The UU Dark Horse Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Achieved A-rank with Sheddy stall
View attachment 31749

Sheddy is actually pretty difficult to play and it takes quite a lot of practice to play it effectively. However if you do play it right, it is extremely effectively and satisfying. It is extremely important to figure out what your opponent possibly has to hit sheddy with during team preview. Always scout for random toxics on defensive mon's (I've lost sheddy to toxic toxicroak once).

Hades (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Venus (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Counter
- Seismic Toss

Serpentine (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Archilles (Aggron) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam

Kraken (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald

Freyja (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam

Sheddy isn't so much of a win con for this team, but a hard counter to a lot of the big threats in the tier, such as crocune or mega lopunny. The team focuses more on hazard stacking and forcing switches with sheddy and phazing with zygarde and aggron.

Sheddy-Basically force switches and occasionally pull off a nice sweep. First had the idea to use sheddy because a lot of my teams are having trouble with mega lopunny, but it was meowie who suggested using sheddy with stall to me. I opted to have will-o-wisp over protect because of how effective it is at scaring things out and then you can proceed to burn it, and most sets are pretty predictable and dont really need protect to scout.

Blissey-Keeps tentacruel/aggron/zygarde healthy, counter is extremely effective when facing an unsuspecting opponent and can get rid of annoying things like entei or hippo in one hit, another common situation is when blissey is facing a mienshao, first you scout what they're gonna lock themselves into, most of the time they either knock off or uturn, and counter just gets a free kill.

Zygarde-The main win con of the team, it sets up on a huge chunk of the meta and once it's behind a sub with a few boosts it's almost impossible to stop

Aggron-Reliable rocks and phaze, doubles up as a solid counter to burd spams (takes like nothing from any flying move and ~45% from mega burd heat wave) and annoying shits like rachi. Blissey can easily heal it back up as it can switch in on so many things. I have toxic on this because hippo and rotom heat are very annoying to this team.

Tentacruel-Something to eat up toxic spikes, spin and set up toxic spikes. Toxic may seem like a weird move to have on it as it has toxic spikes but it is very useful so it can get flying/levitating things poisoned. A lot of the time, people switch things in to set up before you can get toxic spikes up, so toxic covers that.

Togetic-Since I have no magic bouncer, I needed a back up hazard remover and togetic is perfect for that as it can eat up just about any unboosted hit from anything, even after taking rocks damage. Also a very nice fighting spam check and zygarde counter.

This team does get swept by mega gallade if it gets a free switch in vs blissey, so gotta be careful.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192443386 - Zygarde is not broken
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192512857 - Zygarde still not broken
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192535649 - Late game sheddy sweep once everything was worn down
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192885436 - Sheddy best spinblock 2014
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192921726 - Don't be afraid to sac sash to get rid of threats, the +2 sneak had a ~60% chance of killing the chandy, but i got an extremely low roll, however it got it down to where rocks would kill, his defogger is a togetic so if i had rocks up and aggron inside i was in a very good position.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192920177 - Have to play extremely carefully when the opponent has pursuit trappers, I knew he was trying to lure sheddy in with cune turn 2.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've also been using Shedinja stall for a bit and have come to very similar conclusions. It's very convenient that you can send out one 'mon to deal with pretty much every bulky set up 'mon in the tier. Obviously, the three most prominent are Crocune, SubCoil Zygarde, and CurseLax. All three of these are stopped cold by Shedinja, they literally can't even touch you. Shedinja also serves a backup check to Mega Gallade so long as you have your sash intact. It's a fun style and definitely interesting but makes stall much more reliant on team matchup and can basically leave you playing a game 4v5. This is especially noticeable on a team like mine where I use sub optimal mons to ensure that Shedinja can be reliable throughout the match, Xatu primarily.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-193003093 - Random Toxic users can really screw you over.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-191290441 - Shedinja spinblocks Starmie 100% and when stall can keep its hazards up, it's in a really good spot.

Struggling to get to 1300, but that's only because of hax and the fact that I am in general really bad at this game. I should get their within the day or two.

