me out with that. And by the way, I'm playing Pokémon X and I live in Germany, although I'm Brazilian.

Hello everyone o/

I've played Pokémon during my whole childhood (since blue on my lime green GameBoy Golor S2) but quitted playing it for a while. The very last generation I played was the third one, R/S/E. I restarted playing Pokémon on VI generation and I felt quite lost. Many changes and many Pokémon I did't know showed up. Now I'm looking forward to get in the game again and learn everything it has to be learned about the new game mechanics, breeding methods, strategies and so on. In order to do so I would really appreciate receiving a mentor to help me out with that. And by the way, I'm playing Pokémon X and I live in Germany, although I'm Brazilian.
Hi there. Yeah, a lot has happened since the days of RSE. You can use this form to help you find a mentor for whatever you need. Hope you enjoy being here!

Hey everyone, i've been playing pokemon since Blue when it came out in the States. My favorite game by far is Soul Silver, it just reignited my childhood :P

My favorite Pokemon is Espeon, my favorite type is fire.

I just got into competitive battling, but im not new to the whole breeding for perfection scene. I know how to breed for perfect IV's, egg moves, etc. I also know good balances for EV training. My main struggle is putting together a 6 person team where everyone's moves are beneficial for everyone else on the team. Once i get that down i will be a force to be reckoned with :P

Anyways, just saying HI TO ALL!!! and can't wait to help or be helped :)))

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone, i've been playing pokemon since Blue when it came out in the States. My favorite game by far is Soul Silver, it just reignited my childhood :P

My favorite Pokemon is Espeon, my favorite type is fire.

I just got into competitive battling, but im not new to the whole breeding for perfection scene. I know how to breed for perfect IV's, egg moves, etc. I also know good balances for EV training. My main struggle is putting together a 6 person team where everyone's moves are beneficial for everyone else on the team. Once i get that down i will be a force to be reckoned with :P

Anyways, just saying HI TO ALL!!! and can't wait to help or be helped :)))
Hey there, Soul Silver is one of my favorite games :3

Yeah, that's the hard part haha. Why don't just play around on Pokemon Showdown to test your skills? Welcome to Smogon!

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Yeah my friend told me about that, but it doesnt really help when i have a set team i want to use hahaha but yeah ill check it out
Making the team is one of the hardest but most important parts of the whole experience, you know! It can be fun if you don't think too hard about it, especially if you're a beginner.

Hey im Umbers (Jake) im a brand new breeder and love battles I would also lpve for people to tell me to how to improve as I always want to aspire to do better still buildingy team but im almost there
Also where is the main wi-fi battle foru. Just trying to find everyng @-@

Minus

Hey im Umbers (Jake) im a brand new breeder and love battles I would also lpve for people to tell me to how to improve as I always want to aspire to do better still buildingy team but im almost there
Also where is the main wi-fi battle foru. Just trying to find everyng @-@
The main Wifi forum is here. You can post a trade shop there! Also, Battle Requests go here and Wifi Tournaments are here. Welcome to Smogon!

Hey I'm Chris. I'm 22 and loved pokemon since i was young etc. I started checking out Smogon a while ago I recently decided to make an account because I want to get better at battling and battle more often as well as trading. Pm me for wi-fi(X/Y/ORAS) or a trade or whatever. No Laptop rn so no PS at the moment but I plan to resolve that soon.

Hello all! I'm Jared, but you can call me X-terminate if that's what you're in to. I was referred to this thread by a pretty cool guy named NixHex who I'm sure most of you already know. I've been on smogon quite a bit but mostly as a lurker. I'm looking to get more involved in what seems like a great community. I'm active on showdown a lot mostly in lobby. So if you see me on there and are looking for a friend or someone to chat with I would love to oblige! Mainly play OU and randbats if you're looking for a battle instead!

Hey I'm Chris. I'm 22 and loved pokemon since i was young etc. I started checking out Smogon a while ago I recently decided to make an account because I want to get better at battling and battle more often as well as trading. Pm me for wi-fi(X/Y/ORAS) or a trade or whatever. No Laptop rn so no PS at the moment but I plan to resolve that soon.
Hi Chris. Hope you can get those computer issues sorted out. We'd love to see you on PS!.

