Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Nobody said breeding was effortless. It takes some work, and some luck, but ultimately worth it. I honestly don't worry about IV's until I've got the desired moves.
Indeed they didn't :p. It's so time consuming though.

But I believe you answered my other question to do with breeding as well, so again, thank you.

I have a question involving breeding:

When I bred my 31/31/31/x/31/31 Bagon with another 31/31/31/x/31/31 Bagon with destiny knot, I kept getting 4IVs!
Does anybody know why?

Edit:I just realized this, Destiny knot takes the Special Attack and takes the rest as perfect IVs

Morale of the story:Never breed 5iv with 5iv if you have a 6iv ditto

When you get to Slateport City, you get given the opportunity to participate in Pokémon Contests. After you have participated in your first one, a Pokémon Breeder will take you aside for a moment and offer you the special Pikachu which has clothes to match your Contest Clothes, Rock Star Pikachu if you're male or Pop Star Pikachu if you're female. This Pikachu has its Hidden Ability. In addition to that, it also has high stats for each of the Contest Types.

Click here for details on Cosplay Pikachu

Pikachu ♀

Level 20
OT:Yours
ID:Yours
Ability:Lightning Rod
Hold Item:
None??? Nature.
Date of Receiving
Slateport City. Caught at Lv. 25
Quick Attack
Electro Ball
Thunder Wave
Meteor Mash
Pikachu ♀

Level 20
Hold Item:
None??? Nature.
Date of Receiving
Quick Attack
Electro Ball
Thunder Wave
Draining Kiss

From Serebii

When you get to Slateport City, you get given the opportunity to participate in Pokémon Contests. After you have participated in your first one, a Pokémon Breeder will take you aside for a moment and offer you the special Pikachu which has clothes to match your Contest Clothes, Rock Star Pikachu if you're male or Pop Star Pikachu if you're female. This Pikachu has its Hidden Ability. In addition to that, it also has high stats for each of the Contest Types.

Click here for details on Cosplay Pikachu

Pikachu ♀

Level 20
Hold Item:
None??? Nature.
Date of Receiving
Quick Attack
Electro Ball
Thunder Wave
Meteor Mash
Pikachu ♀

Level 20
Hold Item:
None??? Nature.
Date of Receiving
Quick Attack
Electro Ball
Thunder Wave
Draining Kiss

From Serebii
Awesome. Can I breed the Cosplay Pikachu to get more?

Correct. However, Synchronize works 100% of the time with it and the in-game Lati@s. And Pikachu's defenses are like wet tissue paper anyway, so you can just focus on getting the perfect IV's in the offensive stats and Speed.
One final question. Does the guy immediately appear and give you the Pikachu before you can save, or can you save before it?

One final question. Does the guy immediately appear and give you the Pikachu before you can save, or can you save before it?
Something that wasn't mentioned, and it's probably too late anyway, is that due to being unable to breed this specific Pikachu has a guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Does the Dusk Ball work (i.e. have the boosted catch rate) in mirage spots? I'm SRing a mirage spot legendary tonight and it tends to break free a tad too often for my taste :> I've already SRed Suicune in a Net Ball, which should have roughly the same capture odds as a Dusk Ball at night, and that one consistently went a lot easier, so that's why I'm asking. I started at 10 pm so that can't be it, and by now I think I also have a large enough sample size to rule out bad luck (especially when compared to Suicune), and considering the battleground isn't exactly 'dusky' it would make sense for the dusk ball not to work, so...

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone happen know what happens if you happen to run away from Deoxys in the first battle? Do you get to have a space overworld or does it automatically make you fight it again or what?

In regards to flying press, shouldn't it do neutral damage against a magnemite, instead of not very effective?

Nvm, worked it out.

I know there's a list of Pokemon unobtainable in ORAS and I could just reverse-reference them but is there a list of obtainable Pokemon in ORAS, just to make my life that bit easier?

Oh and does the DexNav mean that every Pokemon catchable in ORAS can be found with its HA or are there restrictions? I feel like this is a dumb question. Sorry D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)