That said, given that I really do suck at this game I've actually never made it to 1300 with any team before so if I do get there cudos to my Dark Horse.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192945907
This is my 1st Mega Lopunny encounter, in which my Mr. Mime bait works perfectly due to my unique spread with just enough evs to avoid the OHKO from return (or in this case frustration). I also like this replay because I win to hax rather than losing to it which makes me feel like God doesn't hate me.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192943185
Here I nearly 6-0 this guy but I accidentally switch in Masquerain instead of Krook.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192940270
This is just a hilarious game in which I give this donphan a real hard time and the guy rage quits.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192918730
A decent battle with an audience of fellow Dark Horsians in which Mr. Mime finally does something.

Overall these are my thoughts on my Dark Horse pokemon:

Mr. Mime: I feel this thing has really good potential I just haven't been able to show case it yet. It can do so many things effectively but just not with the same set, and I'm struggling to find which set is best. LO has really good coverage being able to cover a lot of top threats. Specs is really, really strong but requires good predictions. Filter alongside Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, and Focus Blast allows it to deal with most of its switch ins making it a strong lure. Its typing is really strong in this meta with quad fighting resist and stuff. Hell, I even think it could be a great Nasty Passer to the likes of Mega Pidgeot and Sceptile.
I really wish someone who was good at this game would try pick up Mr. Mime and do some testing.

Masquerain: Holy shit I love this thing! With its typing and Intimidate as well as a quick QD patching up its SpD, this thing can actually come in and set up on soooooo much of the current meta it is ridiculous! There hasn't been a single game where I haven't manage to pass at least 1 QD or set up Sticky web. Which reminds me, HOLY SHIT STICKY WEB! This thing sets up Sticky Web so effectively and is so strong against this fast paced meta. But I just can't stress the power of QD BP enough. It does it so incredibly easy and their is so much to pass to. Hydreigon, Alakazam, M-Sceptile, M-Houndoom, M-Pidgeot, Nidoking/queen, Chandelure, Roserade, Starmie, M-Blastoise, Soundproof Mr. Mime amirite, hell even fking CroCune! And more. This thing is the shit.

Doublade: I'm not sure how I feel about Doublade. It just doesn't feel like a DH given I've used it to great success in the past and I'm not sure how well it fits my team. One thing is for sure though this thing is an awesome physical wall and decent spin blocker. It is really powerful after a SD and has strong priority. It is a fantastic Blissey counter as Blissey can't touch it so you get a free SD or Toxic every time.

My team struggles with grass types as the only thing that hits them super effectively is Masquerain. Lol Grass types.

Alt: DH effectivilly

Proof:
User: DH effectivilly
This user has not played any ladder games yet.

Pokemon:

| 12 | Chandelure | 10.07503% |

| 34 | Beedrill | 6.83517% |

| 40 | Shaymin | 6.12727% |

| 54 | Cloyster | 4.60259% |

| 70 | Kingdra | 2.97061% |

| 88 | Jolteon | 1.37144% |

=31.98% (all addends were rounded to nearest hundreth of percent)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A-rank! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-193639094

Here are a couple more replays, both with Sharpedo doing its textbook thing:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-193620288 - Pretty straightforward... stack hazards, spinblock until their spinner is in KO range from Sharp, and wear the scarfers down with TReuni to make a Sharp sweep easy. Sharp gets relatively decent bulk in its evolved form, able to tank things like Entei's Espeed.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-193625131 - Fun game against Donphantastic. His whole team bar Forretress is OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by Sharpedo, so I focus on taking his Forry out as quickly as possible, and let Sharp do his thing.

It's a bit late, so I'll probably wait until tomorrow to go over my team and dark horses. I have really been having a lot of fun with this team, I must say.

EDIT:

Currently hanging out at #6 #5 with 1622, but haven't been able to push into the top 5 yet. I might actually RMT this team, but in the meantime, here's the breakdown of my dark horses:

Mega Sharpedo: Shouldn't really be a dark horse. This is my most common win condition, and it 2HKOs so much. Probably the single most important thing to do when playing this team is to look at preview and figure out how much Sharp does to each member and how many likely boosts are needed to outspeed. Sometimes you can bring Sharp in early if you're confident you can get two boosts (like if your base form outspeeds and has enough power to RK something), but usually this gets left for the late game.

Froslass: Everyone knows what Froslass does. She's good at it, though. Set hazards, block opposing hazards and defogs and set-up with Taunt, force switches with Dbond to get more hazards up. I'm running the Icy Wind version so that I'm not totally screwed by Azelf and so that I can mess up scarf leads like Jirachi or Mienshao.