Hello all! I'm Jared, but you can call me X-terminate if that's what you're in to. I was referred to this thread by a pretty cool guy named NixHex who I'm sure most of you already know. I've been on smogon quite a bit but mostly as a lurker. I'm looking to get more involved in what seems like a great community. I'm active on showdown a lot mostly in lobby. So if you see me on there and are looking for a friend or someone to chat with I would love to oblige! Mainly play OU and randbats if you're looking for a battle instead!
Hello Jared. Seems like you're already pretty knowledgeable about Smogon and PS!, so it won't take you long to get used to the community. You should be able to start contributing right away :)

Hey guys, I'm lilSpikey. I've had this account for almost half a year now, but I'm just starting to try and be apart of the community. My favorite tiers as of now are PU and RU, although I'm trying to get into doubles. I wouldn't say that I'm a very good battler, but it is very fun for me. I started playing in platinum, but recently started playing competitively. I'm very excited to be here.

P.S. If anyone knows how to get the little thing with all of the types and your favorite pokemon of that type, please tell me :)

Hi!

I'm All Nine Clouds, I'm eighteen years old my first pokemon was pokemon yellow so I've been playing for a while! I've played almost every pokemon game over the years, including some of the games on gamecube as well, and I am a big fan of the series! Having said that, the last few years I haven't been playing pokemon as much as I used to, but I picked up a copy of Omega Ruby a few days ago and I am hooked again, Ruby and Sapphire were two of my favourite pokemon games.

I never really got too into the competitive side of pokemon, however I might try to explore that side of pokemon a little more this time around. I have used simulators such as Pokemon Showdown before, so I do know my way around the competitive side a bit but I am still learning a lot. If there is anyone who liked competitive and might want to play with me sometime, I would love to, just drop me a PM!

Nice to meet you all and hope to see you all soon!

~All Nine Clouds

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey guys, I'm lilSpikey. I've had this account for almost half a year now, but I'm just starting to try and be apart of the community. My favorite tiers as of now are PU and RU, although I'm trying to get into doubles. I wouldn't say that I'm a very good battler, but it is very fun for me. I started playing in platinum, but recently started playing competitively. I'm very excited to be here.

P.S. If anyone knows how to get the little thing with all of the types and your favorite pokemon of that type, please tell me :)
Hi lilSpikey!
Nice to see you're joining the community! Have you tried out the rooms of your favorite tiers? You can discuss strategies and other stuff about them there. If you would like help with your battling, go here to PM a mentor. Have a great time and I hope to see you in Showdown!

P.S. Sorry I don't know about the type/pokemon thing. I would like to know about that, too! :I
Hi!

I'm All Nine Clouds, I'm eighteen years old my first pokemon was pokemon yellow so I've been playing for a while! I've played almost every pokemon game over the years, including some of the games on gamecube as well, and I am a big fan of the series! Having said that, the last few years I haven't been playing pokemon as much as I used to, but I picked up a copy of Omega Ruby a few days ago and I am hooked again, Ruby and Sapphire were two of my favourite pokemon games.

I never really got too into the competitive side of pokemon, however I might try to explore that side of pokemon a little more this time around. I have used simulators such as Pokemon Showdown before, so I do know my way around the competitive side a bit but I am still learning a lot. If there is anyone who liked competitive and might want to play with me sometime, I would love to, just drop me a PM!

Nice to meet you all and hope to see you all soon!

~All Nine Clouds
Hello All Nine Clouds!
So...do I just post one welcome or nine for all of you clouds? :3 Anyways, it's pretty cool to see that you've been playing since Generation 1! Yeah, RSE were my favorites, too. I got Alpha Sapphire, though. If you would like some help improving your competitive skills, go here as it is a great guide for learners! It is also good to get an overview of the different tiers. Have fun (and yes, I might battle you if I see you around! :] )!