Reuniclus: Best anti-offense around. I'm running TR + 3 attacks with a Life Orb, and this thing just demolishes offense. Works especially well if hazards are down, because the opponent will often be forced to switch like crazy in an attempt to run TR turns out. He's bulky enough to tank a Knock Off from MGallade or survive Fake Out + Return from MLop, and if Focus Blast doesn't screw you over, Psyshock + Focus Blast + Shadow Ball 2HKOs basically everything not named Suicune or Zyggy. Just be careful with the latter, because you don't want to let Zyggy set up.

Spiritomb: Really surprisingly happy with Spiritomb. I've mentioned the whole Sucker Punch/Pursuit trapping of Beedrill already, which is always fun. He also OHKOs Darmanitan after rocks (83-98%), totally screws over Starmie, completely shuts down Forry with Taunt/WoW, can tank a +2 EQ from Zyggy to Wisp him through his Substitute, and can switch in to any of MGallade's attacks. Oh, and he can switch in to Blastoise's Dark Pulse, too, which most spinblockers can't claim to do (RIP Sableye). Modest Blast will still 2HKO, but if you've got hazards down, all you really need to do is nail Blast with Sucker Punch and he'll be in KO range of Sharpedo or whatever else you feel like bringing in. I miss Sableye, but Spiritomb has been pretty clutch. Once MGallade leaves the tier he'll be a little less useful, since having an offensive answer to MGallade was a big part of my choosing Spiritomb, but it turns out he's got enough utility that he might be worth sticking around anyhow.

Last edited:
Hit B Rank!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-194843968

So, with Lop and Gallade biting the BL dust, Cof did find itself in a weird position, but let me tell you something. Cof is one bulky mon lol I think the top new threats have become Mega Beedrill, Mega Swampert and Mega Aero. Fortunately, for our little coffin, he can handle these mons pretty well 1v1.

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus in Rain: 133-157 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(no more Swift Swim by the way, which makes it easy pickings for Mega Rango)

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 82-97 (25.7 - 30.4%) -- 2.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
(no more Adaptability)

252 Atk Beedrill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 200-236 (62.6 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(add in WoW, Shadow Ball, and SR and it can fair pretty well)

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 146-172 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So, I'm very happy with how Cof is performing.

Regarding Quagy, it does what it does. I don't think most people know how Unaware works. I think this sounds silly, but you'll be surprised. People go and spam Ice Beam for fear of Water Absorb, even though their +6 Zygarde is only doing like 20% to Quagsire -_-

Now, for Mega Rango...

I am more disappointed with how Mega Rango functions. Believe it or not, it's speed is what disappoints me. That base 145 speed speed ties with Mega Beedrill, which puts more pressure on Cof and forces me into many 50/50 situations where it literally comes down to Sceptile vs. Beedrill, both Jolly and able to KO the other. Mega Aero and Zam are the hugest buzz kills for Scept. I still think the SD set is most viable compared to special set.

Non DH:

Chandy and Umbreon are pretty standard; TrickScarf and Cleric. Great synergy together. Double Ghost core + Trick Scarf on spinners/defoggers is a huge help for this team. Chandy is pretty good in this meta, but people need to remember a very key fact about Chandy; Timid Scarf Chandy does not outspeed Jolly Mega Sceptile.

Now, for the MVP of the team....

Sp Def Gligar is the glue that holds this team together. It's ability to reliably check Scarf Hydre, Mega Amphy, Chandy and most Infernapes is nuts. Just to prove how bulky this mon is...

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 317-374 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar in Rain: 300-354 (89.8 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 213-252 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 240-284 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 147-174 (44 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 322-380 (96.4 - 113.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Granted, these are iffy examples, but you can see the type of hits Gligar can hit. It's still able to tank hits from the physical side as well. But, add in Cof and Umbreon and it's a pretty decent punching bag and pivot. The ability to pivot in on a choiced mon and to set up SR, Defog, or Roost/EQ is very reliable. Most surprising mon imo.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ha, no, that's not me. I put the team up for RMT, so I expect it was just someone testing it out.

Great job on B rank!

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Team for December, Was Already approved before Forum Mishaps.