Hi everyone,
I have been a long time lurker here at Smogon. I've been playing Pokemon since the original Ruby
and sapphire games. Started dabbling in ev training and breeding for natures in Diamond. And then breeding for good Ivs in Platinum. Just recently started battling on line and beat the battle Maison bosses in super singles and super doubles. Love the game and want to improve my knowledge and be better at making creative teams and battling humans! I look forward to participating here more in the future!

Hello Everybody!

My current identity is "Desuchan," but I would enjoy the name "Youmu" because it is part of my Pokemon Showdown name!

Anyways with that out of the way, I've been a long time lurker of Smogon University when I began competitive battling in the D/P/Pt/HG/SS era. I largely disappeared from Pokemon outside of a few Pokemon Showdown games for the time being until the OR/AS remakes have been released. As a fan of the 3rd generation games, I highly enjoy OR/AS and decided to come back to the Pokemon metagame. I am a player of OU standard, but I am willingly to look into the UU, Doubles, and VGC environments! I am not perfect or anything special, so I would like to expand my knowledge of Pokemon and balance creativity with skill.

I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi, I'm Epoch. I've been playing since Emerald, but now I'm trying to get into the competitive schtik. So... Yeah...

Hello smogon! Made an account around last year to lurk/learn the ways of pokemon starting with x/y this time around with ORAS I'm hoping to jump into battling and make some friends along the way. Pretty much no previous pokemon experience besides childhood and playing casually. Little did I know breeding and battling is hardcore. brah

Hey there!
I started playing Pokemon with Yellow and I've always enjoyed it since. I actually joined Smogon a few years ago near the end of DPPt, but I was never active and just lurked. Although I didn't ever get into competitive battling all that much, I tried to at least stay vaguely aware of what was going on in the metagame. Recently, my interest has been rekindled and I've been playing around some in NU. I remembered that I still had an account and figured I'd try and get involved in the community this time!

Hi! My name's Neo. I'm 14, and have been playing Pokemon since 2007. I started with Pokemon Diamond, and then I got hooked! I have heard of Smogon before, but hadn't thought of looking into it until recently. I joined Smogon because I wanted to get an edge in the battle scene, and I wanted to meet other people who like Pokemon as well!

Hello guys. My name is Vince, and I'm new here.

I just bought my VERY FIRST Nintedo 3DS and Pokemon Omega Sapphire, so I'd like one person to answer my questions about the game and the device. Lol. Also, it would be fun to participate at the vents here.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi everyone,
I have been a long time lurker here at Smogon. I've been playing Pokemon since the original Ruby
and sapphire games. Started dabbling in ev training and breeding for natures in Diamond. And then breeding for good Ivs in Platinum. Just recently started battling on line and beat the battle Maison bosses in super singles and super doubles. Love the game and want to improve my knowledge and be better at making creative teams and battling humans! I look forward to participating here more in the future!
Hi Genie!
I started at the same time as you: RSE <3! I've never really delved into breeding for IVs, though. Why don't you try out the "Wi-Fi" room in Showdown? You can discuss battling, trading, and breeding (in-game)! If you have any questions or want some help improving your competitive skills, PM a mentor here. Otherwise, have a great time here!
Hello Everybody!

My current identity is "Desuchan," but I would enjoy the name "Youmu" because it is part of my Pokemon Showdown name!

Anyways with that out of the way, I've been a long time lurker of Smogon University when I began competitive battling in the D/P/Pt/HG/SS era. I largely disappeared from Pokemon outside of a few Pokemon Showdown games for the time being until the OR/AS remakes have been released. As a fan of the 3rd generation games, I highly enjoy OR/AS and decided to come back to the Pokemon metagame. I am a player of OU standard, but I am willingly to look into the UU, Doubles, and VGC environments! I am not perfect or anything special, so I would like to expand my knowledge of Pokemon and balance creativity with skill.