1. Panderp (Pangoro) @ Choice Band
  2. Ability: Iron Fist
  3. Shiny: Yes
  4. EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
  5. Jolly Nature
  6. - Knock Off
  7. - Hammer Arm
  8. - Poison Jab
  9. - Parting Shot

10. Gurren (Golurk) @ Choice Band
  11. Ability: Iron Fist
  12. Shiny: Yes
  13. EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
  14. Jolly Nature
  15. - Ice Punch
  16. - Drain Punch
  17. - Shadow Punch
  18. - Earthquake

19. Suicune @ Leftovers
  20. Ability: Pressure
  21. EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
  22. Bold Nature
  23. - Rest
  24. - Calm Mind
  25. - Sleep Talk
  26. - Scald

27. Yanmega @ Life Orb
  28. Ability: Speed Boost
  29. EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
  30. Jolly Nature
  31. - Giga Drain
  32. - Air Slash
  33. - Bug Buzz
  34. - Protect

35. Bronzong @ Light Clay
  36. Ability: Levitate
  37. EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
  38. Careful Nature
  39. - Reflect
  40. - Light Screen
  41. - Stealth Rock
  42. - Explosion

43. Whimsicott @ Leftovers
  44. Ability: Prankster
  45. EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
  46. Timid Nature
  47. - Leech Seed
  48. - Substitute
  49. - Cotton Guard
  50. - Moonblast
    Will be reposting Replays and observations ASAP tomorrow/later today.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I uh...well...um...

December's Usage Stats are up, everybody! Due to some difficulties we ended up losing our threads, and getting them back at the cost of them being older versions of the thread. Meaning all new content/posts in them are pretty much gone, and I never had a chance to go over the more recent posts made here at the beginning of this month. If it doesn't kill all you guys too much, do you mind starting over with your teams and alts? Kinda hate asking this especially for those who didn't know who have laddered far, but I really can't do much else here. The month is still pretty fresh and whatnot

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Fresh Alt: Hogg Horse

I am literally making this team up on the spot, so let's see how it does...
| 82 | Kyurem | 1.38810%
| 76 | Amoonguss | 1.79218%
| 67 | Bronzong | 2.32911%

| 56 | Pidgeot | 4.35955%
| 25 | Tentacruel | 8.23689%
| 19 | Arcanine | 9.41345%

Total: 27.5%

I might switch up the non-horses at a later time, but let's see how this goes for now.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fresh Alt: Hogg Horse

I am literally making this team up on the spot, so let's see how it does...
| 82 | Kyurem | 1.38810%
| 76 | Amoonguss | 1.79218%
| 67 | Bronzong | 2.32911%
| 56 | Pidgeot | 4.35955%

| 25 | Tentacruel | 8.23689%
| 19 | Arcanine | 9.41345%

Total: 27.5%

I might switch up the non-horses at a later time, but let's see how this goes for now.
Wait why'd you bold Pidgeot? It's not a DH this month lol. Everything else checks out tho

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
My mistake - I know Pidgeot's not a DH. Kyurem, Amoongus and Bronzong are my horses this month.

Alt: 360NOSCOPIN

| 65 | Kingdra | 3.32394% |
| 106 | Abomasnow | 0.91149% |
| 96 | Fletchinder | 1.01571% |
| 103 | Escavalier | 0.94161% |

| 43 | Nidoqueen | 5.46662% |
| 28 | Starmie | 7.76919% |

Even with Mega Alakazam gone, Escavalier is now a nice check to M-Diancie!

252+ SpA Diancie Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Escavalier: 81-96 (23.5 - 27.9%) -- 86.7% chance to 4HKO

Right?!

4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 156-184 (45.3 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

;_;

whyy

I uh...well...um...

December's Usage Stats are up, everybody! Due to some difficulties we ended up losing our threads, and getting them back at the cost of them being older versions of the thread. Meaning all new content/posts in them are pretty much gone, and I never had a chance to go over the more recent posts made here at the beginning of this month. If it doesn't kill all you guys too much, do you mind starting over with your teams and alts? Kinda hate asking this especially for those who didn't know who have laddered far, but I really can't do much else here. The month is still pretty fresh and whatnot
Well my team was kind of garbo, so ill be posting a new alt with new DH. Im leaning more towards Mega Amphy, Alo andAmoongus for my DH 2nd time around.

By the way, Mega Steelix is an inferior Mega Aggron imo. Theability to switch in freely on electric moves is not worth it imo. Mega steelix has a higher HP and Sp def, but Filter makes up for it without adding a water weakness to the mix (hello mega swampy).

Oh and Golbat is pretty muvh Garbat...