I am looking forward to meeting you all!
Hi Desuchan, aka Youmu!
I agree with you about the third generation games and their remakes! I'm currently playing Alpha Sapphire, and it's pretty good. Have you visited the rooms for the tiers you like? You can get advice about them and discuss strategies there! Anyways, if you would like a mentor to help you improve your competitive skills, PM a mentor here. Have a great time on both Smogon and in Showdown!
Hi, I'm Epoch. I've been playing since Emerald, but now I'm trying to get into the competitive schtik. So... Yeah...
Hello Epoch!
Go here for an overview of how things work and also for the basics of competitive battling. Try out the different tiers, and have fun!
Hello smogon! Made an account around last year to lurk/learn the ways of pokemon starting with x/y this time around with ORAS I'm hoping to jump into battling and make some friends along the way. Pretty much no previous pokemon experience besides childhood and playing casually. Little did I know breeding and battling is hardcore. brah
Welcome Herpdongs!
Since you are somewhat new to competitive battling, I would advise you to go here for a guide containing information about the different tiers and the basics of competitive battling. If you would like a mentor to help you out, go here. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask; otherwise, have fun!
Hey there!
I started playing Pokemon with Yellow and I've always enjoyed it since. I actually joined Smogon a few years ago near the end of DPPt, but I was never active and just lurked. Although I didn't ever get into competitive battling all that much, I tried to at least stay vaguely aware of what was going on in the metagame. Recently, my interest has been rekindled and I've been playing around some in NU. I remembered that I still had an account and figured I'd try and get involved in the community this time!
Nice to meet you, Xaiph!
It's pretty cool that you've been playing since Generation 1! Great to see that you've decided to become active on Smogon! If you need any help getting around, PM a mentor. In addition, come by the "Smogon Hangout" room to get involved with the community! Try out the "NeverUsed" room in Showdown, too, as you can really get involved with that tier there! Don't hesitate to ask questions, and have a great time!
Hi! My name's Neo. I'm 14, and have been playing Pokemon since 2007. I started with Pokemon Diamond, and then I got hooked! I have heard of Smogon before, but hadn't thought of looking into it until recently. I joined Smogon because I wanted to get an edge in the battle scene, and I wanted to meet other people who like Pokemon as well!
Hello NoibatNeo!
Welcome to Smogon! You came to the right place to get your competitive battling skills improved. We have a guide that can help you get the basics of competitive and also some information on the different tiers we offer! You can also visit the "Competitive Tutoring" room to get your skills improved. Just remember to have fun, and I hope you'll find some tiers you like!
Hello guys. My name is Vince, and I'm new here.

I just bought my VERY FIRST Nintedo 3DS and Pokemon Omega Sapphire, so I'd like one person to answer my questions about the game and the device. Lol. Also, it would be fun to participate at the vents here.
Hey Vinceology!
Yeah, I got my first 3DS for X and Y, so at first it can be a bit difficult to get around! If you would like, I may be able to answer your questions: just drop me a PM. Try out the different tiers in Showdown, and find some you like! Once you've found some, you can visit their respective rooms to really start to fine-tune your skills in those tiers. You can also visit the "Wi-Fi" or "ORAS" rooms to discuss in-game content. If you need any advice or would like some help getting around the site, PM a mentor. I hope you have a great time here on Smogon, and in Showdown!

And...that's all! :)

Hi! I'm mataj, 15 years, and been playing since R/S/E but competitively started in Gen 5. Now with all this ORAS stuff I really got into creating an account in here, even though I always searched in the strategy dex, and the forums for some little help. I really want to be an active member of this community and so I'm here, introducing myself to y'all. I love to play in OU and most of all I love Keldeo <3, kinda my little pony stuff xd (no, not a brony here), I like it because it resembles D'Artagnan my favourite mousketeer :3 So, this is me, getting started. Cheers!

Minus

Hi! I'm mataj, 15 years, and been playing since R/S/E but competitively started in Gen 5. Now with all this ORAS stuff I really got into creating an account in here, even though I always searched in the strategy dex, and the forums for some little help. I really want to be an active member of this community and so I'm here, introducing myself to y'all. I love to play in OU and most of all I love Keldeo <3, kinda my little pony stuff xd (no, not a brony here), I like it because it resembles D'Artagnan my favourite mousketeer :3 So, this is me, getting started. Cheers!
Hey nice to meet you! I'm 15 too. Good luck with OU and welcome to Smogon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)