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
I'm having fun with the team so far, especially considering how quickly it was tossed together. SubRoost Kyurem is a beast, able to do things like stall CroCune out of Scald PP or beat most spinners one on one. Amoongus is a good mixed pivot as always. I'm running specially defensive Bronzong right now since it's my main fairy and Nido switch-in, especially with MegaDance running rampant.

I do wish I'd worked in a dark resist somewhere, but I'm not really sure where. I haven't had a ton of trouble with Absol or Hydreigon, though, and they're the most dangerous dark types in the tier. LO Roost Hydreigon is a pain to deal with, because my team is fairly slow, and I can't use Amoongus to scout what move he'll be locked into for fear of taking a boosted Draco Meteor, but the Scarf version isn't too bad. Absol mostly loses to defensive Arcanine and basically everyone on the team threatens him in some way, so that hasn't been a huge issue.

Here's a random replay, because I just realized I haven't been saving any: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-200764475

Well my team was kind of garbo, so ill be posting a new alt with new DH. Im leaning more towards Mega Amphy, Alo andAmoongus for my DH 2nd time around.

By the way, Mega Steelix is an inferior Mega Aggron imo. Theability to switch in freely on electric moves is not worth it imo. Mega steelix has a higher HP and Sp def, but Filter makes up for it without adding a water weakness to the mix (hello mega swampy).

Oh and Golbat is pretty muvh Garbat...
Regen core is always fun. I had a sand stall team a while back with Alomomola and Amoongus. I always figured that Mega-Steelix is rarely going to be that useful for most teams in a tier where Mega-Aggron is allowed, but it would have been nice to hear otherwise. Oh well.

I find Golbat mostly inferior to Togetic as far as bulky Eviolite defoggers that laugh at fighting attacks go, unless you really specifically need a good fairy switch-in. Of course, with Ziggy gone, that might not be true anymore (although Toxic Golbat also handled Ziggy pretty well).

So could we get an adjusted usage rate for Medicham like we got for Lopunny and Gallade? I understand that normally we don't get to use drops like this, but could an exception be made?

I think I'll start up a new account to try out some Dark Horses. Any suggestions for mons to use?
Off the top of my head I'd say Yanmega, Fletchinder, Reuniclus, Dragalge, and Cresselia would be the 5 I would consider first. Other than that I've used Pangoro, Cobalion, and Rhyperior before and they work alright, though they have their own issues that can hold them back at times.

EDIT: Serperior just got its hidden ability and I'm loving it as a Crocune check right now, past usage means nothing with this guy's ability.

Last edited:
127 | Exploud | 0.49439%
22 | Lucario | 8.48566%
23 | Chesnaught | 8.36070% 35 | Celebi | 6.81416%
21 | Vaporeon | 8.98767%
63 | Ampharos | 3.94437%
60 | Gligar | 4.10473%
Total=34.37752% 32,83098%

The idea of the team is to stack hazards with Chesnaught, Volt-Turn with Vaporeon/Ampharos/Gligar, bring Exploud safely and nuke something, clean up late game with Lucario.

But still there are couple things that worries me:
*No hazard control. I wanted Forry but it had really damn high usage (12.5% like seriosly wtf) so i had to go with Chesnaught as a spiker. If it really bothers me i'll probably just give Gligar defog. Gligar now has defog.
*Nice psychic resist. Superachi, Offensive Celebi, LO Zam are big threats.
*Diancie-M retest doesn't help either. I hope Vapo+Gligar can handle it. If not i might give BP to Lucario.
*Specs Chandy is a bitch.

Adsız.png

Pink core is not dead. All you have to do is to make vapo/amph shiny, pair them with Gligar and you get a pink volt-turn core.

Here's a replay that shows how the team functions on a testing alt. rip my opponents points :[

Also i might share an importable of team after i reach one of the goals.

Last edited:
So could we get an adjusted usage rate for Medicham like we got for Lopunny and Gallade? I understand that normally we don't get to use drops like this, but could an exception be made?

Off the top of my head I'd say Yanmega, Fletchinder, Reuniclus, Dragalge, and Cresselia would be the 5 I would consider first. Other than that I've used Pangoro, Cobalion, and Rhyperior before and they work alright, though they have their own issues that can hold them back at times.

EDIT: Serperior just got its hidden ability and I'm loving it as a Crocune check right now, past usage means nothing with this guy's ability.
Ladder has been updated for Serp with contrary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)